benne
+0|6850|Minnesota
Well, Here is my conclusion, Before 1.03 came out i had 7500 or so Global points, I was a Lance Corporal.  Then I  the patch came out and I should've gone 3 ranks, Corporal, Sergeant, Staff Seargent, and Now that I have 8300 or so GP's I should be a Gunnery Sergeant.  The Qualifications however to move up a rank, is to be a corporal first, I needed to be a corporal to go to Sergeant, Seagen to go to Staff Sergeant, and so on.  But since I Surpassed the Current Corporal rank, i can never move up in ranks.  I'm sure people have had trouble with this because in 1.02 there was such large gaps between ranks.  Does anyone know how to fix this? or should I just start over and give up all my progress...Or just Quit BF2...
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6856|-
Wtf are you talking about? Go play a round and you will gain your ranks.
Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6849|Scotland!
Go play a round WITH the patch installed*
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6795

and if that doesn't work, try a different server :p some are borked

BOoOoomHEADSHOT
benne
+0|6850|Minnesota
no, i see people getting promoted all the time on the server i play on, I did earn the 500 more points needed to get up to the 8000 required of Gunnery Sergeant or w/e it is...i haven't been promoted yet,
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6856|San Francisco

No idea. Ask EA.

[off topic]Heh, that's confusing... a benne and a beeng in the same thread![/off topic]
Omnimalice
All Hate
+1|6788|Northern VA
1. Install the patch
2. Check 'same version' in Multiplayer
3. Pick a ranked server
4. Shoot someone in the face
5. Finish round.
6. Disconnect
7. Choose unlocks.

When in doubt, just play more using the provided list.
dan500
+57|6856
Yes, but it should go (for you) :

Corporal (800 points)
Sergeant (2500 points)
Staff Sergeant (5000 points)
Gunnery Sergeant (8000 points)

See where im going with this?
pasthebiscuits
+2|6834|Redcar, England
being lance corporal has nothing to do with it, i was lc too and it bumped me up to staff while i was playing.
their must be something else that is causing it
benne
+0|6850|Minnesota
I know, but in the requirements it says you need to be a lance corporal to be a corporal, and a corporal to be a Sergeant...I have 8600 GP. I patched with 7500...been playing on a ranked server for sure,  cause i got a knife badge...know why the hell would it do this.

And does the little, Two ^^ things in the server list mean its ranked??? i think it is the sergeant or corporal sign?

Last edited by benne (2005-10-06 18:44:20)

tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6856|San Francisco

Yes the little badge icon (whatever rank it may be) is the symbol for the server being a ranked server. Having said that I would highly suggest playing on EA Official servers as they tend to be the most reliable when it comes to sending ranking and award data at the end of rounds. I would keep trying a bit, I myself had to go through the ranking process 3 times before it actually saved to my stats, and if all else fails take this issue up with EA Support.
benne
+0|6850|Minnesota
yeah, it worked, i went on a server of wake island..new it had to be new patch, and i shot one guy, went up to corporal, then just did my homework while in the server and came back and was a staff sergeant, now which guns to unlock lol...i have the doa, pkm, and m95 now, still have one more unlock to choose.
Omnimalice
All Hate
+1|6788|Northern VA
Glad it's sorted out. This proves once again that global score is not linked to IQ.
benne
+0|6850|Minnesota
compliment or diss..?
tonynoc
+0|6771
i gotta add somthing to this...im a LC too. I have a little over 900 points and yet to move up in rank. I play on EA servers. I have noticed that many players have the same problem while they are LC's. Not complaining, giving it time since I just started playing and I got my 900+ points yesterday. But kinda weird getting stuck as a LC when the problem starts.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard