Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6748|Toronto, ON
I think this is a serious concern...

There are far too many snipers out there now.  Now I'm not saying they are bad and all, I'm just saying I'm light years ahead of them.

When there is a Tank killing us continuously, and every single member of our team is Sniper class, that spells L-O-S-S.  Now I'm not that experienced of an AT, but I will definitely spawn as AT if a similiar situation arises.
I do everything that is Jesus-ly possible (not physically possible, but JESUS-LY possible) to make our team win rather than go for the golden KD (even though my real KD would be so high that everyone seeing it would have their heads explode).

I know I know, people see me and want to be in my shoes yada yada (which is the reason for the rise of popularity of Sniping).  But please do so discretely, don't do it just to benefit yourself and cause your team to lose.

Does anyone else think there are too many snipers other than me these days?
Alpha as fuck.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6789|Jupiter
Dude, your not the best sniper in the world, get over yourself... seriously.
duk0r
Administrator
+306|6664|Austin, TX

Nyte wrote:

Now I'm not saying they are bad and all, I'm just saying I'm light years ahead of them.
e g o t i s t i c a l
https://bf3s.com/sigs/a3a6d1102d14bf2f7e266fba7f728dc2cc38b316.png
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6642
Fact: The team with the most snipers will lose regardless of skill or balance.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6789|Jupiter

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Fact: The team with the most snipers will lose regardless of skill or balance.
And thats where your wrong.
Change that to

"Opinion: The team with the most snipers will lose regardless of skill or balance."

]ESF[ clan owns, almost all of us go sniper, atleast 7-8 of us, and we own karkand like its no ones business (No, not with the claymores...) But anyways, we cap flags, and really just do a good job as a squad with all snipers, cause it only takes 2 shots to kill someone if you hit them in the chest, so 6 snipers.. yea, i think you can do the math

Last edited by (EUS)Gen.BadSnipaDay (2006-04-21 15:35:15)

andy12
Banned
+52|6653
Nyte get over yourself most people havent heard of you and your not the reason for the increasing popularity of snipers.
jord
+2,382|6674|The North, beyond the wall.
Wtf he is way to arrogant.
LivelyToaster
+60|6716|Sacto, CA
I don't get why his statements piss everybody off. He just says stuff like that to get on peoples nerves. I actually enjoy reading his posts because it's fun watching everyone start flaming because of something he said.
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6643
lol nyte your amazing. I kick your ass at sniping anyday. not on beefs account tho. But yes first it was PKM now its snipers
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6645|South Korea.

(EUS)Gen.BadSnipaDay wrote:

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6716|California

im a situational player. i like RPGs very much tho
voltage
+46|6837|Sweden
Sometimes there can be too many snipers, still I want some snipers in my team to keep the enemy snipers in check. It's a silent battle that us guys with noisy guns don't notice but take benefit from.

It can baffle me sometimes when a spawn point is heavily camped by tanks and APC and still some spawn as snipers. OTOH, the other day when I got sniped I found myself thinking the same way as they probably do: "should I spawn as sniper and 'clear' him out? Naa, I'm not good at that, someone else better take care of it.". We all have our favourite kits or at least shunned kits that we rather don't use.
Encoded
The bf2s eunuch
+11|6712
situations ftw! strykker is my hero in every way.
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6681|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
i like snipe people when they are giving themself pleasure like right now...i know one of you poor fella's are beetin the meat so to say an some other kid is sitting here saying wtf what  dumb post -1 karma for tushers
so everyone give me negitive karma so we all feel better, and next time when you see my name pull up your pants and take me serious!!!KK
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6693|Germany
To quote somethingawful:

"Always Play As a Sniper! - The sniper is singlehandedly the most awesome and useful class in the universe. I mean, they have sniper rifles, for crying out loud! SNIPER RIFLES! Some of the most successful BF2 teams were composed entirely of snipers, sharpshooting enemies from hundreds of meters away and snuffing out souls like a rogue Twinkie lobbed into your damp, subterranean computer lair. Many squad leaders will often request large amounts of snipers to join their team since the core of any useful squad is a sniper ready and willing to sit in one single location for 30 minutes, shooting at tanks and calling for supplies while refusing to move for any reason short of an air strike directly on their head. Never underestimate the monumental contributions a sniper can lend to any squad that really likes crouching in one location for days and missing virtually everything they aim for."

"The only practical solution lies in the mutiny of your commander. Don't worry if you never plan on replacing him, teams don't need a commander! They just need about eight billion snipers and some guy to bunny hop around like an idiot, dropping ammo packs everywhere."

Not that I'm completely guilt-free,I played sniper for nearly 300 hours now,but you can ask all my friends,since I own a computer and play FPS I always take the sniper.
And I think I'm doing not so bad.
a fly
+105|6640|The netherlands
theres never to many snipers on the enemy team on your own, well, then its a problem. but since 95% of the snipers are easy targets (like stealing candy from a kit). but then there is that 5% that can snipe, wich could be dangarus. so then i need to call nyte to help me (he is the best sniper, just admit it, i havent seen a better one ever in any game)

^ofcourse some of this is sarcastic..... for people who dont know what that means, try www.google.com ;-)
bobroonie.bda
+143|6678
funny shit we were talking about that today.. my buddies and I destroyed Mashur city in about 5 mins, half the enemy team were snipers. The best is when they shot your tank haha.. "Ping" turn turret boom dead sniper. and what does he do spawn sniper again hahaha. awesome keep up the good work guys. If im on a team with to many snipers i just switch teams and kill them.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6748|Toronto, ON

I'm sorry, not the world, but the universe.
Alpha as fuck.
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6643

Nyte wrote:

lmao
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6645|South Korea.

Nyte wrote:

Well, if you are the best in the Universe, I am the best in the Multiverse. I am not the jesus of sniping... I AM THE GOD! How is that for bragging bitch lol!
raz
+22|6660|England, UK
If you're the best sniper in the world. I'm Bob Marley.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6686|Tampa Bay Florida
Agree, tho I think the main concern should be snipers who don't know/want to play as a team, and who have 0.1 k/d ratios for the map.  It's those guys you gotta worry about
niomosy
+26|6686
For those going for their knife and pistol badges, there's no such thing as "too many snipers".  It's only a "more target-rich environment"
goobermit
+2|6623
I've definitely noticed the sniper problem.  It amazes me that some of these "snipers" will climb to the top of a tower to snipe yet not drop one claymore on the ladders to protect their backs.  Yesterday I had a fun time on SF just going around with a zipline and stabbing snipers.
But personnally, I'm not too worried about the snipers since I spend most of my time as an engineer with a tank.   And if anyone thinks I'm a tank whore, I guess that just makes the snipers my tank bitches.
Thecr0wPL
+-2|6573

Nyte wrote:

Looking at your Sniper class stats you're just an average Joe, if it wasn't for the claymore K/D I'd have similar overall Sniper K/D to yours and that is the least class that I play.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard