They are nice16%16% - 14
Fuck the unlocks/badges3%3% - 3
Don't really care9%9% - 8
What the hell is a badge3%3% - 3
Total: 86
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6692|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
Just wondering.  I know there gotsa be a billion post on this but WTH...I like it when I get the little drumroll and I feel so worm and fuzzy like someone died for me...
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6759
I don't really care. I play for fun.
Badges, unlocks, medals are just a nice  addition for me.
k1LLr_M
Prone to Own
+118|6601|Houston, TX
yaayz badgez FTW!!
i usually dont go outside my routine to get em which is probably why i don't have very many .
KillerKane0
+53|6653|Calgary, Alberta
Having earned 2 badges (Helicopter and Command) and 2 ribbons (Staff Officer and Helicopter) in the past week, I love them!  I need more - particularly aviator and knife combat to avoid the dreaded Master Sergeant/Master Gunnery Sergeant path.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6654|Peoria
They give me something to shoot for really. Plus, the effort it takes to get them makes you improve as a player.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6682|Canberra, AUS
I like them. Nice goal to have, instead of mindlessly playing for points.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
i can agree somtimes it is fun just to run around and blow peoples flippen head off once in awhile but some timw you gotsa try for somthing
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6659|The Netherlands
love the badges:D that sounds when you receive them makes me h#rny
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6672|NT, like Mick Dundee

I like getting unlocks ALOT. New gun to play with and it means that none of the kits ever get stale...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy
+45|6646|Olympus Mons, Mars
I... I... I love badges, badges, badges! Such fun to get!
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
yes badges to make me horny or it might be my girlfriend, she was sleeping over and it was every guys dream she was taking a shower, i "accidentaly" walked dinto the bathroom and bam a nicepair of tits poped up...it was like bf2 all over again, and the best thing was she didn't really care...wow i got a really nice GF
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6768
I got the first "fuck the badges" vote.

All my badges I've got through just playing normally. Only basic pistol and knife I got manually (to get promoted to first sergeant, so I can be commander when I want to).

If you got some sort of award for getting a certain number of badges, sure. The weapon unlocks are great.

And the poster above, if you want to boast, try a sex forum.
siciliano732
+202|6656|New York
i love the unlocks/badges/medal..etc....its what keeps the game interesting to me...i just think some of them are alittle far fetched....especially SF stuff....
siciliano732
+202|6656|New York

Tushers wrote:

yes badges to make me horny or it might be my girlfriend, she was sleeping over and it was every guys dream she was taking a shower, i "accidentaly" walked dinto the bathroom and bam a nicepair of tits poped up...it was like bf2 all over again, and the best thing was she didn't really care...wow i got a really nice GF
by the way....your gay...grow up
Dtrich-]X[
+4|6647
Badges ribbons and medals plus the stats that are held is a very good way to entice people to play the game without them i may not have tried to play bf2. Its what took me away from CS and CSS. It gives the player something to look towards. Id rather play a game that has some kind of incentive than sit around and just get some kills and get nothing out of it.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6713|Antarctica
I used to go after awards/ranks more than anything, then when EA started comming out with retarded patches and reset 400 people, many who I know and play with, I lost faith in the ranking system.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6796|England
Its like pokemon, gotta catch em’ all!
DeadJim
+19|6756|Valencia, California
I'm an admitted badge and ribbon whore...

it's my primary focus for kit selection and game style objective. 

Don't get me wrong, I'll still switch to Engineer, even though I've pulled gold, when assets need it - or the tank guy I'm running with can't seem to guage enemy fire to save his life.  For for the most part - a goal oriented approach for a specific badge or certification provides focus, it forces me to get better in key areas.

In the early months, I couldn't kill jack with a shotgun - then I went for my Engy gold (Now I _love_ the shotgun).. I couldn't get beyond mediocre with a pistol until I pushed _Hard_ for my pistol expert, nowadays it saves my ass time and time again when my G36 runs empty and the other guy is still standing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not on the self promotion kick - God knows I get spanked by really good players far too often - the point is, the badge / ribbon schema in place not only caters to the Obsessive Compulsive people like myself, it forces you to expand your familiarity and skill in more than 1 map, 1 kit, 1 weapon.

The Badges and ribbons, in my mind, are very good indicators of a players capabilities : I wish BF2 supported a better way to display player's accomplishments - rather than simply their rank.  It would add so many dynamics to Squad selection and allow the formation of truly well-rounded (or specialized) squads. 

Just my 2 cents, and kudos to those who find that specialization and adherence to a narrow field of play to be more beneficial to them - its all good in the long run.

Woot

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard