Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6639
I found a near empty server with one afk guy in it a little while ago and decided to do some experimenting on headshots. I tested which guns kill with one shot to the head and which guns don't. Anywho, I thought I'd share my findings as it seems many people don't know how powerful the guns are. I was only able to test the UMSC side guns and all unlocks. I was not able to test the MEC or PLA regulars so the list is a little incomplete.

Spec Ops Kit:  All Spec Ops guns - no one shot kill, not even the Scar-L
Sniper Kit:      All Sniper guns - well duh, all one shot headkill
Assault Kit:     M16A2 - no| G3 - yes| F2000 - yes
Anti-Tank Kit:  MP5 - no| Dao - yes| P90 - no
Medic Kit:        M16A2 - no(duh)| L85A1 - yes| G36E - no
Support Kit:     M249 SAW - no| PKM - yes| MG36 - no
Engineer Kit:    M11-87 - yes| Mk3A1 - yes| MP7 - no

Hope people find this useful.

P.S. I know UBAR says damage for each weapon but I really have no clue what 30 damage means. I guess one shot kills occur between 30 and 34 damage. According to UBAR the M16A2 does 30 damage while the F2000 does 34 damage.

Edit: I can't spell for shit when I'm tired.

Last edited by Ajax_the_Great1 (2006-04-18 21:20:12)

MaddoxM
+4|6605
How far away were you from the target?
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6639
Inches, so I know for a fact that I hit him in the head. I also tested twice with each gun. Like I said, the guy was afk.
StabStabStab
I want a cool title!
+26|6576|Canada
I shoot a 4 round burst with the F2000, and spam with the carbines, just to make sure. This isn't CS, and the hit detection sucks so much that aiming for headshots costs more ammo in the long run. I prefer running around with my gun at shoulder level and letting off the aforementioned 4 round bust.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636
i really hope distance doesnt fuck with the power of the bullet in this game, does it?
eagles1106
+269|6576|Marlton, New Jersey.
Surprising how some of these are NO's, because in real life if you get a 5.56 round to the face(or any others) your gonna paint the sidewalk red and have an ambulance take your ass away....
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6720|Honolulu, HI
The damage shown in the Wiki is a percentage of total health (100 = full health of any soldier).  For example, G3 = 40 damage.  This means one hit to the unarmored torso deals 40 damage (40% of the health bar).  Body armor (Assault, Anti-Tank, Support) reduces damage from torso hits by approximately 30% (G3: 40 - 30% = 28 damage).

Headshots, I believe, are triple damage.  Thus any gun that deals 34 or more damage will be a one hit headshot (F2000 = 34, L85A1 = 34, and the rest that do more), but every other gun is a 2 hit headshot, even the pistols and SMGs (60 and 57 damage per headshot there).
sparklet
Banned
+34|6740|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

i really hope distance doesnt fuck with the power of the bullet in this game, does it?
PROLY NOT!!
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636

eagles1106 wrote:

Surprising how some of these are NO's, because in real life if you get a 5.56 round to the face(or any others) your gonna paint the sidewalk red and have an ambulance take your ass away....
Ive caught 7.62mm rounds in mid trajectory with my teeth, dont talk to me about real life.
StabStabStab
I want a cool title!
+26|6576|Canada
Does the BH kill with a headshot?
Mike_J
+68|6661

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

eagles1106 wrote:

Ive caught 7.62mm rounds in mid trajectory with my teeth, dont talk to me about real life.
LOL!!
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6639

[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra wrote:

The damage shown in the Wiki is a percentage of total health (100 = full health of any soldier).  For example, G3 = 40 damage.  This means one hit to the unarmored torso deals 40 damage (40% of the health bar).  Body armor (Assault, Anti-Tank, Support) reduces damage from torso hits by approximately 30% (G3: 40 - 30% = 28 damage).

Headshots, I believe, are triple damage.  Thus any gun that deals 34 or more damage will be a one hit headshot (F2000 = 34, L85A1 = 34, and the rest that do more), but every other gun is a 2 hit headshot, even the pistols and SMGs (60 and 57 damage per headshot there).
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the info. Although they aren't always correct. For instance, their info on the M95 and M24. They say they do the same damage but they actually don't. M95 is guranteed to bring your target to 2 bars of health no matter what. M24 and L96 sufffer in damage to body armoured units.
sidneysmut
Banned
+13|6584
this is a great post. it simplifies the whole one shot thing. it would be good if it could be expanded to include all weapons. then expand it even more to include shots to the torso.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6583|Your attic

sidneysmut wrote:

this is a great post. it simplifies the whole one shot thing. it would be good if it could be expanded to include all weapons. then expand it even more to include shots to the torso.
Shots to Kill Non Armor    ?
Shots to Kill Armor    ?

Taken from the weapon section in wiki

http://wiki.bf2s.com/weapons
deject
Got His War On
+37|6766|Golden, CO

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

According to the Wiki, the pistols and shotguns have a severe damage reduction after about 100m.  For the rifles, I think there isn't any modification, or at least it's fairly insignificant compared to hit location.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6752
If you look closely at the Benelli M4 (Eu Shotgun) on the Wiki, you'll notice its almsot as powerful as the pump action shotguns, even though its automatic.
skuko
+5|6604

eagles1106 wrote:

i think you meant coroner
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6713|Sydney, Australia

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

I found an empty server with one afk guy
Not that I don't trust your experiment, but:

Favorite Victim.....(Kills to, via EA)  skapentor (9)
More Victims........(Top 10) DT-Jerryskids (6)
Worst Enemy.......(Deaths by, via EA) suedoaet (9)
More Enemies......(Top 10) No one has picked on you much.

Who was this "afk guy"? And exactly how many times did you kill him?
Gulf_War_Syndrome
OMG ERYX HAX!
+62|6671|Adelaide, Australia
If it was one guy in the server, the game wouldn't have started, hence no stats recorded...
FirePhoenix
+18|6631|hamilton, scotland
dont forget the knife, the only weapon to have 1 shot kills anywhere in the body

Last edited by FirePhoenix (2006-04-19 02:19:54)

*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6736|Malaga, EspaƱa

FirePhoenix wrote:

dont forget the knife, the only weapon to have 1 shot kills anywhere in the body
Hey! dont forget the Shock Paddles m8!
jeffpod
+14|6579
You forget the Eryx and Sraw - they are both one shot kills irrelevant of where you hit a guy.
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6616|Birmingham, UK

[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra wrote:

Right on, brother! You know the score! At this point, I will take the liberty to direct you to http://wiki.bf2s.com/weapons
and say "Look at that! It tells you how much damage each shot does for EVERY weapon, and how many shots it takes to kill armoured and non-armoured personnel! Use this genius source! I still prefer the G36E...
lord_tyler_486
+54|6744|Upper Franconia
AKs FTW they also kill with 1 head shot.
However, does anybody know how the damage of a frag or smoke grenade is calculated ? I mean the damage it does when it bumps off the enemy, not the exploding damage.
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6635|England
HMM, knife to the armoured torso of an Ass,Sup or AT doesnt seem to work for me

Or perhaps thats the glitch where you stab someone multiple times

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard