wilber69
+8|6673
Ok, so I thought I'd come back to this thread after playing last night.

I had a top pilot , he was flying as exactly as I could have asked. Problem was, I couldn't hit shit with my TV missile. It took me 4 straight kills before I managed to hit anything! He never said a word & just kept on flying back up. I think he was called WGGf or something, but I just had to sorry for my shooting. It was a bad day at the office!

Thinking about what I was doing, I have worked out what I was doing wrong, (apart from missing!) but his patience helped me figure it out!
xstax981
Community Modder
+93|6716

PRiMACORD wrote:

If you're gunner gives you mouth kill him via the map boundry.

Gunning = Easy points
Piloting = Real work

Let him know who's boss.
jjrp02
+18|6687|Baton Rouge, LA, USA
the one thing I hate whenever I get in the gunner seat is having a stingy ass pilot who wants all the kills for himself....and starts flying so fast that I have to scramble to get cannon kills....and you can forget about tv shots

I am an okay gunner...I'm not fantastic, but at least I CAN shoot down an enemy chopper with TVs...

but when I pilot...this is my priority list...

1. Keeping us alive
2. Giving gunner best shots
3. assist w/ rockets

and 90% of the time I fly, we die because of a jet, or a hit from behind by TV...It's been a long time since I actually CRASHED....so it really pisses me off whenever a fucking SRAW/ERYX kills me when I'm gunner because he's been just hovering at one spot for too long...

but then again....that's why I don't get in the chopper a lot
wilber69
+8|6673

jjrp02 wrote:

the one thing I hate whenever I get in the gunner seat is having a stingy ass pilot who wants all the kills for himself....and starts flying so fast that I have to scramble to get cannon kills....and you can forget about tv shots

I am an okay gunner...I'm not fantastic, but at least I CAN shoot down an enemy chopper with TVs...

but when I pilot...this is my priority list...

1. Keeping us alive
2. Giving gunner best shots
3. assist w/ rockets

and 90% of the time I fly, we die because of a jet, or a hit from behind by TV...It's been a long time since I actually CRASHED....so it really pisses me off whenever a fucking SRAW/ERYX kills me when I'm gunner because he's been just hovering at one spot for too long...

but then again....that's why I don't get in the chopper a lot
I have to agree. If I'm lucky enough to get a run in the helo, as a pilot I'm not to worried about getting kills, I'll happily leave that to the gunner. I'll only fire if I feel I need to.
XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6669|Tasmania

wilber69 wrote:

Ok, so I thought I'd come back to this thread after playing last night.

I had a top pilot , he was flying as exactly as I could have asked. Problem was, I couldn't hit shit with my TV missile. It took me 4 straight kills before I managed to hit anything! He never said a word & just kept on flying back up. I think he was called WGGf or something, but I just had to sorry for my shooting. It was a bad day at the office!

Thinking about what I was doing, I have worked out what I was doing wrong, (apart from missing!) but his patience helped me figure it out!
I have those days!

When I'm on song I cand hit moving targets (choppers and jeeps) or I can slip one into the lowerbase flag on Kubra.. I LOVE TV MISSILES. And when using the cannon, my recommendation to newcomers is to press f9.

Then there are days when I get in and I miss everything with the TV, the pilot keeps getting shot down and we keep getting the chop as it spawns. Sometimes the pilot will get annoyed and eventually find something else to do but occasionaly I get a good pilot who will keep on flying until I get it right.

And my apologies to all my pilot buddies who've asked me to fly so they can be gunner. I'm a terrible pilot. One day I'll pay you back.
wilber69
+8|6673

All hail those "Jesus I'm shit Days"

Last edited by wilber69 (2006-04-15 07:21:49)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6671|Finland

I suddenly got the urge to post once more on this more or less dead thread, as I received some screenshots from my good friend with me as the pilot and him as the gunner. Just to show what good helo-teamwork can accomplish (on a good day).

Going for Gold & Bronze
https://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9838/screen0025rl.jpg

Lining up for the shot..
https://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9430/screen0016nh.jpg

Last edited by DonFck (2006-05-17 01:45:20)

I need around tree fiddy.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6721|Disaster Free Zone
I mostly fly on sharqi/SF where theres no planes to take me out. Im not the greatest pilot and will never be as i dont fly very often. But dont consider myself bad either, because i can quickly tell if i have a good gunner or not.

My first advice for gunners is make sure you mostly look forward, Its what your pilot is sees and is linning you up for, The extra movement/visability for the gunner allows you to kill people trying to escape or aim at those at the edge of your view, BUT Most of the time look at what your piot is looking at.

Second never just spray, Ive had gunners in the Mi-28 on sharqi that think because the cannon ahs lots of splash dmg or you have to do is randomly spray in semi circles in front of you and more often then not they do nothing but waste my time. Make sure you aim and fire in short bursts to never over heat your gun.

Third, When firing from a moving heli make sure you lead your targets

I was gunning for someone in SF once and (cant remember there name). But for 4 consecutive rounds (untill we lostthe chopper spawn points in ghost town, where i went back to ground pounding)  i was getting kills around 40:2. If you know SF helis the rockets are alot better and the guns alot worse then vanilla helis, But my pilot after awhile gave up using the rockets and flew for me because i knew how to gun, by looking forward, using the minimap and leading my targets. Aswell as targeting stinger/IGLA points and AT guys. The most difficult thing when gunning is the TV on other helis (aircraft harder.... BUT thats only for the best). But with a good pilot this should be basiclly a straight shot with very little ajustment.
slicknic
+145|6666
please ... watch my tutorial.. i made it for people like you ><... its in my sig.

you shouldnt be capping flags... i do feel a gunner should generally look where the pilot is.. as the pilot is usually lining him up.. but its ok to shoot somethin to the side when ur sure its clear infront of you. 

yes.. you need to have an objective.. heres a quick guide

in general take out AA first.. then enemy choppers.. then enemy tanks.. then vehicles then infantry.  .. you can add planes in there somewhere when u feel your good enough.

again... you may learn something if you really watch my video... its why i made it =]
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6671|Finland

slicknic wrote:

please ... watch my tutorial.. i made it for people like you
People like who?
slicknic
+145|6666

DonFck wrote:

slicknic wrote:

please ... watch my tutorial.. i made it for people like you
People like who?
guy who first made this thread... but anyone that is ok in heli
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol
+63|6708|Sydney, Australia
I have no gameplan when i'm piloting. I go where there are less aa sites/vechiles. Im my gunner is usless, i wont line him up very well, if ym pilot takes to long, i'll take the kill for myslef.

If my pilot attampts to capture a base i abuse him in a big way (seriously, have you ever seen an apache helicopter captuing a building in baghdad?), if my pilot dosn't lin me up properly, i abuse him, if my pilot dosn't use his map i abuse him, if my pilot is useless i abuse him. If he is realy bad, i will tk him so he dosn't get the chopper
Slowpinger-GER-
Kermit was here...
+-1|6820|Hamburg
Hmmm......everyone complains about noob gunners?
So why do you take them with you? Fly alone!
I learned it a week ago and since then my KDR is ~ 3-5 in a chopper.
Its so easy to master. For some Reason its much more difficult in EU-Helo (Tiger) Oo

Well, i try it first with the gunner, but if it is useless, i prefer solo-flying. But in a team it is more relaxing....
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol

DonFck wrote:

Cold Fussion wrote:

I have no gameplan when i'm piloting. I go where there are less aa sites/vechiles. Im my gunner is usless, i wont line him up very well, if ym pilot takes to long, i'll take the kill for myslef.

If my pilot attampts to capture a base i abuse him in a big way (seriously, have you ever seen an apache helicopter captuing a building in baghdad?), if my pilot dosn't lin me up properly, i abuse him, if my pilot dosn't use his map i abuse him, if my pilot is useless i abuse him. If he is realy bad, i will tk him so he dosn't get the chopper
Wow.. A true team-player..
They have no business in the chopper if they stink.

Last edited by Cold Fussion (2006-05-17 02:54:22)

slicknic
+145|6666
heh how will they ever learn then.. you sucked at one point... probably still do =x    but i must say as well.. if they are just absolutely terrible... i will tk them the second time around also... its actually beneficial to the team =x

Last edited by slicknic (2006-05-17 02:58:54)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6671|Finland

Cold Fussion wrote:

DonFck wrote:

Cold Fussion wrote:

Wow.. A true team-player..
They have no business in the chopper if they stink.
And they are going to learn to be better... ...how?

And don't say single player or unranked! Because you know as well as I that it's not going to happen. Everyone's going for points, especially the beginners!

Of course it's irritating to have a shitty gunner, but then you just take him sight-seeing and practise your hellfire-skills in the process. Once in a while, line him up for some shots, if he doesn't know how to use the TV-missile, F it, and practise some more on your hellfire-skills. When reloading, try the good ol' "Bail Out". It might not work, but he might not jump in with you once you've died, respawned and found a new chopper.

If your regular gunner is eager to jump in and the shitty one doesn't get it.. Well.. Take him for a ride, make some kills, and once you've died, try to get the next one with your regular.

I have once taken a shitty gunner out of bounds to die. But he was also the teams commander who refused to bail out..

But usually, I just take them along for the trip and my regular gunner does some ground-pounding. If it's the other way around, and my gunner gets in, and I don't, the first thing I do is check if I can steal the enemys chopper/jet, and go after them.

Last edited by DonFck (2006-05-17 03:06:06)

Cold Fussion
72% alcohol

slicknic wrote:

heh how will they ever learn then.. you sucked at one point... probably still do =x    but i must say as well.. if they are just absolutely terrible... i will tk them the second time around also... its actually beneficial to the team =x
Single player? its how i learned. I never flew online untill i was good at it.

http://rapidshare.de/files/16364028/Cut … e.avi.html

A flying movie i made. Watch and i think you'll see i don't suck.
slicknic
+145|6666
i downloaded it but flying around is nice but... i never saw you kill anyone lol ><   
plus you need to underclock your graphics card... thats why its getting all those lines n such =/  it cant handle the voltage its getting

anywho.. i learned through pubbing... so im sure a few pilots had to deal w/ me when i sucked.. and some were noobs themselves.. so i learned and got better.. so i dont really see problem in taking it if u see how they are first
ComradeWho
+50|6735|Southern California
the thing that i can never stress enough and so rarely see anybody else bring up is how important it is for gunners to PRESS F9 immediately after entering the chopper.  pressing F9 (when you're already in first person mode) gets rid of the chopper cockpit graphics and increases what you can see substantially, thus improving your ability to kick ass.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6693
BF2 seriously needs a pilot school, with flying lessons and tests that you have to pass. For me, it was the demo. I'm sick of co-pilots who miss tanks with TV guided missles. JUST POINT AND CLICK DAMNIT! DON'T LOOK AT THE SAME SPOT CONSTANTLY, LOOK AROUND YOU! aaargh.. I'll save you guys the rant
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6599|The real world
Fly alone
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6693

elmo1337 wrote:

Fly alone
I do, although 2x myself would be the best
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
DavidianCox
...from the internet
+60|6697|Birmingham
im affraid im a solo pilot i can do both jobs and i nearly never miss with a tv guided missile. i only ever fly with a gunner if he/she is on ts. its just easier
Darky
Hi..
+71|6602|Here.

jjrp02 wrote:

Same. I'd rather the pilot line me up for a tv, and risk me missing then fly headlong towards it, in which the risk of copping a tank round to the cockpit is higher then me missing.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6668|IRELAND

wilber69 wrote:

If I have a gunner, I concentrate on getting them in a good firing position, keep as steady as possible , cap flags and avoid get shot.
Choppers should only cap flags when its less that 10v10. Other wize choppers should stick to taking out armour and supporting the ground troops. Far more efective than hovering on a flag while an enemy hides on the flag or spending most of the game way up in the air doing TV battles with the other chopper. I avoid the other chopper and let my gunner take swipes with the TV from a distance, its far more effective. Although this all goes out the window if your gunner suxs. A good indication on how your gunner thinks is----
line him up for a TV shot on a tank as soon as. If he TV's it hit or miss, then he will probably turn out ok.
If he starts shotting at it with the cannon he's a noob and your both screwed. This forces the chopper to come in closer to use the rockets and makes it an easy target.

A pilot should be watching his mini map 50% of the time and go after the armour being spotted firstly. From experence I find that people repeatitly spotting the same tank means they have no way of taking it out and are pinned down or the tank is taking a flag. Ive said it before, the mini map is like the mirrors in your car, you should be looking at it every 4-8 seconds so you are totally aware of what is going on arround you. Remember that the chopper isntjust for racking up kills, its for supporting the folks on the ground and winning the game. Choppers dont win games, troops do by capping flags.

If you get a good gunner and pilot together they can own the battlefield.

Last edited by JahManRed (2006-05-17 05:39:50)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard