[CoN]Eraser
+0|6766

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

I cannot enter anything into the server browser or it will come up with no results, and I have to restart my game to see servers again.
This really sucks. It has always been like this. Doesn't anyone wants to search the server for specific keywords?
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6800|Grapevine, TX
I have really enjoyed all the upgrades w/ 1.3, until I had been Commander a few times, and well... I received NO SCORES FOR any ARTY kills ON WAKE ISLAND!!!!!!!!!!! NONE. Period. I was Chinese CMD, and all the little Marine were running around the Carrier deck like they always do, and also the little ARTY Island. I must have taken out 15-20 in three Arty strikes! We won the round 145-0 and my final score was... SEVEN(7)!!!! and I do have Screenshots. Let me know if you have heard about this, too. Thanks.
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6817|Australia

Mr.Magnetichead wrote:

When I normally play BF2 post patch be it on LAN or SP I get a really nice steady FPS of around 60 but the second I try and join an online match it drops right down to 5fps.

I'm running XP and my GC is running the drivers that came with the game. Like I said SP works brilliantly but MP is screwed and unplayable no matter what my ping.

Has anyone else experienced this? Has it been a problem in the past? How can I fix it?
LOL a little weird how ever i suggest you get video drivers from the actual site for your video card, do that. Get direct x again and get network card drivers aswell. if this doesnt fix it make sure it happens on all servers not just one. then cry cause i have no idea what it could be after doing all that.
Force
+0|6801
who knows what happened to my rank?!? i was in a server, got the 3 kills and went to gunnery sargent cause i had 8600 points. i then joined another server, found i still had all my points but was back to private with no unlocks. i also havent got the option to unlock any guns yet after getting the 3 ranks. in BFHQ it says im lance corpral still and i have got 100% of the exp needed, but it wont update. other parts of BFHQ are updating though, such as my kill count and score. wats going on?
Psycho Al
+0|6750
Don't think anyone has brought this one up yet.

Someone way upthread mentioned about having problems spawning on their Squad Leader. Playing with a bunch of friends on a public server yesterday we all noticed the following problems on one map (I don't know the name offhand - it's the one with different landmasses connected by small bridges with a cap point in the very centre of the map, amongst other locations).

Initially my friends were complaining that they couldn't spawn on me or a cap point, and couldn't figure out why. Then when I tried to set orders I was finding my target appearing an inch or so (on my screen) to the right of where I clicked. Later on I had the spawn bug and realised that the same thing was happening - clicking an inch to the left of the cap point selected it, but clicking normally on the dot didn't. That also seemed to solve any problems for friends spawning on me.

Not had this happen prior to 1.03, so I'm guessing it's 1.03's fault.
Doyley
+1|6779|Australia
Well, I can get into the game fine, I can search for servers, and I can select one, but when I go to join the game it says I need to revert back to the original version of Battlefield 2 (and I have chosen servers that have been patched) Can anyone help me? I can't even play atm
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6757

I duno if this is 1.03 related, server overload, or crappy server related , but last night i was playing on a server and got my legion of merit, silver medic, silver sniper badges all in one match... it was GOLD.
but noooo it doesn't register with the server.
I've also noticed a lot of servers are unstable... and bf2 likes to randomly quit on itself when loading maps now.
Ragamuffin
+0|6750|Germany
can anybody use the comm channel during walking? I cant anymore. prior in 1.03 it works

Last edited by Ragamuffin (2005-10-05 03:06:25)

Sharken
+0|6783
IMO the ranking requirement is too low now, at 20000 points you will get all the worthwhile weapons. The reason why ranks were so coveted before, was that you would also get another unlock.
After EA removed this with the lower requirements, there is really no point in getting higher ranks IMO.

I hope EA will think of something else to make getting those new ranks worth your while...
Riot.JumPeR
+0|6753
ok i got one problem is that u dont get count for killing someone with arty now. commander can get easy points now
Stasiek
Pojebany Hlop
+1|6810|Sicily, Italy

Riot.JumPeR wrote:

ok i got one problem is that u dont get count for killing someone with arty now. commander can get easy points now
what? am i missing something or is it because i've been up since 0300?
what the heck are you talking about?
Force
+0|6801
well my stat problem is fixed now, the only problem i have found with the actual game so far is that the commander arty/supply/UAV placing is stuffed alot of the time. i would select a base for a UAV and it would be placed in a river to the right of the base. same thing happened when i tried to arty another base, the arty went to the side of the base killing no-one. i hope this can be fixed soon.
Freelance
+0|6778

tF-afrojap wrote:

I just payed a game with Chuy (squad leader) and was unable to spawn on him twice in a row.

Then, it got better.. I WAS UNABLE TO LEAVE THE SQUAD. Oh joy. Keep an eye out for this and report here if you experience the same. It scares me to think of the other "features" they have added with this patch.
same problem  but this happend before this patch came out

but heres another
it said that if a squad is locked that the squad leader would get the page up page down thing no go.... if this hasn't be said already
Rogness
The English Redneck
+10|6775|Plymouth, England
Didn't see this bug already posted, so...

I was driving an APC up to a flag on Kubra Dam when an enemy AT guy popped out from behind a crate and showed me the contents of his AT gun.  The missile hit me head on, plum centre of my field of vision, and passed straight through me!  No damage to speak of (it would've wasted me).

Then later on, same map, it happened again.

I know the AT's can pass through BH's, but through the front of an APC?  This happened to anyone else?
Psycho Al
+0|6750

Force wrote:

well my stat problem is fixed now, the only problem i have found with the actual game so far is that the commander arty/supply/UAV placing is stuffed alot of the time. i would select a base for a UAV and it would be placed in a river to the right of the base. same thing happened when i tried to arty another base, the arty went to the side of the base killing no-one. i hope this can be fixed soon.
Sounds like the problem (and solution) I mentioned a few posts up. It appears that the map UI is broken for some maps, resulting in clicked locations corresponding to the wrong part of the map. I wonder if it's a side effect from the change to blow the map image up to display as much as possible of the playable area (see the patch notes)...

EDIT - I'm guessing the solution is much easier when it comes to selecting a spawn point or declaring squad objectives because you can click as many times as you wish until you find the right spot.

Last edited by Psycho Al (2005-10-05 07:18:11)

enforcer91
+0|6750
I have just downloaded the new patch it is 175MB when i go to install it, it seems to go super fast, then it says Patch failed, then when i go to fire up the game it doesnt run the game now will not start it comes to black screen then boots me out to windows any ideas or simialr problems ? The only thing i could figure is maybe because i moved the start up videos out of there folder to make a quick start up that might be causing the problem so i moved them back and still nothing??? Im stumped
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6812|Missoula, MT
Sounds like a re-install, enforcer91.  bummer.
SokViChet
+1|6759
I took this patch process very seriously.  Mine went fine, and I went on to play for a couple of hours with no major issues.

You must:
**Restart your computer BEFORE you double click the .exe.  This will free up any files you may have locked / open
**Be patient.  This thing takes a long time, even on my 3ghz Dual Core with a RAID 0 array...  It has to uncompress a lot of stuff I imagine.
**Restart your computer AFTER you are finished installing.  Just do it.

I think maybe I have not played enought with 1.03 to see the issues you are, but it sounds pretty bad...
BrightAsh
+1|6787
Bugs...
-Body's stick in the air when they are shot
-I don't hear drums when i get a ribbon
-I don't get my badges i am supposed to get
[OvC]_AMD_Man
+2|6786|England
Can't even open the game

installed all my games to D:\ and got Windows on C:\

patched fine, but when i click the BF2 .exe the screen goes black for a few secs then the desktop comes back up, no sign of BF2

thing i haven't even tampered with the BF2 folder in anyway

Last edited by [OvC]_AMD_Man (2005-10-05 10:03:37)

<eN>Madcat
+2|6811
a bit laggier for me, The name on top of my teammate was RED and i got punished for killing him!!! i think thats it, only played it for and hour.
Ravlen
+0|6751
I got autoswitched to the other team, while I was a squad leader (of course, not only was I the squad leader, but I was the number 1 player on the server, and there were 2 tickets left). So, that little "fix" they put in the patch didn't work.

Ravlen
tacoturtle
+0|6750|alabama

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

I have really enjoyed all the upgrades w/ 1.3, until I had been Commander a few times, and well... I received NO SCORES FOR any ARTY kills ON WAKE ISLAND!!!!!!!!!!! NONE. Period. I was Chinese CMD, and all the little Marine were running around the Carrier deck like they always do, and also the little ARTY Island. I must have taken out 15-20 in three Arty strikes! We won the round 145-0 and my final score was... SEVEN(7)!!!! and I do have Screenshots. Let me know if you have heard about this, too. Thanks.
I experienced something similar. I must have arty 30 people but only ended up with 6 kills.  I did however receivd 96 points at the end of the round. I did alot of enemy spotting, resupplying and uav upon requests, and some commanding squads but for the most part just acted in a support role.
If they have diminished the number of kills received by arty then I am ok with that since I can't kill that many people during normal combat. If I could I would feel different about it I think. So maybe they are giving more points less kills. I scowered the change files and didnt see anything that mentioned our above scenario. Pm, email me if you find out any news on this.

Other stuff:
1) Commanders no longer accrue a TK when artillery hits teammates.

I wonder if this somehow has effected the enemy kills or is it just restricted now?
savu
+0|6783
it was nice to climb up ladder to ladder(i mean ranking),but now its taken away and every gun is for unlock.good patch but that gun and ranking thing ruins the fun!!i want to earn my rank and guns and stuff...if these ranking things are to stay...dont know...
tacoturtle
+0|6750|alabama

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

My patch wont even start up........wtf......
Make sure when you download the size of the file is at least 170megs. Found two places where I got a 130-140 meg download and did like patton refers to. So before you wait a long time for a download look at the total amount that is to be downloaded first.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard