McCullough
+7|6845

Stoned_Smurfz wrote:

Hey everyone notice how the commander cant be punished for TK's from arty? well the commander also doesnt get a Kill score from arty either! so no more being a class to meet kills in a round for badges
and no more super ubar k/d ratios for commanders
and no more super ubar kill streaks for commanders
Yes this is great but how are we suposed to get points as a commander now
Defensor Ursa
+1|6786
And in the end......................

It's just a game!
^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6806|Long Beach, CA

Locarno wrote:

admin: Post general rants here, post bugs over here

Feel free to post here what you don't like about the new patch.

Personally, i think it would be crap when you're the co-pilot in an attack helicopter, and you're not getting any flag capture assists.

Only 1 player in a vehicle will get credit for or speed up capturing
a flag at a CP. The other passengers must exit the vehicle to increase
the speed of capture or receive capture score.....
I agree with the above.  Choppers become way to vulnerable with out the gunners, i can see the blackhawk/MEC/China chopper only allowing the pilot and 2 gunners CP points but to have a group of 5 get on the ground to speed up the capture is rather asking a lot.  A jeep or vodnick can take down any chopper pretty fast.  It dont make much sense to me.

I love the 1.03 Patch in every way except the new CP pertaining to vehicles.
Ptfo
cmdwedge
More TK's than you can poke a stick at
+5|6817|Canberra, Australia

McCullough wrote:

Stoned_Smurfz wrote:

Hey everyone notice how the commander cant be punished for TK's from arty? well the commander also doesnt get a Kill score from arty either! so no more being a class to meet kills in a round for badges
You never were getting points by dropping arty on the enemy. You'd get 'kills' but not actual points. Now you don't even get kills (this is a wonderful thing!). What you're meants to use it for is to soften up an enemy before your infantry/armor/BH rolls into a flag to cap it, or to take out a pesky Spec Ops who keeps smashing your assets into scrap!

As always, you'll get Commander points by helping your team to capture flags, kill bad guys, etc.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6855|-
Jesus fucking Christ, you people give me a fucking headache. This thread is for rants not flames. All flaming posts have been deleted. View this as a warning that flame wars will NOT be tolerated.

pish - This is your only warning. Clean up your act.

Anymore flaming in this thread will result in a ban.
Hicks
+0|6791|Rolling Hills of England
<rant>
I can't put my finger on it, but something, some spark has dissappeared from the game. I haven't managed to get a single K/D ratio in a round greater than about 0.5 since the patch and I don't know why. One round I had 0 kills 22 deaths. I mean, thats like noob territory.

You just can't get a break unless you're in a helo or plane. Get in a tank, apache flies over, bang bang bang...you're dead. Try it on foot, bang bang bang, you're dead. Of course, I could try the massively improved stingers that now have the accuracy of a volvo estate with a flat tyre and all the damage of a fart; they'll be handy, especially as it takes 14 hours to reload. I'd be better if you could throw rocks.

*pause for breath*

And of course, now theres the keys. I haven't heard anyone else mention this yet, so I don't know if its just me, but now - if I'm moving forward (walking/running or in a tank, etc, which I have mapped to right-mouse), and then I select the score key, or key to enlarge the map - I STOP! Thats handy, look to see who needs help on the map, who needs a medic, where the commander is, etc, mother-b!tches all over my a$$ just wanting to pop a cap in my butt with their super-helo's, and I stop dead like a rabbit in the headlights of an F15. Just kills my move forward key! Hey bad dudes, just kill me now, I can't look at a map and *move* at the same time, just put me out of my misery.

Damn, it all kinda sucks, everything seems worse and I don't know why. Maybe I've just been unlucky and played on some bad maps against some over-zealous teams. Plus its been a crap day at work, that never helps maters.

Ahh, calm.

Now where did I put that CounterStrike disk?

</rant>
Hicks
+0|6791|Rolling Hills of England
Oh, and I didn't even go *near* Wake island.

Thats some kind of joke right? Somebody thought they'd have an island BUILT for camping and watch in laughter as waves upon waves of US troops descend to the bit with the artillery and get picked off my every tank on the map pointing right at you, you're only hope is that SOME APACHE COMES OVER AND DOES YOU FIRST!

I think I have a pain in my chest, thats bad right? And this pain in my left arm?
I can't breath.

unforgiven5150
+0|6786|Phoenix, AZ
Did they make the AT4 less powerful? I launched all I had at a US tank last night and it didn't blow. I guess there could have been an engineer aboard it, but it seemed odd. A couple were dead on broadside hits and a few were right in the rear of it.
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6814
Hmm...the main thing that bothers me is that every player, no matter how bad he actually plays, is having nearly all guns unlocked now. I used to find it special getting killed by the big, mysterious names of DAO-12 etc. ...now it's just lame and boring. EA should've kept the specialty of unlock-guns. I skipped 4 ranks, so I'd have been happy if I only got 1-2 unlocks. And my account-server is going nuts at the moment...I received the veteran supply 3 times in 3 rounds, my freshly absolved command-time does not show up, but the badges do and 4-5 times in rounds I got the requirements to get 2 ribbons...nothing. Reminds me of the time before the first patch came out...PLAIN BS!
Rakasan
+7|6844|California, USA

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Jesus fucking Christ, you people give me a fucking headache. This thread is for rants not flames. All flaming posts have been deleted. View this as a warning that flame wars will NOT be tolerated.
Trigga, sorry about the air force thing.

How come destroying each commander asset is only 1 point?  UAV alone should get more than 1 measly point.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6855|-

Rakasan wrote:

Trigga, sorry about the air force thing.

How come destroying each commander asset is only 1 point?  UAV alone should get more than 1 measly point.
There was actually nothing wrong with that post, but it spawned from a flame war in progress.
pp
+-2|6786
i like all patch 1.03 but.. i hate too easy to keep ranking
I hope in next patch i don't want to easy keep ranking
i think its bad idea .Someone try try and try for keep rank a long time for new gun but now every body can unlock all guns i think now this patch not challenge . All ppl will play this game short time and boring this game in short time too
hmm...  now I am already borring this game because rank system too easy

ps. sorry to word not gramma Eng is not official language.

[url=http://bf2s.com/player/46552039/][img]http://bf2s.com/player/46552039/sig.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://bf2s.com/player/46552039/][img]http://bf2s.com/player/46552039/sig5.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://bf2s.com/player/46552039/][img]http://bf2s.com/player/46552039/sig3.png[/img][/url]

Last edited by pp (2005-10-05 16:51:19)

Velion
+0|6786
I think the 1.03 Patch is very good, it actually makes the game feel more like a FPS and not a MMO. Was really boring "Grinding" through the Lower Ranks. Unlocks shouldn’t be everyone’s concern i'm pretty sure when people pick their first kit its usually the one they play with for a long time, DAO-12 is a good weapon and all but a person who ranked Lance Corp. could get it as well. The Vehicle Capping thing is pretty good with a couple of bugs. The Commander Artillery TK thing is good too if a Commander is using it on you just means vote him out simple since you don’t even need the whole team to vote Yes. They are just making this better for the casual gamers, and yes you will get use to it or quit. Should be played to have fun anyways and you're not being forced to play.

Just my 2 Cents. (If my Grammar sucks so be it)
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6814

Velion wrote:

I think the 1.03 Patch is very good, it actually makes the game feel more like a FPS and not a MMO. Was really boring "Grinding" through the Lower Ranks. Unlocks shouldn’t be everyone’s concern i'm pretty sure when people pick their first kit its usually the one they play with for a long time, DAO-12 is a good weapon and all but a person who ranked Lance Corp. could get it as well. The Vehicle Capping thing is pretty good with a couple of bugs. The Commander Artillery TK thing is good too if a Commander is using it on you just means vote him out simple since you don’t even need the whole team to vote Yes. They are just making this better for the casual gamers, and yes you will get use to it or quit. Should be played to have fun anyways and you're not being forced to play.

Just my 2 Cents. (If my Grammar sucks so be it)
Well...I just think it was fair to give certain ribbons/badges only to people who invested time i.e. If you don't care about the ranks etc., you shouldn't have been bored grinding through the low ranks, as it would be not of your concern (only for the commander application...). For the DAO-thing: If you refer to my previous post, of course I know a LC can get that as an unlock, I just liked the fact that the appearance of the unlocks was rather infrequent and much more of a special thing.
And in my opinion, every FPS should be adapted to the frequent players. But EA chose the opposite...just as some other guys said: That's probably a money issue...
Don't get me wrong, I shurely get your point, but I think EA just took privileges away from better/more frequent players and made a lot of achievements useless.
Ach1lles17
+0|6848|Laguna Beach, California
I'm only having one complaint with the new Ranks system. I have a little over 2,100 points and I'm now at the Corporal rank and only have about 350+ more points until Sergeant but the bar doesn't update on BFHQ.

Is this happening to anyone else? I love the new patch. Squad orders are now easier to follow when your Leader tells you to attack the "Hotel" at Strike at Karkand. Now everybody knows what CP you're talking about. EA has finally delivered, folks. Now only another month until Special Forces.

And I haven't played Wake Island 2007. Is it any good or full of helicopter and tank whores?

Last edited by Ach1lles17 (2005-10-05 19:52:44)

ZZZargo333
+0|6836
well I dont mind getting all (but 1) unlock. what sux is i cant be first seargent because i got basic and veteran knife combat at the same time so the basic knife doesnt register at all. so im stuck at master seargent until they fix this bug! which should have been obvious.

wake sucks its not infantry friendly at alland its WAY too big
Fahrenheit
+0|6786
I worked hard for a couple of weeks to get promoted to corp, had 2 unlocks after installing the patch i like everyone else got promoted 2 or 3 times..cant say im bothered with the other 3 unlocks i got after all you still have to be good enough to use them..whats the point of unlocking the sniper rifle if like me your a crap sniper? as for not being able to keep a chopper in the air for 2 mins (guilty as charged) but then i avoid using them, normally play as gunner. The thing that bothered me the most was the spec opps not getting points for blowing assets up but it never stopped me playing as spec opps..after all its a team game...im more concerned with the fact that it takes 3 to 4 C4 charges to blow a wooden bridge but only 2 to blow an armoured tank?...maybe we should make the tanks out of the same wood!..i also dont think you should get punished if someone is daft enough to drive over plainly visible friendly mines..i know its not always the case but majority of the time its just crazy...easy ranks and unlocks dont make the player!!!
Norseman
+0|6786
Gah! This download is taking like 2 hours! I have a 100+k connection, but BF2 is giving me a 31KB/s connection on this download. It's worse than... oh god, I'm going to be sick... it's worse than a 56K!

Last edited by Norseman (2005-10-06 00:32:41)

Maverick
+0|6786
All they did was take the longevity of this game away. Before u had something to work for for quite a few years. Now they took that away and handed everybody everything. Within a year or two u will get most, if not all, of the medals. I think the game will be old and outdated sooner than later. There isn't anything to work towards. From 50,000 to 200,000 u don't get a single rank? I think they should of stretched it all out between there. Those that worked hard got screwed for it. I was only a corporal at 20,000 points. Now i am a First Sergeant? Got 4 ranks in one nite

It was nice with a new map added, i must say. I like that map quite abit, was fun in BF1942 also

As for the helo's, the old patch was never stat padding. It took teamwork to keep it up and everyone alive. If u didn't have teamwork that thing wasn't effective and dropped out of the sky easy. Most n00bs just didn't know how to take it out of the sky. They just took the buggies and drove off with them as i was gunning at it The other was to C4 the flag and u got easy 5-6 kills. If not, the buggies had a easy time shooting it out of the sky. It made for nice flag defends too.

Atleast the pilot and the gunners should get to turn the flag. The rest should be made to get out. Noone is there to wrench the helo to even it out. Unless they don't care and wrench anyway. It is up to them.

I just have to change up my pub play now. This is a minor adjustment. I found out quick how fast u die now, i thought it was bad before. Way more dyin if u don't watch urself.

My 2 cents

Last edited by Maverick (2005-10-06 01:00:44)

SilentBob
Silent but deadly...
+1|6823|Nellis AFB (Las Vegas, NV)
I'm not sure what it is, but the game went from being pretty dang fun to being...frustration. I'm dying WAY more than I did prior to the patch. What gives?
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6789|The Hague, Holland

SilentBob wrote:

I'm not sure what it is, but the game went from being pretty dang fun to being...frustration. I'm dying WAY more than I did prior to the patch. What gives?
Same here, its a massacre out there. Getting killed way more then before. I think its the unlocked weapons..
McCullough
+7|6845

cmdwedge wrote:

McCullough wrote:

Stoned_Smurfz wrote:

You never were getting points by dropping arty on the enemy. You'd get 'kills' but not actual points. Now you don't even get kills (this is a wonderful thing!). What you're meants to use it for is to soften up an enemy before your infantry/armor/BH rolls into a flag to cap it, or to take out a pesky Spec Ops who keeps smashing your assets into scrap!

As always, you'll get Commander points by helping your team to capture flags, kill bad guys, etc.
Actually you get kills but they dont show in stat board ingame. I played as the Commander, placed arty all over the place adn suddenly drumroll and" You have been awarded with the Veteran AT Award"

I thought this wouldnt be possible with the new patch.

Last edited by McCullough (2005-10-06 03:15:19)

Raxor
Enemy Boat Spotted
+17|6851|United Kingdom
Might as well post a couple of things:

1st. BFHQ not recognising Basic / Vet Badges
Yesterday i was playing commander and i got Veteran and Expert command in the same round. i go to check BFHQ when its updated and on the previous awards it only shows i got the expert, no veteran. So what you might think, but this is also the same case as getting veteran knife / pistol without having basic. What they should do is that if you have a higher badge, you should be awarded the previous awards as well. I only notice it on other sites that show you all the badges, like bf2s used to do. its just an annoyance seeing basic then expert in the same line with no veteran.
Also for the poor people that cannot get the combat infanty medal due to this bug

2nd. Gunners / Passengers not getting capture points
I cant stand the fact that the passenger will not get a capture point and he has to get out to get them. The big disadvantage of this is that in a attack chopper when your taking a point and your gunner can see the AT and whatever else there is to kill you while you, the driver cannot see very well. Easy fix is just allow the points but just slow the flag cap rate down. Or maybe they should have just allowed this in the transport choppers, as having no gunner cant help you from Spec ops trying to blow your tank etc

those are the main points that really annoy me, ill post more later
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6832|Netherlands
i need pistol C4 and knife badge,sinds i never gave anything about those servers that provided those badges to get,like pistol and knife servers,never used them, but now;after patch,   >   4!!! ranks and  4!! unlocks,            but cant go further with points,or next rank  ..... was only 800 points from sergeant and my 3th unlock;now it seems,i can stop trying,beeing a honest noob.    gawd i hate this.
Croak
+11|6812|San Marcos, CA
I played a few rounds as MEC on Mashtur today...it was quite fun not being flag raped by the Blackhawk.  Said hello to many visiting paratroopers who had to get out and get some dirt on their boots to cap.

Then I played some Kubra and FuShe as MEC, and it was nice there as well..even the die-hard hummingbird Cobra flag cappers learned that trying to cap with just one person counting for the cap is now more dangerous, due to a lot more time exposed.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard