DZL-X
+0|6662|Brooklyn, NY
I can't take this anymore. I think there's way too many points between the rank of Gunnery/First Sergeant and Master Gunnery Sergeant. From 20K to 50K is a loooong time! I'm almost up to 40K and it took me a while. It just sucks that I have to wait for 10K more points to open up the new sniper rifle... while "noobs" can get it when they move from Lance Corporal to Corporal. UGh ! Just had to vent.
siciliano732
+202|6683|New York
i agree....im workin towards the same rank....its annoying, when other are like only 10,000-15,000 and yet this one is 30,000.....i dont play too too much so i only have about 30,000 points since early october or late september.....just sucks
dedelus
+4|6688
you should be glad they still dont use the old ranking system.
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6773

DZL-X wrote:

I can't take this anymore. I think there's way too many points between the rank of Gunnery/First Sergeant and Master Gunnery Sergeant. From 20K to 50K is a loooong time! I'm almost up to 40K and it took me a while. It just sucks that I have to wait for 10K more points to open up the new sniper rifle... while "noobs" can get it when they move from Lance Corporal to Corporal. UGh ! Just had to vent.
OH god.  Be thankful you have something to strive for.  Many players are out of ranks to get because they are too low NOOB
arnica
+18|6714|Sydney

DZL-X wrote:

Dude, if the ranking system was that easy to get promoted, it would be much of a challenge would it?
DZL-X
+0|6662|Brooklyn, NY

Sigarms357 wrote:

DZL-X wrote:

OH god.  Be thankful you have something to strive for.  Many players are out of ranks to get because they are too low NOOB
Yea I'm such a noob!!! Anyone who uses the word noob in the wrong context is the noob himself.

I'm talking about unlocks here, not what I strive to get. I'm sure I won't be playing this game till I get like 200K points, I still have school, a job, and a life.

Last edited by DZL-X (2006-04-06 18:49:36)

Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6773

DZL-X wrote:

Sigarms357 wrote:

DZL-X wrote:

Yea I'm such a noob!!! Anyone who uses the word noob in the wrong context is the noob himself.

I'm talking about unlocks here, not what I strive to get. I'm sure I won't be playing this game till I get like 200K points, I still have school, a job, and a life.
No wrong context.  Only noobs complain that they should earn stuff quickly, "like omg, I have to play the game and be good to get the upper ranks, NO FAIR", To which noobs responds with posts like yours or complain to EA for the upper ranks to be obtainable by every joe who plays 2 hours a week.  Other people who have played alot longer, more often, earned to get the ranks you think should be given to you.  AT the same time, those people need incentive to play longer, not noobs who will play 2 months and move on (like you said).  You sir are that noob for wanting that instant gratification.
JimKong
+31|6677|Ohio
I hit 33K points and started playing a new account. All I care about are the medic and sniper unlocks. Maybe the MP7 (since I've never really used it).
Hiei987
+20|6726
Points are now in a very good range going in ascending order. The main problem is the General ranks, they really need to get rid of all expert badges requirement. It's really fun to spend 150 hours sitting in AA/TOW doing nothing to get the rank...
DZL-X
+0|6662|Brooklyn, NY
Right I'm only gunna play for 2 months... I'm pretty good, getting 40K points in 2 months. You just like to say stupid shit. All I'm talking about is one fucking rank. I'm not talkin about other ranks changed. For example, instead of 50K they could have made it 40. So between 20 and 40, its 20K, and the next rank is 60K, so it evens out. Think before you start flaming how I "want to change the whole game, I'm such a noob, I'm gunna complain to EA" bla bla bla stfu
Nabraham
EWWW!!! Thats Nasty!!!
+18|6718|Enon
This is nothing compared to what it used to be. Sergent Major of the Cores was 250,000 I believe at one point. Isnt it like 50k now??
Shadow_OwNz
+88|6687
since i lost my old account with 77k i started a new one and i got like 80k in 3-4 months
Psycho.HuF
+-4|6637|S.Elgin

DZL-X wrote:

You need to shut up, Im at 23K because my game is still screwed up and you dont see me bitching about the length between ranks

Whiney noob
Leonnoe1
+2|6759
"like omg, I have to play the game and have no life and spend all my time playing to get the upper ranks, NO FAIR"
Fixed. Being good has nothing to do with the ranking system. It's all about the time put in.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6773|The Hague, Netherlands

why do you people always want to rank up fast, ok maybe for a cool unlock, but then again ENJOY THE GAME IN THE MEANWHILE
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6773

DZL-X wrote:

Right I'm only gunna play for 2 months... I'm pretty good, getting 40K points in 2 months. You just like to say stupid shit. All I'm talking about is one fucking rank. I'm not talkin about other ranks changed. For example, instead of 50K they could have made it 40. So between 20 and 40, its 20K, and the next rank is 60K, so it evens out. Think before you start flaming how I "want to change the whole game, I'm such a noob, I'm gunna complain to EA" bla bla bla stfu
IF you got 40k in 2 months, then you should be 2 weeks away from your new rank.  Dont be such a whiney impatient noob
G.I.JOE¤MFA¤
+3|6764|Wherever Uncle Sams Needs Me.
https://www.jonathan-grossman.com/stfu.jpg

point system is fine - should have seen it from the begining - then maybe i wouldve ignored this thread...but no you had to bitch and bring the fairys in here to throw pixie dust at eachother and cat fight...

BTW just for those babies fighting about which toy is bigger:
hey kids...its an oldie but still good

https://www.argaste.com/img/arguing_on_the_internet.jpg

for those that havent seen it yet - noobs
DZL-X
+0|6662|Brooklyn, NY

Sigarms357 wrote:

DZL-X wrote:

IF you got 40k in 2 months, then you should be 2 weeks away from your new rank.  Dont be such a whiney impatient noob
You're so slow, I was being sarcastic about the 2 month thing, because that's what you said to me.

Whatever this is fucking pointless, I talk about one rank and you guys make it seem like I want to change the whole system. It just doesn't make sense that there's 30K between one rank, and then only 10K between the next.

END OF GHEY THREAD! WE'RE ALL NOOBS! OMFG L33T!
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6786

Hiei987 wrote:

Points are now in a very good range going in ascending order. The main problem is the General ranks, they really need to get rid of all expert badges requirement. It's really fun to spend 150 hours sitting in AA/TOW doing nothing to get the rank...
True.

-=>cSc<=-*RunDje*cT| wrote:

why do you people always want to rank up fast, ok maybe for a cool unlock, but then again ENJOY THE GAME IN THE MEANWHILE
!

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-04-07 09:32:23)

.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6844|Marathon, Florida Keys
ranks have already been changed 2 times. If requirements are so close togeather, then whats the point of them if you gain the new one so quickly?
Ranks take along time in real life also, example: my uncle was a captain for 10 years.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
<b|k> lukie
+7|6756|Germany
The rank are OK but not very consistent and smooth. Should be something exponential at the end.

The TOW/AA requirements are too high i think. You just get in a TOW when you need it.
Janus67
Tech God
+86|6629|Ohio, USA
yeah, I don't understand some of the requirements (experts etc), but the total points part should be fine and left the way it is.

The only reason I wish the ranks were easier to achieve is to be able to get the new weapons.  With them releasing new games (Start with SF) getting unlocks has made it more difficult for those that are already higher level, picked their unlocks, and now have to wait forever to get one of the better weapons that have been added to the game.
Hyper
Banned
+154|6785

G.I.JOE¤MFA¤ wrote:

http://www.jonathan-grossman.com/stfu.jpg

point system is fine - should have seen it from the begining - then maybe i wouldve ignored this thread...but no you had to bitch and bring the fairys in here to throw pixie dust at eachother and cat fight...

BTW just for those babies fighting about which toy is bigger:
hey kids...its an oldie but still good

http://www.argaste.com/img/arguing_on_the_internet.jpg

for those that havent seen it yet - noobs
youve suceeded in posting pix that are actually OLDER than my grandmas hills
Turtle
+7|6792|Boulder, CO
The only thing that is hard about the ranks now is getting above corporal, the expert badges have insane requirements for hours. Other than that, they have greatly reduced the points between ranks and added several new ranks to make up the difference. The only beef I have with it now is as I stated above. The hour requirements for the expert badges on the vehicles and mounted weapons are outrageous.
DSRTurtle
+56|6720
no the time requirements aren't outrageous.  1510 hours in vehicles, and you get all but the knife and pistol badges in that time.  So about 1600 hours or so to get all of the expert badges if you a descent player. 

I'm going to have trouble with the knife and pistol badges myself.  The rest won't be that hard to get.  I've got the basic knife and pistol badges.  I can get the vet pistol badge as i have 60+ pistol kills now.

I don't like the 30k points from first sgt to sgt maj, and then only 10K to 2nd Lt.  There's a couple of other ranks where it goes from 25K to 15K back to 25K per rank in the officer ranks.  That makes no since to me.

Last edited by DSRTurtle (2006-04-07 16:27:25)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard