Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6600|Washington, DC

Babelfish sucks balls, so I'll translate their thing by myself to the best of my ability

Please, do not annoy us for what we have done. We are the type of people who think that in-game, rankings are meaningless.

With this, we have precisely demonstrated what we mean. I don't really understand why you are annoyed with us. We're from the same 'band' (group of people I'm guessing). If you really think we did it for our benefit, why would we put Sinkope at 16 million points when the others are below 400,000?

If we did want to do this for our benefit, we would have been much more subtle, such as not making such a huge points difference.

Once again, we are all in the same boat. With this we have demonstrated that rankings are not worth or mean shit. We love this game, but EA 'touches our balls' (literal translation, they're tying to say that EA pisses them off) a lot with their shitty expansions we have to pay for. Personally, we think they're a bunch of crooks, with an intent to charge for everything (Euro Force was a joke, we can't believe they charged for it). That's why we decided that we wanted to show them that they do things wrong.

Please, do not hate CEA for this. We don't find ourselves higher than others. We're a new clan and we know we've started off with a bad reputation.

I also want to clarify that we have not used any cheat or hack. We haven't modified the game files or used an external application. We simply found a bug in the game, and have exploited it to show to mock EA.

Finally, we ask for forgiveness from those who we've confused or annoyed tonight. Please, don't hate us, we were simply dicking around with what we discovered and we really do want fair gameplay in our server. Please accept our apologies, you are all welcome to our server.

Thank you.

PS: EA: We don't give two shits if you reset our stats. As long as these bugs aren't fixed, we'll keep making new accounts and giving ourselves massive scores. We at CEA believe you have brought this unto yourselves for trying to milk money out of the consumer, when the original product has major bugs like what we found. We hope that with all the money you make, we'll one day get a free expansion (probably mean content).
CROOKS!

Wow that took a while. But there you go, as close to a perfect translation as it can be, way better than that babelfish crap.
7h3647h32in6
+0|6693
I can't say I hate them. I agree with their points and I commend their ingenuity with the hack. It's only sad they chose this way to exploit it.

A revolution against the tyrants. Guy Fawkes understood, maybe we should too.
Laurie06
+0|6619
Wow that is a good translation i got a headache trying to understand the other translation.
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6746|UK
lol a translation of a translation.
No_Smoking
all your base are belong to us
+35|6666|Sacramento
thanks for the translation Exe. I appreciate it.

Well I cant speak for everyone, but me personally, I take pride in my stats. Not once have a used a cheat/hack or stat padded. Some have different versions of what stat padding is.. so what I mean is, I have not used a teammate/friend to kill over and over to inflate my points/score.

I can understand where they are coming from, and agree for the most part about charging for these expansions (Yes I bought them SF and EU, I also plan on buying AF and probably 2142 if it ever comes out, I'm just a fan of these games). I really shouldnt have to pay for 3 maps and a few new guns but they have to make money somehow. Mappers and texture artists are awesome, it takes skill to do that shit, something I sure as hell cant do..
So yeah, I shouldnt "have to" pay for 3 maps and some guns.. but I will because I enjoy playing the game. I commend the mappers and artists that do such a thankless job.
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6699|Louisiana
Thanks for the translation. I do agree with them to an extent. It really pisses me off that huge bugs in the original code go overlooked while EA continues to put out expansion packs. And for that reason I haven't bought any of them. I feel the best way to protest EA's marketing tactics is to not pay them anymore money. I paid 50 bucks for BF2 already and I'm not spending more to get some new weapons - I do fine with the basic ones. Give me any of the basic assault rifles over an F2000 any day. Plus I'm a poor college student and eating is more important than having new weapons :p

Although I admit I did get access to the SF unlocks because I went to my friend's house and played his copy of SF under my account - which allowed me to unlock SF weapons even though I don't own the expansion pack, and gave me 5 free unlocks.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

PS: EA: We don't give two shits if you reset our stats. As long as these bugs aren't fixed, we'll keep making .
See how they like it when EA blacklist thier server. Or perhaps a hardware ban.

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-04-02 19:20:38)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
+17|6714|Switzerland (Im not swiss tho)
hardware ban? do you mean an IP ban?
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6715

Kmarion wrote:

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

PS: EA: We don't give two shits if you reset our stats. As long as these bugs aren't fixed, we'll keep making .
That is childish to think that will solve the problem.

It will propagate the web if the discoverers choose to release it (if they did get hardware banned and felt no need to buy a new copy). This would force DICE to acknowledge the problem, but create major problems as every noobtard could decide to give themselves 6 billion points with 2 minutes of google searching (like every other fucking game).

Stats are meaningful to those who hold them and only when they know their stats are legit. Otherwise it is just a table of bogus numbers that nobody cares about. In this sense, they expressed the flaw in the correct manner, by over-shooting and making it painfully apparent. They could have slipped themseleves in the top 500 over and over again and only a dilligent searcher would notice. They could then make a new account over and over...but they wanted to show yet another glitch that needs to be dealt with, and they no doubt crapped their pants when they found it and had a good time discovering it. They may have "stat-padded" but they know their account will get wiped - they are saying they aren't doing it for stat-padding purposes.

Their excuses for it, e.g. DICE's flawed releases and troubled content may have some truth, but I hardly feel that is the reason they exploited this flaw. They most likely found the flaw, shat themselves silly, and then made huge scores giggling like school girls the whole time. I give them kudos for that as they did not exploit it to hurt anyone. Unfortunately, they did open a whole bag of worms, and someone is bound to find out how they did it and we will have a fucking mess on our hands. I am not pleased about that, but after all it is a game, and it is flawed and we know it. If they didn't find it, someone else eventually would as in all multiplayer online games. Fair enough, hopefully DICE deals with it properly (not just a bunch of stat wipes and hoping it will go away) and we can move on.

I've said it before and will say it again - the game is good, but it could be so much better if a little more thought went into their initial release, and their patches. Listening to whiners has never helped a gaming community either - look at any other game where developers listen to whiners (D2, FFXI spring to my knowledge) and the almost random nerfing of whatever is in disfavor sets up a slippery slope. From that point on, things get continually nerfed dropping the level of play and changing what everyone is used to, making for even more whiners, making even more chefs in an already crowded kitchen. Change can be good, but with forethough and moderation. DICE has struggled with this and glaring mistakes like not syncing the P90 sound with its increased ROF, especially after a number of failed patches, indicates a lot about the quality of programmers. Worst of all, these are Canadians, and Swedes, who I am quite in favor of their knowledge and ability, Sweden in particular. A sad commentary on an otherwise great game!

/end soapbox

PS as for IP bans - useless, you can release your IP and manually set another, you can swap ethernet cards granting a new MAC address and a new IP immediately, you can release your IP on the same MAC address for 24 hours and chances are you will be assigned a new one (your old one will be re-assigned to someone else on your node). There are many techniques; I'm not sure if there is any effective masking for BF2 though, but anyways it is a poor solution. Unless you're stuck on a static DSL IP this really is only a minor setback. Hardware bans force buying a new copy - a bit more effective as it hits your wallet, but next time they needn't give themselves 16million and stand out so much.

Last edited by [CANADA]_Zenmaster (2006-04-02 20:41:13)

muscleback
+0|6584
I see they have a stong opinion and thats great! but going about it this way is not the answer. Just because a store sells products that are not worthy of the cost doens't mean you steal it just because they have a weak security system. If you have a problem with it make a stand and don't buy it or play it. Rather, promote against it.
[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6731

Kmarion wrote:

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

It doesn't matter, they made their point already.

I honestly knew something was up when he made his score 16 million, the only point to that would be get attention.  His reasons are good to be sure, and I found myself agreeing with them.

Last edited by [Ahazi] Kaika (2006-04-02 20:50:27)

DIEHARDBULLDOG
+0|6630
I think this is yet another example of how this game has gotten out of hand. 

We are putting way too much emphasis on "Stats" and lost of the concept of "Fun."  Stats were much more fun to earn when EA and everyone else didn't whine, moan, and complain about HOW people earn them. It reminds me of playing in the sandbox when I was 3.  I deplore hacks as well as the next BF2 Grunt, but I think in this case: Point Taken.
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6642|Australia
What they did was wrong and stupid and they'll pay the price for it. However they have a point.
Rizen_Ji
+41|6705|200m out and smiling at you.

BF2Craglyeye wrote:

What they did was wrong and stupid and they'll pay the price for it. However they have a point.
they did it out of principle, and if someone or a group of people have the courage to stand up for what they believe in, they deserve some respect. they've earned mine, and if you have any decency or sense of it you'll recognize a feat of standing up for one's principles and give them some respect.
IronFerret
+48|6627|Mexico City.
I agree with them.. EA its a angry for money peace of shit corporation..  (like most), im really pist off because of bf2142...  BF2 its enough like for 3 years why another game?.. its just ridicuoulous.  and the concept its lame.. like a cheap HALO.
Vinny
+7|6745| The Dirtty Dirtty
Well the fact that they did find this its hard to say EA is doing a good job.

I mean come on really how many of you guys would have acctually took the time to find this thing out.

I mean i no a lot of people out there are Dying to find an Exploit like this.

Just like the GreatWall Exploit i mean not as major but people really want to gain points easy.

This goes to show that these people need to be banned and they need to stay away from Games like this if they cant stand it i mean no one Forced them to go buy the Expansions or anything Especially EA they want you to buy it but there not putting a GUN to ur head and make you do it.

Lets just say they need to be Slapped a Few times in the head for a Reality check about Freedom to buy or get what you want.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6715

Vinny wrote:

Well the fact that they did find this its hard to say EA is doing a good job.

I mean come on really how many of you guys would have acctually took the time to find this thing out.

I mean i no a lot of people out there are Dying to find an Exploit like this.

Just like the GreatWall Exploit i mean not as major but people really want to gain points easy.

This goes to show that these people need to be banned and they need to stay away from Games like this if they cant stand it i mean no one Forced them to go buy the Expansions or anything Especially EA they want you to buy it but there not putting a GUN to ur head and make you do it.

Lets just say they need to be Slapped a Few times in the head for a Reality check about Freedom to buy or get what you want.
Wtf? Logic is your friend.
chrise112
+12|6592|Your bathroom
omg my dad wants to know how to do it lol
how i tell him

Last edited by chrise112 (2006-04-02 23:36:18)

Stun_Gun
The Tom Cruise of BF2 pilots
+102|6743|California, US
I agree with the clan. I think it was good they did this point thing cuz as you can tell by all the post on MANY different sites it grabbed our attention.

Euro Force sucks, i even think great walls blows. EA did really good on making plenty of money on BF2 and also made alot on SF, But i think euro and the up coming booster pack should come free, just like when wake 2007 came with a patch.

I dont think we need to keep paying for these little add ons. I think they should come with a patch to keep us playing the game and enjoying it.

Again I agree with this clan on what they did, EA needs to fix these bugs. and im glad this clan showed how this bug can be used and how many points they can make on little time.

I dont think anyone should look at this clan in a bad way, they were simply showing EA. And im sure EA is working on it now.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

[CANADA]_Zenmaster wrote:

That is childish to think that will solve the problem.
Never once did I say this would solve the problem ..eh?
I know it won't . Point being that these guys decided to take it upon themselves to act as if what they had to say was more important than anyone elses opinion. They should be removed. Complain about it like every other whiner does in the EA forums. If EA doesnt listen stop giving them your money. Is that so difficult.

You cant tell me that at least one person wont think twice about using an exploit if they have heard what happens if you get caught.. (Having to buy a new game) For EA not to do something other than a stat whipe opens the doors IMO. Follow the rules or don't play, as childish as my remarks may seem to you I do remember that.

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-04-03 00:10:05)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

7h3647h32in6 wrote:

I can't say I hate them. I agree with their points and I commend their ingenuity with the hack. It's only sad they chose this way to exploit it.

A revolution against the tyrants. Guy Fawkes understood, maybe we should too.
Sad to say, but I agree with them....

Maybe by throwing away the ranking system and just keeping unlocks (for set requirements with each kit, so you have to be a good sniper to get the L96) and the K/D ratio and SPM stats and stuff?

I honestly have never given a flying shit about rank... Badges rock though. Unlocks were a good idea too.

On topic, I think that next time a BF game is released a better quality control system should be introduced.

Oh yeah, don't under any circumstances take this "revolution" business as far as Fawkes did, blowing up DICE is not the solution.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6698|Honolulu, HI

Flecco wrote:

...Oh yeah, don't under any circumstances take this "revolution" business as far as Fawkes did, blowing up DICE is not the solution.
Agreed.  Blowing up EA on the other hand...Can you say "Jihad Jeep"?
No_Smoking
all your base are belong to us
+35|6666|Sacramento
Is it really the programmers fault?
or maybe the beta tester for letting the bugs get through?

I can see it being the programmers fault if the game was brand new and full of bugs.. cause a beta tester can only do so much.. but if its a somewhat older game, and they release patches... does that fall to the beta tester for catching the bugs?

I was a beta tester for vampire the masquerade (yes my real name is in the credits).. so I can speak a little on this subject. when i tested it, it was full of bugs, some small and some huge. at this point I can say it was the programmers fault for making so hard to get rid of so many problems. we never got to the point of releasing the game bug free. time just was not on our side.

I never got the chance to work on it after release for patches and such, so as far as insight into that area, I cant say.. but I would think after time went on and all the programmers and testers worked together to get rid of bugs, the blame would slowly get passed onto the tester for any future problems.

its the programmers game sure.. but his/her job is to code, not test (for the most part). its the testers job to find the bugs and report them.. if they dont do this, how is the programmer to know a problem exists?

I am willing to bet there are less then 5-10 beta testers for each patch, I also think they are not asigned to bf2 round the clock either, but pulled from other projects.. so they wouldnt know the game inside and out like we do.
BVC
+325|6665
Good on them, I say!

And EA should be releasing more free maps, or at least more SF/EF ones....Didn't they release a new map with almost every patch in BF1942?  Hell even if they have some amateur mappers make the maps for them its still new content...

BATTLE OF BRITAIN 2007!!!!

Last edited by Pubic (2006-04-03 00:44:13)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|NÃ¥rvei

Respect ?

U gotta be kidding me, that bunch of spanish smacktards should get their hands cut off.

U simply dont behave like they did, if u find a bug u freakin report it - like we ever gonna get anything for free from any god damn company in the world - who the fuck do u think gives stuff out for free ???

If u are such a cheapshit that u cant afford 9 bucks for a booster then dont bother, but keep your mouth shut.

This game rocks bigtime if u have the sence to do things by your own moral standards - only dipshits take pride in exploiting loopholes and bugs to try and "punish" a major company like this.

Do u really think EA gives a shit bout 2 stinkers exploiting their way to the top ? ..... 2 seconds and they are reset. --- okay, so they`ll do it over and over again ..... what a freakin waste of time.

I do give my regards to all those players that have played and do plays this game to have fun witch i believe was EA and Dice`s original plan from the start.

Of course i have been annoyed from time to time but my general opinion is that this is one the the best games ever made and i will not have it ruined by a bunch of computer-terrorists that feel themselves just to bahave in this manor.

So respect : NO !
Can only feel sorry and hope THEY will learn respect as they grow older.
Wait behind the line ..............................................................

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard