Viper38
+118|6669
Is it my imagination or do many support players not drop ammo bags?

This may seem like a strange observation but after playing several rounds on Sharqi today I noticed that EVERY support class player on my team did not drop ammo bags. As a sniper on that map, or any class for that matter, ammunition can become perilously low. Thus, it is extremely frustrating when you repeatedly ask a player, over your mic, to drop ammo and they simply ignore you and get on with their game.

What makes this trend even more bizarre is that dropping ammo actually earns you some points - it is not a charitable event, you do gain something. Now I admit that several of the players on today’s server were obviously new to the game but when a First Sergeant constantly ignores your requests something is up.

Has anyone else noticed this? I read a similar thread recently about Medics failing to drop their health packs and was wondering if this is part of a more general trend?

Your Puzzled Comrade,

Viper38

Last edited by Viper38 (2006-04-01 17:30:38)

bowdenball
+11|6645|Greenville, SC
not me... i love you snipers as it gives a ton of support points... i think sometimes support can get caught up in a killing spree and not think "big picture"
Viper38
+118|6669
Wish you'd have been playing today ...
evillbill
+-1|6734|West Oz
I drop em like schoolbags...

Kill Assist      901
Heal             550
Revive           795
Support      2,565
Repair           174
Driver           129

The points are like free beer, so sweet...
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6718|Melbourne, Australia
yes many support players are newbies and find it great because of the pkm... and i have to admit .. when i use support i doesent feel like support so much easier to kill .. i myself sumtimes call for ammo.. (no joke)
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6805|Orlando, FL - Age 43
I have to agree, I have seen it quite a bit too. Nothing like being out of ammo and being surrounded by deaf support troops.
MajorRambo6
+2|6641|England
Yeas i undersatand how that could be fustrating, sometimes when i participate as a support i sometimes forget im actually support, but generally i'm pretty good at keeping the supplies following,

BUT............ what really hacks me is, i mostly play medic and you get some guy in front who yells out "I NEED A MEDIC HERE" and runs off, and you chase the idiot all over the map trying to give him health, thats annoying
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6843|Germany / Saxony
Support guys, wich do their job right, are very important to me.
On a map like Sharqi my AK-101 eats ammo without an end...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6628|Tasmania

MajorRambo6 wrote:

Yeas i undersatand how that could be fustrating, sometimes when i participate as a support i sometimes forget im actually support, but generally i'm pretty good at keeping the supplies following,

BUT............ what really hacks me is, i mostly play medic and you get some guy in front who yells out "I NEED A MEDIC HERE" and runs off, and you chase the idiot all over the map trying to give him health, thats annoying
It would be nice to have something like Enemy Territory... there is a command that identifies your soldier type. For bf2 another slot on the commrose could shout "medic here!"
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6843|Germany / Saxony

XstrangerdangerX wrote:

MajorRambo6 wrote:

It would be nice to have something like Enemy Territory... there is a command that identifies your soldier type. For bf2 another slot on the commrose could shout "medic here!"
When you are tossing some Med-Pack your soldier already shouts some clear: "Get first aid, here!"
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
Slink
+17|6696

XstrangerdangerX wrote:

MajorRambo6 wrote:

"Need a Medic!"
"I'm a Medic!"
"Need a Medic!"
"I'm a Medic!"
"Need a Medic!"
"I'm a Medic!"

"I'm a Soldat!"
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

i spam bags like there is no tomorrow
devilcat
+7|6690
I drop em like a bad habit
Kill Assist     2,832   
Heal    1,189   
Revive    3,566   
Support    7,733   
Repair    1,085   
Driver    1,592
Metamort
+19|6683
I try to drop bags whenever I'm near teammates especially when we're capping a flag or something, and whenever i remember to check my minimap for those red circles around people.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

i give ammo to enemy tanks, i admit it.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6645
haha, I saw this today. After I asked for ammo 3 times right infront of the kid I said screw it, shot him dead, took his kit, spammed ammo all over and took my kit back.
Viper38
+118|6669
Nice one Ajax - thats just what I ended up doing but I stuck with the support kit - since I was the ONLY player actually dropping ammo bags I made a lot of points

Last edited by Viper38 (2006-04-03 07:33:04)

Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6735|Salt Lake City

My preferred kits are assult, AT, and medic.  The only reason I've been using the support kit at all is because I get on a round where everyone is support and the only way to survive is to join in the PKM chaos.
XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6628|Tasmania

Eckzack wrote:

XstrangerdangerX wrote:

MajorRambo6 wrote:

When you are tossing some Med-Pack your soldier already shouts some clear: "Get first aid, here!"
Yeah, oops. Forgot that.

Slink wrote:

"Need a Medic!"
"I'm a Medic!"
"Need a Medic!"
"I'm a Medic!"
"Need a Medic!"
"I'm a Medic!"

"I'm a Soldat!"
"I'm a covert oBOOM SPLAT

"Sorry"
"Sorry"
"Sorry"
"Sorry"
"Sorry"
"Sorry"
Ugaminor
+21|6672
I had a buddy playing support and he needed to spam nades to get some baddies off a roof.  He runs out naturally and complains via TS "damn, I'm out of nades..." LOL!  I informed him that he has all the nades he wants... I never new you could blush in BF2
-=S8M=-Phoenix
+45|6792|South Cybertown, Texas
Viper, it must just be the servers your playing on! Most of the time when I play, I see med and ammo packs everywhere!

For me, it not my primary weapon, but I do drop them everywhere when I do play that kit!

Teamwork

Kill Assist  2,121
Heal 486
Revive 392
Support 646
Repair 698
Driver 2,268
Viper38
+118|6669
I suppose thats a fair point - I do tend to play on EA UK servers which, during weekends at least, tend to be populated with idiots
arnica
+18|6679|Sydney

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

haha, I saw this today. After I asked for ammo 3 times right infront of the kid I said screw it, shot him dead, took his kit, spammed ammo all over and took my kit back.
hahahaahahaa ... "you were punished for a team kill" ....

LOL that's gold!!!!
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6696
i had to tk a guy before he notice me spamming running dry, need ammo.
arnica
+18|6679|Sydney
I spam ammo bags like theres no tmr ... its like the damn ammo is weighing me down ... need to off load this metal bits and let you guys have it ./....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard