jantjesmit23
+0|6593
Just found shit message at http://bf2tracker.com/thread.php?threadid=17698

From the dutch site www.battlefield2.nl .

Today EA have confessed made that BF2 and even if its other online game will be paid. This will go approximately on 1 May. EA are already very busy with patch transfer this of course all servers will be also converted to this system. The aim of this is the booster rocket pack make extensions for everyone available this way can the complete community simply on each server play. Because you have already bought your game and EA are not the slechste the singleplayer will remain, however, available. the costs approximately?10, - per month to be and pay by means of creditcard or special prepay play cards which in the computer matter buy will be.

Original message:
http://www.battlefield2.nl/Index.php?id=287

Vandaag heeft EA bekend gemaakt dat BF2 en al haar andere online spellen betaald zullen worden. Dit zal ongeveer op 1 Mei gaan.

EA is al druk bezig met een patch om dit over te zetten natuurlijk zullen alle servers ook omgezet worden naar dit systeem. Het doel hiervan is om de booster pack uitbreidingen voor iedereen beschikbaar te maken zo kan de hele community gewoon op elke server spelen.

Omdat je al je spel gekocht hebt en EA niet de slechste is zal de singleplayer wel beschikbaar blijven.

de kosten zullen ongeveer €10,- per maand zijn en te betalen via creditcard of speciale prepay kaarten die in de computerzaken te koop zullen zijn.

This post has been

Last edited by jantjesmit23 (2006-04-01 08:48:31)

[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6753
lol nice april fool's

Had me going for a bit there
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6643
What are you talking about?

Are you saying ea wants a new fee for something? I understand english my be your second language but your not making much sense.
https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6753

Drunken_Tankdriver wrote:

What are you talking about?

Are you saying ea wants a new fee for something? I understand english my be your second language but your not making much sense.
It's an april fool's, it has to be.  But yes what he was saying was that EA has just announced that you will have to pay a subscription fee for online play, just like an MMO.

The reason this can't be real is because MMOs charge subscriptions to cover server maintenance costs, but EA owns only a few servers, so they don't need to charge subscription fees.  The vast majority of servers are privately owned, by clans or other companies (like Comcast).
Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6657
It's liek past 4pm when you posted that for me, so you suck.
Speelbal
+146|6744|Netherlands
Im dutch and the first post doesn't make sense, even to me.

But it must be fake. Unless EA is willing to go trough all those lawsuits.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6747|The Netherlands
I like it when people play my game
Rosse_modest
+76|6768|Antwerp, Flanders
I'm amazed so many people are taking these obvious april fools battlefield newsbits serious.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6835|Bryan/College Station, TX
You know what's sad. If EA/DICE promised me ongoing patches in a timely manner to fix any and all bugs as well as monthly expansion maps for BF2 as well as better mod support and other interesting addons...
I might consider $10 a month. But everyone month it better be good. Yea it's a fake message but the possibilty is there if they got their act together.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708
yeah nice try... EA cannot make us pay since we already paid for bf2; if they are making us pay... im gonna stick w/ valve games
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD
You scared the shit out of me for a sec.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6747|The Netherlands
there is an update and of course: April's fool

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard