DocMorphine
+0|6774
Im am trying to login and I keep getting this message:

The uniquenick provided is incorrect.

Has anyone had this problem trying to connect to the account server? Nothing has been changed. I know its correct and the password is right.

I get the same response error message if I try to recover account information using the retrieve account option built into BF2. It will however send me my password using the password recovery option. The other nicks that are used in my household are fine it seems just this one is getting this error.

Ea Support has been unsupportive. Wondering if any has had this happen to them and if they were able to resolve it
AnArCkIn
+0|6774|Tamuning,Guam
yeah i got the same message too. i tried ea support but i got no response. so i had to start a new account and start all over again which sucks.
DocMorphine
+0|6774

AnArCkIn wrote:

yeah i got the same message too. i tried ea support but i got no response. so i had to start a new account and start all over again which sucks.
Nice.

I feel very sorry for EA.  There not going to like me very much if I dont here from them soon :-)

Last edited by DocMorphine (2005-10-01 14:43:42)

NiMhurchu
Suicide Operations
+13|6838|Germany
Man, you got to create a new account? How many points did you rack up before? I mean, I can only hope that it doesn't happen too often, imagine all the lost time and points...
DocMorphine
+0|6774
its in my sig :-(  I dont wanna start all over again
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6837|Australia
have you tried recovering your account via the e-mail address you used for it?
and does anyone else know your id and password? may have something to do with you already being logged in?

but thats all i can think of. so if they dont work then abuse ea.

Last edited by Stoned_Smurfz (2005-10-01 17:56:57)

DocMorphine
+0|6774

Stoned_Smurfz wrote:

have you tried recovering your account via the e-mail address you used for it?
and does anyone else know your id and password? may have something to do with you already being logged in?

but thats all i can think of. so if they dont work then abuse ea.
Yep tried that ,no go.  It will send me my password though???  As fars as any one knowing my login or password, no to that too.  Dont think I havent been checking to see if my nick and or PID is on line.  This I must say is complete bullshit, as I hAve seen countless forum posts elsewareabout this very problem.  Hopefully EA will get there head out of thier collective asses and fix the problem. Can you imagine making Sargenty and having this happen?
AnArCkIn
+0|6774|Tamuning,Guam
yeah it totally blows. I had around 12000 points with two unlocked weapons and a few medals and ribbons. And going from the cool g36c back to the weak m4 made me grow a few more gray hairs. i just hope the next patch will fix this problem. I mean ea is not responding to emails i wonder if they will respone to snail mail or phone calls.

Last edited by AnArCkIn (2005-10-02 01:02:18)

Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6799|Lake Constanze, Germany
Ok, i feel sorry for u guys, but please do me a favour next time: use the search.....
it has been discussed some times......
Thx in advance.

Greetz,
Agent
DocMorphine
+0|6774
Sorry agent, I did do a search and didn't find anything.
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6799|Lake Constanze, Germany
@Doc: No deal......here is what i found around here:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=1796

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=1736

Or did u try this one?

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/ph … d=RI8LE*Qh

I can't say much more to this....sry.....

Greetz,
Agent
DocMorphine
+0|6774
Ok I stand corrected my aplogies, And yes I did send a Tech support ticket in to EA, no response.  All Im looking for is a fix.  I tried deleting the account and recovering it, but I get an account is not valid error.  I was able to recover my password form that invalid account though. ????? There must be someone out there tht has either gotten a response from EA or has been able to recover the info themselves?

Last edited by DocMorphine (2005-10-02 06:55:04)

MrSuave
+0|6813
This just happened to me today. I was playing then decided to take a rest and go eat. I come back and it says invalid uniquenick(or w/e).. Im soo pissed and how can it be invalid when u dont even type in your nick, its automatically there wtf?!?!!? I worked long and hard to get 17000 , 2 unlocks and all my badges and medals. Thats bs if I have to start all over again...
DocMorphine
+0|6774

MrSuave wrote:

This just happened to me today. I was playing then decided to take a rest and go eat. I come back and it says invalid uniquenick(or w/e).. Im soo pissed and how can it be invalid when u dont even type in your nick, its automatically there wtf?!?!!? I worked long and hard to get 17000 , 2 unlocks and all my badges and medals. Thats bs if I have to start all over again...
Well hopefully the 1.03 patch when it comes out will resolve this issue...I hope
MrSuave
+0|6813

DocMorphine wrote:

MrSuave wrote:

Well hopefully the 1.03 patch when it comes out will resolve this issue...I hope
I hope so too but im just afraid it might just prevent it from happening and not fix the accounts to the ppl it happened too already

Last edited by MrSuave (2005-10-02 20:04:45)

Zveroboy
+0|6786
I've got the same problem after installing the 1.03 patch.

Bye bye 120 hours of play time and 13,000 points.

I swear, if meet the EA Lead Programmer in the street and I am going to kick him in the balls once for every point I had in my account.
masterkrepta
+0|6771

Zveroboy wrote:

I've got the same problem after installing the 1.03 patch.

Bye bye 120 hours of play time and 13,000 points.

I swear, if meet the EA Lead Programmer in the street and I am going to kick him in the balls once for every point I had in my account.
yeah the same thing happend to me: played for an hour, got email about new patch: dl and installed new patch, ate dinner, and now cant get into it, tried dealting account but now i cant retrieve it because email is in use already and uniquenick is invalid

Does EA give a shit that we payed good money for this game?
Cpt.Willard81
+0|6770
Hello, got the same Problem! 371 hours away, send e-mail to gamespy and EA-Games. Hope they "revive" my Account!
Good luck to my fellows in misery...
Cpt.Willard81
+0|6770
any solutions ????
mikman
+1|6767
This just happend to me as well I now know why it happend, but I do not know how to fix it...

1) when I bought bf2 I tried to regiter my account with mikman I got inalid nick at that time I thought someone had already used my nick. So I tried mikman2 than worked yay!
2) Many hours of gameplay and unlocked weapons later FUN FUN!
3) today I just went to fileplanet.com to download the 1.03 patch and when I logged in it told me I had 2 accounts and I should delete one of them. Strange I though how did I get two accounts associated with my oen email address... guess which one I clicked the delete button beside. You guessed it mikman2
4) Installed the patch, attempted to play the game and now I cannot log in I get The uniquenick provided is incorrect.
5) I cannot recreate I cannot add it I cannot do nothing.  All my unlocks and hours of stats are down the toilet  anyone have any idea what to do?
DocMorphine
+0|6774

mikman wrote:

This just happend to me as well I now know why it happend, but I do not know how to fix it...

1) when I bought bf2 I tried to regiter my account with mikman I got inalid nick at that time I thought someone had already used my nick. So I tried mikman2 than worked yay!
2) Many hours of gameplay and unlocked weapons later FUN FUN!
3) today I just went to fileplanet.com to download the 1.03 patch and when I logged in it told me I had 2 accounts and I should delete one of them. Strange I though how did I get two accounts associated with my oen email address... guess which one I clicked the delete button beside. You guessed it mikman2
4) Installed the patch, attempted to play the game and now I cannot log in I get The uniquenick provided is incorrect.
5) I cannot recreate I cannot add it I cannot do nothing.  All my unlocks and hours of stats are down the toilet  anyone have any idea what to do?
Nope thats why were all here complaing. Waiting on EA and gamespy to get off their collective asses and do something.
MrSuave
+0|6813

DocMorphine wrote:

Nope thats why were all here complaing. Waiting on EA and gamespy to get off their collective asses and do something.
EA and Gamespy wont do anything. I was in another forum and found out that when people contact EA, EA tells them to talk to Gamespay, and Gamespay tells them to talk to EA, etc.. Thus they wont do anything. Also that they get two PID for the same nickname. So the only thing we can do is start over which sucks. I personally am pissed at bf2 and EA. i barely play now and this will be my last EA pc game purchase i will ever get. EA just doesnt care....
mikman
+1|6767

MrSuave wrote:

DocMorphine wrote:

EA and Gamespy wont do anything. I was in another forum and found out that when people contact EA, EA tells them to talk to Gamespay, and Gamespay tells them to talk to EA, etc.. Thus they wont do anything. Also that they get two PID for the same nickname. So the only thing we can do is start over which sucks. I personally am pissed at bf2 and EA. i barely play now and this will be my last EA pc game purchase i will ever get. EA just doesnt care....
UGH! don't tell me that! this really sucks, I feel so ripped off now.  WHY didn't EA and Gamespy work together on this issue?  Obviously EA implented the account thing wrong otherwise we woudl have all just been able to retrieve our existing account in the first place, instead of creating some new account and accidentally deleteing it.  I'm like you probably never buy another EA game! makes me so MAD!
mikman
+1|6767
Well Now I cannot even create a new account I have tried using every email address I own (3) and many variations on my nickname (I even tried a randon string of letters) and 10 different passwords and each time it gives me: "An account name already exisits for that email address/password please try again with a different email address or password"  What the heck can I do now I can't even play!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!  I can't beleive they made such a crappy account manager @#!!@
DocMorphine
+0|6774

mikman wrote:

Well Now I cannot even create a new account I have tried using every email address I own (3) and many variations on my nickname (I even tried a randon string of letters) and 10 different passwords and each time it gives me: "An account name already exisits for that email address/password please try again with a different email address or password"  What the heck can I do now I can't even play!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!  I can't beleive they made such a crappy account manager @#!!@
Did you try retreiving a account from those email address you used?  Have you created gamespyID's with those email addresses? Try that see what happens.  I know how you feel bro Im in the same boat, lost a 9300+ account cuz of those fucktards.

Last edited by DocMorphine (2005-10-09 10:32:26)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard