Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.

Poll

Should EA include female player models.

Yes69%69% - 181
No30%30% - 78
Total: 259
Mr.CobraKai
Member
+3|5227
It aint like that where I am currently residing, nor France, Germany, Japan, South Korea, loads, you guys need to catch up.
http://www.joesautobody.com/liberation4.jpg
I wasn't making any sort of moral or political judgement on whether the U.S. military SHOULD or SHOULDN'T have women in combat.  In fact, I don't think I'm in any way qualified to come to an educated opinion on the matter, so I reserve judgement.  I am merely pointing out the fact of official policy and how it would be a contradiction to have female combat skins in this game.  My post should be taken in the same sense as pointing out that having zombie or space alien characters wouldn't fit the reality that BF2 is trying, as close as possible, to represent.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|5223|South Korea.

imdead wrote:

hahah..is that an L85A1!! that's puny!  Yeah I know, but most of us don't look at the skins, it seems that the pixels of the bodies need to be bigger so you can actually 'see' them, instead of going close-up. But yeah I agree you should 'pick' your skin, whether it be a woman or whatever, it's a game and they didn't want 10yr olds making a nude patch.
Actualy, now you say it, how cool would a custom charecter be, all games have em now...
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|5411
israel has no women in combat roles, they say " we have to take our wars seriously "

I was reading were some babes in Iraq were knocking smelly guys down after a truck convoy was ambushed.

not the jessica girl, this was like 3 months ago.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|5218
in the majority of the world women are not allowed to serve in combat arms.  No infantry, in fact,  I cant think of a country that sends women on the front lines in a offensive role outside of pilots.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|5223|South Korea.

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

in the majority of the world women are not allowed to serve in combat arms.  No infantry, in fact,  I cant think of a country that sends women on the front lines in a offensive role outside of pilots.
In South Korea they have female soldiers right next to the DMZ, meaning if we ever went to war with North Korea, they would be in the front line, I know this from actualy being there, not in war, at the DMZ.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|5418|Bryan/College Station, TX
Well it must have been 3 months cuz this topic has come up again.
So I am going to post the link to the first time I responded to this topic back in August 2005.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=1569#p1569

Enjoy the Skin models.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|5218
are you talking about the ROK army, cant deny the fact that theyre a bunch of bad ass mofos from what I hear from my friends who served in korea.  we had women standing in observation towers too in iraq, right next to the wire and all.  But that is not combat ops, those are garrison duties.  The only time I seen a women outside the wire with us was when we had to to do a cordon and search and we brought two female soldiers with us to search females.  One time the enitre year i was in Iraq.  Look at the different mos's for the USMC for example in BF2.  all combat arms occupations that women are not allowed (including combat medic).  if we had female skins in the game it wouldnt be realistic.
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|5318|Malaga, EspaƱa
look EA didnt put in female skins, ea isnt going to put female skins it, reason is very simple Women do not belong in combat. its a cruel fact , its actually a bit of our human nature
we Male always want to be the strongest. if a women is stronger then the male, we males feel offended, we are to protect and the female just has to show us that they appreciate what we're doing
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|5223|South Korea.
That's Ghost Recon, my dad has it, but I want it in BF2
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|5218
in the U.S. army there are medical reasons supposedly why women arent allowed in combat arms.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|5418|Bryan/College Station, TX

Citizen One wrote:

That's Ghost Recon, my dad has it, but I want it in BF2
Yes I know but what I was showing with those screenshots is that it can be done and they would looks very similar to this most likely. Also smaller in scale.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|5264|Tampa Bay Florida
I don't know about all of you, but I would kind of hesitate to shoot at a female soldier in the game.  Well, I don't know if I would hesitate, but it'd just feel kind of weird, you know?

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-03-30 09:39:48)

Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|5253|Broadlands, VA
I am married to a Gamer Grrrl, and she is frustrated as hell that there are not more female oriented games or games with a female option.  She loved SYberia because it was BUILT as a female POV game.

So, yes, it would be great.  It should be doable to customize models to sex & race, but that's about it.  There are games that let you go as far hair color, eye color and skin tone, but htat would be vrey difficult.

As far as what armies to in real life - who cares?  It's a GAME.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|5269|Howell, Mi USA

Kaosdad008 wrote:

I am married to a Gamer Grrrl, and she is frustrated as hell that there are not more female oriented games or games with a female option.  She loved SYberia because it was BUILT as a female POV game.

So, yes, it would be great.  It should be doable to customize models to sex & race, but that's about it.  There are games that let you go as far hair color, eye color and skin tone, but htat would be vrey difficult.

As far as what armies to in real life - who cares?  It's a GAME.
If u want to get that detailed, play the Sims 2

I want to see Customizable weapons!!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|5218

Kaosdad008 wrote:

I am married to a Gamer Grrrl, and she is frustrated as hell that there are not more female oriented games or games with a female option.  She loved SYberia because it was BUILT as a female POV game.

So, yes, it would be great.  It should be doable to customize models to sex & race, but that's about it.  There are games that let you go as far hair color, eye color and skin tone, but htat would be vrey difficult.

As far as what armies to in real life - who cares?  It's a GAME.
one of the reason, I think, people play battlefield 2 is because of its "realism".  If we had female soldiers in the game that just wont in tune with reality
KtotheIMMY
Member
+513|5338
In my opinion it would be awkward and distracting if BF2 had female player models. I prefer to play this game with some form of gender-anonymity. Obviously if someone takes the time to read my screename they might realize that I'm a chick, but I don't expect that and I really don't care.

If you're wondering where I'm coming from with this, I'm female and spent some time in the U.S. Army.
F.Rabshaw
Member
+37|5256
Women dont fight on the front line. Its illegal. Why does everyone believe otherwise? Oh yes, you're the same person who quoted 2pac. Congrats again.
VidSicious
Member
+25|5348
They should make a new kit called the "Designer".  You would get a credit card, a purse, shopping bag, sub-machine gun, and 4 compact cases.

All city maps would have many of the useless buildings converted into stores.  Stores can only be entered by the Designer class.

Credit card = holds 3 charges.  Used to buy clothing kits at stores.   Each store would have tables representing sales of clothing kits representing the other classes.  Only 3 purchases can be "out" at a time.   The designer uses her 3 purchases to change the look of another player by running up to them and tossing out a bag.  If the other player runs over the Designers bag, that player changes into the new kit.  So for example, a player might be running along killing enemies as an assault player when a Designer runs up to him, tosses a bag at the player, and {poof} he changes into a special ops with a stylish beret.  Of course the Designer automatically yells when tossing out a bag: "I simply love those pumps!"

Purse = main weapon of the Designer.  Does 20 points damage per swing to all classes except another Designer, which does 40 points damage when in a catfight.

Shopping bag = used to hold purchases PLUS can be used to pick up mines, c4, and claymores at which point they become useless.  A Designer who specializes in cleaning up the battlefield could be referred to as a "housewife" or a "baglady".

Sub-machine gun =  Just for looks.  The Designer would not want to break a nail shooting a real gun.

Compact Cases = Total of 4.  These can be thrown at which point they will explode in a shower of blue eye shadow powder, blinding enemies.  Equivilent to smoke nades and used by the Designer to safely cross the street to get to a store. 

The Designer would be a very strategic part of the game.  The Designer would have to monitor fashions and the changing pace of the game to determine which kits she wants to give a "make over" to.   For example, Designers could be quite effective if enemy tanks roll in and the Designer starts changing everyone into AT guys and turn the tide in the game.  The Designer would actually become more important as the game progresses, because when your team's points hit the half way mark, all clothing goes on sale and becomes "half off".  Designers are then able to purchase twice as much and can hold 6 charges on the credit card.  At 75% of the team points, there is a major clearance sale and they can buy up to 8 clothing kits at a time.  The Designer could really impact the game by changing huge numbers of teammates into desperately needed kits depending on the situation.  The Designer needs to use her fashion sense be a sophisticated shopper when choosing which clothing kits to buy at any one time.  Buying a bunch of sniper kits at the end of a round might not be a smart as buying medic kits when preventing ticket loss is critical.

I see the Designer role as a strategic role on par with the Commander.  In fact, the Designer chick is the one they refer to when they say "behind every great man is a woman."  That being the case, I think that the Designer should have their own communcations button linked directly to the Commander so they can coordinate fashions and she can nag him when ever possible.

-Vid
slidero
points
+31|5350
I don't really see why it matters
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|5310|Houston, TX
In full gear you can't tell a guy from a girl anyways. Besides the hair. If they ever decided to put new models in I would never noticed. I don't look at 'em long enough. To busy pluggin' them with lead.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|5221|Peoria
I think the Idea is alright, albeit my anti violence against women platform.

However

Do you really wanna give more fodder to Jack Thopmson?
deject
Got His War On
+37|5348|Golden, CO
I say yes, but only if the player themselves are female.  It would have to be tied into their account to make it work, but I'd hate seeing everyone start using the female model just because it has tits.  I don't want to see some dumbass 14 year old dude running around as a chick.
Chowley
Member
+1|5260|Ireland
They should add cheerleaders tbh
Chowley
Member
+1|5260|Ireland

Citizen One wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

in the majority of the world women are not allowed to serve in combat arms.  No infantry, in fact,  I cant think of a country that sends women on the front lines in a offensive role outside of pilots.
In South Korea they have female soldiers right next to the DMZ, meaning if we ever went to war with North Korea, they would be in the front line, I know this from actualy being there, not in war, at the DMZ.
Whats DMZ ?
oberst_enzian
Member
+234|5317|melb.au

Kaosdad008 wrote:

As far as what armies to in real life - who cares?  It's a GAME.
exactly. every argument so far (which is to say, anything that comes close to being an argument instead of just adolescent anxiety, or general misogyny) does nothing except promote the idea that women should not be able to represent themselves as women in a video game. the content is irrelevant. how you feel about shooting 'female shaped pixels' is irrelevant. however you try to justify it, its just about keeping 'femaleness' out of a video game, which is in itself a kind of philosophical homosexuality. this kind of homogeneity just keeps games in the ghetto of arrested development, and leads to the same shit being pumped out year after year, aimed at males aged 10-25, with very few interesting/engaging experiences to be had, by either sex.

Chowley wrote:

Whats DMZ ?
a disputed, demilitatised zone, where neither country can place troops or it's considered an act of war, i think. so they pile them all up on the edges instead.

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2006-03-30 13:55:33)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2020 Jeff Minard