rombaft
+0|6726|belgium
I find claymores the biggest plague in the game , making FF off possible was the biggest mistake DICE made , they should of know the players would abuse those nasty things like hell, may guys just run around with the claymores, and just pick the sniper kit for the claymores, not for the sniper rifle like it's ment to be
Canadianinvasion
.:The D€S€RŦ ]V[ǾŲ∩Ŧ€€:.
+6|6645|Behind you with my knife

bingobones wrote:

seems like most of u are noobs - as a sniper you get 2 claymores - so 2 can be deployed at a time - if u manage to get more ammo and deploy another claymore - the first one disappears...

so u get annoyed by claymores?! so what?! we all do!

maybe ea should ban grenades? cos they r annoying too!

tankstoo?

planes?

chopperS?

LOL NOOBS
not true, ive killed other snipers numerous times after 1.21 and I have deployed 4 claymores on the map
bingobones
+6|6727|London, UK

Canadianinvasion wrote:

bingobones wrote:

seems like most of u are noobs - as a sniper you get 2 claymores - so 2 can be deployed at a time - if u manage to get more ammo and deploy another claymore - the first one disappears...

so u get annoyed by claymores?! so what?! we all do!

maybe ea should ban grenades? cos they r annoying too!

tankstoo?

planes?

chopperS?

LOL NOOBS
not true, ive killed other snipers numerous times after 1.21 and I have deployed 4 claymores on the map
yes but the first 2 will disappear after a while
Kontrolfreq
+50|6606|Cambridge UK
Well I still like the every kit can disarm Claymores idea. A longish lead time to make it both realistic and still worth putting clays down - You're going to be a sitting duck laying prone next to a claymore for 4 seconds or more, so would need cover. Obviously disarming them from the front isn't going to work though, in which case a nade (or two?) could do the job instead.

I think the blast radius is good as it is, any smaller and there'd be no benefit to disarming them instead of detonating them.

There's no way limiting their placement will work though...
[zulu]steviep831
+6|6635|Florida

rombaft wrote:

I find claymores the biggest plague in the game , making FF off possible was the biggest mistake DICE made , they should of know the players would abuse those nasty things like hell, may guys just run around with the claymores, and just pick the sniper kit for the claymores, not for the sniper rifle like it's ment to be
I would disagree with that last statement. I can't see how being able to deploy two clays at a time would be more powerful than any other kit in the game. If a sniper pulls out a clay, I'm positive I can take him out before he deploys it. Perhaps a "fix" would be longer deploy time?
rombaft
+0|6726|belgium

[zulu]steviep831 wrote:

rombaft wrote:

I would disagree with that last statement. I can't see how being able to deploy two clays at a time would be more powerful than any other kit in the game. If a sniper pulls out a clay, I'm positive I can take him out before he deploys it. Perhaps a "fix" would be longer deploy time?
on maps like karkand,warlord and ghost town , two claymores will give you more kills then your sniper rifle, and certainly the abusers of them, because they have no skill and a claymore is the only weapon who doesn't require any skill , also they put claymores, wait untill they see they have made a kill with it,and in tight area's it's full with ammo bags, so they reload and put them again
bingobones
+6|6727|London, UK
so just avoid them, get another flag, get in a vehicle, be an engy, change server / map etc, etc, etc stop complaining and enjoy the game
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6651|South Korea.
https://picsforlue.tripod.com/pics/Thread_Has_Been_Hijacked.jpg
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6849|"Frisco"

-fe.lep- wrote:

Insert lots of moaning about claymores
Seriously, get over it. I DO NOT find claymores to be quite the scourge of BF2 as you do, and I highly doubt EA/DICE is going to change it now.

1. Sniper is a weak class to start with, take away their claymores and they're just stupid.
A "sniper" rifle that needs two hits to kill -- thanks. A shitty pistol, standard issue grenades, a distinctly "i'm weak, shoot me" outfit, and no body armor. No, I think the snipers could use a little help.

2. Medic reviving DOES work, and it works extremely well.
Apparently the people you've been working with (the medics that get hit by this magical second "waiting for medic" claymore) are idiots. I'm not going to go into tactics here because it's pointless, but suffice it to say it's quite possible, and plainly very simple to execute this method of entry.

3. Claymores ARE tools of war!
Complaining that people are using claymores as an offensive measure is like crying that mines shouldn't be placed under enemy tanks. That's just loads of crazy. Why shouldn't they be offensive?

Finally, it's not ruining the game. Really. It's not. If I had to make a big 'list-o-complaint' about things I'd want changed in BF2, I don't think that would ever make my list. (Nor would it make the list for the 5 people I play with on a highly regular basis.)

As a side note: were you having, like, fits of rage during during 1.12 when I was sitting at the sharqi TV station with FIVE claymores out? I bet.

Note #2, I do agree that claymores, if you're smart enough to spot them, should be hand grenade detonate able, I also agree that they should go off for friendlies. Two very, very stupid changes.
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6754

chuyskywalker wrote:

-fe.lep- wrote:

Seriously, get over it. I DO NOT find claymores to be quite the scourge of BF2 as you do, and I highly doubt EA/DICE is going to change it now.

1. Sniper is a weak class to start with, take away their claymores and they're just stupid.
A "sniper" rifle that needs two hits to kill -- thanks. A shitty pistol, standard issue grenades, a distinctly "i'm weak, shoot me" outfit, and no body armor. No, I think the snipers could use a little help.

Apparently the people you've been working with (the medics that get hit by this magical second "waiting for medic" claymore) are idiots. I'm not going to go into tactics here because it's pointless, but suffice it to say it's quite possible, and plainly very simple to execute this method of entry.

Complaining that people are using claymores as an offensive measure is like crying that mines shouldn't be placed under enemy tanks. That's just loads of crazy. Why shouldn't they be offensive?

Finally, it's not ruining the game. Really. It's not. If I had to make a big 'list-o-complaint' about things I'd want changed in BF2, I don't think that would ever make my list. (Nor would it make the list for the 5 people I play with on a highly regular basis.)

As a side note: were you having, like, fits of rage during during 1.12 when I was sitting at the sharqi TV station with FIVE claymores out? I bet.

Note #2, I do agree that claymores, if you're smart enough to spot them, should be hand grenade detonate able, I also agree that they should go off for friendlies. Two very, very stupid changes.
Amen Brother....
Kontrolfreq
+50|6606|Cambridge UK

rombaft wrote:

on maps like karkand,warlord and ghost town , two claymores will give you more kills then your sniper rifle,
What, you mean.... 2 kills?

rombaft wrote:

because they have no skill and a claymore is the only weapon who doesn't require any skill ,
It takes no skill to set a clay in a busy area, under fire, with organised support resupplies. Yea, Right. How are they any less skill-oriented than AT mines?

rombaft wrote:

also they put claymores, wait untill they see they have made a kill with it,and in tight area's it's full with ammo bags, so they reload and put them again
Well SORRY, if people didn't keep running into them we wouldn't HAVE to keep laying them! lol.
rombaft
+0|6726|belgium

Kontrolfreq wrote:

rombaft wrote:

on maps like karkand,warlord and ghost town , two claymores will give you more kills then your sniper rifle,
What, you mean.... 2 kills?

rombaft wrote:

because they have no skill and a claymore is the only weapon who doesn't require any skill ,
It takes no skill to set a clay in a busy area, under fire, with organised support resupplies. Yea, Right. How are they any less skill-oriented than AT mines?

rombaft wrote:

also they put claymores, wait untill they see they have made a kill with it,and in tight area's it's full with ammo bags, so they reload and put them again
Well SORRY, if people didn't keep running into them we wouldn't HAVE to keep laying them! lol.
the spash damage from claymores is so big, it mostly takes out more then one guy a claymore

and no, placing claymores doesn't require skill , how hard is : take a claymore, run to an alley or whatever the enemy will pass, place it there, look if you find an ammo bag, take it and place the caly again when you got a kill ?

and what is organised support resuplies, don't make a fool out of yourself, everybody knows supports just drop there bags everywhere around , trowing at everybody they see, ...  waht is so organised about that ?
bingobones
+6|6727|London, UK

chuyskywalker wrote:

-fe.lep- wrote:

nice work totally agree - LMAO at the bit about tv station - i had much fun too there with 5 claymores!!!
Kontrolfreq
+50|6606|Cambridge UK

rombaft wrote:

the spash damage from claymores is so big, it mostly takes out more then one guy a claymore

and no, placing claymores doesn't require skill , how hard is : take a claymore, run to an alley or whatever the enemy will pass, place it there, look if you find an ammo bag, take it and place the caly again when you got a kill ?

and what is organised support resuplies, don't make a fool out of yourself, everybody knows supports just drop there bags everywhere around , trowing at everybody they see, ...  waht is so organised about that ?
Point 1- Yea, maybe.

Point 2 - I assume that applies to AT mines too? And at any rate the amount of skill it takes is not the issue.

Point 3 - You're obviously not playing with very fucused support players.
senor_fulff
+25|6761|Yorkshire, UK.
AT mines don't have a habit of blowing if you look at them for 5 seconds though do they?
Kontrolfreq
+50|6606|Cambridge UK
Do Claymores? They are motion detecting on one side, so they would if you are close enough...
[zulu]steviep831
+6|6635|Florida

rombaft wrote:

[zulu]steviep831 wrote:

rombaft wrote:

on maps like karkand,warlord and ghost town , two claymores will give you more kills then your sniper rifle, and certainly the abusers of them, because they have no skill and a claymore is the only weapon who doesn't require any skill , also they put claymores, wait untill they see they have made a kill with it,and in tight area's it's full with ammo bags, so they reload and put them again
Doubt it, but whatever. Hey look! I can make up a statistic too. I can kill more guys with my defibrilator than an AT with rocket launcher.

Yes, the claymore has some splash damage, but so does the cannon of any APC and really how much skill does it take to drive one of those things? If you're argument is that, there is no way to disarm a clay, then I would say, "ok, you're making a valid argument" and I would counter with, "Well you know that engineers can disarm clays, right?" You would say, "Who wants to be a gay engineer?" Then I would say, "Each kit has it's purpose in the game. If you dont want to be an engineer than I'm certain you can find someone else who does and ask them to join your squad." Then you would say, "Wow, I got owned."
-fe.lep-
+8|6704

chuyskywalker wrote:

First of all, if you read my posts on page 4 which I doubt you have, you will see that the examples that I give are mostly specific to special forces and the adverse impact the controls of the weapons are having there. I would have to point out that your special forces play time seems to be limited and I would have to question if you have even been on the maps we are discussing since the advent of 1.22. If this is the case then for you to suggest that "claymores are not the scourge of battlefield" would be correct and honest. When u play most maps on battlefield 2 they are nothing more than an inconvenience, unless used in vast numbers, after all, how annoying is a claymore when you are in an f-16? This does not however change the fact that in a number of situations ,for example the start of Karkand, The television station on Sharqi peninsula etc. etc. they effect gameplay to a much higher degree than the PKM, C4 or Nade Launchers ever did. The previous weapons required that the player retain some control in aiming or detonation the claymore does not, if you killed the player controlling the other weapons they were then taken out of the equation. With the claymore retaining the ability the kill even after the "planter" is dead there is an obvious inbalance. This is a situation that clearly requires rectification and action from E.A. would not be without precedent.

To address this point in the second paragragh (The nightflight example) I will use material I have previously pasted and just changed a little , I would also point to your playtime again and me having already addressed this issue on a number of other posts previously which you seem to have not read. I would also point to you calling the people on public servers, who have died trying to revive fellow team members in the following examples as idiots, Its those "idiots" that visit your site and keep your hits per day what it is. Anyhow :

Medic reviving DOES NOT WORK on the palace 2nd floor and 3rd floor on public servers. Are you seriously suggesting that public players, not on teamspeak, are capable of attacking in the co-ordinated manner as you describe while the entire opposing team is pinned down on one flag point? There are 3 doorways into the area, all of them when this situation arises will be double claymored, now your suggesting while there are 12 people in that room waiting for the enemy and periodically grenading the hell out of the corridor while spamming with PKM's, you and your frend the medic are going to go running up to the door, your going to detonate the claymore, hes going to revive you while not being killed by the other claymore and the other people in the room are going to watch in total awe at your ownage tactic? I would suggest that you will get your asses blown off and the mines replaced in seconds, even if there was 4 or 6 of players doing the same thing and you did succeed 90% of the time they will get shot and the mines replaced. Your successful assault in this manner would be one of the few I have seen and I have played the map 150 times.

Secondly the nightflight example, every single point on the map holds the same problems on it that the palace does, this means not just one massacre of your team by claymores, but every single point they take will result in this. like I said in a previous post, I have seen 10 and more claymores sitting on points in nightflight making the game unplayable with any level of fairness as it requires team members to be used as minesweepers, Im not saying the points "cant" be taken but to do so would be a Pyrrhic victory.

We are here to play the game to win are we not? Is this form of mine laying, without any form of diffusal other than ineffective suicide, not "adversely effecting game play" enough to be considered for a change? You answer my question further down yourself......

Complaining that people are using claymores as an offensive measure is like crying that mines shouldn't be placed under enemy tanks.
No its not, its not even close,  please explain to me how laying mines under enemy tanks makes flag capture an impossibility, extends the map further than it should have been played by up to ten minutes, gives the players on the loosing team supply and sniperkills that are undeserved and generally pisses an entire team off usually resulting in a massive flame war?

AGAIN as I already stated, I dont run into the areas that are now "virtually offlimits" to get myself killed, while you were noobing around with your 5 claymores for the odd kill, I would have been off getting a hell of a lot more points elsewhere. Try looking for explosive golds on players stats. ops, I guess I have that one too. There were always people using claymores. After the 1.22 patch, the migration of people to the sniper class for easy kills just means theres a whole lot more of them. That brings me to the reasons for my original post.

So finally after all this, you get to the point I have made on 10 + occasions on this thread over the last couple of days. They need to be made diffusable and have teamdamage ON by default. Good job mate. So I guess if you think that, I think that and a whole hell of a lot of people agree, that your opening statement about E.A. and changes to the claymore were, erm....

Lets just hope E.A. see it the same way.

Ah well, its Friday, beer night, gl and hf

o/

Last edited by -fe.lep- (2006-03-31 11:52:38)

Sheep of War
+40|6645
I'm sure this has already been mentioned, buI think the answer here is plain and simple. Make them destructable with grenades!!! Every explosive should be destructable. C4, Mines, and claymores. I understand the reasons for turning off friendly fire with explosives but they should not be a garunteed kill
Azadar
+0|6604
after months of lurking I register just to laugh at this fool. There are no stupid questions, only stupid people..

Aside from all the simple tactics mentioned above with medic, ziplines ( he mentions he is only peeved at SF maps, yet only SF maps have the tools to get around quickly like grapples and ziplines )  and AT rockets etc, why not play on a server where the friendly fire option is on ? I lay claymores for defense, as the servers I play on with 1.22 patch all blow friendlies away as easily as enemies.

And what was your team doing whilst you were so stumped looking at all those claymores ? If this was the last flag, then sit there and spawnrape them as they come out.  More points for you, none for them. If it wasn't , go cap the other flags. Shouldn't be hard to kill 6 snipers with your favourite grenade launcher on your way somewhere. Then the claymores are gone.
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6737|Houston, TX
Anything that henders the opponents ability to to progress, cap, kill, move, fly, drive, use, ect is fair game. Bottom line. If a claymore keeps you from a flag then it's doing it's job. If an engineer is camping a non cap flag. placing mines on a tank spawn point then kudos to him for crippling their armor support. If the US team runs up and camps all the hotel spawn points forcing the other team to spawn a flag back then they are doing their job.

All these complaint thread though, about different topics, are basically the same. "I hate this or that because it makes me have to do something I don't like. I makes me change my stategy, I have to learn something new, blah blah blah! Boo Hoo. It is a game just have fun. I on't see how poeple can get so offended and, longwinded over it. Everyone plays to have fun. At least I do.

this is regarding the post in gereral, no one imparticular. Don't wanna get anyones panties in a bunch.

I agree the claymore should be diffusable but, only by engineers and snipers. They should also not be armed after the deployers death. I already posted an easy fix but, not like EA reads our post.

I can give a reasonable strategy for any situation. Don't see why some people have trouble figuring these things out. Maybe I watch to much of the "Military Channel" lol.

typo

Last edited by staticblue (2006-03-31 14:08:18)

Zanzura
Shallow and Pedantic
+2|6673|Toronto, Ontario, Canada
If an entire team was pinned down on either floor of the palace and all entry points have been spammed with claymores, I would just drive them back, force them to sit in their small room, and spam grenades. Spam the nades from the corridor and balcony. If you can't capture, kill them as fast as possible. You don't have to capture that flag. You can just kill em and drop their tickets to 0. Tear gas helps as well, as it both hinders their vision, and anyone that doesn't have their mask on, is fucked.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6646|Malibu
Alright, I am a sniper.
I personally think the claymore exploit (running into enemy fire and placing a mine expecting a kill or two just before dying) needs to be fixed. I forgot the guy's name but someone said about extending the time that takes claymores to be deployed would solve a lot of problem.
Claymore should be used as a defensive measure not a suicide attack measure.
However, I disagree with the idea of making claymores go away completely unless E.A makes my rifle one hit kill on torso. Or slow down or mes up the aim of the enemy which is shot by the sniper rifle.
Unless that happens claymores should stay. Just extend the time of deployment.
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6737|Houston, TX

Zanzura wrote:

If an entire team was pinned down on either floor of the palace and all entry points have been spammed with claymores, I would just drive them back, force them to sit in their small room, and spam grenades. Spam the nades from the corridor and balcony. If you can't capture, kill them as fast as possible. You don't have to capture that flag. You can just kill em and drop their tickets to 0. Tear gas helps as well, as it both hinders their vision, and anyone that doesn't have their mask on, is fucked.
My suggestion to that situation is to put your head between your legs and kiss your...well I sure you all know the rest, hehe. Seriously though. If your decent with the grappling hook you can get out the back window then sneak around to an empty flag too. Spawn med and jump off the balcony works. The problem with those situations is everyone is thinking defense and, making no effort to get out. Usually acting like lemmings and, running to the same place over and over dying the same way.  There is always a way. Spamming gas would probably be the most fun though.
-fe.lep-
+8|6704

Azadar wrote:

after months of lurking I register just to laugh at this fool. There are no stupid questions, only stupid people..
Well gee, aint I the idiot, I just thought u registered an account without linking your stats because you are pussy and you only mentioned it because you knew it would be spotted, I stand corrected. rofl

Aside from all the simple tactics mentioned above with medic,
Which I already have explained why they dont work.

ziplines
Where? from the 3rd floor to the second or vica versa, The angle of attack is to shallow, so while your sliding your way toward the door entrance, kiss your ass goodbye as the claymores will take you out. Even if there were a few people in a public server who spotted what you were doing they would get shot when the claymores ran out. Like I said, I have played the map a few times, I know the results of the attacks.

( he mentions he is only peeved at SF maps, yet only SF maps have the tools to get around quickly like grapples and ziplines )
Ahhh the grapple theory, while im standing on the second floor, I will throw a grapple along the same floor, hit enter and wonder why it didn't work??? Great IDEA!! They are made for climbing up walls............ If you mean use them from the ground to the 2 outer doors, they are covered by claymores, see the medic and multiple death theory when the opposing team is cornered........

As for saying im only pissed at special forces, is it just me who saw sharqi and kark being given as examples of BF2 maps in my previous post that are pissing off a number of people?

why not play on a server where the friendly fire option is on ? I lay claymores for defense, as the servers I play on with 1.22 patch all blow friendlies away as easily as enemies.
Well, I guess I will get working on getting every bf2 server owner in the U.K. to set an option that most of them disagree with as they are fed up getting "blown away" by a team mate claymore whoring or anti-tank mines. While Im at it, I will contact every bf2 player globally and ask them to stop giving claymore whores points by playing on the same servers. ........

And what was your team doing whilst you were so stumped looking at all those claymores ?
MAP               Time           Wins    Losses   Ratio         Best Round

Warlord      31:14:33      80      50        1.60      148
Night Flight.      12:24:38      40      18        2.22      127

Yeah, because while Im sitting there in my complete ignorance of the map, I just happen to join a lucky team a lot..................

If this was the last flag, then sit there and spawnrape them as they come out.  More points for you, none for them.
The game is ment to be played to win, I am not just speaking for myself here. Im talking about players with 0 hours experience up to 1000 hours who are not expecting there to be such a huge exploit, open to abuse in the game. So there is no short supply of victims for them to kill using their tactics. In a game that should have been over because their flag should have been already capped, If they cant hold the other points on the map without the use of claymores then why should they be able to do it here. They need to give the attacking team a fair chance to attack the points by making them diffusable by throwing nades.

If it wasn't , go cap the other flags. Shouldn't be hard to kill 6 snipers with your favourite grenade launcher on your way somewhere. Then the claymores are gone.
The examples specifically state that the opposing team are cornered, you following me?

And since your started off with a little quote I shall finish with the same.

"Never argue with an idiot, They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Njoy your new account.......

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard