Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6806
Well, i finally got to Sgt. Unlocked the DAO-12 and i'll tell ya - that thing is CARNAGE! My shotgun KDR was minus from using too much remington, and I've managed to bring it up to a little over 1.0.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6806
Shit i remebered BF2 is marines - change that to "Thats Sgt, to you Marines".
NoConflict
+1|6836|Austin, Texas
wow dude lol im 500 away fromsergent, and I am getting the DAO-12, not cause of what u said,  but it was my choice  b4,  kinda kool lol
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6806
Nah its amazing. I was getting 3.0 KDRs with 40+ kills and 90 - 120 scores.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6840|San Francisco

Use the edit feature!

The Dao is nice if you are close to the enemy, and there are less than 3 bad guys since the reload is really long and youre out of shots in two seconds. Other than that it rips through people like butter.
Strayfire
Hooker
+0|6777|PA, USA
I also got the DAO at Sergeant, it's a beast. It's useless at long range, but it's a shotgun, what do you expect? If you're a good shot, you can use the rocket at longer range.

As for voodoo's comment on the reload time, there is a way to circumvent that. If you switch to another weapon during the reload, the shells that have already been loaded in will stay there, but it ends the load so you won't have to load all the way to the full 12. If you're reloading from 0, you can let it put 6 in, then switch to your pistol and back and those 6 shells will still be in there. You won't have to do that weird little twisty thing at the end of the load either.
Guruz
Sir
+20|6831|government yard in trenchtown.
Damn, wish I'd got DAO too at Sergeant.
Now I hate my PKM just because the firing sound is too "rough". Hard to explain, maybe im just sensitive.
PKM would be great if I still played for points, which I don't do. (Playing mostly SpecOps now, should've gotten G36C or ... that DAO )
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6836|Bryan/College Station, TX
G36C and DAO-12. Have them both unlocked. Makes sense since I play Spec Ops and Anti-Tank the most of any of the kits.  Those I must say I have been experimenting with Supply recently and I find that I am having a lot of fun with it on maps where there are plenty of infantry to shoot. Karkand, Sharqu, Manshurar are all good maps for Supply. But when it comes to all the rest I still play my two favorite classes.

PKM is tempting though now that I know the series power of the Supply class and how useful they are in a squad. I just wish I could practice a bit with the PKM first before unlocking it.  I keep attempting to pick up Supply kits just in hopes to find one. Haven't yet.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
[LFX]angus
+0|6819|Texas...unfortunately
I got the DAO at Corporal and loved it; I just got Sergeant tonight and got the G36C since Spec. Ops. will soon get points for blowing up commander assets after the patch; both of those guns kick @$$
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6832|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
With the first set of unlocks, it seemed like no one wanted the DAO, but now it's super popular. O well, I'm happy with my recent choice of the L85A1.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6826
I'm 5000 from sergeant *sigh* well I'll probably go up a rank with the next patch. lol. I'm unlocking the PKM.
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6832|Pittsburgh, PA, USA

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

I'm 5000 from sergeant *sigh* well I'll probably go up a rank with the next patch. lol. I'm unlocking the PKM.
Rock on man! I love the PKM. It was my first unlock.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6826

bluehavoc8686 wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Rock on man! I love the PKM. It was my first unlock.
I'm getting really good with the support, and I enjoy using the gun. I think now I just have to get good with Spec Ops. never played it all that much.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6806
What am I missing with the PKM? I unlocked it and it blows, the ROF sucks ass and i find myself using the RPK and SAW more often. I'll be pumping rounds into people with the PKM, but because of their higher ROF i'll die first.

Humph...
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6818|Netherlands

kilroy0097 wrote:

G36C and DAO-12. Have them both unlocked. Makes sense since I play Spec Ops and Anti-Tank the most of any of the kits.  Those I must say I have been experimenting with Supply recently and I find that I am having a lot of fun with it on maps where there are plenty of infantry to shoot. Karkand, Sharqu, Manshurar are all good maps for Supply. But when it comes to all the rest I still play my two favorite classes.

PKM is tempting though now that I know the series power of the Supply class and how useful they are in a squad. I just wish I could practice a bit with the PKM first before unlocking it.  I keep attempting to pick up Supply kits just in hopes to find one. Haven't yet.
in my second account  which i only use for unlock and try out, weapons..i have it unlocked PKM.. if u wish,we join up a map and after im killed u can play with it?   :=)  in the MajorBummer account i have DAO and G3 unlocked; next i take KPM

Last edited by TheMajorBummer (2005-10-02 04:12:10)

thinner44
+1|6802
I got the DAO on my first unlock, and although my stats aren't pretty, it's pretty watching them 'rag dolls' on the end of that shotgun I tells ya .... My next unlock was the jackhammer, whoa that's a beast, but be careful, it fires the whole load in under 3 seconds
Faith +1
+1|6807|Arizona
okay -

So seriously how many hours do you guys play?  Because I thought I played alot and I am just now getting to Corporal rank (prolly 104-106 hours of play) - which is a mere 10,500 points.  Then I have to get 25,000 points. :-(.  I dont want to point whore to rank, but I dont usually get that high of a score.

maybe I am playing in the wrong kinds of servers? Maybe Im not doing what I should be doing to get the best points?  hmm.. I just dont have a clue.

I did find out being commander on one map (Strike at Karkand) I got 170 points being commander... that was awesome!.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6806
Go medic or support - revive, reheal and rearm people. And always make sure you're attacking flags and taking flags. If you can kill, they're another way to gain points.

Main thing is to always take bases.. and never go sniper, lol.
thinner44
+1|6802

Faith +1 wrote:

okay -

So seriously how many hours do you guys play?  Because I thought I played alot and I am just now getting to Corporal rank (prolly 104-106 hours of play) - which is a mere 10,500 points.  Then I have to get 25,000 points. :-(.  I dont want to point whore to rank, but I dont usually get that high of a score.

maybe I am playing in the wrong kinds of servers? Maybe Im not doing what I should be doing to get the best points?  hmm.. I just dont have a clue.

I did find out being commander on one map (Strike at Karkand) I got 170 points being commander... that was awesome!.
Just in case the Mods are watching There's already a thread about this. I've played lots and lots of hours, probably more than you just to get to corporal... but as the next post says, playing support is the way forward unless you're on a game where there's not much shooting but plenty of flag taking. I get around 30-50 pts per round, so that tells you it's hard work. .... It's all about the long haul unless you point farm, which in my opinion, is boring as hell.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6812

Guruz wrote:

Damn, wish I'd got DAO too at Sergeant.
Now I hate my PKM just because the firing sound is too "rough". Hard to explain, maybe im just sensitive.
PKM would be great if I still played for points, which I don't do. (Playing mostly SpecOps now, should've gotten G36C or ... that DAO )
I thought it sounded pretty dangerous.. I grabbed someone elses kit with it and ran at an enemy while firing it like Rambo and he tried his best to bunny hop away but got shot down.
Faith +1
+1|6807|Arizona

thinner44 wrote:

Faith +1 wrote:

okay -

Just in case the Mods are watching There's already a thread about this. I've played lots and lots of hours, probably more than you just to get to corporal... but as the next post says, playing support is the way forward unless you're on a game where there's not much shooting but plenty of flag taking. I get around 30-50 pts per round, so that tells you it's hard work. .... It's all about the long haul unless you point farm, which in my opinion, is boring as hell.
I hear you about the "not the right thread thing.."  But I wanted to go straight to the sources of those that had the "experience" since I had no clue what would be considered "normal" ranking and or points for things.

I just have to think Im doing things wrong.  I love to fly that could be my problem.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard