Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6616
It still sinks and dives forward like it did in 1.21. I notice no change whatsoever. Also, the landing pad is still bugged and the tiger still flips over if you turn it while taking off.

Also, although the P90's firing rate was increased, its sound is de-synched now. If you hear the gun shoot like 2 rounds, 5-6 actually come out. Even if you tap out one, like 2-3 round come out.
shadow18alpha
I attend BF2 Anonymous Meetings
+129|6645|Warlord/Bellevue,WA
That doesn't surprise me for some reason.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6616
I think the majority of EA's patches are just placebos. They say they fix or nerf/buffed something they didn't...and people believe it.
ilyandor
+31|6658|Phoenix, AZ
did they destroy the PKM accuracy?
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6619|South Korea.

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

It still sinks and dives forward like it did in 1.21. I notice no change whatsoever. Also, the landing pad is still bugged and the tiger still flips over if you turn it while taking off.

Also, although the P90's firing rate was increased, its sound is de-synched now. If you hear the gun shoot like 2 rounds, 5-6 actually come out. Even if you tap out one, like 2-3 round come out.
What the fuck do EA's game testers actualy do, sit around and play cards? Holy shit, I agree with everything you said!

ilyandor wrote:

Aparently, but I have to say, I got owned alot today with it

Edit: Also, it is worth pointing out, if you run forwards while shooting a rocket, it still flies straight through a tank, as if it was a ghost or somethin'

Last edited by Citizen One (2006-03-28 11:15:44)

Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6664|Howell, Mi USA
I can smell patch 1.23 to "fix" 1.22 and 1.24 to "fix" 1.23 and whats left of 1.22
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
CrazeD
+368|6643|Maine

Cbass wrote:

I can smell patch 1.23 to "fix" 1.22 and 1.24 to "fix" 1.23 and whats left of 1.22
Nope. They will just fix one issue and bring out 5 new issues with every patch. It will be an ongoing thing.

Seems to me that either the coders totally suck, or the BF2 engine sucks.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6817|San Francisco

Damn, you mean it takes practice and skill to fly a chopper now... I sure hope they fix that!

[/sarcasm]
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6664|Howell, Mi USA
I think it's a little bit of both.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6616

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Damn, you mean it takes practice and skill to fly a chopper now... I sure hope they fix that!

[/sarcasm]
There's a difference between what requires practice and what is a bug. However, the point of this thread was that although EA stated they fixed that problem, it wasn't even addressed. The Tiger handles no differently. It's just a placebo patch.

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-03-28 13:43:22)

xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6667
so no more pkm fury?
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6817|San Francisco

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

tF-voodoochild wrote:

[/sarcasm]
There's a difference between what requires practice and what is a bug. However, the point of this thread was that although EA stated they fixed that problem, it wasn't even addressed. The Tiger handles no differently. It's just a placebo patch.
Yes, I find bugs in video games for a living, I should hope I know the difference.

About the Tiger not being addressed, once again we disagree.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6616
Fly the thing. It dips down exactly the same way in 1.22. Load up operation smoke screen and fly the mec chopper around. Then fly the tiger. You will notice a HUGE difference. I even back-patched to 1.21 just to confirm this...absolutely nothing was adjusted on the tiger.

Also, in the patch notes it says "Increased delay for aiming reticule when going from movement to prone on all support weapons". Again nothing was changed. The reticle instantly adjusts either when moving then proning or standing still and then proning.

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-03-28 14:26:38)

Skinnister
+43|6695|UK

Citizen One wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

What the fuck do EA's game testers actualy do, sit around and play cards? Holy shit, I agree with everything you said!

ilyandor wrote:

Aparently, but I have to say, I got owned alot today with it

Edit: Also, it is worth pointing out, if you run forwards while shooting a rocket, it still flies straight through a tank, as if it was a ghost or somethin'
HUH you think thats bad, I was on gulf of oman a guy flew in with the MEC "blackhawk" the slowest fucking chopper in the game to the carrier i was in the AA turrent and I shot it with all 8 AA missles and ALL of the went straight though the chopper, he must of know because he didnt move out the way or eject and he did this a few times and everytime they just went through.
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6707

Cbass wrote:

actually the next one is 1.3
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

whats this i hear about a less accurate PKM?
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6817|San Francisco

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Fly the thing. It dips down exactly the same way in 1.22. Load up operation smoke screen and fly the mec chopper around. Then fly the tiger. You will notice a HUGE difference. I even back-patched to 1.21 just to confirm this...absolutely nothing was adjusted on the tiger.

Also, in the patch notes it says "Increased delay for aiming reticule when going from movement to prone on all support weapons". Again nothing was changed. The reticle instantly adjusts either when moving then proning or standing still and then proning.
Yes, I did fly the thing, which is why I have the ability to form an opinion on the matter. I'm not just coming on here and disagreeing with you for no reason.

The Tiger does indeed handle differently than the Havoc, and the Havoc handles differently than the Apache, because they are all very different machines.

The issue with the Tiger, which I feel has been addressed and improved, is using the rudders to turn left or right when taking off. The helicopter no longer flips over immediately when the pilot tries to turn on take off. The in-flight handling is the same as pre-patch, because this was not the issue.

As for proning, I have yet to test that at all, so I have no opinion.
mr.widdim
The Second Apostle Of Chuy
+78|6675|Flaming_Maniac = pwnd.

THERE CANNOT BE A LESS ACCURATE PKM! Lolz, I actually could care, but its fun to use it against teh noobs that run in the middle of the streets.
mimah
Critically Wounded
+6|6671|A van down by the river!

tF-voodoochild wrote:

[/sarcasm]
im not good at flying helis but im practicing and this is what i was thinking about all this bitching do they want the chopper to fly itself lol
Defiance
+438|6641

CrazeD wrote:

Cbass wrote:

or the BF2 engine sucks.
Bingo.
[-CGZ-]BioRaveN
Don't make me toothpick you.
+31|6675|The beautiful hills of Sharqi

tF-voodoochild wrote:

[/sarcasm]
ROFL LMFAO, Those are some great BB skills.

New patch is alright, getting the p90 more attention, easier to snipe people now. I got my vet anti tank so I dont use it lol.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6813|Bryan/College Station, TX

tF-voodoochild wrote:

The Tiger does indeed handle differently than the Havoc, and the Havoc handles differently than the Apache, because they are all very different machines.

The issue with the Tiger, which I feel has been addressed and improved, is using the rudders to turn left or right when taking off. The helicopter no longer flips over immediately when the pilot tries to turn on take off. The in-flight handling is the same as pre-patch, because this was not the issue.
Yup looks about right to me. Personally I no issue with the Tiger these days. Purhaps the rotating left and right while in the air was a bit slow but that can be compensated for. The gun in front doesn't quite go down enough but that's just a personal preference. The rest are fine so... I agree with voodoochild on this one.

For those that can't fly the Tiger... learn. It's not impossible.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6715|Houston, TX
Agreed Kilroy, I jumped on an empty server or two pre 1.22 just to try out the Tiger.  I'm very glad that the programmers decided to differentiate between vehicles.  Who would want all the vehicles to act the same?  It just takes alittle time to acclimate to the new vehicle.  After about 20 minutes of flying the Tiger, I had a good feel for the flying style.  Just practice!

KJ
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6689|Melbourne, Australia
they realy rushed this patch man.. perhaps they could give it sum thought and realy work to make this game playable.. i feel so betrayed that we spend our hard earned money on a game and they just realese patches that dont fix anything! its fuken pathetic get off ur fuken asses EA!
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6720
I aint the best chopper pilot in the game, but am ok. when i first tried the Tiger with patch 1.21, it flipped. But see us humans, we have the ability to learn from our mistakes. So the next time i got in the tiger i didnt flip it cause i was able to adapt. Once it is in the air, i thought it was a really nice chopper to fly.

cant comment on patch 1.22, but if it still flips, then you should already know that it might, and you should then be able to adapt to stop it from happening.

If you are still flipping it with patch 1.22 everytime you get into the Tiger, then i suggest you dont get into the chopper cause you dont have the skills to fly it. Just an oppinion so dont want you to get all stroppy about it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard