edzed
+1|6696
To what extent did they tone down the PKM, back to pre 1.2 or just a minor adjustment?
KeeblerEOD
+1|6693
i know this may sound dumb, but what is the difference between the regular patch and the incremental? Do you use the incremental 1.22 if you already have the 1.21 patch?
PunkX
stoned
+198|6623|Canada
Lmfao.

Well, the way i played today, i would say that they did dick all to the pkm, still accurate as hell and power is crazy.
Janysc
+59|6683|Norway
The only difference is that it is now less accurate. And against bouncing Assaults and Medics with burst-fire rifles, you're chanceless.

Thank God. Now I got to learn how to fly.
Rakasan
+7|6836|California, USA
Is there someway to tell if a server is using 1.22 by looking at the gamever server variable (i.e.     1.1.2716-548.0 via game-monitor.com)?
Mr.CobraKai
+3|6652
I didn't read the entire thread, so if this has been said, blame the fact that I'm anxious to play instead of post...

I'd just like to say THANK GOD for bf2s.com.  I logged in to BF2 not knowing of the patch and noticed that some of my favorite servers were red.  No bother.  I just closed, came here, and within FIVE MINUTES everything is done.  The patch is explained, download links posted, and I'm back on.  Say what you want about EA, but you can't knock THIS site.  Kudos, bravo, etc.
Mr.CobraKai
+3|6652

KeeblerEOD wrote:

i know this may sound dumb, but what is the difference between the regular patch and the incremental? Do you use the incremental 1.22 if you already have the 1.21 patch?
If you already are up to date on your patches and just need this, you need the incremental.  The regular (much larger one) is for people who go out and buy the retail box TODAY and have to get all the patches since the game's release. 

Hope that helps.
KeeblerEOD
+1|6693
thanks cobra, saved me like 5 hours of downloading
RedHot
+9|6729
Why couldnt they fix the sharqi exploit with the others... lame.
bowdenball
+11|6646|Greenville, SC
amen RedHot... seems like they're forgetting the most important one... (ie... red tag bug)
joe_shmoee
+0|6622
The most important bug that needed resolution to me was the rediculus lag introduced in 1.21 which screwed with a select few of us causing us to stick with 1.20 indefinately.  I spent an unsuccessful weekend trying to get 1.21 to work right but couldn't.  Every time I went back to 1.20 life was good again.  Based on the 1.22 description they didn't change anything related to the 1.21 lag issue but I'm going to be dumb and install 1.22 anyway, presumably to be aggrevated again with an uninstall/reinstall I'm sure.  (I'll bet 100 bucks this is going to be the case)

As a side note, I figured the lag issue with 1.21 was attributed to some screwup they introduced when mucking around with trying to improve other peoples ATI card performance so I went out and bought myself a new eVGA 7900 GT video card.  Guess what..  It doesn't work with alot of Dell systems.  Tons of people are having the same blackscreen problem and nobody knows why...

I tell ya, these companies aught to let me beta test their crap because I can find problems.

One upgrade I'd like to see in future patches is a patch deinstaller.  My BF2 installation disks are beginning to wear out!
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6616|UCF
BF2 on DVD FTW! Or you could just .iso them, that's what i inevitably had to do.  And I'm playing like a nub now becuase my left mouse button is only registering 85% of the clicks I make.

Last edited by vpyroman (2006-03-28 21:03:12)

BF2Craglyeye
+72|6672|Australia
Just played a few rounds.

The PKM can no longer snipe long distances. I mean you mignt get lucky but its not a guaranteed kill.
For example the hill between nth village and north base, to the spawn positions at nth villiage.

And good luck trying to hit anything while standing up.

Dunno about P90 would like to know more about it myself though.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6786|Bulgaria
OMG, another patch! Probably it fixes nothing? and introduces new bugs?
I'll install it tonight and see for myself.
Thanks for the info on the forum, guys!!
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS

Nikola Bathory wrote:

OMG, another patch! Probably it fixes nothing? and introduces new bugs?
I'll install it tonight and see for myself.
Thanks for the info on the forum, guys!!
Seems fine to me. P90 seems a bit better, but not enough to beat the DAO.

PKM is no longer sniper, but both support unlocks are know very balanced weapons.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
iamtheoneneo
+16|6669
oh great so they bother to fix the lock on oil towers bit (which has been around since the dawn of time - why wasnt it ever fixed in teh first patch?) but they havent bothered to increase armour on the attack choppers - im fed up of getting shot to crap with bullets from infantry and dieing - its stupid.
Kontrolfreq
+50|6604|Cambridge UK

iamtheoneneo wrote:

oh great so they bother to fix the lock on oil towers bit (which has been around since the dawn of time - why wasnt it ever fixed in teh first patch?) but they havent bothered to increase armour on the attack choppers - im fed up of getting shot to crap with bullets from infantry and dieing - its stupid.
I'm tired of all this EA / Dice bashing, software bugs happen, a lot! Especially with something as complex as bf2. Alright so there've been problems, but they are fixing them.

I deal with bugfixes / software updates every day at work (i'm a IT Support monkey) - it's just the nature of the beast. If you don't like it - buy a PS2 with Modern Combat!
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6658| United States of America
i downloaded it last night @ 5:30 and there was only like 3 servers i could go to are there more now?
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6649|Washington DC

RedHot wrote:

Probably priorities ... bigger problems & limited programmer/testing resources.  The Sharqi exploit is low priority because it is out of the areas of main fighting (same with Dragon Valley) and it doesn't give a great cheating opportunity for those who would use it.  For this reason, I doubt it will ever be fixed.

(The Karkand Hotel cheat, however, is right in the middle of fighting ... that makes it a high priority).
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6694|Howell, Mi USA
Thats y u wait missleman. i still haven't patched but i prolly will when i get home tonight.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
[iLL]h8+
+26|6715|Florida
I refused to be a bunny hopping noob toober, I refused to be a PKM lamer, so I do not know how much it changed, but it will be nice to not die by a guy bouncing all over or laying down with the most accurate gun in the game.

Whatever, they still need to fix the RED NAME. I dont know about you guys but I think C4 should be able to toss at least 5 feet instead of this 3 ft crap.  The TV missles still need more nerfing if you ask me and the Heat signatures on the planes need to be higher.  Jets can still own all game with no problems.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6646

[iLL]h8+ wrote:

I refused to be a bunny hopping noob toober, I refused to be a PKM lamer, so I do not know how much it changed, but it will be nice to not die by a guy bouncing all over or laying down with the most accurate gun in the game.

Whatever, they still need to fix the RED NAME. I dont know about you guys but I think C4 should be able to toss at least 5 feet instead of this 3 ft crap.  The TV missles still need more nerfing if you ask me and the Heat signatures on the planes need to be higher.  Jets can still own all game with no problems.
Guess what noob. Jet's are not meant to be taken out by infantry. Get over the fact that you suck. God, this isn't a damn fps. Jet's are very easy to take out these days anyways. You already got your damn wish. Stop being greedy. And TV missles need more nergfing!?!?! ARE YOU ON CRACK!?!?! The TV missle is the hardest weapon to use in the game. I fly all the time and I'd say maybe 1 out 10 gunners that get in with me are actually good with it.

I aplaud you for not joining in with the hoppers, toobers and PKM'ers though.
dankassasin42o
+68|6678|Reefersyde, CA
mg36 kicks the PMK ass.   they need to patch the LA96A1 into SF.        other then that. im sure its fine
RedHot
+9|6729

OrangeHound wrote:

RedHot wrote:

Probably priorities ... bigger problems & limited programmer/testing resources.  The Sharqi exploit is low priority because it is out of the areas of main fighting (same with Dragon Valley) and it doesn't give a great cheating opportunity for those who would use it.  For this reason, I doubt it will ever be fixed.

(The Karkand Hotel cheat, however, is right in the middle of fighting ... that makes it a high priority).
When USMC is capped out and there are 3-4 of their players left in the glitch with 200 tickets to go this is somewhat of a priority.
dubbs
+105|6631|Lexington, KY

Kontrolfreq wrote:

iamtheoneneo wrote:

I'm tired of all this EA / Dice bashing, software bugs happen, a lot! Especially with something as complex as bf2. Alright so there've been problems, but they are fixing them.

I deal with bugfixes / software updates every day at work (i'm a IT Support monkey) - it's just the nature of the beast. If you don't like it - buy a PS2 with Modern Combat!
Yes it is true that bugs happen, but why not post one patch to fix most of the bugs instead of multiple patches to fix the same bugs?  I am glad that DICE/EA is working on the issues in the game, but there are other things that make it seem like they do not care.  They should at least had a large patch to fix the issues, instead of small (even though the are not that small) to solve the bugs.  Instead of a 1.22 patch, they should have waited an released the fixes with patch 1.3.  Also, by releasing a larger patch, it protects the company from creating bugs in the future.  Larger patches are "more compatible" then smaller patches over time.  To have patched three times since Feb 14th, shows that Dice/EA are just solving one bug at a time, in my option.  Also, I personally think that DICE/EA was dumb to announce BF 2142, it seems that they are patching BF2, but really do not care about it.  Instead of having part of DICE/EA work on BF 2142, the company could have both BF teams fixing issues releated to BF2, then work on BF 2142.  This would make both games better, and it would make the BF community more likely to purchuse BF 2142.

Last edited by dubbs (2006-03-29 17:43:06)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard