beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6784

chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6846|"Frisco"

And for those too lazy to click a link:

Battlefield 2 1.03 Update Enters Final QA Pass

That's right, troops. Barring any last minute issues, the 1.03 Update is only a few days from release now. We thought this occasion warranted a post covering the major features and fixes coming in 1.03, so settle back and enjoy.

Wake Island 2007

That's right, the 1.03 update bundles the first Official map release from EA and DICE. In this case the map is a modern-era update of one of the most popular maps from Battlefield 1942 -- Wake Island. The People's Liberation Army has invaded Wake to threaten American supply lines. In response the US Marine Corps has been dispatched to reclaim the island.

The new Wake Island map comes to you free of charge thanks to Fileplanet’s new Battlefield 2 Channel. Visit it at http://www.fileplanet.com/battlefield2.shtml.

New Features

Stats compare - view the extended stats details for any other player in your BFHQ simply by double-clicking on their name on the leader board or using the new search feature
Server Favorites and History - find your favorite servers that much easier. No more searching for them through the main server list
Nickname Prefix - Add and change your clan tag to your account name at will. No more creating alternate account names to cover the changes in your competitive lifestyle
Supply Drop Icons - Supply drops now appear on the main map and within the 3D Map. Find that elusive supply drop much, much quicker
Points for Destroying Command Objects - players now receive points for destroying the commander's toys. Special Forces players rejoice
Server Reserved Slots - Server Operators can now set aside slots for their admins to join a full server at any time
Vehicle Passengers - the names of players in a vehicle with you are now displayed when you enter or change seats
Countermeasures - a reload bar has been added for vehicle countermeasures. You'll always know now when you can set off that next flare

Tweaks

Point Farming changes - DICE has implemented functionality that makes it significantly harder to point farm on Ranked Servers
Mod Support - Mods now work properly with the Dedicated Server! Additionally, the game will automatically switch mods when joining a server that is running a mod you have installed but do not have activated
Map tweaks - Spawn menu map and Commander maps now scale based on the size of the level being played (16, 32 or 64 players). Mini-map also scales automatically based on the vehicle type you are using (manual changes to zoom levels are remembered as well)
Commander scoring - No more TKs from Artillery
Vehicle tweaks - No more accidental kills from bumping a friend with your tank (try to avoid hitting him at speed though) and no more struggling uphill in an APC. Also no more improper TK allocation from vehicle explosions
Auto Team Balance tweaks - Commanders and Squad Leaders now immune to team switch
Anti-Air Missiles - These are now much more effective against fast-movers

…and, of course, more. Look for the patch soon.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6846|"Frisco"

Stats compare - view the extended stats details for any other player in your BFHQ simply by double-clicking on their name on the leader board or using the new search feature
Oh noes!
TreeNode
+0|6811|Western New York
So what exactly does it mean that there are no more TKs from commander artillery? So does the commander not get penalized for the TK or does the artillery just not kill friendlies?

And, thank you EA for giving points for destroying enemy command objects.
TreeNode
+0|6811|Western New York

chuyskywalker wrote:

Oh noes!
You should sue them Chuy, lol.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6839|Missoula, MT
*tisk tisk* Chuy didn't use the edit button...double posting!!  hehe    Just kidding, you feel the love don't you?
Heylove
Clear!
+0|6783
Yay, sounds like it should be a worth while patch.
A=10
+-2|6784|U.K DURHAM
cant wait for this 1 about time you got points for doing in the commanders gear spend most of my time doing it on maps no 1 seems to bother much.i bet you every 1 will try it now we will have bases full of enemy with c4 omfg. think of the damage
Donnyboy
+1|6784
Interesting to see exactly how they counter point farming. I've heard that BHing will be almost worthless, as all vehicles will only enable the driver to get a cap (others must exit vehicle to cap). But I wonder about stat padders who have a buddy throwing grenades and just constantly resupply for hundreds of easy points.

As Nappy-D would say; "Its...it's...it's incredible!"
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6845|-
I'm not too sure about the no more artillery TK's. Does that mean artillery just cannot kill friendlies even with direct hits? Or does that mean friendlies can still be killed with it but never able to punish? If it's the latter then that's a really, really, really bad idea. A whole new way for fucktards to TK without getting kicked.

EDIT: For anyone who wants to know what Wake 2007 will look like:

https://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4538/bf2wake024xq.jpg
https://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4941/bf2wake010xm.jpg
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6806|Lake Constanze, Germany
Don't we have a sticky for that.....just wondering.....

Greetz,
Agent
OholibaH
The Disconnected
+0|6834

chuyskywalker wrote:

Vehicle tweaks - No more accidental kills from bumping a friend with your tank (try to avoid hitting him at speed though) and no more struggling uphill in an APC. Also no more improper TK allocation from vehicle explosions

Anti-Air Missiles - These are now much more effective against fast-movers
Yeah finally they noticed that TK by arty is unfair...

and the anti air missiles are cool too. if there was an aviator that was quite skilled it was impossible to take hm down with the missiles.
Stasiek
Pojebany Hlop
+1|6837|Sicily, Italy
by them saying no more commander artilery tks it means what it says, NO TEAM KILL GIVEN TO THE COMMANDER FOR KILLING HIS OWN TROOPS WITH ARTYLERY!

don't nuke it guys

it will bring up a issue in regards to tards using arty to kill their own team not giving a flying f... but that's when the MUTINY button comes to mind.  i know most don't do it or opt out of voting but since this upcoming change everyone should wake up to MUTINY

r/
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6846|San Francisco

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

I'm not too sure about the no more artillery TK's. Does that mean artillery just cannot kill friendlies even with direct hits? Or does that mean friendlies can still be killed with it but never able to punish? If it's the latter then that's a really, really, really bad idea. A whole new way for fucktards to TK without getting kicked.
I agree... Neither one of those options is very good. One takes away the realism and strategy of placing a good arty strike, and the other allows jackasses to tk with no punishment...
Gabriel
+0|6783
So when is the patch scheduled to be released? I'm @ work and I cant access EA's website its "Blocked by websense"  Those kids foiled me again! ><

Last edited by Gabriel (2005-09-30 12:52:28)

Drunk-Driver
Sober to fly?
+0|6799|San Diego, California
No more teamkills from artillery? Sweet deal, no more worrying about all those dumb bastards.

Edit: As for teamkilling with artillery on purpose, it should not happen. First of all, you can mutiny against a jackass commander. Second, if you see a large red circle over your position on the minimap you should be able to use your brain and figure out you should move, artillery strikes give you ample time to evacuate.

Last edited by Drunk-Driver (2005-09-30 13:29:12)

Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6784

tF-voodoochild wrote:

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

I agree... Neither one of those options is very good. One takes away the realism and strategy of placing a good arty strike, and the other allows jackasses to tk with no punishment...
Im inclined to agree with both of you.  While it certainly is nice to know you cant be done wrong by sending in your artillery, not only does it remove the realism but it presents a major problem in gits trying to purposly TK you.  It might not be all bad though, but if it does turn out bad, the commander will get a shock from my paddles hehe.

With the improved AA missiles, finally, usually I've only been able to hit helo's with the thing, jets just seem to outturn them to fast.

Whatever happens, lets just hope it doesnt make the game any less fun!
Guruz
Sir
+20|6836|government yard in trenchtown.

Paladus902 wrote:

Whatever happens, lets just hope it doesnt make the game any less fun!
That's pretty sure by now, imagine all the Medals go to Chinese in Songhua Stalemate! (No more BH-hovercapping and fast repairing)

Perhaps they should make it "one-engineer-for-a-vehicle" or something.

Not to mention the joy of hearing a skilled jet pilot go "wtf lol hax?" when they die to a simple Stinger emplacement for the first time.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6807|Marathon, Florida Keys

Gabriel wrote:

So when is the patch scheduled to be released? I'm @ work and I cant access EA's website its "Blocked by websense"  Those kids foiled me again! ><
https://Megaproxy.com And go to the tab that says "try it free"
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6838|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Ummm as far as those pics of Wake '07 are concerned: I love the old rusted prop-plane. I think that is a really unique and interesting feature. Totally cool! Though I guess it would have no meaning for those who didn't play BF1942 and who don't know the significance of Wake Island.
Rakasan
+7|6835|California, USA
so I take it EA will still have their gay ranking system?
Miakei
+1|6821|Los Angeles, CA
Hey guys....just wondering,  are the dead going to walk the earth again? Is this thje coming of the End Times? I mean, EA released OFFICIAL information on the patch! I tel you, this bodes poorly for mankind.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6831

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4538 … e024xq.jpg
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4941 … e010xm.jpg
those look so much beter than the wakeisland I downloaded.
Rakasan
+7|6835|California, USA

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4538 … e024xq.jpg
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4941 … e010xm.jpg
those look so much beter than the wakeisland I downloaded.
Looks the same to me, maybe your not on high settings, lol
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6841|Bryan/College Station, TX
Added this info to the main sticky of the same topic.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard