Opera - safest, fastest internet browser8%8% - 11
RoboForm0%0% - 0
Avant Browser1%1% - 2
Slim Browser1%1% - 2
Total: 128
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6771|Scotland

I was wondering, so much use of the internet, but how do you get to it?
post your thoughts and comments
also vote!!!
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6771|Scotland

wtf? i put this on important debate and talk. please move it.
<b|k> lukie
+7|6737|Germany
Opera. It's not fast but its usability owns all the other browsers. Mouse gestures (u dont need ANY buttons), working tabbed browsing (FF is weird), maximium configurability. Simply a browser for power surfers, but not for the 399$ PC people out there. Ah yeah, its safe and supports PNG, f*ck IE, webdesigners should hate IE.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6785|AUS, Canberra
you should have mad eit multi select,

i use firefox and opera
TerrorisT²
Melbourne Shuffler
+214|6640|Gold Coast, Australia
Opera all the way, but sometimes IE when something thats interactive or media players cuz it doesnt work for me. Can someone help with this if they know opera well??

if so, thanks, i owe you one.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6771|Scotland

well i uninstalled opera, and then i reinstalled it, and now media seems to work.....dunnno how
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6803|England
I use telnet and parse the HTML code in my mind.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6771|Scotland

have the ppl who use IE even tried opera or firefox? coz if they havent theyre really missing out
InnerMonkey
+62|6733
I don't want a rich multimedia web experience!  I use IE only when I have to (work, a few corp. sites that still require it).  I've used opera in the past, but it's been a while.  At the time, it was a little quirky and slow, but still better than IE.  Greasemonkey and the array of extensions brought me over to the FF camp.

I'm gonna disagree with lukie and say that the $399 PC folks are exactly the folks that need a different browser, as these are typically the folks that need any help they can get protecting their boxen.  IE, quite simply, should not be a first-choice browser for anyone.

No OS X love either....where's Safari?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6771|Scotland

lol, i hate APPLES
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6709|San Francisco
Um...you're kind of missing Safari and Netscape in that list...

I use Safari.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6715
Slimbrowser ftw! wheeeeee.

Seriously though. I'm the only one?
SuB
+50|6690
firefox.. screw opera firefox is the only one that conforms to the true standards and sorts css PROPERLY unlike fucking IE..
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6862|-
Firefox ftw.
Not Entirely Sane
+6|6675|Just Outside Seattle
I’m lazy, IE came with the computer, changing it to something else would require valuable BF2 time.

Last edited by Not Entirely Sane (2006-03-26 18:02:27)

eusgen
Nugget
+402|6807|Jupiter

Skruples wrote:

Slimbrowser ftw! wheeeeee.

Seriously though. I'm the only one?
Nope, Slimbrowser owns all! I love it.
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6687|Australia
Firefox FTW!!!!!!111!

Internet explorer is much like a diseased crack whore
FubarJonny
bUdSMoKEr
+47|6704
ov been trying out the beta version for IE and it works pretty good but its freezes from time to time but overall its alot better than the old IE
l::.:LIAM:.::l
+139|6687|Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
i use firefox, but sometimes IE 'cos sometimes firefox stuffs up
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6660
Firefox pawns all
Home
Section.80
+447|6862|Seattle, Washington, USA

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Firefox ftw.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6724|Charlie One Alpha
I used to like opera for it's many options and tabbed browsing, but I switched to Firefox because it's a little bit easier to use and I'm just really, REALLY lazy.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6765
I am a fan of Avant Browser, and i think that you should all give it a go.

Has mouse gestures like Opera so you can open, close, go back, forward, refresh etc.. with a click and a move.

Doesnt open up more tabs in the windows taskbar, but opens up tabs within the program itself. I also find it much better at blocking popups than other browsers.

It does use IE technology though, so it will display web pages differently than Firefox.
junkpi1e
Captain Input
+4|6643|Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Go firefox. Been using it since it was called Phoenix and I'm never going back baby.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6731|Riva, MD
I use IE 6 usually but sometimes I use Firefox.  You're really dumb if you use IE 7, it's not official yet so it's unsupported for a lot of things.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard