SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6844|Delaware
Years? Months? I myself can't really tell.
Rakasan
+7|6860|California, USA
probably when they take down their stats server
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6871|San Francisco

q4.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6871|-
Well, since Battlefield 1942 was around for the greater part of four years--and is still going strong, I might add--Battlefield 2 will probably be around for a very, very long time, simply because of all the great mods being produced right now.
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6863|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I don't know... BF2 could be permanent. The only multiplayer FPS game I've seen so far that was the real deal is CS via CS:S. Think about how old counterstrike is. The original on the old valve engine that came out about a year after the original Half-Life is going on 6 years now i believe, maybe more. If BF2 was like that, that would be pretty sick.
Strayfire
Hooker
+0|6808|PA, USA
It's gonna go on for years, I'd estimate about 3-5 years before the majority have stopped playing.
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6870|Australia

Strayfire wrote:

It's gonna go on for years, I'd estimate about 3-5 years before the majority have stopped playing.
yeah ill say itll keep going untill theres another one just as good..
which will be a while...

i know people who never play first person shooters they hate them but they love BF2, lol my dad is one of them..
sure they suck but they still like playing
so yeah long long time
TwistedX
Aviator
+26|6817|Oklahoma
Until Battlefield 3...
Dilly
The Amish Must Die!
+1|6870
counter strike is like 8 years old I believe, if not older.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6809|Perth, Western Australia
Onl until battlefield 3 if battlefield 3 can be considred as good as or better than bf2. for an example of what i mean look at the amount of people playing old cs as opposed cs source and cs condition zero
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6864|Cologne, Germany

yeah, CS is definitely the benchmark for all FPS, I suppose. A rough estimate would be 3-5 years before they will get BF3 out.
r00fus
+2|6815
lets all go play team fortress classic?
Phat=A$$=
Caution: May Contain Traces of Nut
+1|6830|Southsea, UK

B.Schuss wrote:

A rough estimate would be 3-5 years before they will get BF3 out.
...yeah, then another 6-12 months till they release a highly needed/desired patch so it's at release standard

Last edited by Phat=A$$= (2005-09-30 04:40:21)

CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6864|Missoula, MT
I'd say 5 years...  I'm still playing DC from time to time.  It's still fun.  And the PoE mod for BFV is fairly decent as well.  Who knows.  Hmmm...I'm still playing originals, but only as mods.  They'll have to come up with some cool BF2 mods for it to go on like the others. 
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6829|The planet Tophet
ill always play it even when i get the highest rank
McCullough
+7|6861
it's going to be around for ever and ever and ever.

Last edited by McCullough (2005-09-30 07:18:48)

bluehavoc8686
will frag for food

r00fus wrote:

Rock on man! I was there. I started playing TFC on an old modem back in '98. Then counterstrike wiped it out! O well, TFC sucked compared to CS. Anyway, I don't think CS has been around for 8 years quite yet, but probably close to 7. I dunno, I can't even remember anymore.
r00fus
+2|6815
no way, you could be an engineer in TFC and put a mini gun right in the opposing teams spawn if someone launched you over there, then you can fix it up to a double mini gun.  YEAH
Heylove
Clear!
+0|6808

bluehavoc8686 wrote:

r00fus wrote:

Rock on man! I was there. I started playing TFC on an old modem back in '98. Then counterstrike wiped it out! O well, TFC sucked compared to CS. Anyway, I don't think CS has been around for 8 years quite yet, but probably close to 7. I dunno, I can't even remember anymore.
Yea, I think it came out in 1998, so that would put it at 7 years. I'm not a fan of 1.6, so I really don't know for sure. I guess I'm just a "Source noob".
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food

Heylove wrote:

bluehavoc8686 wrote:

r00fus wrote:

Yea, I think it came out in 1998, so that would put it at 7 years. I'm not a fan of 1.6, so I really don't know for sure. I guess I'm just a "Source noob".
lol. but didn't hl come out in 98? and i know that cs didn't come out for like at least another 9 months. w/e!
ProDicTeD
+2|6832
wel cs is the greatest multiplayer of all time but i think bf2 will be around for a long time cause i'll still be playing it.. i might start playing other games as well but from time to time i'll go play bf2
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6816|Jupiter
hopefully they can just make expansion pack after expansion pack instead of buying game after game that comes out, why not just make Bf2 better, its awsome already, its my life... about 15 hours striaght a day over the summer, seems long eh?.
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
Personally I am so lazy, I want EA to go to the online system like Steam so I don't even have to leave my BF2. I can just give them plastic money and never leave my desk.
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6743|Scotland
another 6 months? lol
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6676

bluehavoc8686 wrote:

r00fus wrote:

Team Fortress is soo much fun! Especially building those sentry guns as engineer

And the medic call is much better than BF2's:

"EXCUSE ME, I'M IN NEED OF MEDICAL ATTENTION!"

in a way better voice too
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard