polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6798|Singapore

Nyte wrote:

I get more top 3 medals than most armor/medic users comparative to my global rank.
Is that a call to worship then?
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6752|FUCK UBISOFT

i got all my sniper skills from being in a sniper only CoD clan with a sniper only server and a bunch of maps that were good 4 snipers, so yeah, i like being sniper, just check my stats
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

Miguel diaz wrote:

i got all my sniper skills from being in a sniper only CoD clan with a sniper only server and a bunch of maps that were good 4 snipers, so yeah, i like being sniper, just check my stats
Huh?
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6752|FUCK UBISOFT

i played call of duty, got lots of experience playing sniper in CoD, i was in a sniper only CoD clan so i got a lot of experience sniping
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6762|Toronto, ON
Not a call, a requirement.
Alpha as fuck.
wicked289
+0|6709|riverside, ca
I only see snipers running around with claymores.
[zulu]steviep831
+6|6643|Florida

usmarine2005 wrote:

[zulu]steviep831 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

I didn't say ineffective, I said the least effective of all the kits.
Wow you really do lack the grasp of the English language. Go back and check what you said.  You didn't said "least effective." You said you are unsure how effective the sniper can be. I went ahead and checked Webster's for you:
INEFFECTIVE:
1 : not producing an intended effect
2 : not capable of performing efficiently or as expected

Is this not what you meant?
No, I meant effective.

ef·fec·tive

a.  Having an intended or expected effect.
b.  Producing a strong impression or response; striking: gave an effective performance as Othello.
man, your an idiot. you just pwned yourself. did you even read what I wrote?
IronFerret
+48|6667|Mexico City.
naa me too..  i like to play it.. but have to reconize its a very limited kit.
many of those hours r comanding hours..
JahManRed
wank
+646|6638|IRELAND

Sounds like the thread creator has just come off a server after getting wooped by snipers. I don't like them either, I play them now and again, usually when drinking coffee and eating . They add a sence of realissim to the game. In war, if you break cover or stick your head up, your likely to have it taken off. Bite the bullet!!
Chikyuu Shoujo Arujuna
+42|6641|Norway
if you havent seen a good sniper, then you havent played with these guys:

omagazero           
<AvA>Alex-Tomahawk   
[SiN]Doom         
Little-Chinky-But        
_ARMOUR_DIVISION

Books_DCDF       
Head_Hunter(HX)       
DirtRacer90           
JEFFWHITLEY       
tahadar

Head_Hunter(HX)   
Grafisk           
AzN_Cowb0y       
DirtRacer90       
xzulu

these are outraging sniper, each of them a 1-man-army, helping their team with their awesome skills.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6684|Canberra, AUS

the_heart_attack wrote:

im an excelent sniper.

my accuracy is not super high as i take alot of shots at jumping and running people, id rather get the kill or kill assist than have high acuracy

but i must say alot of my time is spent hunting other snipers.
Man, you're NOTHING against yuri!
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6675|NT, like Mick Dundee

the_heart_attack wrote:

Schw3nk3r wrote:

you probably wouldnt know what a relaxing round is because you never play any other kit
sooo you have relaxing rounds with the other kits then?
the only relaxing rounds i have are in single player.

Schw3nk3r wrote:

i would stop talking unless you learn what other kits and maps are like.
well for starters this thread is about about snipers is it not?

plus i would stop talking unless you read the whole thread, instead of just throwing in your usless two cents when you dont know what your talking about.

-fe.lep- wrote:

So you have another account hidden away,  and You just showed this one because you like the under 4000 points score?

the_heart_attack wrote:

its not hidden if you use you brain, i started this account becuase i needed 1to1 infront of my name.
i play with that account now as sniper is the kit i prefer, iv had my fun playing all maps and all classes, and getting badges and fucking around with mates and all the rest of it.

i started my new account to take sniping more seriously ingame, and didnt just add 1to1 infront of the_heart_attack becuase 1) it sounds gay and 2) becuase i play with best mate 1to1sniper and wanted a name that goes along with that.
if you check his stats you will see he is also a fantastic sniper, better than most.

i play sharqi only as its what i choose to do, i play usmc only as its what i choose to do.
i am an excelent sniper and my stats show that. and to boot they are all on the rise.

who cares what my global score is, its only a 30hr old account.

and win/loss is never going to be big playing usmc on sharqi, but that doesnt bother me, what does bother me
is k/d with sniper rifle and overall. and thats about it.
You bastard... I hate you two... Just realised where I have seen the names before. Haven't played 'node for a while now though, my mate got himself banned on Wake by (insert drumroll) HairyPants...

You wait till I get near that crane with my M203, then we will see who is killing who. 1to1 assholes

On the subject of snipers, my brother caps flags, assaults, takes out boats, Hummers, DPVs, Tank gunners, Chopper pilots and gunners and BH crew members with his L96... He recently worked out how to use the kit properly, I can't say snipers aren't effective after watching him. His average K : D ratio these days is about 3 to 1 and I've seen him score golds three rounds in a row on Wake.

But snipers are godless bastards. Especially the ones with the PKM...

Last edited by Flecco (2006-03-27 03:12:51)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

[zulu]steviep831 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

[zulu]steviep831 wrote:

Wow you really do lack the grasp of the English language. Go back and check what you said.  You didn't said "least effective." You said you are unsure how effective the sniper can be. I went ahead and checked Webster's for you:
INEFFECTIVE:
1 : not producing an intended effect
2 : not capable of performing efficiently or as expected

Is this not what you meant?
No, I meant effective.

ef·fec·tive

b.  Producing a strong impression or response; striking: gave an effective performance as Othello.
No asshole, I guess I do not get what you are saying.  No need to be a fucking dick about it.  If somebody could enlighten me I would appreciate it.  What is also interesting is that a person that quotes the dictionary also uses the word "pwned."

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2006-03-27 06:23:54)

THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6780|AUS, Canberra

Flecco wrote:

You bastard... I hate you two... Just realised where I have seen the names before. Haven't played 'node for a while now though, my mate got himself banned on Wake by (insert drumroll) HairyPants...

You wait till I get near that crane with my M203, then we will see who is killing who. 1to1 assholes

But snipers are godless bastards. Especially the ones with the PKM...
haha i think i recognise your name too, and ppphhh m203, no chance

Spark wrote:

Man, you're NOTHING against yuri!
whats so good about his sniper stats?
i got double the k/d ratio, he has just played more.
{A.I}TheBusDriver
+2|6623

allfive6 wrote:

Sniper are a useless class. 90% of the tiime they die more than they kill they never help the team except the odd time when they defend a flag. usely the team with the most snipers will not win. And if you notice the guys that are sniper are once again 90% noobies with low ranks. I do thank EA for putting the useless class in though without it I would never got my Expert knife  Expert C4 bagdes and soon expert pistal . Sniper's are the number one eazy target in battlefield and with maybe 20 to 25 guys in all of BF2 that are even good enough to play that class. I say long live the sniper has long has there on the other team it is almost like stat padding how eazy it is to kill them.

Plus how many time have you guys killed a sniper and then the dumb SOB goes right back the the same spot you just killed him.  Did I tell you how much I love my knife badge. Sniper are like crack just don't do it
??????>>...//////? yeah uh no thier not... u only say that cuz you suck as sniper.... i have had a decent share(in hundreds)of running head shots or vehicle shots or choppershots.

dont be mad cuz u suck....THIS IS TO EVERYONE!!!!1
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6682|A sunburnt country
Of course you've never seen a good sniper, he pwned you before you even knew it was coming!

;-)
MajorHoulahan_MASH
+31|6732
Is it just me , or are ALL the sniper rifles in BF1942, Call of Duty, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, MoHAA and so on  way  more accurate than the ones here in BF2 ?
mporlier
+42|6650|Montreal, Canada

Books_DCDF wrote:

Nyte wrote:

You probably haven't seen me.

I've already hunted and owned all North American snipers (That includes all the posters on BF2S).

I will admit only 1 sniper is better though: HankC (The only sniper I have met so far that has killed me more times than I killed him).
Nyte, you might be an incredible sniper for all I know.  Perhaps you're even as good as you think you are.  But please don't go spreading around misinformation about "owning" all North American snipers, because to the best of my recollection you and I have never crossed paths on any battlefield.  I won't make any claims to be a sniper god, but there are precious few snipers in the game that have killed me more than I've killed them, and you're not one of them.  Perhaps someday we'll meet up and you'll end up besting me, but until that time, please refrain from the grandiose claims.

Now, on topic, in my experience people who make claims like "snipers are useless" usually lack the skill, intelligence, and tactical understanding necessary to be good at the kit (which is arguably the most difficult kit in BF2 to be successful with).  I regularly train alongside the gentleman whom I believe to be the best sniper in the game--[GDC]SinnFein--and have played with--and against--some other incredible talents that I've developed great respect for (Death to Bunnies, ChikyuuShoujoArujuna, [38P]H MasonicInc, DirtRacer90, and mporlier among them).  If you want to see effective, USEFUL snipers who make a significant and powerful positive impact for their teams, look no further than these players.  While there are a huge number unskilled amateurs out there that give snipers a bad name, the aforementioned players are a testament to what snipers can and should be--skilled, smart, and deadly.

So, for the record, there are GOOD snipers out there, and snipers as a class aren't useless.  And as to people who believe they are . . . well, they just end up being statistics on the kill tally sheet.
My god I am part of those precious few snipers !!.......... for now, I know it wont last long lol !!
mporlier

wicked289 wrote:

I only see snipers running around with claymores.
That is a tactic. If we run with our L96A1 we would not be able to shoot. THe pistol is my option but a claymore is very good. For an unknow reason players like to come and admire the dead body. As a sniper, you see someone close, drop to the florr and deply the claymore. You will almost all of the time get killed but then kill the other one. You end up at least with a 1:1 KD so it does not affect to much you stats.
mporlier
I can honestly said this week-end I made a big difference in a game by myself. Gulf of Oman 64P map with about 40 players. I was a USMC and MEC owned all the beach flags. For about 5 min I was able to cover 2 AA sites at the same time on the beach. By that time no MEC ever got an AA kill but on top of this they ended up never using the AA anymore. I got arround 14 kills just then. We ended up recaping the flags. It was nice.

Last edited by mporlier (2006-03-27 05:54:25)

Buzerk1
+44|6846

Miguel diaz wrote:

I did check.... if you are good, then I'm awsome
Lestat<CoN>
Didnt Do it
+9|6714
^^^^ Buzerk i would of replied to his earlier but i was too busy pissing myself with laughter but even my main has a better ratio than his lol my other one has a higher ratio but its rather new and not going to be used anymore its below lol.

http://bf2s.com/player/61120772/
WiBu
+14|6666

Nyte wrote:

You probably haven't seen me.

I've already hunted and owned all North American snipers (That includes all the posters on BF2S).

I will admit only 1 sniper is better though: HankC (The only sniper I have met so far that has killed me more times than I killed him).
Not all snipers who post on BF2S are North American O_o, me being one of them.
[zulu]steviep831
+6|6643|Florida

usmarine2005 wrote:

[zulu]steviep831 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

No, I meant effective.

ef·fec·tive

No asshole, I guess I do not get what you are saying.  No need to be a fucking dick about it.  If somebody could enlighten me I would appreciate it.  What is also interesting is that a person that quotes the dictionary also uses the word "pwned."
First, you call me an "asshole," then admit you don't get what I'm saying. Then you call me a "dick" and ask for someone to enlighten you. Then you question my use of "pwned" on a gaming website. Wow. You win.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

[zulu]steviep831 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

[zulu]steviep831 wrote:

First, you call me an "asshole," then admit you don't get what I'm saying. Then you call me a "dick" and ask for someone to enlighten you. Then you question my use of "pwned" on a gaming website. Wow. You win.
Yes, you are being an asshole and a dick with your reponses, I think most people can see that.  I am not trying to "win" anything, maybe just rephrase your response for me since I just don't get what you are trying to say.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard