Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6643
I have never played against a good sniper. Everyone picks that class because they want to be cool..a "leet sniper" so to speak. Yet round after round I get annoyed by constant sniper fire on me...all misses. So I have to stop what I'm doing, look at them, and put 2 shots into their head with my PKM and move on. So what are your experiences with opposing snipers?
strangelove
HOBO SPIRIT
+77|6618|the side hatch
i only seem to meet them when i am also sniping which i only do once in a while for kicks...i have killed a great many more with a few well placed g3 rounds than i have ever been killed by them...

i think most snipers seem to focus on the guys who spawn and immediatly go for cover and lay down, i spend virtually all my time running like hell which makes me a poor candidate for their bullets...also i see very few that like to change position...they may be good, in-so-far as they get many kills on the aforementioned campers but i rarely meet one that has all his ground covered and is not just looking for the easy kills
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6768|AUS, Canberra
im an excelent sniper.

my accuracy is not super high as i take alot of shots at jumping and running people, id rather get the kill or kill assist than have high acuracy

but i must say alot of my time is spent hunting other snipers.
doxed
+21|6644
i usually enjoy counter-sniping(is that even a word?). i don't consider myself an uber sniper but for the most part if i see you alone or in a small group, you'll be dead or pretty close to it very soon.
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6680|England and damn proud
i once got 40 kills to 0 deaths to bad i hadnt got 100 sniping hours under my belt, then the com hit me with fucking arty!
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6748

the_heart_attack wrote:

im an excelent sniper.

my accuracy is not super high as i take alot of shots at jumping and running people, id rather get the kill or kill assist than have high acuracy

but i must say alot of my time is spent hunting other snipers.
Yeah when i am a sniper i find myself hunting the other snipers a lot of the time. but this is a real benefit to the team cause usually when i am playing, if there is an enemy sniper killing all my team mates and me, the rest of the team will just try to ignore him and hope he goes away. but i will spawn as a sniper and take him out.

I think that when i am in the ZONE, i can be a pretty effective sniper and help the team out a lot. also get myself a lot of kills!
allfive6
+18|6702|Victoria BC or Karkand
Sniper are a useless class. 90% of the tiime they die more than they kill they never help the team except the odd time when they defend a flag. usely the team with the most snipers will not win. And if you notice the guys that are sniper are once again 90% noobies with low ranks. I do thank EA for putting the useless class in though without it I would never got my Expert knife  Expert C4 bagdes and soon expert pistal . Sniper's are the number one eazy target in battlefield and with maybe 20 to 25 guys in all of BF2 that are even good enough to play that class. I say long live the sniper has long has there on the other team it is almost like stat padding how eazy it is to kill them.

Plus how many time have you guys killed a sniper and then the dumb SOB goes right back the the same spot you just killed him.  Did I tell you how much I love my knife badge. Sniper are like crack just don't do it
ProfLiebstrom
durka durka
+14|6832|Sheffield, UK

rustynutz wrote:

i once got 40 kills to 0 deaths to bad i hadnt got 100 sniping hours under my belt, then the com hit me with fucking arty!
Is there really a need to lie about your skill? Your kill streak is 33 so its impossible that you got 40 - 0
Rakasan
+7|6834|California, USA
maybe he was dreaming ,LOL^^^^^^^^^^
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6642|Malibu

allfive6 wrote:

Sniper are a useless class. 90% of the tiime they die more than they kill they never help the team except the odd time when they defend a flag.
Wow you have bad experiences with bad snipers or yourself being a bad sniper of some sort. Your sniper rifle ratio is 0.47.
Sniper is not a useless class. Wow you obviously haven't played against a good sniper before have you?
Sniper is essential to the team providing either instant kill to the head or soften up the target so it is easier for the teammates to finish them up.

Of course majority of the team shouldn't be snipers. People should pick sniper class if they know what they are doing. If majority of the team are snipers then the team will get dominated by the armors.

Sniper class is not a useless class. Its just that many people who snipe don't know what they are doing.
joker8baller
+68|6664
LOL. Ouch. Well, I'm an OK sniper, I usually have headshots and stuff now that I actually try as the class... Got most of my vet's. But anyways. Snipers are a damn good class, that can take out an entire squad, effectively and quickly. Moreover, when I see a support aim`ing at me. They're gone.... No doubt. Most of my time is spent counter-sniping and covering enemy points while my squad spawns in on me because of my forward position. A good sniping squad can easily rack up 200 points in total... Personally, I believe a sniper is one of the most effective anti-infantry kit out there... High damage. Easy to aim, and there's your headshot =p You gotta realize though. A sniper must CONSTANTLY be moving. Unless your an idiot noob, who decides to stay in a spot after 5 killls... Way to easy to hear the sound of a sniper rifle/ see a sniper...  If a sniper class could be made more effective - Blends in with the environment more... At least when in a brush or something... Or maybe no red-tag over their name... Just blue on friendly snipers.

Last edited by joker8baller (2006-03-24 00:48:53)

theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6748

allfive6 wrote:

Sniper are a useless class. 90% of the tiime they die more than they kill they never help the team except the odd time when they defend a flag. usely the team with the most snipers will not win. And if you notice the guys that are sniper are once again 90% noobies with low ranks. I do thank EA for putting the useless class in though without it I would never got my Expert knife  Expert C4 bagdes and soon expert pistal . Sniper's are the number one eazy target in battlefield and with maybe 20 to 25 guys in all of BF2 that are even good enough to play that class. I say long live the sniper has long has there on the other team it is almost like stat padding how eazy it is to kill them.

Plus how many time have you guys killed a sniper and then the dumb SOB goes right back the the same spot you just killed him.  Did I tell you how much I love my knife badge. Sniper are like crack just don't do it
hey hey hey hey, chill Winston.

I dont think that the Sniper kit is useless as i have found that i can be very effective with the kit. I do agree that in the hands of a noob/newb that they might not know how to be effective with it. But this goes for all the kits.

Examples of how the kit can be effective:

- take out enemy snipers
- spot enemy for team mates when commander is doing a pish poor job
- cover your back when capturing a flag
- take out the enemy soldier who thinks he has just got away from the battle

I once captured the same flag three times in a row by myself as a sniper on Fuse Pass. Camped out on the hill side and watched the enemy soldiers, took a couple out. then moved down to the flag. they thought i would still be in the hill side, so when they spawned i then could see them looking up the hill which made them and easier target. I then took the flag and moved to a safer place. the same guys then came back in an APC and took the flag back whilst i took out some lone soldiers on the ground.
I then moved back to the flag once the APC had gone and took out a couple more soldiers with the pistol at close range and took back the flag. THen i hid round the corner and waited for the same guys to come back again.
BANG two of them dead with my claymores. one guy got the flag back, then i took him out and managed to hide round the corner in a spot which raised the flag. everytime they came round the corner to get me, i would through some granades or shot them with my pistola.

If you know how to use it, it can be effective
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6716|Las Vegas

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

I have never played against a good sniper.
If you've ever been killed by a sniper, then he WAS a good sniper....(I think we can ALL agree on that )

.....at least.....he was better at sniping than you were at avoiding him.  This would seem to suggest that you were worse at being a NON-SNIPER than he was at being a GOOD SNIPER.  It can be confusing at first but trust me.  This is eventually self evident to anyone who has "stopped what they are doing" and has also "taken a good look at the opposition".  More on this later.

Everyone picks that class because they want to be cool..a "leet sniper" so to speak.
Actually, everyone does not pick that class.  If you spend some time on the battlefield and pay extremely close attention, you may or may not eventually notice that there are a large number of people there who are not wearing a grass shirt and woven skirt.  These are the ones who are definitely NOT snipers (for simplicity's sake, we'll just call them the "other" people).

Yet round after round I get annoyed by constant sniper fire on me...all misses.
Yes! Absofreakinlutely!!!  You are quite right here.  I find it SO GODDAMN annoying when a sniper CONSTANTLY misses me.  I SO much prefer an instant death followed by another very exciting trek from the rear lines back to within range of his reticule. This is extremely invigorating and much, much more entertaining than those goddamn "mere near misses" where I am expected to keep trudging forward instead of just doing what I do..

So I have to stop what I'm doing, look at them, and put 2 shots into their head with my PKM and move on.
First rule of the Battlefield:
Never never EVER stop what you're doing.  Stopping what you are doing may lead to an infraction of the Second Rule of the Battlefield (see below) which would definitely prolong your period of having stopped doing whatever it is that you actually do on the battlefield while you are being repeatedly missed by snipers and trying desperately not to waste the time required in order to look at the enemy, let alone waste the time required to actually shoot them.

Second Rule of the Battlefield:
It is desireable that you put 2 shots into the head of any enemy sniper who repeatedly misses you, and who has in fact NEVER placed a round into your sorry ass.  Such snipers should be shot on sight as they are poor examples of enemy snipers, (INCLUDING FAILING TO SHOOT YOUR SORRY ASS while you're doing whatever it is that your sorry ass would RATHER do), and instead of you STOPPING WHAT YOU ARE DOING, actually LOOKING AT THE ENEMY and PUTTING 2 FUCKING SHOTS IN THEIR HEAD (Editors note: This is assuming that you actually stopped doing whatever it was that you were doing when the sniper missed you repeatedly that is...) Eehhhmm......what exactly was it that you were doing while every sniper that ever shot at you continually missed you that so pissed you off?  I must be playing with a different set of snipers and could you please pass on the name of that server? 

So what are your experiences with opposing snipers?
I'd be happy to share some of my experiences with you but unfortunately, should I choose to do so, I'd have to stop what I'm doing,  Look at you......and actually place 2 shots into your head with my trusty PKM.

Eh...I can't be arsed.....Note to self:

3rd rule of the battlefield:
Never waste a bullet on a troll.

Last edited by ShotYourSix (2006-03-24 01:35:02)

theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6748
^^ well i think this issue has been resolved.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6642|Malibu
Fancy_Pollux doesn't even have his stats up.
And Fancy_Pollux is not a BF2 account.
FSFGrimes
+1|6739
IMO, a sniper can be one of the better classes for squad leader. You have an overwatch position of a CP so your squadmates have a short run to get there.  There are good snipers out there. Their usually the ones who are at the not-so-obvious snipers nests.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6646|South Korea.

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

I have never played against a good sniper. Everyone picks that class because they want to be cool..a "leet sniper" so to speak. Yet round after round I get annoyed by constant sniper fire on me...all misses. So I have to stop what I'm doing, look at them, and put 2 shots into their head with my PKM and move on. So what are your experiences with opposing snipers?
I despise PKM bitches like you. As for being a sniper, I am pretty good, because I dont sit on hills shouting "ENEMY ARMOR SPOTTED" I sit in cover and wait for my target to either stand still, or run sideways or upwards, or downwards.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6772|Noizyland

I go for all targets, which means my accuracy is not as high as I would like it, (it's just over 45%.) I hide like a professional, I assist my team like a professional, my accuracy just needs work. I want to be a great sniper, as it was my speciality on Bf1942 - which I played again today to see if I still had my sniper's prowess. Took a while to get back into it, but I was hitting running, ducking dodging jumping headshots like nothing after about an hour. Great fun.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
strangelove
HOBO SPIRIT
+77|6618|the side hatch
as for the teamwork issue, snipers make good squadleaders in the right circumstances, they are already doing waht a good squadleader does (hiding near an enemy flag to let their squad repeatedly spawn on them and eventually take the flag)

they can cover flags, a good sniper on sharky can cover FOUR flags from the crane

and lastly but still very important, when they have a superior vantage point they can spot all kinds of enemies on the battlefield...although if it's infantry i often find myself spotting him and then immediately killing them
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6733|Houston, TX
Pollox. How are you going to talk badly about all the people that have ever played sniper on the opposing team? I think until you have your BF2 PID up and, share your stats you really have no right to talk about anyone elses ability. Give up your PID or are you hiding something.

Besides I seriously doubt you can recall every battle you have been in and, how you died in them all. You have played good snipers before. I'm sure they have put lead in you plenty of times too. Your post has no thought put into it nor, is it construtive in anyway. This seems to be a habit of yours. Kinda like you "Aquatic Advetures" booster pack thread witch was complete crap. Also your "EA Wiping Everyones Stats" post was pretty lame, and another lie. Thats probably one of the reasons you got banned for three days.

So until you give up your PID no ones going to take anything you say about anyones abilities seriously and, it will be brought up each time you do. I'm not trying to be an ass but, stop posting thoughtless threads. I am sure there are many thread about sniping that your post could be an opinion on. Your topic doesn't need to be it's own thread though.
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6728|Uhh... erm...
Ironically, I'm better with Sniping than I am with other classes. Check my stats  |
<----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, how was your 3-day ban, Pollux? *evil smirk*
0akleaves
+183|6611|Newcastle UK
i completly disagree my stats dont show it but i love being sniper and im gd at it even 90% i will hit u when running
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
Silver18
+10|6623

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Tell that to Nyte
HisInfernalDeath
+23|6722|Belgium

allfive6 wrote:

I'll meet you on the battlefield man.

Lets see how you think about snipers afterwards.

Good luck.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6646|Norway
Neh... I think this was an amusing thread!
Snipers arent the most deadly kit, and to get high scores with that kit you need skills... I play as snipers sometimes, i suck at it, but its a fun variation of the game. Headshots are kicks! Good snipers are hell to play against, they are rare though...
I hate that PKM, i really do. It`s the new n00btube ffs! If i have time i pick up their support kit after i killed them and shot them in the head with that pkm untill their body dissapears, and then pick up my kit again. I find that very satisfying, but often leeds to my death. Worth it though...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard