Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

Answeller wrote:

While even a stupid pencil couldnt made itself, im not gonna believe that the whole universe poped up from nothing and become something complex we cant even figure it out yet, so im gonna keep believing something greater than myself.
then how did that being even started? u do know that christianity is formed from other religions right? they say god is a an old man w/ a white beard, so is zeus, and december25th is when jesus was born when in fact it was more like in march. Dec 25th is the day when the day is longer than the night for the first time in the year (northen hemisphere) so its from the sun god (egypt) and the halo disks on saint is the same symbol as the sun disk (eygpt). Science is not all theory, science = proof, science has prooven there is anti-matter and dark energy, so would god create 2 types of matter for the sake of it? and theres no anti-matter found in the universe... yet
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6658|California
Wait what if its not GOD....But....BUDDA?

You know we might be wrong and the chinese were right.

seriously if god created us why is there multiple religions? there would be only one.

they cancel each other out, each disproves the other.

You want to know where u came from? go outside and stand on the dirt, look at the trees, seas, animals.

Mother Earth aka Mother Nature.

Maybe the Indians had it right, did u ever think about them? Huh did YOU?
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

muscleback wrote:

Spark wrote:

muscleback wrote:

Wow what a topic. Stuff like this always get pretty deap. Science has never proven anything. They only have "THEORYS". Thats because there is too many holes in what the come up with.

Y-D, to answer your question. After adam and eve sinned, that gave birth to sin on earth. Satin a fallen angle now the ability to create sin and havoc. God who gave his life for these sins gave us free will. We now have the choice to fallow him and be forgive for the sins on earth.  9/11 and all the things that happen are from the sins on earth and satin having power to create sin.
Yet another who swallowed Christian doctrine while forgetting to use their brain.

What do you think Jesus' mission was?

'9/11 and all the things that happen are from the sins on earth and satin having power to create sin'

This is the exact simplistic attitude that leads to something like 9/11.

The belief that God/Satan creates all evil things. This encourages FUNDEMENTALISM.

'Wow what a topic. Stuff like this always get pretty deap. Science has never proven anything. They only have "THEORYS". Thats because there is too many holes in what the come up with. '

Obviously you've never heard of, let's see. Earthquakes. Meteorites. The Greenhouse effect.

Need I go on? I could fill a big book with this and still be writing.
I will not debate this with you. I just fill sorry for you. What you say sounds so ignorant and I am truely sorry that you feel that way.  This also is not an agrumaent against science. Science will only one day lead to God, for this earth is too complex for science. It was not 'till further studies in college that I relize that. I just pray that one day you will see the errors in your ways. God loves you
Oh? How is this ignorant? Hopefully you will help me see the error of my ways. Or is this just 'nah, I'm not listening' argument?

You are right. The earth is too complex for what science says now. But it is also too complex for 'God made it like that'.

Can you give me scientific anomalies in geology (I already know several). I want to see whether you can back up your statements with fact.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Daysniper
+42|6635

muscleback wrote:

Spark wrote:

muscleback wrote:

Wow what a topic. Stuff like this always get pretty deap. Science has never proven anything. They only have "THEORYS". Thats because there is too many holes in what the come up with.

Y-D, to answer your question. After adam and eve sinned, that gave birth to sin on earth. Satin a fallen angle now the ability to create sin and havoc. God who gave his life for these sins gave us free will. We now have the choice to fallow him and be forgive for the sins on earth.  9/11 and all the things that happen are from the sins on earth and satin having power to create sin.
Yet another who swallowed Christian doctrine while forgetting to use their brain.

'9/11 and all the things that happen are from the sins on earth and satin having power to create sin'

The belief that God/Satan creates all evil things. This encourages FUNDEMENTALISM.

'Wow what a topic. Stuff like this always get pretty deap. Science has never proven anything. They only have "THEORYS". Thats because there is too many holes in what the come up with. '

Obviously you've never heard of, let's see. Earthquakes. Meteorites. The Greenhouse effect.

I will not debate this with you. I just fill sorry for you. What you say sounds so ignorant and I am truely sorry that you feel that way.  This also is not an agrumaent against science. Science will only one day lead to God, for this earth is too complex for science. It was not 'till further studies in college that I relize that. I just pray that one day you will see the errors in your ways. God loves you
Jesus loves me, yes he do
Especially cuz i'm a Jew

An not a very religious one at that!

yes I know this quote was addressed at Spark!

You sound as if you are better than Spark, no?
JaMDuDe
+69|6778
God is real. I think the debate is more if we evolved and if the bible is litterally true or just a bunch of stories. There arent any other religions that have a book like the bible. It was written in different times in different places and it all came together and made sense. No religions have people like Jesus who did lots of miracles, or prophets who told what Jesus would do hundreds of years before he came. And He came back after death and showed Himself to hundreds of people.

Last edited by JaMDuDe (2006-04-16 11:20:12)

markkos
Kokko, kokoo koko kokko kokoon!
+9|6675|Zurich, Switzerland
I don't know really myself who God is to me. In the middle age they told the people that they will go in hell if they don't pay. But then is the story in the bible about the dead of Jesus to forgive all our sins. But the poor people couldn't speak latin (or something else)and believed the priests. And if i remember right i read somewhere that the Devil would be a "son"(or something like that) of God. An atheist in our class says that she is an atheist because the church is full of money greedy chauvinist pigs. (Another says he is God himself) I am going to be confirmated overnext week and i am evangelical lutheran (like the most finns).
KingLou
Banned
+79|6624|Las Vegas

Spark wrote:

KingLou wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

That while our bodies are flesh, we are beings, in a large part, also comprised of energy.  Energy cannot be destroyed, only change forms.  When we die, our energy simply changes form and moves on to another state of being.  In religious terms that may be called a soul, but I certainly don't believe in God, or heaven and hell.
Wow........where's the science to support THAT theory?  I will tell you what happens to the ENERGY that you are made up of when you die.  As your body decomposes, bacteria and other organisms consume your rotting flesh, providing nutrition (ie, energy) for themselves.  The engergy that you were once made of is returned to the earth, in a thousand an one different forms.  So, your state of being becomes a healthy colony of bacteria, fungi, plants, worms, etc.

I really get bugged when people start touting that science is constantly disproving the existance of God.  How?  Evolution?  I'm Catholic....I believe in God, and that he is responsible for creating life as we know it.........and I ALSO believe in evolution (I'm a biology major, and currently in med school).  Why do the two have to be polar opposites.  Because of the creation story in the Bible?  Here's a hint.......it's a STORY......told to people thousands of years ago, who would have NO IDEA whta the hell evolution was if you tried to explain it to them.  I don't consider the Bible to be a historical referance manual to be taken literally without question.  Some religious people do.....and I'll be honest, I think they may be misguided in that regard.  And then there's the scientists that think science disproves the existance of God.  On what basis exactly?  However.......these are the extremes..........there are the very religious (like myself) that believe that science and God are actually complimentary...........and there are many scientists (like myself) that feel like the more they learn of science, the more they are convinced of a higher power.  Study, for instance, in detail the process of human fertilization.  Every odd is AGAINST the sperm finding it's way to the egg.....and that's just the first part of the process.  If you really knew everything that had to happen JUST PERFECT in order for a woman to get pregnant, logic would tell you that it should be near impossible for it to happen.......almost like winning the lottery.  Yet, billions of people manage to get pregnant.....no such luck with the lotteyr.  Clearly we have no shortage of people making babies.

KiL
Most would argue that our sperm EVOLVED to beat off those odds. Naturally, those that did not could not reproduce nearly as much (a la natural selection)

On all other counts, ABSOLUTELY agreed.
Actually.....the sperm isn't really that good at beating those odds if you think about what most of it does.  Much of it is already dead upon release......and a good majority of the rest of it never make their way through the cervix and into the uterus.  Instead, they try desperately to fertilize the wall of the vaginal canal.  Yet.....somehow.....fertilization happens.......and often.  And this was just one simple example of the types of things that confound science.........and there are many more.  But that's not to say that even with a valid scientific definition of something, that then negates the possibility of a higher power.

KiL
Y-D-Donut?
Want glazed or chocolate?
+2|6642|Puerto Rico

Spark wrote:

muscleback wrote:

Yes, thinks like 9/11 are made by people.... but i meant, why wont he at least prevent it. Make the security guards in the airports catch them. Why he didn't? if he exists offcourse, wht does he has to loose?
Capt. Foley
+155|6588|Allentown, PA, USA
imo i think religion is bs used by people to explain things they/we dont understand and are trying to make sense of it

think 2000 years ago
noone knew about evolution
noone knew why anything happened
so people create religions so they can "explain" the things to the people and have control over it

thats just my opinion u have the right to belive in ur own
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6665|NT, like Mick Dundee

I don't have the time to read through 21 pages on this topic but I just wanted to throw in a Red Herring.

Saint Thomas Aquinas... Read his books and essays people... You want proof God exists, go have a look.

-EDIT-

Just want to say that the term proof should be applied loosely... Some very interesting arguments are put forward by him...

Last edited by Flecco (2006-04-16 16:46:29)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
elite3444
The other kid
+24|6637|USA
im catholic and nothing is wrong with it
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6665|NT, like Mick Dundee

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Answeller wrote:

While even a stupid pencil couldnt made itself, im not gonna believe that the whole universe poped up from nothing and become something complex we cant even figure it out yet, so im gonna keep believing something greater than myself.
then how did that being even started? u do know that christianity is formed from other religions right? they say god is a an old man w/ a white beard, so is zeus, and december25th is when jesus was born when in fact it was more like in march. Dec 25th is the day when the day is longer than the night for the first time in the year (northen hemisphere) so its from the sun god (egypt) and the halo disks on saint is the same symbol as the sun disk (eygpt). Science is not all theory, science = proof, science has prooven there is anti-matter and dark energy, so would god create 2 types of matter for the sake of it? and theres no anti-matter found in the universe... yet
There has been anti matter on earth... SINE laboratories made 10 atoms of anti-Hydrogen a while back.... They are in the process of trying to replicate the big bang on a small scale.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
JaMDuDe
+69|6778

Y-D-Donut? wrote:

Yes, thinks like 9/11 are made by people.... but i meant, why wont he at least prevent it. Make the security guards in the airports catch them. Why he didn't? if he exists offcourse, wht does he has to loose?
If God stopped everyone from doing bad things then there wouldnt be free will.

Cyborg God created anti-matter probably because we will soon be able to use it.  http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/explo … eship.html

Last edited by JaMDuDe (2006-04-16 17:17:35)

Spark
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

JaMDuDe wrote:

God is real. I think the debate is more if we evolved and if the bible is litterally true or just a bunch of stories. There arent any other religions that have a book like the bible. It was written in different times in different places and it all came together and made sense. No religions have people like Jesus who did lots of miracles, or prophets who told what Jesus would do hundreds of years before he came. And He came back after death and showed Himself to hundreds of people.
Well what is the Koran then?

Not to argue with the rest of your post though.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Y-D-Donut?
+2|6642|Puerto Rico

JaMDuDe wrote:

Y-D-Donut? wrote:

If God stopped everyone from doing bad things then there wouldnt be free will.

Cyborg God created anti-matter probably because we will soon be able to use it.  http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/explo … eship.html
Not everything, just those that bring a lot of suffering to millions at least, plus, those arabs did have free will, but if god had intervened, they just didnt finish the job... but they had free will to try.
Y-D-Donut?
+2|6642|Puerto Rico

Spark wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

Exactly, what he fuck then is the Korahn JaMDuDe? Dude, the muslim religion, in many ways, its a lot like cristhianity, just that crithians dont do Jihad (kill for your religion, Holy War, whatever). They had a prophet and a dude like jesus, called Muhammad. He did "miracles"too and other things. BTW, the Korahn is the "Bible" of muslims, its composed by many books, like the bible, many of those were before and after Mahomah, like the bible with Jesus, among other things.

So dude, no disrespect, but before talking about things you don't know, like other religions besides urs, take some education first. Wikipedia can help alot.

Last edited by Y-D-Donut? (2006-04-16 20:12:09)

Spark
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

Y-D-Donut? wrote:

Spark wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

Exactly, what he fuck then is the Korahn? Dude, the muslim religion, in many ways, its a lot like cristhianity, just that crithians dont do Jihad (kill for your religion, Holy War, whatever). They had a prophet and a dude like jesus, called Mahomah. He did "miracles"too and other things. BTW, the Korahn is the "Bible" of muslims, its composed by many books, like the bible, many of those were before and after Mahomah, like the bible with Jesus, among other things.

So dude, no disrespect, but before talking about things you don't know, like other religions besides urs, take some education first. Wikipedia can help alot.
*cough*CRUSADES*cough*

Hmmm...

You must have misunderstood me. He said that no other religion has a bible that is made of texts written at different times.

The Koran is.

So.... how does this make me 'uneducated'?
~ Richard Feynman
Y-D-Donut?
+2|6642|Puerto Rico

Spark wrote:

Y-D-Donut? wrote:

Spark wrote:

Exactly Spark, what he fuck then is the Korahn? Dude, the muslim religion, in many ways, its a lot like cristhianity, just that crithians dont do Jihad (kill for your religion, Holy War, whatever). They had a prophet and a dude like jesus, called Mahomah. He did "miracles"too and other things. BTW, the Korahn is the "Bible" of muslims, its composed by many books, like the bible, many of those were before and after Mahomah, like the bible with Jesus, among other things.

*cough*CRUSADES*cough*

Hmmm...

You must have misunderstood me. He said that no other religion has a bible that is made of texts written at different times.

The Koran is.

So.... how does this make me 'uneducated'?
Spark, i was not speaking to you, but to the guy you quote. Its that the whole thing does not appear in the quotes because BF2s does not let so many quotes in a same place. I apologyze if u misunderstood my comment. BTW, there is no need to not follow your opinions, so far, everything I think is the exact same thing u do, we kinda have the same though about religion.

Last edited by Y-D-Donut? (2006-04-16 20:11:42)

JaMDuDe
+69|6778
The bible was written by different people in different places at different times. The Quran was written by one man.
Y-D-Donut?
+2|6642|Puerto Rico

JaMDuDe wrote:

The bible was written by different people in different places at different times. The Quran was written by one man.
who then? correct me if im wrong plz... i wan never a A+ student.
Milton Waddams
+26|6624|under your bed
So I was listening to the radio and they said they have proven that going to church on a regular basis makes you richer (believe it or not!).

The reason: Going to church gives you more contacts and therefore increases the opportunities you have to make money.

PS: Why are you talking about religion on a violent video game website?
Y-D-Donut?
+2|6642|Puerto Rico

Milton Waddams wrote:

So I was listening to the radio and they said they have proven that going to church on a regular basis makes you richer (believe it or not!).

The reason: Going to church gives you more contacts and therefore increases the opportunities you have to make money.

hahahhahaha... good comment, i think likewise, religion and violent VG dont mix
Spark
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

JaMDuDe wrote:

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

How could an ILLITERATE write a book?
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

Y-D-Donut? wrote:

Milton Waddams wrote:

hahahhahaha... good comment, i think likewise, religion and violent VG dont mix
The only thing violent on here is...

Um....

yeah.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard