Markimus
Administrator
+65|6634|Canada
Battlefield 2142: Overview
Battlefield: 2142 takes place in the year 2142, where humans are struggling to survive on the remaining 25% of Earth that is inhabitable.

Release Date
+ Expected Fall (Autumn) 2006

Features
+ More details are expected to be revealed at this year's BF-CON (April 28-30, 2006) E3 (May 2006).
+ Uses the same core engine as Battlefield 2, with improved visual and physics engines.
+ Thanks to this, more time can be spent developing new weapons, vehicles, maps, etc..
+ Maps can provide ideal vehicle-to-player ratios.
+ Usable Toilets on the Battlefield
+ More work has also been put into ensuring the game is balanced at release
+ Uses a similar squad system to that of Battlefield 2, but improved - for example squad leaders can now deploy a beacon which their squad-mates can spawn from, even if the leader dies
+ Parachutes are no-longer issued to troops - replacement is currently unknown
+ Grappling hooks and night vision (รก la BF2: Special Forces) may be included - undecided
+ Expected to contain a new commander system, co-op mode (for teaming up against AI opponents) and possibly even an entirely new game-mode for the Battlefield series

Maps
+ Brand new locations and scenarios - set in the year 2142.
+ Most of the maps are based in North Africa (since this is where most of the remaining land is)

Teams and Classes
+ Players can play as the "American-European Alliance" (Continental America and most of Europe) or "Pan Asian Coalition" (made up of Russia, Middle East, India).
+ No Far East countries - possible add-on in the future?

Vehicles
+ Heavily influenced by futuristic sci-fi movies, such as Aliens.
+ Similar mix of vehicles as in previous Battlefield titles (tanks, APCs, transport, etc.), but with the addition of Mechs.
+ Mechs are armed with an anti-aircraft gun, TOW anti-tank rocket launchers, and anti-infrantry mini-guns on each arm
+ Other vehicles will be given more powerful weaponry to balance this out, such as EMP
+ Helicopters are replaced by blade-less hovering ships
+ Fighter jets are to be included, but details aren't yet known

Weapons
+ Although futuristic-looking, still based on current weapon technology on the whole (ordinary bullets).
+ EMP grenades to scramble vehicles' vision and reduce their speed
+ Number of new mines to use: Chaser (anti-tank)
+ Artillery will still be included

[OFFICIAL Press Release from Electronic Arts]
http://www.ea.com/article.jsp?dcr=ea&am … 2_announce

[Screenshots]
http://files.bf2s.com/details.php?file=380

[First Official Battlefield 2142 Video (From PCGAMER)]
http://files.bf2s.com/details.php?file=362

[DICE Minsk Level Vehicle Showcase]
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1BLOQWbSA2s

[PC Gamer May Issue Scans (Battlefield 2142 Cover Story)]
http://files.bf2s.com/details.php?file=365

Post your thoughts!
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6647
sorry if this has been posted, but a friend found this online:

http://files.bf2s.com/details.php?file=362 [edited link]
supposedly it

EDIT: its not the boring "Minsk Level Showcase" one

Last edited by Trigger_Happy_92 (2006-03-20 18:12:14)

Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6644
2 long, didn't read.
Trigger_Happy_92
+394|6647

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

2 long, didn't read.
the hell?
Its a new video out, not an article

Last edited by Trigger_Happy_92 (2006-03-20 18:16:21)

SolidusSnake12
+2|6636
boooO that means i have to spend more money to by a better graphics card ;(
SargeX_au
+29|6750
Looks good
Trigger_Happy_92
+394|6647
looks kinda corny to me
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6845|-

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

2 long, didn't read.
Maybe a nice three-day ban will help you understand the meaning of "helpful and informative posts".

Anyway, whoa it's coming in Fall 2006?! That looks pretty kick ass to me.
Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
+81|6703|Central Valley,California
That freezes like ever 5 seconds for me. Help?
Silver18
+10|6623
Looks like starwars, lame. Battlefield 2 all the way for me
edzed
+1|6694
Cool im suprised its coming out so quick, but i wonder how many people it will caryy over from bf2?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Yawn. Looks like countless other sci-fi FPS's. Fall '06? They aren't even making a better engine? No way...and that better not be the opening video. It wasn't exactly "edge-of-seat" material. I'm not exactly sure how the planet could freeze that quickly, but at least Canada won't have to worry about becoming irrelevant (they already are).
FSFGrimes
+1|6739
"Cool idea with lots of new features and I'm sure it will make a GREAT game..... but I would be more likely to buy it IF it DIDN'T have the Battlefield name.

Why?

Why can't the game be developed with Battlefield gameplay in mind but not have its name. BF has been about historical wars and with BF2 a war that isn't all that far fetched. Its not Battlefield if theres giant mechs roaming around killing people. Its Terminator/MechWarrior/Enemy Terrertory/ Aliens/ most every si-fi action game EXCEPT Battlefield.

I really hope I'm not alone in this."

-----------Teken by my thread I posted on the same subject.
Thumper04
"So there I was..."
+7|6626|Floriduh
Looks pretty cool, but if they really release it fall '06, that's pretty quick (relatively) after BF2.

Of course, we're talking about EA/DICE. I predict fall '09. First "booster pack" will be Winter '09.

Last edited by Thumper04 (2006-03-20 19:13:13)

Trigger_Happy_92
+394|6647
i really dont think the date is right. If they are not refining the engine to handle huge walking things (which its horrible at ATM) then the mechs will be crap
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6688|Tampa Bay Florida
Why don't they remake BF1942, with the ranking system/award system, the new graphics engine, and improved WW2 weapons?
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6728|Rochester, NY
I think they are going too far... That was like Gundam, Mechwarriors and Star Wars are mixed into one game. I rather stick with Battlefield 2 at the moment, where everything makes a lot of sense, unless it get good reviews.
Trigger_Happy_92
+394|6647
anyone elses opinion on the game?
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6768|AUS, Canberra
i think it looks good, im going to be such a mech whore.
Souljah
+42|6665
omg your kidding me right. i guess ea/dice will bring out anything to make money now-a-days. as for me i rather play bf2 then some star war game.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6768|AUS, Canberra

Souljah wrote:

i guess ea/dice will bring out anything to make money now-a-days.
well done you have passed basic buisness 101.
Trigger_Happy_92
+394|6647

the_heart_attack wrote:

Souljah wrote:

i guess ea/dice will bring out anything to make money now-a-days.
well done you have passed basic buisness 101.
lol
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6643

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

2 long, didn't read.
Maybe a nice three-day ban will help you understand the meaning of "helpful and informative posts".
Its gonna suck for the guy who gonna get banned lol...........

Anyways I think BF2 is still interesting it still has some juice in it.
tF-afrojap
+124|6845|SF
Like my friend said.. it doesn't look like it can compete with QuakeWars, which is coming out Q2 2006. It's a bit eairly to judge, but the current BF3 is a "future mod" at best, whereas Quakewars actually looks next-gen with some very promising gameplay. Unless they make drastic gameplay improvements for BF3, I don't think it can be called a sequel, and will end up being what BFV was to BF1942.

To DICE: Screw your publisher, get a "steam" type distro system setup. You don't need publishers for advertising since the BF series got a kickass rep already. Then put bf3 on hold and make BF2 the best game evar. The game has soo much untapped potential...

yeah right, like that would ever happen. Sigh. I would have MUCH perferred to see them take on BF1300 than this tired starwars theme..

Oh, btw I'm looking forward to seeing invisible statpadders. They will be screenshot resistant! Although I suppose the score boards would give it away. Hehe
Trigger_Happy_92
+394|6647
yeah "The BFV of Bf2" is a great way to put how this game will most likely turn out. kinda like the "eh" game spawned off of a popular title

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard