King_Vegeta
+4|6627
Metals and badges both have a particular designated slot for where the award is going to be listed in BFHQ. There is no specific order like this for the ribbons however; they are ordered by whenever you get them. If the ribbons were to be ordered, what order do you think they should go in? Some sites list them in alphabetical order while other guides, like UBAR, list them differently. Why is it also that UBAR's ribbons are ordered the way they are? Just a penny for your thoughts on this...
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6717|Las Vegas
I'd take you up on your penny, but unfortunately I dont have any thoughts on this. 
goobermit
+2|6625
In real-life, military ribbons are worn on your uniform in the order of prestige, from highest honor to lowest (or most common) with the best awards going to the top and left when looking at the wearer.  In the case of BF2, I would start with the War College ribbon as the most prestigious, since it is most definitely the hardest to get (It's one of the two I don't have, the other being helicopter service ribbon).  Then I would work down the rest of the awards based on how hard they are to get.

Ribbons awarded for command would go closer to the top (War College, Staff Officer), then ribbons awarded for teampoints (Valorous Unit, Distinguished Service, etc).  I would put the ribbons that are awarded for kills (ground defense, aerial service, etc) closer to the bottom since the focus of the military is on teamwork. I would end the list with the airborne ribbon since it is the easiest to get, then work backwards with the "time in theater ribbons".

So here's a list of the non-SF ribbons (highest to lowest) - ties are ones I couldn't decide on:
1. War College
2. Staff Officer
3. Legion of Merit
4. Valorous Unit
5(tie). Infantry Officer
5(tie). Distinguished Service
7. Meritorious Unit
8. Good Conduct
9. Aerial Service
10. Helicopter Service
11. Armor Service
--SF Vehicle Service Ribbons
12. Crew Service
--SF Crew Service
13. Air Defense
14. Ground Defense
15. Combat Action
16(tie). Far East Service
16(tie). Middle East Service
--SF Force Services
18. Airborne

That's how I see it; any one else have any input?

Last edited by goobermit (2006-04-02 14:15:01)

Lucractius
+5|6611
bravo nicely said
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6785|Bulgaria
the Airborne ribon is not THAT easy to get man, I still don't have it
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Nikola Bathory wrote:

the Airborne ribon is not THAT easy to get man, I still don't have it
Are you kidding? Take a plane up 3000 feet in the air (you don't even need that much), bail out, parachute.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6785|Bulgaria
ooops, I made a mistake! I had in mind the Aerial Service ribbon! My mistake!!
the Aerial Service ribbon is hard to get (for me at least)
LuitenantLt.Smash
+0|6681|UK
Fushe Pass, J-10, sorted
goobermit
+2|6625
What ribbons should they add? Is there any task that someone thinks should be worthy of the honorable mention given by ribbons?  Maybe a ribbon for kill ratios for different weapons - a n00btube to defribillator ratio ribbon that you can earn for having more defrib kills than grenade launcher kills, or something like that.

Last edited by goobermit (2006-04-02 14:15:20)

*OL*JoseyWales
+8|6701|Phoenix Arizona

Nikola Bathory wrote:

ooops, I made a mistake! I had in mind the Aerial Service ribbon! My mistake!!
the Aerial Service ribbon is hard to get (for me at least)
find a good bomber pilot on  OPERATION CLEANSWEEP and use the TV missle to claim the ribbon  it was easy once I found the right pilot that lets YOU use the weapon properly
King_Vegeta
+4|6627
Alright then, what about your thoughts on why UBAR orders the ribbons in the order they are?
Herbmaster007
+-4|6740
The only award that offers any real difficulty is the war college ribbon. The rest are all obtainable with time depending what sort of player you are and which kits and vehicles you prefer.
Hyper
Banned
+154|6749

goobermit wrote:

What ribbons should they add? Is there any task that someone thinks should be worthy of the honorable mention given by ribbons?  Maybe a ribbon for kill ratios for different weapons - a n00btube to defribillator ratio ribbon that you can earn for having more defrib kills than grenade launcher kills, or something like that.

http://sig.gamedrome.com/gen/24947.jpg
no offense but including your sig within your post kind of defeats the purpose for those who have sigs turned off.
besides, its H U G E
goobermit
+2|6625
I think there should be a ribbon for flag defends, something like 200 global defends, then ~6 IAR.
MooseRyder
+37|6653|Montréal, Canada
not only for flag defence, for flag capture too. like this maybe the damn retards that stays on the carrier on wake island the hole round would move their asses to cap some flags on the island
MrE`158
+103|6622
Yeah, there should be more teamwork-oriented ribbons, for stuff like Flag Capture and Defence, Kill Assists and so on.
jjrp02
+18|6645|Baton Rouge, LA, USA

goobermit wrote:

[...]
So here's a list of the non-SF ribbons (highest to lowest) - ties are ones I couldn't decide on:
1. War College
2. Staff Officer
3. Legion of Merit
4. Valorous Unit
5(tie). Infantry Officer
5(tie). Distinguished Service
7. Meritorious Unit
8. Good Conduct
9. Aerial Service
10. Helicopter Service
11. Armor Service
--SF Vehicle Service Ribbons
12. Crew Service
--SF Crew Service
13. Air Defense
14. Ground Defense
15. Combat Action
16(tie). Far East Service
16(tie). Middle East Service
--SF Force Services
18. Airborne

That's how I see it; any one else have any input?
I like
1. WCR
2. Legion of Merit
3. Valorious Unit
4. Distinguised Service
5. Staff Officer
6. Infantry Officer
7. ...

just because any noob can get Staff Officer...LOM, VU, and DS, all have time requirements

other than that...looks good
Jade Falcon
+1|6652|Ayr, Scotland
A ribbon or badge for Revives might be a good idea, its strange that in the medic badges you get points for heals, but not revives.
Ikuza
Commander Disconnect
+-1|6798
I rather just have revives count as heals, but whatever. I say we need a defib badge/ribbon or healer ribbon.

Last edited by Ikuza (2006-04-10 17:54:52)

[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6744

Airborne ribbon is quite hard to get actually:

1. You have to be able to get a jet.
2. You have to survive the initial take off amongst a field of friendly enemies.
3. You have to eat the TKs on take off.
4. You have to resist the urge to spawn kill and actually leave your jet without getting shot down first.
5. You have to frantically mash the keyboard trying to hit the parachute key before you smack into the ground.
6. You're parachute has to deploy.
7. No one actually makes it past the BF2 parachute deploying and staying open stage.
8. Death. No ribbon. -2 Suicide points combined with your TKs. Joy.

9. Should magic fairies intervene, and you get awarded the ribbon in the round, you now have to do it three more times on different servers before it will show up in your stats.

Last edited by [CANADA]_Zenmaster (2006-04-10 17:55:17)

Jade Falcon
+1|6652|Ayr, Scotland

[CANADA]_Zenmaster wrote:

2. You have to survive the initial take off amongst a field of friendly enemies.
4. You have to resist the urge to spawn kill and actually leave your jet without getting shot down first.
5. You have to frantically mash the keyboard trying to hit the parachute key before you smack into the ground.
7. No one actually makes it past the BF2 parachute deploying and staying open stage.

9. Should magic fairies intervene, and you get awarded the ribbon in the round, you now have to do it three more times on different servers before it will show up in your stats.
Not for me...I took a chinese transport heli up to maximum altitude on a map like Dalian Plant and bailed.

I know what you mean about the faulty chutes though, but that's how I got it.

The Air Defence ribbon seems a bit difficult now, because the fixed SAM sites seem rather unreliable.  I've locked on enemy jets and helis and more often had team vehicle damage than a hit on an enemy, and a lot of maps don't have mobile AA assets.  Do Phalanx kills count towards this ribbon?
goobermit
+2|6625
Yes, phalanx kills count.  Although, I've only seen a few pilots that will venture near a carrier once they know it's defended.  They are either really stupid or really good.  I've been blown up in the phalanx by a few pilots with their cannons at long range.

How about a ribbon for accuracy?  Or maybe tie accuracy into the sniper badge.  I hate seeing guys in the top ten with worse accuracy than me.

Last edited by goobermit (2006-04-13 13:16:11)

millhous
+39|6635|OREEGONE, USA
Yeah, with the outstanding accuracy of AA missles these days, getting up to a reasonable height is difficult.  Especially just getting a jet in the first place.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Jade Falcon wrote:

[CANADA]_Zenmaster wrote:

Not for me...I took a chinese transport heli up to maximum altitude on a map like Dalian Plant and bailed.

I know what you mean about the faulty chutes though, but that's how I got it.

The Air Defence ribbon seems a bit difficult now, because the fixed SAM sites seem rather unreliable.  I've locked on enemy jets and helis and more often had team vehicle damage than a hit on an enemy, and a lot of maps don't have mobile AA assets.  Do Phalanx kills count towards this ribbon?
I think he was being sarcastic.

And say what? The SAM sites are more effective now than they ever were, except in their spiral-ridden days of 1.2 (but they still do their instand 90/180 degree turns). How can anyone complain about missile inaccuracy?!

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-04-12 00:44:16)

Jade Falcon
+1|6652|Ayr, Scotland
I suppose it could be just that the skies are busy and if the missile gets spoofed by something else, it'll hit something else.

Though it DID seem more prevalent in the earlier patch.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard