Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6758|England

Poncho wrote:

i found a very serious bug, chuy!

you might take a better look at your coding, cause this aint shit!

http://home.wanadoo.nl/h.gaastra/bugje.gif

Thats how long it takes to generate the page isnt it? if thats the case then the new site is faster...
maef
+67|6653|Tulln, Austria
Some minor things I noticed:

The requirements for badges and stuff show the progress bar being at 100% instead of the checkmark.

When I hover over the accuracy for certain weapons, the details don't show up constantly, but just keep on flashing. Can't give you a screenshot of this as it's all some moving-thingy. Furthermore, it doesn't seem to be a problem with certain weapons. The first time I noticed it at the Knife accuracy-stats, then i refreshed and had it happening with AT/AA and Explosives accuracy.

That's all I found out.

PS.: Where have all the fancy graphs gone?
$kelet0r
+16|6652
hmm if it hasnt been already mentioned - the vehicle kd ratios are awfully flattering at the moment
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6809|Cheshire, UK
First thing I noticed is that you have avoided choosing the Jackhammer till the last moment, good man.

Then I tried my own details...  ...I got the expected message of:

Player is not in the database.
You have been placed in the queue for a stats update. You are currently 157th in line.

Wanting to see just how speedy things were I started tapping away on the F5 key.
The very next screen said:

Player is not in the database.
You have been placed in the queue for a stats update. You are currently 0th in line.

That was interesting, never been zeroth in line before

Hit again and page timed out, once more and it loaded.
r09u3
+0|6638
Nice, and Jeez is it fast!
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

since my ISP decided to crap out, i must do stuff at school now, not good

https://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e382/ticongeroga/mmk.gif
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

$kelet0r wrote:

hmm if it hasnt been already mentioned - the vehicle kd ratios are awfully flattering at the moment
What do you mean? Are they wrong somewhere?

@maef -- what browser/platform are you on?

@duffry -- Yes, the first number is a bug, it should have said 0th there too. The "0th" number means you're next. I should change that error then, eh? (The cause for the delay between 0 and updated is that right now the queue "siezes up" for 30 seconds once it's empty -- and with just a single forum topic about it, the queue is empty a lot.)

@all

TTA does appear to be messed up -- looks like i'm doing a bit much rounding on it.

Award display was COMPLETELY recoded, I'll change "met" things back to simple check marks.

Award REQ data is being updated -- I got the "master list" from DICE

Yes, page generation time went down (good thing) by better than a 10x factor. I imagine that margin will fall once the machine is under full load, but it's still much faster. Also, you can't see it, but the queue speed is DRAMATICALLY faster -- not only 12x faster on a single thread, but multithreading actually acts as a multiplier to the update speed now. EG: 2 threads == 2x speed, 3 threads = 3x speed. I tested it all the way up to 20 threads without any noticeable lag in the speed of individual threads. However, running 20 threads made me hit the EA limit of 8 stat queries per second in about 30 seconds

History graphs ARE NOT LOST -- they get their own, snazzy page now. Each stat not only gets the full graph from before, but two NEW graphs of hotness. It's not quite ready yet, but I'll definately be showing it this upcoming weekend.

THANK YOU ALL for your input and help.
Gulf_War_Syndrome
OMG ERYX HAX!
+62|6649|Adelaide, Australia

$kelet0r wrote:

What he means is that the vehicle kill/death ratios are now calculated as (kills + road kills) / deaths, giving an inflated figure.

I prefer the old method, since most of my "road kills" are actually people bailing from vehicles I've shot with AT rockets. I consider them part of my AT rocket kills rather than my tank/helicopter/AA kills etc.

On another note:

I can see the little black bar under my Expert Pistol badge (indicating that I'm eligible to earn it)... but I've already received it.
As others have mentioned, I apparently qualify for the Navy SEALs Special Service Medal, yet I only have one hour as SEALs.

Last edited by Gulf_War_Syndrome (2006-03-20 16:32:13)

Twisted
+0|6583
I prefer the vehicle KDR to include the road kills, a road kill is when you run over someone in a vehicle. The road kills from air vehicles are generally from ramming into vehicles and killing them, or like myself flying low over runways cleaning up multiple people.
skratch-x
+25|6607|NY, USA
I like it :]
A dumb question that could be answered elsewhere - Do IAR requirements have to be fullfilled after all the other requirements or are they kept track of autonomously?
Twisted
+0|6583
IAR must be completed after the timed requirements.
Rizen_Ji
+41|6706|200m out and smiling at you.
lol next rank in

Score: 4,707 of 5,000. At your historical rate, you should earn 293 in 17 days (or 00:00:15 straight).
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6740|AUS, Canberra

chuyskywalker wrote:

Award REQ data is being updated -- I got the "master list" from DICE
sing Hallelujah sing it sing Hallelujah

well that certainly puts the kybosh on the 5hr spec forces ribbon threads!!!!!!!!
thank god.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Twisted
+0|6583
First link is correct and it's working fine here.
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
For me it says:

Avant browser wrote:

Oops, we can't open the web page you requested ...
- Error 404 - The web page you typed in could not be found on the internet.
I'll try with IE, hang on.

Edit: IE don't work. Nor does Firefox.

Help, Admins!

Last edited by Spark (2006-03-20 22:59:09)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6817|North Texas
add a slash on the end of the first link.
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
Ah. Cool. Thanks.
~ Richard Feynman
maef
+67|6653|Tulln, Austria

chuyskywalker wrote:

@maef -- what browser/platform are you on?
Firefox 1.5 on Windows XP SP2.

So, nothing unusual on my set-up I think.
[)r@ke
+16|6622|Indiana
Saw this today....
https://jdbarnhart.iweb.bsu.edu/COD/BF2-Gibson.jpg

The empty line, with 90000 to go is wrong, I know I've already met the 25hr requirement.
Whitegreek
Sniping with the pistol...
+4|6816
Nice work Chuy, just a few things:

1) What is happening with the signatures?

2) Why do I keep coming up as 0th in line and not getting stats?

3) Under some of the badges is a small grey line, what's with that?

4) Will you be replacing the global ranking with a fairer system soon (like k/d ratio + w/l ratio + accuracy divided by three to get either a really good accurate all rounder score or something that bad it'd make you eye bleed, yes I did flunk math).

5) Can you make it so we can pick color theme's for the ranking page, just on our own computer?
maef
+67|6653|Tulln, Austria

Whitegreek wrote:

3) Under some of the badges is a small grey line, what's with that?
That is an indicator to show you which awards you are eligible for, but haven't yet met the IAR requirements.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6756|Bulgaria
looks great!
some bugs (all in the time to next rank):

Next Rank: 2nd Lieutenant

95.53%Score: 57,319 of 60,000. At your historical rate, you should earn 2 in 11 days (or 00:01:02 straight).

I will need 11 days to earn 2 point? eh?

lol ?? fix it PLZ
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6711

Why Are my Enemys Different?

Gibson----
https://img105.imageshack.us/img105/2790/gibson7ro.png

Regular----
https://img130.imageshack.us/img130/1699/regular3yo.png
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
The thing where the flag isn't where it's supposed to be has been fixed so that's pretty good too.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard