barleymeister
+0|6610
good idea or not? the german voices sound so badass, whereas the EU ones sound like little pansy prisses out for a nice prance in the meadow. but more importantly, can it be done without screwing up the game?
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6698|Antarctica
Its always nice to dream
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6840|San Francisco

barleymeister wrote:

good idea or not? the german voices sound so badass, whereas the EU ones sound like little pansy prisses out for a nice prance in the meadow. but more importantly, can it be done without screwing up the game?
If you manually replace the sound files you will not be able to join online servers. Hence, it will screw up your game.
barleymeister
+0|6610

tF-voodoochild wrote:

If you manually replace the sound files you will not be able to join online servers. Hence, it will screw up your game.
but they have the exact same filenames, how could servers tell?
NasmNLH
+6|6641

barleymeister wrote:

but they have the exact same filenames, how could servers tell?
The servers could tell by some sort of one-way hashing algorithm such as MD5 or SHA1.  Or if being more simply/less sophisticated about it by file names and file sizes.
tF-afrojap
+124|6839|SF
Great idea. I doubt it would happen though :\
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6640

NB-CO-DELTA-COMMAND wrote:

*Mod edit* No need for derogatory speech here, no matter if you think it's "funny"
I dont know if you consider yourself as funny but let me give you a hint - you are fucking not funny. thanks

on a sidenote - I dont think they should replace it completly with german voices but some german, some english and some french for example would be cool - after all the european union (and it's army) consists of many different nationalities and I think the game should show this
duka
+0|6619
call me a weirdo, but i grew up in germany and i thought it was funny...
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6767|Hamburg, Germany
Reinstall the game and select Deutsch as language for the installation....
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6686|San Francisco
We need more Italian voices in there as well.  "Heyya! Enemy infantrya spotteda!"
(And yes, I'm Italian, and it would be hilarious)
Hydroion
+67|6615|England
its not a very good idea to joke about nazism.. 6 million jews lost their lives because one man didnt like their kind. so think before you open your mouth.

on a more positive note it would be quite cool to have no more "stereotypical" british voices and they arent even british voices cause we dont speak "posh" anymore... maybe we should ask EA to actually get some proper english, german, french and italian soldiers to voice the euroforce soldiers.. is it just me or does that sound logical? and i would think EA would have at least some logic.. actually maybe not as they dont test things before they release them..
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6728|Houston, TX

*Mod edit* No need for derogatory speech here, no matter if you think it's "funny"
http://forums.bf2s.com/misc.php?action=rules

2. # Refrain from posting messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or are otherwise of questionable content (if you have to ask, the answer is 'No.')

Party foul. The only funny thing about them is shootin' 'em. Associating Germans to that is insulting. I am half German and, it bugs me. I'm hard to offend too.

With the new rules in place you are going to have to start thinking before you post.
NB-CO-DELTA-COMMAND
+6|6645
....dude.... maybe somthing called  your fucking racist to germans then? that was a joke. not ment to be funny. i had Ansester's in the WAFFEN SS . i highly respect them....
$kelet0r
+16|6675

....dude.... maybe somthing called  your fucking racist to germans then? that was a joke. not ment to be funny. i had Ansester's in the WAFFEN SS . i highly respect them....
ORLY?
no one cares - the SS were scum

I would love to hear German voices and language ingame - it would sound awesome for the euroforces and i would be able to understand it
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6728|Houston, TX
They should have done a few different Euro accents for EF and, incorperate them all in game. Meaning instead of all english accents it should be mixed as a representation of the countries.
NB-CO-DELTA-COMMAND
+6|6645
The SS where not scum. . and i realy FREAKING WISH they had german voices.... it sounds like MJ with a gun calling for help (lol)
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6686|San Francisco
Watch it Delta Command.  Consider yourself warned.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard