Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6651
talk about a game that is extremly overrated i couldnt believe how hyped people make this game I look at the reviews and I thought wow I would go out and buy this game  When I got it home and realized that this game has been patched more than dikitana I realized that I was in for a pain in @#$ experience  I started the game up an d got into a menu that looked like it came from the glory days of quake 1 just so far back ago so I thought I would push forward and start playing this game a bit more after 8 minute load time I finally got in and was autoed to a horribly losing team  no biggie so I get in finally and I somehow was able to jump through a wall I also got caught on every object in the map because of the worst clipping probably in games today everyone was raving about the graphics and Im wondering why Seems like alot to ask for in terms of system requirements when it doesnt give it back as far as eye candy i even have a 6800gs sli with a gig of memory and a athlon 64 3200 so why is this game running so badly why did I spend 50 dollars on a game that obviously needed another 3-4 years in developmment i hear that they are coming out with a expansion pack called european forces  I was wondering why though since this game isnt even 65% complete i guess EA has decided to milk the cow before people realize why this game isnt all its cracked up to be granted I bet there are a bunch of people who play this game but you cannot tell me that this does not suffer from the problems i mentioned above or is it that people will defend this game no matter how bad it is I dont know when I play games that are polished like fear and look and play alot better I have to wonder why people would put up with a game that is clearly lazily put together like this one  Before flaming me come back with something that is of some intelligence and with reasoning not something like "your stupid" or your the only person having this problem  I gave you some of my reasons for my rant instead of just saying this game was bad

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-03-15 19:32:03)

Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6705
You may find this page quite informative.

And this belongs in the complaint section. Moving.
Maj.Do
+85|6756|good old CA
well, when i first played i thought it was a crappy game but i got to like it more because i learned how to play it right.  The problems you mentioned, ive never experienced them before.  Also i had a x800Pro which is suppose to be the same in performance and i have ultra quality on and i get like 70-90 fps.  : \ .

also please use paragraphs or something

Last edited by Maj.Do (2006-03-15 21:54:35)

Ratman12
+1|6675|TC Michigan
Worst run-on sentence ever. The English major in me is weeping.  It's funny that you ask for intelligent responses when your rambling doesn't exactly reek of mental superiority itself. Cheers!

Last edited by Ratman12 (2006-03-15 21:04:21)

Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6735|Uhh... erm...
I can't read that! There's a key near your 'Enter' key which creates this sign ---> . <---

Learn to use it.
MelbourneVictory
+2|6650|Melbourne, Australia
Jesus Christ, I ran out of breath 1/4 of the way through that rant. Unfortunately, I passed on because no oxygen was getting to my blood as a result.

But judging on the topic, I'd suggest perhaps blowing it out your arse.
beerface702
+65|6697|las vegas
i disagree with everything u said

daikatana? wtf that was from circa 98 man. good u remebred that game haha

i think you need to honestly just sit down, do some game tweeks to get it running smoothly

also you are right u do get caught on entry points into buildings etc. like it feels lieky our a 300 pound women tryin to get into a door

LOL

it has b een that way since the first BF game. i wish they would fix it

i dont notice it that much in bf2. but its' still there
drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6714|austria
i think ur the first guy i meet that complaines about the style of a gamemenu! gratz!

and btw pplz over 30.000 points LOVE this game! and thats some.....
https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem
=SAS=Teardrop
+0|6635
BF2 rules
IronFerret
+48|6661|Mexico City.
Dude.. i dont even think you get the game.. looks like a "in a rush review" if your heading to be a "game analist" you better think in something else.. all the problems you tell.. are beeing coment be everyone else before.. and bugs are shure nasty.. but i dont think they are ruining my day.. actually i dont have almost any problems with it.. not more problems that i did have with counter strike or another online game..  And shure you need a cool computer to run it.. but thats not gameĀ“s problems you know..
deject
Got His War On
+37|6778|Golden, CO
Hey man, instead of bashing the best multiplayer game since CS, why don't you try some auto-fellatio.  You'd probably get more satisfaction out of that.
HisInfernalDeath
+23|6729|Belgium

Tetrino wrote:

I can't read that! There's a key near your 'Enter' key which creates this sign ---> . <---

Learn to use it.
Right on Tetrino.

Fancy pancy you are a fucking retard.
Talking about intelligence. (sigh!)
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6793|Singapore

No.
NPN_Scorpio
+2|6687|King's Island

Tetrino wrote:

Learn to use it.
Judging from his text the 'Enter' key is not a point of reference he would understand
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6626|Gold coast, Aus.
1: if it takes 8 minutes to load, then woopdydoo for your pc. coz its not as good as you made it sound to be, if it takes that long.

2: if you keep running into everything, then drive straight

3:and i was going to be a smart ass here, but i forgot wat i was going to say.
Terrible_chester
PKM Whore
+16|6640|Prolly on wake.

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

talk about a game that is extremly overrated i couldnt believe how hyped people make this game I look at the reviews and I thought wow I would go out and buy this game  When I got it home and realized that this game has been patched more than dikitana I realized that I was in for a pain in @#$ experience  I started the game up an d got into a menu that looked like it came from the glory days of quake 1 just so far back ago so I thought I would push forward and start playing this game a bit more after 8 minute load time I finally got in and was autoed to a horribly losing team  no biggie so I get in finally and I somehow was able to jump through a wall I also got caught on every object in the map because of the worst clipping probably in games today everyone was raving about the graphics and Im wondering why Seems like alot to ask for in terms of system requirements when it doesnt give it back as far as eye candy i even have a 6800gs sli with a gig of memory and a athlon 64 3200 so why is this game running so badly why did I spend 50 dollars on a game that obviously needed another 3-4 years in developmment i hear that they are coming out with a expansion pack called european forces  I was wondering why though since this game isnt even 65% complete i guess EA has decided to milk the cow before people realize why this game isnt all its cracked up to be granted I bet there are a bunch of people who play this game but you cannot tell me that this does not suffer from the problems i mentioned above or is it that people will defend this game no matter how bad it is I dont know when I play games that are polished like fear and look and play alot better I have to wonder why people would put up with a game that is clearly lazily put together like this one  Before flaming me come back with something that is of some intelligence and with reasoning not something like "your stupid" or your the only person having this problem  I gave you some of my reasons for my rant instead of just saying this game was bad
mix in a few of these into you next rant please:
.   ,   ?  !  '  "  ;   :

Last edited by Terrible_chester (2006-03-17 09:53:25)

polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6793|Singapore

What are those? Squigglies?
Fretzli
+10|6647|Switzerland
iamsobloodycooliuseneitherreturnnorspacesnorpointsbloodyhelli'mdamncool!

I couldn't think of any reason why it should be overrated.
JimKong
+31|6647|Ohio

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Do you think BF2 is overrated?
No
MelbourneVictory
+2|6650|Melbourne, Australia

JimKong wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Do you think BF2 is overrated?
No
Thanks for the input.
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6705|England, UK
BF2 is the best muiltplayer FPS to date. Before that it was CS:Source. Nuff said.

Last edited by General_CoLin_Tassi (2006-03-20 05:06:55)

Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6494|Gogledd Cymru

no tbh
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6583|Columbus, OH
Curious Pollux: After two years of playing BF2, do still think BF2 is overrated?

I thought for sure my brother-in-law would play BF2 since he was in the military, is a cop, and in SWAT,
but he doesn't  care too much for it.
siciliano732
+202|6653|New York

Ratman12 wrote:

Worst run-on sentence ever. The English major in me is weeping.  It's funny that you ask for intelligent responses when your rambling doesn't exactly reek of mental superiority itself. Cheers!
SO TRUE!
']['error
Banned
+630|6648|The Netherlands

Terrible_chester wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

mix in a few of these into you next rant please:
.   ,   ?  !  '  "  ;   :

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard