clssfdlogic
+0|6811|Uijeongbu, South Korea
When I first flew the new chopper, I had some issues with dynamic rollover.  If you turn with your rudder, you need to give the "cyclic" some push in the opposite direction of your turn, else you'll tip right over and blow up (found out the hard way, as I'm sure many others have).  Little too sensitive on that part. 

More importantly, has anyone tried landing?  Holy crap, this thing is EXTREMELY sensitive.  It's not even realistic.  I'm a pretty good pilot (I've got time in an actual TH-67) and this thing can't even take a soft landing without damaging the airframe by at least 25%.  Unbelieveable.  If you ever take damage and need to rearm/repair at base, its best not to land, else you'll blow up.  Gotta hover and make a decent at about a half of a foot per second. 

EA definitely needs to tweak it.  You just can't freaking land it without taking damage.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6761|San Antonio, Texas
I landed (softly) and the heli blew up. Then when I was trying to takeoff after I respawned, it did about 3 flips and blew up...WOW, LOVE the helis....
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6849|San Francisco

I've had no problems landing, though I did flip it on take off the first time or two that I tried flying. These upcoming weeks will be fun watching people try and use the Tiger.
gundemon20
+1|6692|GA
I too found out the hard way.  That thing will flip at the drop of a hat.  I also agree with you on it's hypersensitivity.  It is fast when you fly with a noe approach.
w00tson
+0|6628|Schmuckland

clssfdlogic wrote:

When I first flew the new chopper, I had some issues with dynamic rollover.  If you turn with your rudder, you need to give the "cyclic" some push in the opposite direction of your turn, else you'll tip right over and blow up (found out the hard way, as I'm sure many others have).  Little too sensitive on that part. 

More importantly, has anyone tried landing?  Holy crap, this thing is EXTREMELY sensitive.  It's not even realistic.  I'm a pretty good pilot (I've got time in an actual TH-67) and this thing can't even take a soft landing without damaging the airframe by at least 25%.  Unbelieveable.  If you ever take damage and need to rearm/repair at base, its best not to land, else you'll blow up.  Gotta hover and make a decent at about a half of a foot per second. 

EA definitely needs to tweak it.  You just can't freaking land it without taking damage.
I can land it just fine. Take off is another story, I got a bad habit of turning the chopper to where I want to go before takoff. Leads to disaster with the Tiger. I think the Tiger is fine, good to have something new to learn, not just another version of the cobra.
general_rookie
Get off my lawn, whippersnapper!!
+6|6697
I guess i'll spend some more time on an AA.  shouldnt be too hard to blow up some helis.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6771|AUS, Canberra
I just flew it round then for a while and didnt really find it any different to the mec chopper.
w00tson
+0|6628|Schmuckland

the_heart_attack wrote:

I just flew it round then for a while and didnt really find it any different to the mec chopper.
Look harder
Big differences:
1. The fastes chopper of them all. Cruisin around in 400, reaching 500 easy.
2. Nose drops if you don't compensate.
3. TV guiding single handedly is hard because of the nose drop, but possible.
4. Landing is a bitch. Forget it on rough terrain, be very careful on even surfaces. (Yes, I take back "I can land it just fine" >_<)
5. Rotates slow (don't know if rotate is the right word, A/D on keyboard)
StickyBombs
+8|6758|Sacramento, CA (USA)

clssfdlogic wrote:

Why do you need to land?  You hover over a chopper pad and get repaired and rearmed.
w00tson
+0|6628|Schmuckland

StickyBombs wrote:

Why do you need to land?
To take a piss.

No, seriously, it's easy to bump into things; a tree, the chopper occupying the pad you are refilling at, a building, the ground when you are picking up a co-pilot etc. It's nice to not go up in flames when slightly touching these things with your brand new chopper.
Ballistix5
+36|6776|Forster NSW
LMAO its so funny, I was playing the Gamearena BF2 Euro Force server.
And noobs and Pro's were practically taking turns at flipping it over on take off.

explosions everywhere.
im definitly gonna get some alone practise with it before I play for real in it.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6845|Bryan/College Station, TX
You know while I keep seeing people flipping the chopper, I have to wonder why.  I mean the first time I got into it which was within hours of the Euro Forces release, I noticed it tipped a little on rotation on the pad as I swung around. You know what I did? I STOPPED rotating it and it would go back to normal. I corrected the tipping before it got out of hand. It's called being observant. I had to be shown later that it actually did it because I didn't know after flying it a few times.

I do have to say it's funny watching all these people crash and burn on their take offs over and over again. I even watch the same people get into the heli only to crash it seconds later. Hell I've seen the same people get in over 5 times and do the exact same thing each time. Not to mention they do it and TK about 4 people because there are more people on the helipads than in the map itself. It's like a spectator sport.

Oooo "It's tipping!" oooo  *BOOM!* ahhhhh.
All I need is popcorn and the ability to laugh at them audibly over VOIP.

BTW on Operation Smoke Screen the MEC Mobile AA can park itself on top of the western hills and fire right down at the Helipads. I watched one kill 5 helis in a row as they respawned and attempted to take off. I even spotted the AA for people so they would understand what killed them. Nope they just kept going and dying. So I sat back and watched them all die. Then Artillery came in and killed off the rest. This pretty much happened the entire round until finally a smart Euro Fighter pilot actually went down and bombed the AA.

Yes my team lost but I must say it was entertaining and pathetic at the same time. Not to mention noone wanted to be commander of course. So I sat there as commander watching people die while doing my commander thing. I must say I got a pretty good look at how most people move on these new maps. Where the obvious choke points are, where you need to defend, etc. I learned alot about these new maps just commanding. You should give it a try next time.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Chowley
+1|6687|Ireland
Ya I landed twice last night to pick up a gunner, once on the pad once near the runway, both time i lost about 4 bars of armour with a very gentle landing. Its retarded.
clssfdlogic
+0|6811|Uijeongbu, South Korea

StickyBombs wrote:

Why do you need to land?  You hover over a chopper pad and get repaired and rearmed.
I know that if I'm heavily damaged (I'm usually the engineer kit when I'm flying), I'll land in the middle of nowhere, jump out, and repair the chopper.  But with the sensitivity, that might be difficult.

Last edited by clssfdlogic (2006-03-15 06:19:28)

[BSUS]wishous
+15|6689|Boise, ID

w00tson wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

Look harder
Big differences:
4. Landing is a bitch. Forget it on rough terrain, be very careful on even surfaces. (Yes, I take back "I can land it just fine" >_<)
I can land it just fine, ..weird.

As for rotation, I found it to be a fast rotator, it was extremely easy to flip a 180 when I needed to. Maybe it's my joystick? Who knows.
risson
+17|6768|Wisconsin
I went to some empty servers and ran through all the bases on the new EF pack.  I tried the Tigera and flipped them over as well.  Thought WTF... tried it again, and flipped it over once again.  I'm glad I was testing on empty server so I knew in the game..  don't do this or that.

I also noticed while flying on the empty servers, that if you go from Pilot to Gunner, do it fast because that puppy (Tiger) will take a nose dive faster than you can shoot your TV guided missle.  So you either have to be moving fast or flying up high to get them off and recover from the dive.

Also, the Euro Fighter is a POS..  I think it's definitly out classed by the Mig's on the map.

My $.02

RiSSoN
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6701|England, UK
I think its very good. The nose does pull down, its fragile on landing and it flips over pretty easily but other than that, its fast, turns well and has a good gunner cannon, like the MEC's.
Chowley
+1|6687|Ireland

[BSUS]wishous wrote:

w00tson wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

Look harder
Big differences:

As for rotation, I found it to be a fast rotator, it was extremely easy to flip a 180 when I needed to. Maybe it's my joystick? Who knows.
I think he means using the rudder to turn not banking the heli. Thats a big problem in my opinion its extremely slow to turn.
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6756
What you have to remember is that the Euro-Copter appears only on one map & on that map it is against the Mi-28, so being against a chopper that is just a difficult to manuevre puts the helicopters on a level playing field.
Chowley
+1|6687|Ireland
I find the mi28 far more stable and maneuverable. The only plus the the tiger has (i think) is that its narrower. Oh and its faster .
Lucky it doesnt have to compete with the Z10.

Last edited by Chowley (2006-03-15 10:03:39)

[BSUS]wishous
+15|6689|Boise, ID

Chowley wrote:

[BSUS]wishous wrote:

w00tson wrote:

Look harder
Big differences:

I think he means using the rudder to turn not banking the heli. Thats a big problem in my opinion its extremely slow to turn.
That's what I meant when "rotating, flipping a 180". Wouldn't "flipping a 180" when banking mean going upside down?

LOL.

djmh1986
+0|6620|Gloucestershire
I think its the best helicopter in the game , yes its hard to fly but with a little practise its fine, the hardest part i found was as its so fast its hard to aim lol. i need to practise aiming and attacking while at those speeds.

but yes its the best heli in there , the way it moves is amazing! its my new best friend lol
LuitenantLt.Smash
+0|6684|UK
Maybe EA/Dice are trying to add a little more realism? imo they shouldnt but...... c'est la vie
belikeron
+-1|6634
ROFL im glad im not the only one, I was playing with it in sp lan and i could take off np, but when id land Id get it nice and level touch the ground and boom loop de loop every time, no matter how hard i fought the joystick.

I do like how it flys though, I love going full throttle 10 feet off the ground dodging trees and houses, yea you crash sometimes but man its so much more fun the floatin around like an over weight hornet. THe choppers are accually easier to control the faster they are flying.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard