SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6617
Admin Edit: You DO NOT need a new GameSpy account. Please read this Installation FAQ.

Ok Euro Forces is out. Now the BS starts;

I have created this because i wasted an hour not knowing what was going on

-First you have to download and install EA downloader (I am not sure if you have to create an account with EA to download or not)

-Then go to the website below;
https://account.ea.com/commerce/main.js … p=homepage

-buy the damn thing and start downloading

-while it is downloading create an account with gamespy MAKE SURE YOU CREATE IT WITH YOUR BF2 NAME AND PASSWORD!!!! (website below);
https://login.gamespy.com/login.aspx?r= … 2f&sl=

-install the stupid thing from EA downloader.

I believe that is it..........for some reason in EA's brilliant fashion of nothing going smooth ever, your BF2 name and password are somehow now linked to Gamespy and unless the 2 of these names and passwords are the same you will get an error trying to get into a server playing the new maps.

If I forgot something please note in another post
Thanks
thechanz
+-1|6640
you just type in your bf2 id when it asks for gamespy id. That what i did and it works, and also if you made a mistake, you can always change the id after installing euro forces
Parambulator
+0|6715
FFS I already HAD an account on gamespy, and I have no idea how it works.. I cant change or fuck up anything, It already is fucked up, fucking stupid fuck ars fucking EA. fuck them!
Parambulator
+0|6715
how can I get it to work :S someone?
Buzerk1
+44|6829
I did what SGT_Dicklewicz said and it fixed for me. BTW even when I entered my BF2 user account in the "GameSpy" field I had an error from EA. I went and "updated" my GameSpy account and I was able to finish buying it...
Neoboy
+0|6619
Here's my story:

Well when I originally made an account for my vanilla BF2 I used [email protected] email address and I then picked the name neoboy14051987. When I downloaded the ea downloader this morning I managed to log in with the neoboy14051987. When I was making the purchase through BT thing (since EA ****ed up with solo cards and issue numbers) it asked me for my gamespy ID so I put the [email protected] hence this is what I used to log into gamespy website. I restarted the downloader and it started downloading. Now every time I click on play button it starts BF2, but once I try to join EF it says that I need to buy EF despite maps being in my create server option. When I click edit gamespy name thing in downloader I enter my BF2 log on name and it takes me to the site saying neoboy@indystart is my email and so on.

Any ideas?
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6706|Norway
^^ x2

Oops - never mind, fixed now.. Changed my gamespy nick to the one I have in-game, worked wonders (remember case-sensitivity)

Happy Gaming!

Last edited by Friluftshund (2006-03-14 16:12:23)

Pleiam
+5|6628
My problem was that when i logged into Gamespy's web site it only showed two ids that I signed up with and not the one I use when I play BF2. Somehow I was able to go into my Gamespy account using the email I signed up with and edited the account name to my BF2 id.

Now my question is, When you log into BF2 shouldn't there be unlocks available at your BFHQ?

Edit: This link answers my question about Euro unlocks  http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=16355

Last edited by Pleiam (2006-03-14 21:17:33)

SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6617
In EA downloader,on that same screen where you click to "play game" there is a link to edit gamespy Nickname or something, that is where you need to click and edit your player name. MAKE SURE IT IS THE NAME YOU PLAY WITH!

No Unlocks in game, just Euro weapons to use when you play as them (as far as I can tell)

Last edited by SGT_Dicklewicz (2006-03-14 16:16:23)

Reaver178
+0|6611
anyone know how to fix this http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5394/ffsea6cw.png because its driving me freaking nuts
ZTerminator-UnF-
+3|6806
This is complete B.S.

Gamespy has a login and ID 2 seperate things.

Well with all this confusion I changed my name 3 times. Now I have to wait a week to change it again...

Sent EA a support ticket... if they don't fix it by tomorrow I am charging back my card.
Buzerk1
+44|6829

Reaver178 wrote:

anyone know how to fix this http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5394/ffsea6cw.png because its driving me freaking nuts
EA support my friend... this is some major wierd stuff that you have there.
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6644|The Netherlands
I read it to late. I gave my Game spy ID : my normal game name.
but I changed the password. Now i cant loggin to my account.... How screwed am I? :S
bigdawg927
+0|6607
Any help here would be appreciated.

I downloaded Euro Force so I could get the new sniper, while I had a weapon unlock available.  It won't let me unlock it though.  Do I need SF, or what?

Thanks
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6706|Norway
Yes, they are SF weapons, calling them EF weapons is misguiding becasue, while they do use them there, you need SF to unlock them (since SF is expansion, and EF is a booster)

So you need to go ahead and get SF, or have a buddy with SF play a few minutes with your account (not recommended tho )
bigdawg927
+0|6607
Thanks Buddy

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard