Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6719|Madrid, Spain
This is the EA downloader FAQ copied and pasted from the EA forums, I hope it helps you

1. EA Downloader
http://downloader.ea.com

2. Support article, "What is The EA Downloader?"
http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/ph … aqid=11083

---
Steps to purchase/download:
1. Use your ea.com account to login and purchase. You don't have to make a new one if you have one already. Pogo accounts or any ea.com account works fine. - your ea.com is not your bf2 account.

2. When purchasing it will ask you for your BF2 login nickname. Just enter the nick you want to apply EF to. You can change it later if you change your mind. This is sometimes called the GameSpy nickname or the BF2 nickname. Same difference. For example, if you play BF2 as Shawn then enter Shawn (not email) in the double field that asks for your GameSpy Nickname. Your GameSpy nickname is your BF2 name.

3. Download using the downloader. Make sure you don't have your downloader logged into a second different ea.com account. I did that without noticing and thought I broke it.

4. Click install in the downloader when it is ready.

5. Play the game normally. You don't need the downloader open, running or even installed at this point.

---
Q: Does the EAD need to be installed or running in order for me to play Euro Force?
A: No.

Q: Does the EAD send my personal system information back to EA? Like spyware?
A: No.

Q: I don't have a credit card, how can I buy Euro Force?
A: We partner with the Click & Buy service to provide a myriad of other payment options. See http: //clickandbuy. com for the full list. You'll see the Click & Buy logo option when purchasing, just follow the instructions there.

Q: When will the EA Downloader be patched to support IE 7.0?
A: This is planned for closer to when 7.0 is standard for the public. Update coming soon. Until this is updated users will likely see a core.exe error when they try to use the EAD.

Q: I get a "Core Error"?!
A: This is caused by using Internet Explorer 7, which is not yet supported.

Q: Can I make a backup copy for my own use after I download?
A: Yes. The default location the downloaded files go to is C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Downloader\cache\accountn ame\. Inside there you will see folders or files for what you wish to backup.

Q: Is there a limit to the number of times I can download/install?
A: No. Once purchased you can install and download at your leisure.

Q: I uninstalled a game, but the EAD still says "Play Game" instead of "Download Now"?
A: If you do not uninstall correctly your PC will still show the software installed and the EAD will falsely think you still have it also. To insure accurate uninstalls use the Add/Remove Programs option in the Control Panel. If you are stuck in this state please contact customer support at http://support. ea.com.

Q: Download rates are slow!
A: The EAD teams is continually improving the efficiency and rate of downloads. Those who used the EAD in the past will likely see an improvement in rates now.

Q: Can my friend buy a game for me on the EAD?
A: The only way to do this would be for your friend to login with your ea.com account. They could then buy the title and logout. Then when you login to the EAD later the title would be available for download. Do not do this with anyone you don't completely trust for obvious reasons.

Q: Do I have to create a special EA or GameSpy account to get Euro Force?
A: No. Log into your ea. com account and when you buy EF you will be asked which nickname you are entitling. If you use more than one ea.com account on your PC make certain you buy it with the same one you want to download it with.

Q: How many times can I change the GameSpy nick associated with my EF purchase?
A: You can change your Gamespy nickname up to 3 times per week.

Q: I encounter an install error at Great Wall Client.zip
A: Go to C: \Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Downloader\cache\accountn ame\. You should see the EF file you downloaded. Move it out of there, or delete it. Then redownload EF. Unfortunately, until we track down this issue this is the only workaround.
andyman99008
+3|6619|Ireland
OMG! I JUST BOUGHT EURO FORCE FROM EA.. and guess what its telling me to buy it from their website when i try and play a euro force map!! PLS! someone tell me im doing something wrong and its not just ea f#'#ing it up again!!

Last edited by andyman99008 (2006-03-15 11:24:17)

DSL-BEN
+-1|6624
If I have more then 1 user account on BF2, and I've already downloaded and installed EF, how can I play with my 2nd user account on EF??? 

I tried to do this last night, but EF won't recognize the other user account, even though I already paid and downloaded the game.  Or do I have to pay again and register the 2nd account too, and do the whole process again???

Can anyone please verify this for me???

Thanks
Breadman
+27|6725|Southern New Jersey
For anyone having problems changing your BF2 account name with ea downloader. When you enter your BF2 name and you get account name already in use DON'T TRY ENTERING IT AGAIN STOP! . And call this number
877-643-7304 it is EA downloader tech support. They can fix the problem with your bf2 account name allready in use. If you have tried all 3 times you'll have to wait till monday to get it correct.  If you have to wait  when monday comes don't try changing your name call ea and let them do it. This is what I was told to do by tech support guy.
Soldier-Of-Wasteland
Mephistopheles
+40|6648|Land of the Very Cold
Okay.. one Q&A was -> Q: Can my friend buy a game for me on the EAD?

the answer is fine but I need a bit more info... Does he has to buy and download euro Force on MY computer, or can he do it at HIS home, put it on CD, and then me installing it on my PC...

Or, simpler, does the buying and downloading of EF has to be done on the same computer that will actually run the game ?
maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6770
when you fill all your information and credit card stuff, how long takes the file to download  (more or less)and is show in the bfd? or downloader jus appears when is already done?
please i need to know im kind of paranoid
orngechevy
+0|6737|San Diego
Q: I encounter an install error at Great Wall Client.zip
A: Go to C: \Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Downloader\cache\accountn ame\. You should see the EF file you downloaded. Move it out of there, or delete it. Then redownload EF. Unfortunately, until we track down this issue this is the only workaround.

This shit isnt working i uninstaled i deleted the files i dumped the temp files redownloaded it three times now AHHHHHHG

Last edited by orngechevy (2006-03-15 22:23:30)

Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6719|Madrid, Spain

maton wrote:

when you fill all your information and credit card stuff, how long takes the file to download  (more or less)and is show in the bfd? or downloader jus appears when is already done?
please i need to know im kind of paranoid
you will be emailed the confirmation, telling you that you have bought the game. then, go back to EAD to see your game ready for download. In case it is not, close it and open again (this happened to me). So once your credit card number has been typed, it takes less than a minute to start downloading.
dackel
+1|6660
i would suggest including my guide to install ef with win 2000

dackel wrote:

yesterday i got the downloaded ef from my colleague.

It works.

First download and install the downloader as suggested in package.

then start the downloader on an xp machine.

after downloading the files an automatic install of ef will run (bf2 or not).

after this there is a folder containing various files and a setup.exe.

run setup and tata...

EF IS RUNNING.

donĀ“t ask me too much questions, my colleague figured everything out and used a variety of my gamespy-ids and ea-accounts to finish all this.

have fun and we see us on the battlefield.
DSRTurtle
+56|6677

andyman99008 wrote:

OMG! I JUST BOUGHT EURO FORCE FROM EA.. and guess what its telling me to buy it from their website when i try and play a euro force map!! PLS! someone tell me im doing something wrong and its not just ea f#'#ing it up again!!
I'm having something similar.  I get a message saying I have to install it. 

I installed it yesterday after downloading it.  Today I reinstalled it, then reinstalled the full 1.21 patch.  No change. 

WTF is up with this? 

This is why I prefer CDs and DVDs for installing software.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6612|Mhz

This EA downloader bollocks is a bit of a farce really isnt it... in the time its taken half the people to sort out this chronic mess they could have walked to their local game shop and bought the feckin thing on disk... hardly the conveniance they promised
maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6770
thanks for the help strato, as you said, just need to log out and then log in.
slain69
+0|6609
SO has anyone answered the problem about Euroforces
I too downloaded it and installed and when I try to connect to a server sayes you need to install euroforces ??
I have a few times and still nothing I also saved it to a disc from the ea installer directory .
So what do we have to do to get the game working no reply from ea yet either
Please someone come up with the goods
Bit annoying when this happens and we don't know what to do
please help
slain69
+0|6609
WELL i READ THE ANSWER TRIED IT AND IT WORKED
Easiest way is to bring up the ea installer and edite your gamespy name part
the info screen comes up put  in the name including tags that you log into your bf2 game eg
my ea was  adslainad but logged into bf2 with [ob]slain69
changed them both (on the ea installer edite gamespy name)   to [ob]-slain69 and I was straight into a euroforce game this was thanks to FAR
andyman99008
+3|6619|Ireland
i tried renaming that to my bf2 name but it still says the same thing!
slain69
+0|6609
so what name is your gaming tag that you log into the ea when you try to join a normal bf2 server
should be the same name that comes up on the ea installer
I changed mine so that all are the same and it worked
click here and read Far
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=17748
sumpy
+0|6717
Hello out there inthe land of much frustration, have you seen the bare faced cheeck of those EA W*****s,

"Speaking of negative feedback, we are aware that a small number of people are experiencing issues with the EA downloader. With that, and because we value your loyalty, we are investigating every customer service ticket we get. Here are some of the issues at hand."

Who are they trying to kid and as yet no feedback as a result of my e-mails, come on EA buck your ideas up before you lose what appears on the face of it to be a reasonably loyal game playing public.

There are other on-line games out there.
Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6719|Madrid, Spain

slain69 wrote:

SO has anyone answered the problem about Euroforces
I too downloaded it and installed and when I try to connect to a server sayes you need to install euroforces ??
I have a few times and still nothing I also saved it to a disc from the ea installer directory .
So what do we have to do to get the game working no reply from ea yet either
Please someone come up with the goods
Bit annoying when this happens and we don't know what to do
please help
I think I know what happened here. You have logged in (as always) with your usual BF2 nickname as you started the game. But it tells you to buy the game because when you were asked to introduce your gamespy account during the buying process, you submitted another one (not the one you just logged in as you tried to play online). Try to log in (in the game) with the other account and password and I think you will be able to play EF. You want your original nickname? A new updte of EAD is ready with a new feature : you can change your gamespy name 10 times a week. So log in the EAD with the gamespy account you used to buy the game, and then just change it. It might work. I haven't experienced any kind of issues during the whole process, so I can't tell, but sounds like the game you bought (E. Forces) is somehow associated with the gamespy account you submitted when you were filling the forms with your credit card number and all the stuff. Good Luck!
andyman99008
+3|6619|Ireland
ok this is wat i did: i went on ea website to download ef...then i could not remember my account so i created a new one..i put in all my details and downloaded ef with ead..i am logged into ead with andyman99008p but my bf2 name is andyman99008 :S but all of a sudden i remembered the account that i have andyman99008 as but i dont have ef in that account..does this make sense?? anyway since i have ef downloaded with andyman99008p does that mean i have to download it again with my original one(andyman99008)..Btw i have changed gamespy accunt name to andyman99008 numerous times!! any help would be Very much appreciated!! Ur confused and annoyed NOOB!!
Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6719|Madrid, Spain

andyman99008 wrote:

ok logged into ead with andyman99008p
When you log into ead, you have to use your EA account, not your gamespy (game) account, so dont worry how you log into ead, just remember which gamespy account you used to buy the game
orngechevy
+0|6737|San Diego
so not only is EA not helping but they just sent me an E-Mail that how they told me to contact them is no longer valid here is the response i got from EA

Suggested Answer
Our support processes have changed recently and we no longer accept email sent directly to this email address. Please read the following information carefully to understand our new processes:

If you need assistance from Electronic Arts, please visit the updated online support site at http://support.ea.com. There you can find a knowledgebase with thousands of Answers to commonly asked questions. You can also submit a question to our support representatives from that website.
If you have difficulty logging into the new support site please refer toAnswer 10912 for some tips on using the login feature.
If you were attempting to respond to an incident you submitted to our support system prior to 9/27/05, please refer to the following Answer 10914 for information on reopening that issue.

motherF***ers I love this game but i dont know how much i can take
Porterhouse
+1|6664
Took a few minutes but followed the directions got it to work thanks
andyman99008
+3|6619|Ireland
ok i got mine working..here is a link to a thread i just posted:
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=18242

hopefully it helps someone!

Last edited by andyman99008 (2006-03-17 02:05:04)

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6833|Cologne, Germany

Soldier-Of-Wasteland wrote:

Okay.. one Q&A was -> Q: Can my friend buy a game for me on the EAD?

the answer is fine but I need a bit more info... Does he has to buy and download euro Force on MY computer, or can he do it at HIS home, put it on CD, and then me installing it on my PC...

Or, simpler, does the buying and downloading of EF has to be done on the same computer that will actually run the game ?
no. I am a Win2000 user so I couldn't use the EAD on my rig. I downloaded the game on my brother's XP machine, using my EA.com account and my BF2 account name. the latter is important, since the EF file you download will be "branded" to the BF2 account name you specified.

When the download was complete, I burned the relevant folders on a cd and installed it on my rig from there.
sumpy
+0|6717
What a way of getting an enhancement to an established game.  Finally got it to work.
The other thing i'm unhappy about is the way that the original game allows you to create
multiple profiles, as did BF2:SF, yet the booster pack requires you to pay for each profile.
Blatant profiteering.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard