F.Rabshaw
+37|6674
about changing the gamespy accout name to the same as I play through the downloader. It is entered exactly "F.Rabshaw". All my friends had the same problem. Then they fixed that and they can play, however, I still can't.  I'm pretty mad right now after paying the money and not getting naything for it.
R.Rabshaw
+1|6671
Sorry dude, everyone is too busy PLAYING EURO FORCES WOOHOOOO!!!!!one!!1!shift+1!!
[NTHW]LemonyBrainAid
Karma whore
+27|6614

R.Rabshaw wrote:

Sorry dude, everyone is too busy PLAYING EURO FORCES WOOHOOOO!!!!!one!!1!shift+1!!
ROFL PWNED!!!
F.Rabshaw
+37|6674
*cuts own writsts*
-=88.dNk.88=-
+3|6740|UK
EA UK Support have said that no-one should be able to play it, but some (seems a lot too me) have been able to, they're not sure why. But it'll work tomorrow, when the game actually is released. The support guy said EA US are looking into why some people have been able to play it.

I'm gonna be pissed if it doesn't work tomorrow though.
F.Rabshaw
+37|6674

-=88.dNk.88=- wrote:

EA UK Support have said that no-one should be able to play it, but some (seems a lot too me) have been able to, they're not sure why. But it'll work tomorrow, when the game actually is released. The support guy said EA US are looking into why some people have been able to play it.

I'm gonna be pissed if it doesn't work tomorrow though.
so youre having the same problem?
warco3
+1|6720|Orlando, FL
What do you mean when the game is actually released? IT WAS RELEASED. It asked us to download then it gave the option to PLAY IT. Some of us CAN'T play. I sure hope it works tomorrow because I'm pissed off enough as it is.
F.Rabshaw
+37|6674
nevermind... I had to reinstall everything.
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6727|Houston, TX
Go to the EA help section at their forum. Something about uninstalling IE7 and rebooting your comp.
-=88.dNk.88=-
+3|6740|UK

F.Rabshaw wrote:

nevermind... I had to reinstall everything.
But did it work after that?

I reinstalled patch 1.21, then ea downloader, and the damn program still says ready to play!
I hate EA so much, if its not working by tomorrow at 7pm when i get free local calls I'm gonna kick off with the phone support person.
R.Rabshaw
+1|6671
He reinstalled and repatched the whole game. Works fine now.
-=88.dNk.88=-
+3|6740|UK
I have uninstalled bf2 completely, reinstalled, repatched (1.21 full), and then redownloaded and installed Euro Force, still not working. I then phoned EA Support UK, where they said they are seeing this problem a lot. Even in their office. The EA Support guy said asked me to email him all my details, and they EA UK Support are going to send all the information over to EA US, who are going to look into the problem later today he said 4pm (GMT). I will post an update here if I get one back from them.

Note: I have changed my EA account information as noted in posts here, the EA UK support guy said that, that has worked for 90% of people getting this error but there are still loads of problems.

Note if this is happening to you too, you're not alone. - Will post with update, asap.
-=88.dNk.88=-
+3|6740|UK
now ef is messing up even more stuff... look at this screen i took.

https://x11.putfile.com/3/7310014560-thumb.jpg

note the update message & stop button. ok it doesn't affect performance but it shows that something is def. not going right.

Last edited by -=88.dNk.88=- (2006-03-15 08:03:30)

Unitedsas
+0|6632
erm i done all the stuff but when i try to play it says i havnt purchased it
-=88.dNk.88=-
+3|6740|UK
Yep thats the error i get... looks like this...

https://x11.putfile.com/3/7215200141-thumb.jpg

Have you done the nickname change thing, if you have a different login to your original login, if not do that see other posts, otherwise EA are supposed to be looking into and I will post when i get a reply or some news on a fix. I am gonna phone them friday if nothing is fixed and no reply by then.
pfc_toecutter
meatshield
+38|6610|Houston, TX
Have y'all tried THREATINING your computer?  Seems to have worked for me.

"So help me ... if I have to jump through one more hoop!"
{CN}420
+30|6669

staticblue wrote:

Go to the EA help section at their forum. Something about uninstalling IE7 and rebooting your comp.
Hehe, IE. Firefox owns all.
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol
+63|6659|Sydney, Australia
im getting the same problem, fucking annoying as shit
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6739|The United Center
i had the same problem.  read the ea bf2 boards.  log in to gamespy using your ea downloader account, then edit your gamespy id to your bf2 account.
-=88.dNk.88=-
+3|6740|UK

ThomasMorgan wrote:

i had the same problem.  read the ea bf2 boards.  log in to gamespy using your ea downloader account, then edit your gamespy id to your bf2 account.
Yeah that still doesn't work, as I've noted above that fixes the problem for some people but not all!
I still haven't heard anything back from EA about this, damn them, they're so annoying.
I.C.F.
+2|6635
i rang the support uk support line toay at 16:00 gmt and they have shut it down!!!!! what a bunch of w*****s
-=88.dNk.88=-
+3|6740|UK
wtf you must be joking! That is totally out of order.

Well i've now submitted a question asking them first to fix it, and secondly for an explanation of why they've closed their UK call centre, as well as my original email that the EA UK Support guy told me to send him.

When i submitted it just now, I got this standard note saying "You should receive a response from us by e-mail within 2 working days." lets see if thats true, even though it better be before then!

Screenshot of standard Msg:
https://x11.putfile.com/3/7413315860-thumb.jpg

Last edited by -=88.dNk.88=- (2006-03-16 11:32:49)

M|STJimBob
+5|6609|Hayward,Ca.
i had same problem called 877-643-7304 and they help me.   

1, log in the downloader with the name you used 

2. when u open downloader it will say play game.

3 change user name by edit.

4. u have to log in with same name u downloaded .

5, enter password then change the name that u use for bf2. thats it.

the guy told me u can change 10 times due to the problems people have had this week. hope this helps
ArkAng37
+1|6836|San Antonio, TX
Wat is the problem that some of yall have?
-=88.dNk.88=-
+3|6740|UK

M|STJimBob wrote:

i had same problem called 877-643-7304 and they help me.   

1, log in the downloader with the name you used 

2. when u open downloader it will say play game.

3 change user name by edit.

4. u have to log in with same name u downloaded .

5, enter password then change the name that u use for bf2. thats it.

the guy told me u can change 10 times due to the problems people have had this week. hope this helps
Sorry but read the post, this has been tried and still doesn't work for some people. Including me, please no-one else post that fix because its not a fix for me & quite a few others.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard