Sandriatinhi
+15|6649|Apeldoorn, Holland
I prefer the G36c over the L85A1, cause of the accuracy.
Especially on middle to long ranges the L85A1 only works on single shot.
When i play medic, i usually play with the AK-101. The damage is higher and i like the sound and the looks more than the unlock!
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6582|England

Sandriatinhi wrote:

I prefer the G36c over the L85A1, cause of the accuracy.
Especially on middle to long ranges the L85A1 only works on single shot.
When i play medic, i usually play with the AK-101. The damage is higher and i like the sound and the looks more than the unlock!
QFE
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6523
m4/ak-101 ftw
Delphy
+45|6586|Bristol, UK
Just what. There is no contest. The L85A1 is horrendously innacurate, maybe a bit stronger that the 36, but doesn't matter when you can't hit anything with it. The G36C is the best all-round gun in the game, very accurate, strong enough. I hate picking up the L85A1, it makes me vomit.
zer0fus10n
+14|6513

TheDoctor wrote:

G36C is my choice of weapon. its very accurate when it has the 3 shots mode on while ironsighted.
The G36C Dosnt have burst it has auto and single shot, the G36E has burst thats what you mean? thats the medic unlock
skratch-x
+25|6638|NY, USA

GhostStalker0 wrote:

Ive used the L85A1 occasionally, what pisses me off is the inaccracy during prone, but its not much of a factor. I prefer the G36E of the L85, but AK-101 above all else.
It's annoying, but for mid range it's awesome that crouch is just as accurate as prone; you can just squat down and pop people without proning.
Doggehspike
~Ð~
+41|6494
I always use the L85A1, it's good at long range all you need to do is aim at the feet and shoot up three bursts.
It's really good at getting one shot kills too, but the only down side is when there more than one person in front of you, where the AK can probably take most of them down the L85 freaks out and shoots at the roof or some dumb stuff.
Boots
+17|6541|PA

IronGeek wrote:

The L85 on single shot is a quick fire semi Auto sniper rifle.  and then you get healing as well.
Can you hit a KILL a sniper with that gun in under 10-15 rounds with that gun @ 200+ M?

No.

G36c Owns the L8 for distance, and addeded deviation per shot on full auto.

G36c is the better gun, by far.
Doggehspike
~Ð~
+41|6494
Boots, you can kill a sniper from long range in just a couple of bullets if you know how to use the gun.
Go on a full server and practice with the L85, you'd be surprised what it can do.
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6644|can
L85? Who needs that? All basic medic wepaons are 10x better than that.
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6740

CinnamonBits wrote:

Okay, could someone who has had experience with both of these weapons please tell me which one they prefer and why?  I mean, I know one core reason for choosing an upgrade is the kit but I like Spec Ops and Medic equally.

I've read the stats on the L85A1 and the G36C and it seems that the L85A1 is superior.  If so, why do I see so many people with the G36C and not that many with the L85A1?  Is it the weapon or the kit?
I havent had a unlock in over 6 months it seems
FHS01
+2|6436|Nottingham
TriggerHappy998, is so right, anyone that says the L85 is crap long range needs to get better at BF2 end of story. On single shot you can pop people off easy.
Aenima_Eyes
+20|6653
WHatever G36 that unlocks as the medic weapon. . .C or G. . .it is teh uber.  It only has 3-shot burst and single shot. . .at least me using it to get almost all my points I've never figured out another setting for it.  It is accurate as hell until you start getting far out from your target.  At extreme distance you can STILL snipe people, it just take a few volleys because of the iron sights.  I consistenly pop people on Jalala, Wake, etc. from far away with it. 

The ONLY two downsides are 1) Iron sights and 2) It blows when you've got like 6 bullets left in your clip and some G3 whore or PKM whore comes around a corner and you nail him twice and it doesn't kill and you run outta ammo because of the 3-shot burst.....
Slickfish
+24|6625
They are both good mate!!!
L85A1 is however one of my fav weapons along with the G3.
BattlefieldMedic
+25|6602|Sydney City, THE city.

Delphy wrote:

There is no contest. The L85A1 is horrendously innacurate.
You must be doin' some serious lag there...

I think theyre both great. L85AI probably works on maps like Wake- it's a more supportive weapon, for picking off guys at a distance and covering your friends.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6794

Aenima_Eyes wrote:

WHatever G36 that unlocks as the medic weapon. . .C or G. . .it is teh uber.
That would be the "E" then.  C is spec-ops.  MG36 is support.  K is SAS spec-ops on Special Forces, I think.

http://wiki.bf2s.com/weapons ftw!
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6657|The View From The Afternoon

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Wow, I don't know what you all are smoking, but the L85 is much more accurate at long ranges than the G36c. With my L85 I consistantly hit and kill people who are just inside my draw range! No way that is possible with the G36... especially with that large chunky sight.

Those are my only two unlocks, I use them both constantly.

The G36 is weaker, but the advantage comes with the fact that it has minimal kick compared to every other gun in the game so you can shoot accurately and quickly.
False. Doesn't sound like you've used the G36C in single shot from long range. It's more accurate and deadly than the PKM before they nerfed it. L85 doesn't stand a chance unless you'll be going in close quarters.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6465|A W S M F O X
It depends, L85A1 is a great gun, if you know how it works properly, whereas G36E is just reliably awesome, its accurate, good damage, great ROF, and looks okay too. I actually prefer AK101 to all of them, but G36E is pure ownage, in anyones hands. Its a very Keep It Simple Stupid kind of gun, whereas L85 and AK101 require knowledge of how to use it effectively.
Abstinuous
+33|6432
If you want to kill pple G36C, if u need to stat whore, be a medic and use the M4 on burst. 2-3 quick shots around the neck or head and boom HS. my 1st unlock was L85, and G36 was my 4th, and when i got it I hit head against the wall.

L85: single shot only, 2x zoom ,and snipe. that's all i use it for.  Unless u like to outline enemy soldiers with bullets, switch to auto and spray and pray, u'll need a whole clip to kill some1 most of the times

G36: best unlock for bf2, single or auto , long or short range, u'll get 2-3 kills per clip. definitely this unlock.

the best solution is to buy SF and unlock G36E and I promise u this will be the only kit/weapon u'll play for a while lol ... whores
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6654
G36C. Far easier to use than the l85. Just like the m16.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Kanye North
randy
+80|6466

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

the G36C is more accurate, but weaker. the L85A1 is stronger but less accurate.
I like the stock SpecOps and Medic guns better than the unlocks.
Shopvac
If it doesn't say shop-vac keep shopping!
+25|6541|Grand Rapids, MI
I like the G series of guns the best. I like the C better than the L85, and I like the E better than the ScarL for the same reason. They are better in tight places. Because they are compact you can turn and shoot better with the shorter muzzle (IMO).

As far as accuracy goes, that argument is going to come down to taste. I've run out of ammo and started sniping people with pistols. Anything is accurate if you let yourself line up your shot correctly. Remember the BF2 Vid. "There's no wind." Just aim at your target.

I suppose a lot of this will be mute when 2142 comes out, but it's a fun argument any way.

Verdict: It comes down to personal taste, just have fun shooting people.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6654
both the g36c and l85 are very accurate guns, but some are far less reliable. Like the AK at long range.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
senor_fulff
+25|6761|Yorkshire, UK.

Boots wrote:

Can you hit a KILL a sniper with that gun in under 10-15 rounds with that gun @ 200+ M?

No.

G36c Owns the L8 for distance, and addeded deviation per shot on full auto.

G36c is the better gun, by far.
Erm... yes. single shot to the head = death to all.

G36C is the finest spec ops gun but just not powerful enough to kill in 1 headshot.

To sum up, both great guns but G36C is a better inprovement over standard. However, if you are US L85A1 is huge improvement over M16A2 and I prefer it to G36E. Silly burst fire.....
Diogenese
Philosopher King
+16|6596|New York State, USA

[mcp]eltorrente wrote:

The G36C IS MOST CERTAINLY more accurate than the L85.  C'mon people, if you think otherwise than you just haven't given the G36C a chance, perhaps because of it's iron sight.

The L85 has an excellent zoom, but the fact is that it DOES spread the bullets around more than the G36C.

If you put the G36C on semi-auto, and experiment with it and learn it's sight - you'll be shocked at how accurate it is.  Definetly the most accurate gun outside of the sniper rifles.  In fact, with the G36C I swear I can hit anyone that I can see - no matter how far.  People get turned off by the iron sight, and assume that therefore it can't be as accurate.  Sometimes I feel like it is so good at long range that it is just unfair.
I would agree w/ most of this. The G36C is a nice tight weapon. It does hit its mark, unlike the L85 which can get a little squirlly in full auto. If you like to lay down and pick guys off sniper style, get the L85. If you like to run around and have a very accurate, trustworthy, all around assault rifle, get the G36C; it and its partner, the G36E, are my favorite weapons in the game.
Oh, and the burst fire of the G36E is awesome. It allows for nice tight grouping of rounds. In Karkand style firefights it is a great gun. I routinely take out other players with it in head to head I shoot you, you shoot me showdowns. Two pulls of the trigger and the are down, where their full autos get squirlly and spray around me. Keep calm and squeeze 'em off.

Last edited by Diogenese (2006-09-20 10:31:33)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard