CinnamonBits
Sniper Cat
+1|6765
Okay, could someone who has had experience with both of these weapons please tell me which one they prefer and why?  I mean, I know one core reason for choosing an upgrade is the kit but I like Spec Ops and Medic equally.

I've read the stats on the L85A1 and the G36C and it seems that the L85A1 is superior.  If so, why do I see so many people with the G36C and not that many with the L85A1?  Is it the weapon or the kit?
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6804
the G36C is more accurate, but weaker. the L85A1 is stronger but less accurate.
I like the stock SpecOps and Medic guns better than the unlocks.
Buzerk1
+44|6807
I just unlocked the G36C... so far so good... I picked this one as I mostly play Spec Ops. It's a killer on semi-auto and very stable on full auto. You can't go wrong with this one if you play Spec Ops a lot.
IronGeek
One Shot, One Kill
+4|6764|Canberra, Australia
The L85 on single shot is a quick fire semi Auto sniper rifle.  and then you get healing as well.
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6808
I've used both, and they are both really nice.  The G36C is a nail driver on full auto, but lacks the long range that the L85A1 has.  I happen to like the L85A1 a little better since I would rather that the target of my agression not be able to shoot back or even know that I was there.
US|dirtysouth
purple sticky punch
+0|6785|englewood FL.

Burning_Monkey wrote:

I've used both, and they are both really nice.  The G36C is a nail driver on full auto, but lacks the long range that the L85A1 has.  I happen to like the L85A1 a little better since I would rather that the target of my agression not be able to shoot back or even know that I was there.
i agree
chani666
+0|6773
m8s ur talking crap...

the L85 is crap at range compared to the G36C... true its weak... but set it to single shot and aim for the head... in longrange u can easily compete with snipers (cept M95 maybe)
the L85 is just too inaccurate and draws alot of the target... granted I didnt unlock it myself but a friend of mine did.

The G36C is just the most superior weapon around there (if you have accuracy with it like 28-32%) on the other side PKMs and support weapons own u easily in close range if you forget to set it on auto which is likely in the heat of the battle...
Rakasan
+7|6807|California, USA
I am dissappointed in myself for unlocking the L85A1, I should have got the G3 .  For me, its long range shots sucks compared to G36C.   But the L85A1's short range is nice.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6814|Bryan/College Station, TX
See this is an interesting debate.

I have used both weapons over the course of my time on BF2. More and more I have had experience firing the
L85A1 due to my new practice of picking up dead medic kits and reviving the medic. Of course then I have their kit and because most of them unlock the L85A1 I get to use it.  As for the G36C, it was my first unlock because my first kit I played almost all the time was Spec Ops. So my verdic...

G36C is a superior all around weapon. When it comes to fighting, running, going prone and shooting at medium range and then quickly getting into a close combat situation, I have found that the G36C is superior.

However...

When it comes to a support role in which I am covering people or I am going to be at medium range quite a bit then I find that I like the L85A1 better. I find that my shots find their mark more often and its also easier to see.

Now.. is one more accurate than the other? I actually don't think so. I believe that the L85A1 has a superior Zoom sight which is one thing I dislike about the Iron sights of the G36C. Over time I got used to them and can shoot rather well now. But I mean come on EA/DICE.. was putting a better sight on the gun that much more work?

If the G36C had the zoom sights of the L85A1 there would be no hesitation in my mind that the G36C is the better weapon.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6818|San Francisco

Wow, I don't know what you all are smoking, but the L85 is much more accurate at long ranges than the G36c. With my L85 I consistantly hit and kill people who are just inside my draw range! No way that is possible with the G36... especially with that large chunky sight.

Those are my only two unlocks, I use them both constantly.

The G36 is weaker, but the advantage comes with the fact that it has minimal kick compared to every other gun in the game so you can shoot accurately and quickly.
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6808

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Wow, I don't know what you all are smoking, but the L85 is much more accurate at long ranges than the G36c. With my L85 I consistantly hit and kill people who are just inside my draw range! No way that is possible with the G36... especially with that large chunky sight.

The G36 is weaker, but the advantage comes with the fact that it has minimal kick compared to every other gun in the game so you can shoot accurately and quickly.
That's pretty much my opinion.  I don't understand how some one can say that the L85A1 is inaccurate at long range.

They must not be using the zoom or something.  That's the only thing I can think of.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Like I said above. If the G36C had the zoom sight of the L85A1, it would be a god weapon and be number one.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6812|Cologne, Germany

I believe the L85 is the better upgrade. It features full auto and a very good zoom modus, two things the standard M16 does not have in the game. you can pick people off at long range.

It is weaker than the standard medic rifles, that's true, but if you play medic, you shouldn't be running around gunning down people in close combat anyway..
chani666
+0|6773
afterall who needs a crappy zoom?

take ur favorite fine edding(tm) and mark the middle of the reticle on the TFT... and behind the brandname write in a stylisch manner "Battlefield 2 Edition" ... well but then my 19" TFT is worth too much to me to test it, but i guess u would own....
Rakasan
+7|6807|California, USA
I don't pay attention to what the G36C sight looks like, what matters is the enemy dropping after  3 or 4 shots.

edit: I wish the AK-101 was the unlock for medic

Last edited by Rakasan (2005-09-25 23:36:38)

bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6810|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
i just went over 10,500 pts a few minutes ago and you know what i've decided that my next upgrade will be?

L85A1
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!

bluehavoc8686 wrote:

i just went over 10,500 pts a few minutes ago and you know what i've decided that my next upgrade will be?
L85A1
Cheers m8!  Good luck with that weapon and happy killing and sniping!
CinnamonBits
Sniper Cat
+1|6765
oooOOOoooOOO you guys make such enticing arguments for both weapons.  I just can't choose!
Rakasan
+7|6807|California, USA

kilroy0097 wrote:

bluehavoc8686 wrote:

L85A1
Cheers m8!  Good luck with that weapon and happy killing and sniping!
You should have unlocked the G3, LOL.
pinky_81
+1|6760|Denmark
L85A1 is an excellent weapon (when you know how to use it)!!

You can use it to snipe - both semi and bursts on full auto works great for me...
And you can fight with your buddies very easily and do your job as medic at the same time!! nailing people close-up and personal...

The problem for some might be it is a little (sometimes very) unstable... It might hit dead on 3-4 times in a row - dropping a running enemy from across the map and sometimes you can't hit a truck running you over...
It might also be that even though you can see longer - but you cannot expect the very same accuracy on 200m as when shooting guys on 50-100m though it is possible...

it seems it is becoming inaccurate when shooting fast - try at least to have a second of pausing between every shot and burst... And use prone when possible (should be a no brainer?)!! semi is the most accurate and it is actually very fast anyway... Once shot a guy sitting on a tank with a couple of shots - all in a splitsecond... He didn't know what hit him!!

If you are hiding good and an single enemy soldier is getting closer - let him... When he pops up 5-10 meters from you surprise him with 2-5 very fast and accurate shots in his chest (I can't hit heads with anything...)
He probably wouldn't get a chance to respond...

Pinky
CinnamonBits
Sniper Cat
+1|6765
I went to a friend's house tonight and played on his account where he had the L8 unlocked.  That gun is really cool.  I like how the scope works and it wasn't too difficult to snap five or six guys in a row.  My only problem with the gun is that it doesn't sound bad-ass enough. 
Rakasan
+7|6807|California, USA
Let's see those KDR's of L8 ppl here! Any questions?

edit: minus the factor of self healing

Last edited by Rakasan (2005-09-26 02:11:36)

Rakasan
+7|6807|California, USA
This reminds me of kilroy0097's post about arguing on the Internet
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!

Rakasan wrote:

This reminds me of kilroy0097's post about arguing on the Internet
*touches his nose* BINGO!
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6818|-

kilroy0097 wrote:

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Like I said above. If the G36C had the zoom sight of the L85A1, it would be a god weapon and be number one.
And then EVERY little douchebag noob would play as Spec Ops. Oh wait...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard