It's good, but I expect more still34%34% - 136
... Whatever ...27%27% - 109
This doesn't make me happy10%10% - 43
This patch ruins the whole game!11%11% - 46
Total: 399
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6681|S.E. United States
Ive hesitated to install this patch,as I have with the last two before this one.
I like to see the reviews and results of the patch before installation.
Ive been pretty lucky I spose,as install and game play were always a success for me.
Im going to install the 367 mb version,I have both, I had d/led from fileplanet last night.
seems there's alot of positive and less negetive,reckon I wait until tonight and read more reviews.

I know that I will defrag my system first
reboot,then install...

Last edited by KillerYaNk (2006-03-10 03:38:58)

section9
+9|6847|USA

LanceSavage28 wrote:

How is it that BF2S has the 1.21 patch, but it's not available from the EA website???
I've searched all morning and I still have no clue. There's no official news at ea and their message boards have no answer as well. I checked servers and I'd say about a third are using this new patch. Maybe it's a public beta test.
$kelet0r
+16|6682
Ontopic - i'm curious to know if any new bugs have surfaces with 1.21

Last edited by $kelet0r (2006-03-10 04:18:33)

Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6756|Hell, p.o box 666

What about this patch now? Should I (and anybody else) install it now, or better wait till it´s official released on the EA-Page?

Last edited by fon|sl4y3r (2006-03-10 04:25:43)

section9
+9|6847|USA

fon|sl4y3r wrote:

What about this patch now? Should I (and anybody else) install it now, or better wait till it´s official released on the EA-Page?
Yea why not, then come back here and let us know how you like it. Thanks
Slayer
---hates you

I´ve just installed the patch (look at the spelling jordan) on my second PC and second account, and I cant find any servers in Europe even with a good ping. So I will not install the patch on my standard account till its official released by EA.

Last edited by fon|sl4y3r (2006-03-10 04:49:51)

FrEaK
+1|6782|Finland

JaM3z wrote:

FrEaK wrote:

Patch totally screwed up my graphics card...look at this!
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=3/680214 … &s=x10
thats because you have a artifact in the memory of your card, the patch is not the problem.

your problem is either heat as in the card getting to hot

you overclocked it and caused a artifact on the memory, you must lower the clock speed on the memory of your card.

if that fails then i suggest you update your drivers

what card are you using?
Ok problem (seems to be) solved. I have Nvidia 6600 and i had one of those beta drivers which didnt seem to run very well and caused these problems, now when i have switched back to the official "newest" drivers (forceware 81.98, [the beta was 84.12 or something like that]) the video card seems to be working on properly...
And yes, i have overclocked videocard (did the overclocking by powerstrip/coolbits).

Thx anyway for info!
$kelet0r
+16|6682

fon|sl4y3r wrote:

@all Jordanposings after may last: I cant believe this!!! I cant, I cant, I cant!!!

I´ve just installed the patch (look at the spelling jordan) on my second PC and second account, and I cant find any servers in Europe even with a good ping. So I will not install the patch on my standard account till its official released by EA.
Most Euro servers wont update until down time tonight so Saturday will be the busier day
Chef
+2|6649
just loaded it and played a few rounds i like it smoother and the AA rockets are great now. i was in  a jet and there was a monster helio traffic jam, 4 enemy and 2 friendly my AA hit  of them and did not change direction and go for team helios it is great love it
Fubar48
+0|6706
Any idea when EA is going to release the patch?  I'm hesitant to install the 1.21 patch that you can get here if EA hasn't released it officially.

Just went out to EA and there is no mention of the new patch.
$kelet0r
+16|6682

Fubar48 wrote:

Any idea when EA is going to release the patch?  I'm hesitant to install the 1.21 patch that you can get here if EA hasn't released it officially.

Just went out to EA and there is no mention of the new patch.
i do find that odd - although the hotfix is the real deal it seems strange that even if EA wont host it they even havent made an anouncement
$kelet0r
+16|6682
the patch is up on EA now - thats good enough for me
http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patche … -_1.21.exe
Slayer
---hates you

it´s official now, ok... I will install it on my other PC this evening and then I report my opinions. Thx for the info.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716
i havnt started the patch yet, but downloaded and installed but when i went to my friends pc shop sawing him play asking what he liked about the patch, he answered very intelligently: same shit, no differnce, but better performance. i go play empire at war now

Last edited by cyborg_ninja-117 (2006-03-10 05:26:21)

https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
cullenjackcullen
+0|6668|Richmond VA
patch seems good only played about 20min last night, but the graphic issue i was having with my ATI 9550 seem to be gone. (a little flickering before 1.21).  any other ATI guys have good luck?
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6652|pimelteror.de
@ all: i´ve installed the patch, but still had a red-nametag bug...
cmotdibbler
+19|6665|The pork thing inna bun stall.
Tried on a 9250 and 9200 ATI Card and some improvement on both. Also tried on my X800 Gt and have noticed a reduction in lag and some of the wierd shadow artifacts have cleared up. So far so good but haven't tried AA yet, was getting used to drawing spirals in the sky and hitting a friendly on the other side of the map.
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6687|UK

NPN_Scorpio wrote:

I have only played 2 rounds with the new patch yet, but one thing is clear: 1.21 produces twice the framerate of 1.2 on my 9800 Pro, and all the infernal black polygons are gone.

Also, the server ping for the same server was much better, with no lag spikes.
That might have been a fluke, though, but the games runs much smoother now.
this is good news for me.

I have a GF 6800GS and after 1.2 it went to shit.

I'm yet to try it cause i've just got out of bed but hopefully my GS will fly now.
Aslan the Creator
Welcome to duty
+1|6632
Will someone please explain to me why it's not announced on the EA website?  I don't get it.
Rathji
+1|6682
Ask EA!
Speelbal
+146|6751|Netherlands
What the hell? When I join a server i keep getting the dumb error message: This server doesn't allow you to play with modified content. I changed all the movies back to the original filename, i stopped using a .bat file to improve my perfomance. (Renaming the .exe file to BF21.exe worked, because ATI thinks BF2.exe is a programm of it's own, and things like that)
And STILL I can't get rid of the damn error message.

I guess the only way out for me is to re-install. Curse you EA and DICE!
AnarkyXtra
BF2s EU Server Admin
+67|6787|Hanging onto the UAV
Right, now I've actually been home in my lunchbreak and played the patch, I can safely say that:

1) AT/TOW rockets hit properly: I managed to take out a Vodnik as it rounded a bend on two wheels 
2) Jet missiles don't seem quite as effective
3) I hate co-pilots in attack choppers who simply can't find the TV-guided launch button, and will try and attack armour with the chaingun.

Ok, so 3) isn't related, but hey: that's my impression of this afternoon. 
Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6689|England, GBR
I can't install it. says "Patching failed" every time
Consollus
+21|6725|Sweden
The first thing i noticed when i tested the hotfix yesterday was that they haven't fixed the Battlerecorder crash.
Unbelievable... -_-
{RS}Diamonddog
+6|6641|Weymouth, England
This patch sounds promising. Do you think it would be wise to go for my vet explosives badge before i install 1.21? and can someone please clarify what i need to do to get that badge. Can i do 23 kills with just claymore and get it? or will i have to use AT mine, C4, and claymore all in the same round?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard