jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6723
http://today.reuters.com/news/newsartic … amp;rpc=22

Here is a link to an article about how Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz was asked whether Israel was ready to use military action if the Security Council proved unable to act against what Israel and the West believe is a covert Iranian nuclear weapons program. I wonder what actions other countries will take and will this be the start of WW3 right here ? Considering all surrounding Muslim countries have a bone to pick with Isreal will they all join up and attack again like they did in the 6 day war ? Or will the governments call for peace while closing thier eyes to terrorists organisations crossing the boarders in an insurgency or terroist Jihad ? Flame away .
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6716|Colorado
Isreal is americas bitch, they will do what we say.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6723
If you red the article , witch you probly didn't , you would see that Isreal said they would be "going it alone " , not doing what "we" say . Please , read the article . It could be a difineing moment in history , so grow up .

Here , I'll post it for your lazy ass .

BERLIN (Reuters) - If the U.N. Security Council is incapable of taking action to stop Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons, Israel will have no choice but to defend itself, Israel's defense minister said on Wednesday.

Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz was asked whether Israel was ready to use military action if the Security Council proved unable to act against what Israel and the West believe is a covert Iranian nuclear weapons program.

"My answer to this question is that the state of Israel has the right give all the security that is needed to the people in Israel. We have to defend ourselves," Mofaz told Reuters after a meeting with his German counterpart Franz Josef Jung.

Iran denies wanting nuclear weapons and says it is only interested in the peaceful generation of electricity. It has also threatened to retaliate if Israel or the United States were to bomb any of its nuclear facilities.

In 1981, Israel bombed Iraq's Osirak nuclear reactor to prevent Saddam Hussein from getting nuclear weapons. Saddam's covert atom bomb program continued until U.N. inspectors dismantled it after the 1991 Gulf War, but the Israeli strike set progress back many years.

"The Israeli approach is that the U.S. and the European countries should lead the issue of the Iranian nuclear program to the table of the U.N. Security Council, asking for sanctions. And I hope the sanctions will be effective," Mofaz said.

Mofaz, who was born in Iran, added that Israel believed the 15-nation Security Council should grant the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), the U.N.'s Vienna-based nuclear watchdog, sweeping inspection powers so that it can smoke out any secret nuclear arms-related activities in Iran.

"We need to have very deep and large inspections within all the nuclear locations in Iran because Iran has two nuclear programs -- one is a covered one and the second is uncovered," he said.

The Iranian delegation to an IAEA board of governors meeting in Vienna issued a statement earlier warning that the United States could feel "harm and pain" if the Security Council took up the issue of Tehran's nuclear fuel research and vowed never to abandon its atomic program.

At a news conference with Mofaz, Jung told reporters Germany was already discussing with the five permanent Security Council members -- Russia, China, the United States, Britain and France -- what the council could do to prevent Tehran getting the bomb.

"Everything must be done to ensure that Iran does not acquire nuclear weapons," Jung said.

A senior diplomat from one of the "EU3" said earlier that the Security Council would probably begin discussing Iran next week and hoped to issue a "presidential statement" urging Iran to suspend its uranium enrichment program and cooperate with the IAEA.

Last edited by jonnykill (2006-03-08 20:54:44)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6687
some might say america is israels bitch
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6723

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

some might say america is israels bitch
lol , some say that indeed .
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6687
i honestly think Iran will back down. Because the only other option for them is an option that they cannot take or else that will be an end to everything the way we see it today.  Im not saying nuclear winter, but the entire world will be a different place if this escalates.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6763|California

TrollmeaT wrote:

R
O
F
L

Isreal can do whatever they please, most skilled pilots in the world
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6687
I love my country, Ill die for my country.  But keep it real, israel is very very very powerful small country.  Im, glad they are allies instead of enemies.
Hessy<diablo>
+0|6703
Last time iran had a nuclear power plant, not weapons at all, the day the opened it  BOOM Israeli jets swoop in and it is a pile of rubblein seconds.  No war, no conflict, no nothing.  Same thing will happen this time.   The world will not react for several reasons

1.  Israel has nukes
2.  Israel doesnt give a fuck, and everyone knows this
3.  Israel is very independent, and if there is a war they will survive and others wont
4.  no one wants a war (except Bush, and look at his popularity lately)(not trying to start a political argumnet, just stating facts)
5.  Israel hasn't signed Non-proliferation treaty, = it isnt illegal for them to have nukes
6.  U.S. and Israel are good friends.  also Israel and a lot of Europe are friends

The world should not react, because Iran should not have nuclear capabilites of any kind until their president Ahmedinejad stops saying stuff like "We Will Wipe Israel Off The Map" and other things of the same sort.   

well that is my 2 cents
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6723

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I love my country, Ill die for my country.  But keep it real, israel is very very very powerful small country.  Im, glad they are allies instead of enemies.
Where are you from ? Just wondering ......
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6687
Usa
xanthpi
Banned
+11|6763

jonnykill wrote:

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=worldNews&storyid=2006-03-08T142833Z_01_L08205988_RTRUKOC_0_US-NUCLEAR-IRAN-ISRAEL.xml&rpc=22

Here is a link to an article about how Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz was asked whether Israel was ready to use military action if the Security Council proved unable to act against what Israel and the West believe is a covert Iranian nuclear weapons program. I wonder what actions other countries will take and will this be the start of WW3 right here ?
World War 3 has been and gone. It was called the Cold War. We won. Sort of.

jonnykill wrote:

Considering all surrounding Muslim countries have a bone to pick with Isreal will they all join up and attack again like they did in the 6 day war ?
Quite possibly. Or quite possibly not. There are reasons for and against.

jonnykill wrote:

Or will the governments call for peace while closing thier eyes to terrorists organisations crossing the boarders in an insurgency or terroist Jihad ? Flame away .
We might find out this month. Israel stated last year that the end of March was a deadline for Iran to restart their nuclear program at full pelt so something had to be done before then.

T-minus 10 minutes until some idiot comes in here saying something like "why shouldn't the Mullahs have nuclear weapons? If we have them, why can't they?".

And before they do, just let me say that that is like saying "rapists should be able to carry guns legally. The police have them so why shouldn't they?".
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6716|Colorado
Actually I did read the whole article before posting so I wasn't lazy & what I said best sums up my opinion.
Grow up?!me?... you take all news articles so seriously?
Isreal is dependant on the US for many things & wouldn't exist without us.
They wont move without us and if they do they can kiss all that aid goodbye... they wont do that so the point is moot.

You said to flame away...

P.S. its spelt which not witch. Its read not red , so you grow up & buy a dictionary.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6687
or its like saying child molesters should be able to work at a day care
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6723

Hessy<diablo> wrote:

Last time iran had a nuclear power plant, not weapons at all, the day the opened it  BOOM Israeli jets swoop in and it is a pile of rubblein seconds.  No war, no conflict, no nothing.  Same thing will happen this time.   The world will not react for several reasons

1.  Israel has nukes
2.  Israel doesnt give a fuck, and everyone knows this
3.  Israel is very independent, and if there is a war they will survive and others wont
4.  no one wants a war (except Bush, and look at his popularity lately)(not trying to start a political argumnet, just stating facts)
5.  Israel hasn't signed Non-proliferation treaty, = it isnt illegal for them to have nukes
6.  U.S. and Israel are good friends.  also Israel and a lot of Europe are friends

The world should not react, because Iran should not have nuclear capabilites of any kind until their president Ahmedinejad stops saying stuff like "We Will Wipe Israel Off The Map" and other things of the same sort.   

well that is my 2 cents
Are you sure Isreal attacked Iran's Nuclear weapons installations ? Or was that Iraq back in the early 80's ?
I think you mean Iraq . I never heard of Iran getting attacked at a nuke facility by Isreal before .  You got a link to back that up ?

And what do you mean the world wouldn't react ? Things are teaming with violence in the middle East right now . Are you not watching the news ? We are at a very hieghtened war of words with Iran right now . The US  Vice President got on national TV today and told Iran that harsh consiquences are to be delt with and Iran retorts with " America can deal out harm and pain , but America is suseptable to harm and pain as well " . WTF is that supposed to mean ? LOL this guy is off his rocker . Even France is getting ready for the shit storm saying they are ready to back the UN and security council . All of Erurope is looks as if they are ready to finally agree on something - Iran can't make nukes and if they insist on making them we go to war , as soon as next week . Next week the UN will press sanctions against Iran or at least bring the charges against Iran , call for inspections ( as usual ) and will recomend sanctions . Iran says it will retaliate , but with what ?
Jack up oil prices ? Attack Isreal ? This shit is going to happen minute by minute in the next few weeks . Interesting things will unfold . I want to disguss it . It's history . That tis all .

PS: let's not have a typical flame war and start bashing religion . Shit is getting old folks . Postive responces only please . Debate . Keep it "clean" and back yer stuff up with links . Don't get personal , or at least try to .
Jewey_Mcjewson
+0|6675|Dallas, Texas

stryyker wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

R
O
F
L

Ooorah Stryyker, Ooorah!
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6715
Do you recall when Iraq got a nuke power plant and they struck it without any "permition".

I was just assuming they would do it again.
Hessy<diablo>
+0|6703
in response to jonnykill

I'm sorry i did mean Iraq in 81

The world will do nothing about Iran because, in the security council there are France GB USA China and Russia.  China and russia are friends with Iran (mostly Russia).  If the security council moves to do something, either Russia, or China will probably veto.  Also France, and GB will not strike Iran out of security council, because they want to avoid conflict with Russia, and China.  USA is the same as France and GB, but they will not do it also because they (we) are already involved in two wars and are streched quite thin.  This only leaves Israel to do something, and believe me they will.  Iran will be ass kicked by an Israeli air strike within the next few months, and the rest of the world won' do anything to stop Israel (that is what i meant by the rest of the world not doing anyhting , and also nothing to Iran as stated above.  )

I agree He (ahmedinejad pres. of Iran) is off his rocker.  You just don't Openly mess with the rest of the world like that, unless you have a large army to back it up. 

Sorry I had to re-explain, it is kinda confusing. 

Hessy
imortal
+240|6708|Austin, TX

Hessy<diablo> wrote:

That is not a fact; that is what is called an opinion.  Unless you can prove you are a functioning mindreader and have read his thoughts, or hung around his cabinet and have recordings of him plotting his evil plans.  Just saying "It is obvious," or "look at what he is doing!" is not proof.

This is not a political statement.  It is a clarification of the English language.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6687
israel needs to be the one that attacks iran, the whole drame is over israel's status in the region.  But im pretty sure the IDF could handle it.  I got mad love for israelis
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6763|California

Jewey_Mcjewson wrote:

stryyker wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

R
O
F
L

Ooorah Stryyker, Ooorah!
all it takes is a F117 with a bunker bomb to stop a war before it starts
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6723

TrollmeaT wrote:

Actually I did read the whole article before posting so I wasn't lazy & what I said best sums up my opinion.
Grow up?!me?... you take all news articles so seriously?
Isreal is dependant on the US for many things & wouldn't exist without us.
They wont move without us and if they do they can kiss all that aid goodbye... they wont do that so the point is moot.

You said to flame away...

P.S. its spelt which not witch. Its read not red , so you grow up & buy a dictionary.
News articles huh ? Yeah I take them seriously when I've been listening to 3 different talk radio shows all day confirming the same thing , reading the same thing on the internet and then seeing the same thing on TV before I go to bed ? Yup - I'll " take their word for it " lol . Oh no wait it's all propaganda . There really isn't any free press in America , not anywheres else in the world . It's all fake ? ...... Fell stupid now ? You should .

For goodness sakes it's the daily news man and here is a subject to talk about . And considering the topic it's pretty heated . And your input is "Isreal is dependant on the US for many things & wouldn't exist without us.
They wont move without us and if they do they can kiss all that aid goodbye... they wont do that so the point is moot." What makes you think we would cut off all ties with Isreal if they attacked Iran ? What makes you think that after having good ties with Isreal since it's inception that we would all of a sudden just cut them dry ? lol What are you smoking and how much do you smoke a day ?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6687
were still friends with israel even after we find out about the massive amounts and of espionage they have been performing in our country
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6723

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

were still friends with israel even after we find out about the massive amounts and of espionage they have been performing in our country
Holy shit I totally forgot about that ! Nice reply lol .
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6723
http://www.drudgereport.com/flash5.htm

Zee plot thickens .....................

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard