77th|1st Lt. Werstein
+1|6818|Virginia, USA
hey guys, anyone like to play paintball...it is the fastest growing sport ever

if you do play it, tell where you do, what gun do you use, the equipment on it or with you when you play, and/ or a few stories when you got lit up or when you lit up someone (god thats fun)
77th|1st Lt. Werstein
+1|6818|Virginia, USA
my equipment:

- i wear a 03' Dye jersey

- camo pants

- JT gloves

- a full head shield mask

Primary Weaponry:

- i use a Spyder Electra ACS (w/ rocking trigger, aero twist accuracy barrel, anti-chop bolt)

- 2 12oz CO2 tanks

- Empire Reloader B hopper

Secondary Weaponry:

- Tippmann A-5 w/ Fatline Barrel, Responce Trigger, M4 style stock

Last edited by 77th|1st Lt. Werstein (2005-09-24 16:32:49)

kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6851|Bryan/College Station, TX
I used to play Paintball quite a bit in my younger years. Mainly in High School though I have played a few times here and there in College as well.

I never had my own equipment outside owning a set of green camo and black urban BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) and a set of combat boots. The rest of the equipment, goggles, gun and paintballs I always just rented from the people who controled the paintball area.

My first experience was a tournament style paintball competition that happened over the course of 3 months. You had your own 6 man team and you squared off against other 6 man teams. They used Pump Action Brass Eagle company guns I believe. It was done in a warehouse that had a tournament fast paced field set up in it. Had a maze in the middle of the warhouse with strategic defendable areas in each corner. It was basic ellimination and you simply shot other people on the other team until no one was left. It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it. Esspecially since it was dark except for black lights, there was this haze in the air from the gas from the guns, there was some strobe and laser effect to make it feel more edgy and always some kind of hard music playing. Sometimes the judges would allow you to play your own music. The rest of the times I played were outdoor fields and they used generic semi-auto guns. Most likely Tipmann as they seem to be the most popular now.

At one point I had thought about buying the PMI-3 in order to start playing on a regular basis. But I never got around to it. I do miss it though.

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2005-09-24 19:29:31)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6855|San Francisco

I got into paintball with a group of my friends in the middle of my highschool years. We all got our own guns for christmas and started hitting up the local courses and such.

I ended up with a Tipmann Prolite, pretty standard and durable gun, though the stock barrel was total crap. One of my friends had a barber who had rented a large plot of land out in the countryside and he started up a little pickup paintball group where people could go on the weekends and play some ctf. It was a really interesting piece of land too, mixed with flatland areas consisting of tall grass, and jungle type areas including trench type tunnels through large patches of thorned bushes.

Had quite a lot of fun, but we all slowly grew out of it and after the pickup games stopped we really had nowhere to play so we all ended up selling our equipment.

It was all good expect for the few people who were jackasses and ended up having their psi turned up way too high. I still have spider veins on my left leg from welts after getting ambushed by two guys with autocockers turned up too fast.
77th|1st Lt. Werstein
+1|6818|Virginia, USA
ouch
US|dirtysouth
purple sticky punch
+0|6822|englewood FL.
ya that hurts, i have a micromag but i havent played in prolly 5 years(btw i always turned my psi. up...)
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
I liked regulation fields that clocked ball speed to determine that PSI wasn't jacked up before a game. Of course if you know what you are doing and can eyeball it you could technically go out in the field and jack it right back up with a single twist of a screw. But you might get caught by the field judges.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6855|San Francisco

kilroy0097 wrote:

I liked regulation fields that clocked ball speed to determine that PSI wasn't jacked up before a game. Of course if you know what you are doing and can eyeball it you could technically go out in the field and jack it right back up with a single twist of a screw. But you might get caught by the field judges.
Yeah, it became a problem after awhile where we would play so the guy running it ended up getting a little device that would clock. Then again there weren't officials in the fields or anything, so gun psi could be adjusted on the fly if you were a really big asshole.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6849|Cologne, Germany

paintball ain't so big over here. it's mostly forbidden, as are lazer dromes. due to germany's specific history, war-related games or games imitating war don't go to well with lawmakers...

you can purchase the equipment ( via the internet, for example ), but if you get caught playing, you are fucked.

most of the guys I know who play go to the netherlands to do so. they have more liberal laws over there.

Last edited by B.Schuss (2005-09-26 10:24:27)

bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6847|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
i used to captain a 5-man amature team called Team Tantrum. my old equip is the old boxy shocker with an all american 12 inch barrel and an x-board hopper. i run a 68 oz. CO2 tank on a shock tech drop forward with a reg for my foregrip. i also made a custom bar trigger for it and ran the flow out the front to the reg by flipping the solenoid housing.  i wore a diablo jersey and raven nuvis mask, jt goves and terminator shin/knee guards for sliding. besides my marker, my team was made up of 2 matrices, an angel fly and a automag w/ z grip.

man i miss it...
77th|1st Lt. Werstein
+1|6818|Virginia, USA
nice
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!

bluehavoc8686 wrote:

i used to captain a 5-man amature team called Team Tantrum. my old equip is the old boxy shocker with an all american 12 inch barrel and an x-board hopper. i run a 68 oz. CO2 tank on a shock tech drop forward with a reg for my foregrip. i also made a custom bar trigger for it and ran the flow out the front to the reg by flipping the solenoid housing.  i wore a diablo jersey and raven nuvis mask, jt goves and terminator shin/knee guards for sliding. besides my marker, my team was made up of 2 matrices, an angel fly and a automag w/ z grip.

man i miss it...
Nice. You are a regular air smith. Did you buy the kit and mod yourself or did you take it to a dealer to get it moded?
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food

kilroy0097 wrote:

bluehavoc8686 wrote:

man i miss it...
Nice. You are a regular air smith. Did you buy the kit and mod yourself or did you take it to a dealer to get it moded?
Everything myself. It was really easy. Though I've forgotten a lot now, back in the day, I used to be able to strip and put back together just about every marker (old and modern) in under 4 minutes. I worked as a referee a lot and I worked in the shop a lot too. It was a vicious cycle: I'd spend thousands playing and fund it by working at a paintball store or field. I ate, slept and thought paintball (no really, I ate about 10 paintballs one time). O and I guess I went to school... when there was time.
77th|1st Lt. Werstein
+1|6818|Virginia, USA
lmao
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6855|San Francisco

bluehavoc8686 wrote:

It was a vicious cycle: I'd spend thousands playing and fund it by working at a paintball store or field.
Hey... that sounds familiar! Though Chuy also has a real job...
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food

tF-voodoochild wrote:

bluehavoc8686 wrote:

It was a vicious cycle: I'd spend thousands playing and fund it by working at a paintball store or field.
Hey... that sounds familiar! Though Chuy also has a real job...
rofl. burn....
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6804|Barrington, RI
I used to play whenever I got the chance, but then the two good outdoor fields in my area both closed down, and so did the Pro Shops that ran the fields.  When I do play I use a Tippmann 98 Custom with a response trigger, auto hopper and a Smart-Parts All-American 14 inch barrel.
77th|1st Lt. Werstein
+1|6818|Virginia, USA
yeah, my Spyder Electra is broken so im returning it tomorrow

i was thinking about getting a Freak, Stainless Steel, Kit with a 18 - 16 inch All-American Barrel
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food

77th|1st Lt. Werstein wrote:

yeah, my Spyder Electra is broken so im returning it tomorrow

i was thinking about getting a Freak, Stainless Steel, Kit with a 18 - 16 inch All-American Barrel
you dont need anything longer than 14 inches even if you're a back player. the ball doesn't touch the barrel after the first 6-8 inches. the rest is just to adjust the ball to the air before it fully comes out. this is why those cheap solid (no holes) rental barrels have terrible curves. anyway, the ball only needs about 4 inches to accomplish this effectively. honestly, it's just a scam so that the companies like smarts parts can charge more by throwing in 2 more inches of aluminum. even if you want to be sure, 16 is more than enoug, 18 is just wasteful. for example, my 12 inch all-american is more accurate than my friends 16 inch freak system. however, a really kick-ass system is to get the freak back with all the inserts and then an all-american front. for those of you who are dye people, my old boomstick didn't compare to the all-american. of course, your bolt is what is most important. i would advise against the delrin bolts. they tend to warp. so there you go. this kinda turned into an accuracy post i realize.
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6838|USA! USA! USA!
Anybody ever used Simunition?  Thats good training!
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food

Krauser98 wrote:

Anybody ever used Simunition?  Thats good training!
I think that that stuff should stay with the military training and police training... normal paintball doesn't go anywhere near that stuff, especially at the competative level.
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6838|USA! USA! USA!
It probably will.  The whole thing is way too expensive for it to ever catch on.  First you have to buy a real pistol / rifle that is supported ($300+).  Then you have to buy their convertion kit (at least $200).  Then you have to buy the rounds ($10 for 20).  I know people spend way more than that on paintball, but they are all way above entry level.  Also most the NATO Sim rounds are tied up with the military anyway.  I've had the occasion to use them a few times and they really hit home when it comes to realistic training.  Even in paintball I don't really have a fear of getting hit, but when you hear a "real" bullet go by you tend to duck...
bigsteveooooo
+1|6813|Wirral, UK
i've been with work a few times over the years.  I always get hammered and brused

still love it
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6360|Troy, New York
Bringing back posts from the dead. Second oldest thread, but the other one was about mother boards and paintball is kewl
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6686|In You Endo- Stoke
I used to play quite alot,but sold all of gear.

I mainly got into it because i started marshalling/reffing when i was 16 and did it as weekend job will i was doing traing in another job.Not long after i quit my main job and work there for a few years then finally became the assistant manager.But thats all in the past now.

Some of my friends have there own paintball site thats doing quite well,i can just go down there and shoot some paint on there sup air field and some rec ball stuff if can be botherd.

I used to own a impulse-I frame freak barrel and all the kit,it just always so bloody expensive especially in england.Nearly everything is twice as expensive as the us.
I just had to sell it all as i stopped playing due to money.

I still love playing and maybe one day i will get back into it,but bf2 is cheaper..

Last edited by {uscm}Jyden (2007-01-31 12:04:28)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard