w00tson
+0|6644|Schmuckland
Anybody knows if DICE plans to bring in more guns to BF2? I'm soon turning to Sergeant Major and I really don't care for the two unlockable guns I have left (Scar-L & MP-7). Would rather save the unlocks if there is more coming.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6766|Mark it zero.
they said that they most likely wont because of memory issues and whatever else.
Psychosis
+1|6665|Virginia
Im thinking not, but I know that a lot of people would like some unlockable side arms. Who wouldnt want a Beretta 93R or HK Mk23 over the M92 or the likes.
w00tson
+0|6644|Schmuckland

Kamikaze17 wrote:

they said that they most likely wont because of memory issues and whatever else.
Yeah, that makes sense. But who knows, there is money to be made of new guns
AuSFinN
+1|6705
i wish.. the P90 is crap, and the L96A1 is almost the same as the M24, although still good.
WormGuts
+17|6811|Dayton, Ohio
i find additional unlocks to be unlikely.  why?  because now they have two unlocks for each class.  to introduce additional unlocks they would need to add one for each class just to try to keep it even.

AuSFinN wrote:

i wish.. the P90 is crap, and the L96A1 is almost the same as the M24, although still good.
P90 is not crap...it's just not a weapon that people have learned to use well enough yet.  the few rare occasions when i've picked it up i've found it to be a very adequate weapon in most cqc situtations and in mid range as well (where the DAO is lacking).  P90 bitchers are just salty i think cuz they waned the AT class to get a rifle.  instead you got a laser site and a 50 round clip with an LMG...

the L96A1 is pretty much the same as the m24 you're right...however the chinese and the MEC didn't have acsess to the m24 so the unlock helps make the sniper class more balanced between 'sides'.  however it's quiter and i'll take that any day of the week.  the one downfall i've found in the L96A1 is the reticle not having verticle lines to help with bullet drop at extreme ranges.

Last edited by WormGuts (2006-03-07 23:12:48)

Psychosis
+1|6665|Virginia

AuSFinN wrote:

Pretty Much. All theyd need to do though, is increase the rate of fire to its RL speed of 900 rpm, vs the 600 or so its pushing now, and it would be quite nice.
Mensi
+0|6647|San Diego, CA, USA

Kamikaze17 wrote:

While I don't disagree, I'm curious why this is so? Could someone with more tech experience explain this for me?
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6766|Mark it zero.
i just wish it was more powerful than the pistols...
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6662|Malibu

WormGuts wrote:

i find additional unlocks to be unlikely.  why?  because now they have two unlocks for each class.  to introduce additional unlocks they would need to add one for each class just to try to keep it even.

AuSFinN wrote:

P90 is not crap...it's just not a weapon that people have learned to use well enough yet.  the few rare occasions when i've picked it up i've found it to be a very adequate weapon in most cqc situtations and in mid range as well (where the DAO is lacking).  P90 bitchers are just salty i think cuz they waned the AT class to get a rifle.  instead you got a laser site and a 50 round clip with an LMG...

the L96A1 is pretty much the same as the m24 you're right...however the chinese and the MEC didn't have acsess to the m24 so the unlock helps make the sniper class more balanced between 'sides'.
P90 is not LMG but SMG.
On top of that it is a PDW not an assulting weapon.
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6745|Honolulu, HI

Psychosis wrote:

Im thinking not, but I know that a lot of people would like some unlockable side arms. Who wouldnt want a Beretta 93R or HK Mk23 over the M92 or the likes.
I think this would be a good way to get around that lame excuse (or at least it seems lame to me on EA's part) of "memory usage".  Why?  Because offering a "global" pistol unlock, usable by every kit, only introduces a handful of new weapon skins, etc.  And there, ideas abound...would they make an inaccurate but lead-spewing pistol (Glock 18, Beretta 93R), an accurate silenced pistol (HK Mk23 SOCOM), a less accurate, ammo-challenged, but poweful one (Desert Eagle, .44 Magnum)?

Anyway...all this musing is making me salivate but it doesn't answer the question.  I also say no, EA is unlikely to add more unlocks because of memory *cough lazy cough* bandwidth *cough EA sucks cough* issues.
WormGuts
+17|6811|Dayton, Ohio

StormEye wrote:

WormGuts wrote:

AuSFinN wrote:

the L96A1 is pretty much the same as the m24 you're right...however the chinese and the MEC didn't have acsess to the m24 so the unlock helps make the sniper class more balanced between 'sides'.
P90 is not LMG but SMG.
On top of that it is a PDW not an assulting weapon.
thank you for the correction...on the LMG and SMG...i;m actually imbarresed to have made that mistake.  also yes it is a PDW (much like the jackhammer), but so is the class, why do people feel a need to rush with the AT class?  it's not your job to rush

Last edited by WormGuts (2006-03-07 23:16:39)

w00tson
+0|6644|Schmuckland

Mensi wrote:

Kamikaze17 wrote:

While I don't disagree, I'm curious why this is so? Could someone with more tech experience explain this for me?
More stuff needs to be loaded into the memory, even the people who don't have the unlocks needs the models and sounds to be loaded. BF2 is already using a lot of memory and it is a bitch to get it running smoothly. Adding even more weapons won't help. So if DICE doesn't find something they can optimize a lot in BF2, probably no more unlocks.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard