-=S8M=-Phoenix
+45|6794|South Cybertown, Texas
I preorder my BF2 and when I got it installed and started playing I saw that there was a ton of guys with scores/stats that were way out there! These scores would take a person a year to get, but the game had just came out, WTF is up with that and why has E.A. never cleared those accounts?
Charlie_melvin
Right between the eye's
+0|6814

B.Schuss wrote:

well, people do obviously have different views here, which is fair enough. It's a difficult topic..

without a statement from EA there is little hope we will be able to resolve this any time soon ( actually, even with a statement from EA this would most likely go on ).

comparing stats will only lead you so far...
Too true B.Schuss,

everyone is entitled to their own opinion, after all without EA's official comments on this we can only speculate.

As for comparing stats, yes it does only allow you to go so far.... but its a good place to start
HotButter
+0|6849|Arizona
Well regardless of others opinions I am sure it was a case of exploiting in some form or another.  That much I think the majority of us can agree on.  As far as exactly what the specifics of it were, no one can say for sure (aside from EA, and I dont think we will be hearing from them).

So despite the specifics, I am happy with the end result.  Now if they might just look a bit closer at the leaderboards eh?  Like someone said earlier, they are a joke.  Personally I think the leaderboards should include ratios such as kdr and spm with a bonus for for infantry combat and a smaller bonus for amount of time played.

IF ea really wanted to get it right, they would consider asking the devs of BFtracks for help.  Atleast there the leaderboards were based on skill instead of time played.

Last edited by HotButter (2005-09-26 11:52:44)

Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6809|Lake Constanze, Germany

HotButter wrote:

Well regardless of others opinions I am sure it was a case of exploiting in some form or another.  That much I think the majority of us can agree on.  As far as exactly what the specifics of it were, no one can say for sure (aside from EA, and I dont think we will be hearing from them).

So despite the specifics, I am happy with the end result.  Now if they might just look a bit closer at the leaderboards eh?  Like someone said earlier, they are a joke.  Personally I think the leaderboards should include ratios such as kdr and spm with a bonus for for infantry combat and a smaller bonus for amount of time played.

IF ea really wanted to get it right, they would consider asking the devs of BFtracks for help.  Atleast there the leaderboards were based on skill instead of time played.
Are u talking about the old BF/BFV BFtracks Leaderboards?
Based no skill? I don't explain what they were based on, but sorry to break ur illusion - it was not skill!PERIOD

Greetz,
Agent
HotButter
+0|6849|Arizona
Yes with BFtracks there were problems with map exploiters and hackers etc etc, BUT the system on which they tried to run things is leaps and bounds ahead of what EA has put forth.
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6809|Lake Constanze, Germany

HotButter wrote:

Yes with BFtracks there were problems with map exploiters and hackers etc etc, BUT the system on which they tried to run things is leaps and bounds ahead of what EA has put forth.
I fully agree, that the points were calculated a much better way!
Only wanted to make sure, that u realised it wasn't only skill.
You could trick the system not that hard. I was always in the Top 75 - but the legit way!!!

Greetz,
Agent
Croak
+11|6806|San Marcos, CA
A friend suggested that EA simply remove previous Karkand points from the score when 1.03 comes out and the leaderboard problem would be pretty much be solved. 

I think that's a little drastic, but it does have some truth to it. 
HotButter
+0|6849|Arizona

Ag3nT-()r@ng3 wrote:

HotButter wrote:

I fully agree, that the points were calculated a much better way!
Only wanted to make sure, that u realised it wasn't only skill.
You could trick the system not that hard. I was always in the Top 75 - but the legit way!!!

Greetz,
Agent
Lol i was one of the worst chopper whores in bfv so yeah I know the system did reward the people it shouldnt have sometimes.  As I was in the top 10 for quite sometime haha.  But again with a little common sense that system could be improved and be put in place of the current leaderboards.
Rakasan
+7|6838|California, USA
I remember before Bf2 the #1 for DCF was Sou1icious, that guy just owned especially as a non-tanker.  Even though he played mostly LV.
Rakasan
+7|6838|California, USA

Croak wrote:

A friend suggested that EA simply remove previous Karkand points from the score when 1.03 comes out and the leaderboard problem would be pretty much be solved. 

I think that's a little drastic, but it does have some truth to it. 
How does that solve anything?  They need to redo the ranking system to base it on skill, not accumalated score gained over time.  Obviously the top players are the ones who put more time in comparision to some very skilled gamers (who started 1 month ago) who put very little time.  I think they should make the global points something like promotional points for gaining rank instead.

I think the leaderboard is just EA propaganda to force nooblets who think top 20 EA overall are the best.   This way gamers can waste their time using their product to try to be a top player.
07>sin
mista sinista
+1|6847
40 revs and hour is pretty leet if legit, i think it could be done but doing it for 382 hours of being a medic is a reach IMO as playing a medic
fistfullofclams
+1|6833
They need a ranking system something as of UT 04 more skilled based.*UT player*
The_Truth_16
+0|6790
if that happened to me i would be soooooo pissed,  spending all that time to just get it erased:@
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6839

The_Truth_16 wrote:

if that happened to me i would be soooooo pissed,  spending all that time to just get it erased:@
Hell, wouldn't bother me that much.  At least then I might have a shot at some of the more unrealistic medals and ribbons.  Death streak less than 8 my ass.
Rakasan
+7|6838|California, USA
You're my hero fist

1,845 FistFullofClams    5.87 2.49 1.94 0.78 30.00 2.02 0.00 0d:1h:5m
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6793|Jupiter
dude wtf 1 hour and u got 1,800 points? thats odd no wonder EA reset u, what do u do to get a score like that?!. i thik u need to come play with me so i can check u out. i will B_tch at EA if u are truly good, or just a cheapo tank whore.
US|dirtysouth
purple sticky punch
+0|6815|englewood FL.

Rakasan wrote:

You're my hero fist

1,845 FistFullofClams    5.87 2.49 1.94 0.78 30.00 2.02 0.00 0d:1h:5m
WoW..thats like 2-3 maybe 4 rounds
Rakasan
+7|6838|California, USA
not global score
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6808

Burning_Monkey wrote:

The_Truth_16 wrote:

Hell, wouldn't bother me that much.  At least then I might have a shot at some of the more unrealistic medals and ribbons.  Death streak less than 8 my ass.
Yeah, agree...that's total BS.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6849|-

LeGrandAssidomaen wrote:

Burning_Monkey wrote:

The_Truth_16 wrote:

*Ahem* That's a worst death streak of 8 or MORE
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6839

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

LeGrandAssidomaen wrote:

Burning_Monkey wrote:

*Ahem* That's a worst death streak of 8 or MORE
Is it really?

Awarded to recognize the individual who, through gallantry, determination and esprit de corps, succeeds in his/her mission while under difficult and hazardous conditions

* IAR: 50 team points
    * Global: 400h Total time played
    * Global: 10 Best kill streak
    * Global: 8 Worst death streak

That is copied and pasted from UBAR.  Still looks like a death streak of no greater than 8.  And a kill streak of better than 10.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6849|San Francisco

8 Worst death streak. Death streak equal to or worse than 8.  Worse in this case is any number larger than 8 since more deaths in a row is a bad thing.
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6839

tF-voodoochild wrote:

8 Worst death streak. Death streak equal to or worse than 8.  Worse in this case is any number larger than 8 since more deaths in a row is a bad thing.
So you would have to have 400 hours of total game time, 50 team points in a round, a global death streak of worse than 8, and a global kill streak better than 10?

I can get that.  Some of the others are nigh on impossible though.
fistfullofclams
+1|6833

(EUS)Gen.BadSnipaDay wrote:

dude wtf 1 hour and u got 1,800 points? thats odd no wonder EA reset u, what do u do to get a score like that?!. i thik u need to come play with me so i can check u out. i will B_tch at EA if u are truly good, or just a cheapo tank whore.
i will be on thrusday-sunday any time on *=strike of karkand 24/7 DWi squad server
Bloody Sky
+2|6845|Texas
No, he is one of those 24/7 Karkand n00*clears throat*people.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard