joe6600
+-1|6714
I was wondering which stat values like K/D ratio, accuracy, etc.... would rank someone (GOOD, VERY GOOD, and EXPERT rating).  Total points isnt a good measure because you can play 9 hours a day and get points just for time in game.  Rank isnt a good measure because it can be the same.  I  do think for statistics to be valid, there should be a minimum of 100hrs playing time to minimize outliers.

Id say a good player can range in the 1-1.5 k/d ratio with accuracy at approximately           20%

Depending on class such as spec ops, sniper, assualt et al.. these can vary depending on being a                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            reserved player or a full out rusher

these should be based on all-around players...............not whoring a specific class, vehicle, position, weapon etc.....

MY PID (Player ID Number)  is    43948377

Last edited by joe6600 (2006-03-06 09:51:11)

First
+3|6690|Canada
well i have a k/d of 1.56 and accuracy of 20% so id say thats good
slidero
http://www.statpadder.com/

Has pretty good rankings, although you're not going to fine a lot of "all-around" players because if you're #1 for jet K/D ratio, you're (probably) not all that great at infantry.
Robin-Hood
+1|6598|Dublin, Ireland
Just face it there are loads of different ways of defining a player.
Either your a N0o8 or your not its that simple.
joe6600
+-1|6714
looking for a general classification, and this is just a chatter section..........i dont think it would be that hard to decide on  it generally
Clibby
+0|6717
What about excellent team players who die for the team while saving others, who provide covering fire, who command well, who destroy equiptment. You are taking a very lone wolf approach to the game, when you should be rating people on how they benefit their team.
Seaneroo
+12|6629
I'mnot sure accuracy rate is necessarily a good indicator of ability.  Ever hear of suppressing fire?
joe6600
+-1|6714
good development so far guys!         yes maybe including revives, ammo supply, health supply,
Impaqt
+37|6609|Chicago, Il
K/D isnt a good ratio....    I consider myself a "Good Player" at this point, but the first month or so I was hovering around .3-.5 K/D Ratio...  THats a Sttep hill to climb.   Still only at around .88 rightnow. 

Only true measure is to play em.  Or once Chuy has the stats engine updated so we can track what we've done over the last 30 days....
23rd-=CoA=-KoRnFreak
+0|6615
ehm, okay, i think the most important thing in the stats is the score-per-minute. it shows how good you play in one round, if you are a good teamplayer or the one who kills everyone.....my english sucks:)
::K/D rate, i think you have to look how good the players weapon statistics are, because many get all their points with tankwhoring etc.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6759|England

23rd-=CoA=-KoRnFreak wrote:

ehm, okay, i think the most important thing in the stats is the score-per-minute. it shows how good you play in one round, if you are a good teamplayer or the one who kills everyone.....my english sucks:)
::K/D rate, i think you have to look how good the players weapon statistics are, because many get all their points with tankwhoring etc.
I don’t see why people consider SPM to be so important, a player with a low SPM might just be the kind of player who hangs back to defend flags, or creeps across the map to take out commander assets. There are many different ways people play, some of which gain more points then others. Just because a person isn’t completely driven by points doesn’t mean they aren’t good.
joe6600
+-1|6714

Kobrakai wrote:

I don’t see why people consider SPM to be so important, a player with a low SPM might just be the kind of player who hangs back to defend flags, or creeps across the map to take out commander assets. There are many different ways people play, some of which gain more points then others. Just because a person isn’t completely driven by points doesn’t mean they aren’t good.
"I agree"  There are many instances
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6705|cairns australia
none. statistics can only give you enough to hazard a guess.only each player them self knows if they are good or not.
Dr_3V|L
+51|6696|Twente, The Netherlands
Stats only give a basic impression about someone, and that impression doesn't have to be right.
23rd-=CoA=-KoRnFreak
+0|6615
i hate guys who camp the whole game at one flag to protect it, cuz they are often useless for the team....they get killed or seconds later teammates arrive to take the flag back.....
me for example, i do everything, i protect flags, attack them, kill tanks .... i think if you do things to hold the teampoints, you are good---

Last edited by 23rd-=CoA=-KoRnFreak (2006-03-06 10:50:04)

Janysc
+59|6654|Norway
Define it myself? Well, I've never thought of myself as very good... My K/D was below 1 recently, but I've improved rapidly and I usually score relatively high unless I'm having a bad day. So I suppose I must be a LITTLE good .
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6671|England, UK
Well, I don't count anyone in the top ten as expert, especially the ones who have a KD ratio of 17 in amour and only play Karkand. They obviously can't deal with the jets/heli's.
RDMC_old
+0|6707|Almere, Holland
k/d op 1.23 and an accuracy of 23.22 %
coreinflames
+12|6615
it's very hard to tell looking at statistics,
If you look at the kit you're looking at him in a plane or commander or anything...
and If you look at the gun you looking at his stats of maybe him dying while jumping out of a tank or something...
Me i am very useful with each gun that i use, and mostly i barely break even on the guns with the kill and death (i think).

The only thing wrong with a tank whore is if you are on the other end with the wrong equipment, you can cuss at them all you like but you are still dead.

https://sig.gamedrome.com/gen/25465.jpg
starkingdoms
+6|6742
the number 1 for me is win/loss ratio.
Chowley
+1|6657|Ireland
I think a lot more should be taken into consideration. Yes kd ratio and spm and accuracy also though i think a good player should be able to play any kit at least 3 anyway rather than constantly medic/support. They should be able to command and have good weapon stats. Win/loss ratio is a good indicator too, not that many people actually team switch constantly I'd say and often a good player will influence a game. Kills per minute/round is quite a relevant stat as well it should show how aggressive a player is if you want to judge them by stats.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6723

joe6600 wrote:

Kobrakai wrote:

"I agree"  There are many instances
I agree too. SPM does not really matter. One day I could be a squadleader, just lay down somewhere and make my squad spawn on me.(low spm) The other day I play for points, rush forward etc.(higher spm). So I do not consider SPM a stable and good variable to judge a player.

Accuracy isn't too important also. I play support since 1.02 and my accuracy dropped to 18+. Now it is around 20.

Btw. I cannot say how good you really are if I haven't played with you at least a couple rounds.

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-03-06 11:09:02)

A=10
+-2|6757|U.K DURHAM
tell the truth i never look that much at my stats so i dont know what my KD and all that crap is i just like the damn game. plus with kids and that to look after i dont have much time to do much now now its a case of grab a fast game when i can.
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6671|England, UK
I suspose the server's you've played on also makes a difference. My first 15000 points were scored on nothing but 64 player servers. Then up until 25000 points I played on 32 player servers to get certain ribbons due to the time critirea. Now I play on both and my stats are IMO are quite good. Constant Karkand players with high stats IMO aren't good players as they are not playing all aspects of the game ie. being bombed, TV'd and missiled from above.
starkingdoms
+6|6742
how about,

(win/loss ratio)*(kills per minue-deaths per minute) = good player number....

starkingdoms = .2032
dr. battlefield = 1.0416

conclusion, dr. battlefield owns me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard