Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6655|Ohio
If anyone here watches mythbusters, after it was a show called "future weapons." They talked about a new fighter, I don't remember what they said it was called, but I think it was the F-35B from what people have said here. That thing owns.
chitlin
Banned
+36|6773
f-22 raptor
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6601|Your attic
Well out of all the Jets that are currently in existance, the F/A-22, but I heard something about a next gen jet coming from China??? Not sure of anything, will see what I can dig up.

Edit: For dogfights (which seem to be the prodominate catagory in all the posts) I would think the Euro Fighter, much more agile, I believe it was designed as an interceptor(sent out to take out enemy jets/bombers) if thats the correct word.

Last edited by Towelly (2006-04-25 18:08:17)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6731|California

Towelly wrote:

Well out of all the Jets that are currently in existance, the F/A-22, but I heard something about a next gen jet coming from China??? Not sure of anything, will see what I can dig up.
prolly the J-10
http://www.sinodefence.com/airforce/fighter/j10.asp
eagles1106
+269|6594|Marlton, New Jersey.
The f-35 actually really isnt that great, and different planes have different roles, like an a-10 comes in and busts the shit outta tanks while other planes are made to dominate the skies. My picks:

Air to Ground: A-10

Air to Air: F/A-22 Raptor,Su-37 Terminator, and the Eurofighter Tyfoon (which is actually good in real life, unlike bf2)

Reconnaissance(lol): Sr-71 Blackbird
eagles1106
+269|6594|Marlton, New Jersey.
New jets coming soon too   Su-47, Mig-1.44, and sadly gay UCAV fighters for the US (they will take away our pilots!) There are others too...
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6654
TIE interceptor

edit: with the shield generator

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-04-25 18:21:44)

Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6774

paranoid101 wrote:

A paper plane, just think about all those paper cuts.

Nasty.
Don't forget it's payload of salt for a lasting effect.
chitlin
Banned
+36|6773

eagles1106 wrote:

The f-35 actually really isnt that great, and different planes have different roles, like an a-10 comes in and busts the shit outta tanks while other planes are made to dominate the skies. My picks:

Air to Ground: A-10

Air to Air: F/A-22 Raptor,Su-37 Terminator, and the Eurofighter Tyfoon (which is actually good in real life, unlike bf2)

Reconnaissance(lol): Sr-71 Blackbird
actually the jsf f-35b is 2nd only to f-22 only becuase the jsf is a multirole and the f-22 is air to air.. so in many ways the jsf is better but in a one on one fight the f-22 is supposed to win

they allready compared the f-35 to the typhoon and the f-35 had more than twice the kills

its air to ground= f35

air to air =f-22
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6727
sr-71 blackbird is retired... theyre replacing it w/ the aurora bomber which is gonna fly at mach 6...

i would say f15 coz it has NEVER been shot down... but then again f35b has stealth tech
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
BVC
+325|6706
After a good lager and a vindaloo, my arsehole has a form of thrust vectoring!

mcminty wrote:

The Harrier, the only other succesful VTOL fighter was incapable of cruising
supersonically.
Actually, there was a Russian VTOL fighter, the Yakovlev Yak-38
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakovlev_Yak-38

Last edited by Pubic (2006-04-26 06:35:24)

FoShizzle
Howdah Lysozyme
+21|6638|Pittsburgh, PA

mcminty wrote:

The AC-130 would be awesome. It could replace the artillery. "request close air support on this position". The plane would circle the area and pound it like the artillery does.
I think that is a great idea...I got to see one of them fire prior to going into Somalia.  Just awesomely devastating. 

They were never allowed to fire in country (public relations/media), but they did use their infrared spot light to luminate the area in front of our lines when things got a little hairy.  The thing lit up an area the size of a football field and we had anpvs7 night vision goggles.  The Somalies continually got caught in the open...the "end of round" tally went something like this...Somali casulaties - 127 KIA, 5 vehicles KIA.  USMC casualties - 0.  It was a good day to be in the Corps.
ckaplan
+7|6608
Ah, the Rickety Rocket or Wobbly Goblin.  It's a subsonic bomber.

Last edited by ckaplan (2006-05-01 00:53:39)

acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6703|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

1stLt.MikeUSAF wrote:

Longbow wrote:

Su-37 isn't even serial-produced , it's only a prototipe , how you can "shot" down it ?
Man , this plane is still not complete , it is  develope now  .
Fulcrum is rather old plane , the new modification is MiG-29M and it's much better .
I dont say american jets are bad . They are good , but for some things russian are better .
The one thing , in what your planes are better - is electronics . Ours is old and it sux And new goverment doesn't gives military industry such a lot money , as in USSR .
Red Flags are sorties and combat missions with out the missles being involved. Red October? Ever hear of it? Well it's a group of USAF and USN and a group of Russians. It's a wargame pretty much. We go at each other and if locked on and engage a missle sends signal to CT and then that aircraft must land andis out of play. Su-37 and 47 are out and in Red October. The Prototype of the 37 is what the comrades are flying. Thank you are planes are and always will be better!
From what I've read/seen, Red October is where US pilots go up against Luftwaffe pilots (Germans) who are in MiG-29s.
Hiei987
+20|6702
If only ingame jets, Mig29. If any jets, F22 and Su47 when it comes out. Not really going to argue here...
exodus-17
+2|6583
the F-35 is actually the best plane right now...Its in production and going through test phases in the U.S as a stealth bomber/fighter. Its mostly a bomber. Pilots who want to become f-35 pilots have to go through special breathing training because the plane can bank at incredible speeds and can achieve incredible speeds never before seen. Its a shame they made it so crappy in the game
[BS]_Bone_
+17|6598|USA
F-35, no way any plane can keep up with that things tech except for the F22 no doubt, but it can land ANYWHERE due to vertical launch (but only the marine version of the real jet, the others are conventional and if you argue i can prove it) the supercruise is a HUGE advantage that no other plane even has so really, the F-15 can't beat it because they did a 4v1 testing against the F22 (i saw it on the discovery channel) and the F22 only was seen when he flew past them otherwise, it was like it was never there

EDIT: and sorry to bursts everyone's bubble, but the nighthawk is a fighter SIZED bomber, it can't shoot anything out of the sky

Last edited by [BS]_Bone_ (2006-05-04 16:46:21)

revolution.inc
Pass
+35|6782|Phoenix, Az
no doubt, the B2 Spirit
Rizen_Ji
+41|6746|200m out and smiling at you.
MIG-29...

I dunno, a good MIG pilot would beat almost any F-15 or 22 pilot.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6731|California

they are going to retire the F117 night hawk
-(PK)-DarkIllusion
+1|6851
i always loved the f1 mirage from DC, lol.. but IRL... idk.. f22?, j10?, f35?
vedds
+52|6765|Christchurch New Zealand

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

Everyone forget about the F-117A Nighthawks stealth fighter? There is nothing more deadly than these suckers. All they gotta do is sneak up behind you out of viewing range and knock you right out of the sky.

Mind you the F-22 is slated to replace them but these guys can carry 2000 pound laser-guided bombs and still maintain stealth while the F-22 have these pittly 235 pound ones.

The nighthawk has seen service and has one confirmed loss. Not bad.
The nighthawk has NO Air to Air capability, it is a strike aircraft.  No Air to Air missiles, no Air to Air radar and no cannon.

It is a brilliant attack craft but its not going to take anybody out of the sky.
ZuDragon
+1|6571

mastermofo wrote:

LimpPP wrote:

Being currently ENLISTED in the US AirForce its kind of easy.....as we can count them as they land....and if one doesn't come back...anyone who has touched the plane has to go piss in a cup, get blood drawn as we are drug tested. So little hard for us to not know. The people who work on them, load bombs on them, swap engines, work avionics on them....thats alot of people to fool. The B1-B Bomber shows up like a bird on the radar...it has no special paint....just a special engine design.  So now figure out how a aircraft with radar absorbant paint...no 90 degree angles....blacked out....how big do you think that is on a radar? Especially for some 3rd world radar.
When I get called for drug testing, and I'm waiting.... I wait untill I have to fart, not untill I have to pee, that way I get to have fun with the observer.  And I tell him I'm going to pee like an 8-year-old and I drop my pants to my knees (along with my underwear) and I fart then pee.  It's funny.  They're probably amazed that I actually piss clean.

I work on F-16s (america's most expensive Lawn Dart), it sux, but keeps us MXS people busy for sure.

I wish I worked on F-15s, those are cake for my career field.

I don't want to work on F-22s, heard those are bitches.

My pick for the AA fight?  Being in the Air Force I want to say one of our jets, but I feel it's not true.  Just seeing some of the technology in Russian Ejection seats had my head turning.  And if they applied that type of engineering to the rest of the plane, god help us. 

Rear looking Radar? Stealth? Rear Firing missles?  Pretty scary stuff.  However, logistically our Air Force is second to none, which will play a huge part in a dogfight believe it or not.  And the maticulous training our Pilots recieve, the amount of sorties we fly vs. them, will play a huge factor.  I would say with pilots like Mike in the Air, with his passion for his F-15 assures me that we would win.  However, if you've ever seen Isreal's pilots, (No offense Lt.) but those guys are fucking crazy.  Every exercise I"ve been to they've pwnd us in every catagory and with NO G suit.  Yea... seriously...

Aircraft of choice:  Su-37 Berkut

Air Force of Choice who would still win:  USAF!!!!!!!
You are correct on every account my friend, except for the name.. the plane you are referring to in your last paragraph is the Su-47 Berkut (previously the S-37 Berkut while in prototype form).  The Su-37 is known as the Terminator and has been finalized but never went into production due to lack of funding. If you video search in yahoo or google you will see some amazing displays by that plane. This has been a most interesting post.. it pleases me to see people's patriotism on display, and there have been some very valid arguments from both sides.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard