sragoot
+3|6734
I say the F-15E STRIKE EAGLE cause its been tried and tested under combat conditions and came out on top on every single engagement and its improved doplar radar can spot multiple enemy air targets from over 100 miles away, and can engage up to 4 enemy air targets at once. Also it can bomb the hell out of the enemy with pin point accuracy and switch right back to the role of an air superiority fighter with a flick of a switch. This plane is a marvel of technology.

What are every body elses thoughts on this, if this has been posted already, so bloody what.

Last edited by sragoot (2006-03-04 15:28:40)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

A10, it may be cumbersome, but good lord it it one of the best planes ever
airborne916
+24|6664
WHAT KIND IF QUSTION IS THAT? the F-35 owns ALL with it's mach 1.5 in super cruse and mach 1.8 in full after burner. Plus it has full stealth and the wepons are all in a wepons bay in the jet, so when it fires the bay door is only open for 1 second. SO it would go open, fire, close in just one second. The F-25 owns the F-15 in every way possble, the F-15 went up againts the F-35 in the testing and got raped.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6629|Washington, DC

I'd say MiG-29. The J-10 and JSF have yet to see combat. The F-15 SE is too bulky. The F-18 would definetly have a fighting chance against the MiG though. The Su-30 and -34 would lose against the MiG. So, MiG-29.
1stLt.MikeUSAF
+3|6634

sragoot wrote:

I say the F-15E STRIKE EAGLE cause its been tried and tested under combat conditions and came out on top on every single engagement and its improved doplar radar can spot multiple enemy air targets from over 100 miles away, and can engage up to 4 enemy air targets at once. Also it can bomb the hell out of the enemy with pin point accuracy and switch right back to the role of an air superiority fighter with a flick of a switch. This plane is a marvel of technology.

What are every body elses thoughts on this, if this has been posted already, so bloody what.
I have to say F-15C because I fly them! 4 enemy targets is not true, its only 3. and plus it's not 100 miles its only 60-75 NMs and thats only with ARAAMs, thous we can carry 4 or 3 UGBs. Thanks for choosing my plane! But, I gotta say I'm being reordered to the F/A-22 in 2 years so we will see if that lives up to it's glory that I hear about all over base.  The Doppler rader on the bird helps a TON in 0.1 visablity!

Last edited by 1stLt.MikeUSAF (2006-03-04 16:22:13)

jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.
I read someone the jsf is the second best jet fighter in the world dont know if its true but it looks cool,second only to the f22.
mjw
The All Rounder
+22|6758|Rotherham, England
lol, i always loved the f14 tomcat, but that would get raped these days, so i would probably have to go with the f18 super hornet for an air to air fighter, but for an overall balance i suppose the f15 would still kick ass.

I'm not counting F35 or Eurofighter in my decision as neither have had the chance to prove themselves yet.

*edit for typos*

Last edited by mjw (2006-03-04 16:19:04)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6629|Washington, DC

It may be by specifications, but we'll only learn in true battles. Which is why I defend my MiG-29A statement. The F-35's never been in battle nor has the J-10, and the F-15 in the game is the heavier Strike Eagle variant.
1stLt.MikeUSAF
+3|6634

airborne916 wrote:

WHAT KIND IF QUSTION IS THAT? the F-35 owns ALL with it's mach 1.5 in super cruse and mach 1.8 in full after burner. Plus it has full stealth and the wepons are all in a wepons bay in the jet, so when it fires the bay door is only open for 1 second. SO it would go open, fire, close in just one second. The F-25 owns the F-15 in every way possble, the F-15 went up againts the F-35 in the testing and got raped.
I'm sorry to say that was 2 out of 3, my friend flew in that fake sortie at KEWD. the F-15 "raped" it after the second try! Sure it has a bay to hold the weapons, thats only to decrease drag and and keeps it's profile. The VTOL adds alot more wieght so that decreaes the range. Super Cruise? you mean throttle 90%? F-15 is my baby and it "rapes" the other leadaing Air Sup. aircraft out there. Mig-29, Su-37, F-35, and F-16 And plus, are you what variant are you talking about?

Last edited by 1stLt.MikeUSAF (2006-03-04 16:21:28)

The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6744|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark
The Harrier.... there was 12 used in the Falklands war and none were shot down by enemy fire. But they brought down alot of enemy fighters..... I think the Agentines called them the "black death".
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6773|Noizyland

Hercules Transport planes. New Zealand constantly gets the international Airforce award for best maintained old-as-shit transport planes. The awards are generally given to planes in airforce museums or collections, but in New Zealand they're still in service!

For something that just outlasts all the other planes, that makes them dominate all.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
1stLt.MikeUSAF
+3|6634

stryyker wrote:

A10, it may be cumbersome, but good lord it it one of the best planes ever
The A-10 didn't give us F-15C's a chance in the Gulf War! I flew 13 sorties and only 1 confirmed kill that was a T-80 MBT. Our unit wanted more, but those A-10's bet us to our objectives.
1stLt.MikeUSAF
+3|6634

Tyferra wrote:

Hercules Transport planes. New Zealand constantly gets the international Airforce award for best maintained old-as-shit transport planes. The awards are generally given to planes in airforce museums or collections, but in New Zealand they're still in service!

For something that just outlasts all the other planes, that makes them dominate all.
I like the H-bird as we call it. I love the AC-130 Spectr.
1stLt.MikeUSAF
+3|6634

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

It may be by specifications, but we'll only learn in true battles. Which is why I defend my MiG-29A statement. The F-35's never been in battle nor has the J-10, and the F-15 in the game is the heavier Strike Eagle variant.
The F-35 has been in 68 I think, Mock Sorties over Eds. Then we just stop hearing about it on base. 68 tests that is.

Last edited by 1stLt.MikeUSAF (2006-03-04 16:28:30)

Lib-Sl@yer
+32|6712|Wherever the F**k i feel like
I wish the had raptors in BF2. but i guess that would be unfair cause a raptor would tear up everything
airborne916
+24|6664

1stLt.MikeUSAF wrote:

airborne916 wrote:

I'm sorry to say that was 2 out of 3, my friend flew in that fake sortie at KEWD. the F-15 "raped" it after the second try! Sure it has a bay to hold the weapons, thats only to decrease drag and and keeps it's profile. The VTOL adds alot more wieght so that decreaes the range. Super Cruise? you mean throttle 90%? F-15 is my baby and it "rapes" the other leadaing Air Sup. aircraft out there. Mig-29, Su-37, F-35, and F-16 And plus, are you what variant are you talking about?
yeah super cruse, it flys at mach 1.5 with no after burners so it the heat signature is not to hot. The VTOL  verson i bleve is only being made for the navy and marines im not sure on that one. btw the mig-29 gives any jet a run for it's money, aslong as it's with aa goof polot in the seat. Have you been to red october? or is that for navy only?

Last edited by airborne916 (2006-03-04 16:44:23)

NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6669|Everett, WA, US
F-35B.  Its an improvement on the F-18 and F-15, which already dominate the air.  Not in the skies yet, but it should be soon.
belikeron
+-1|6632
I want bf2 to have the A-10 and the AC-130. Oh and AAVs please, with thier 40mm grenade laucnher =p
1stLt.MikeUSAF
+3|6634

airborne916 wrote:

1stLt.MikeUSAF wrote:

airborne916 wrote:

yeah super cruse, it flys at mach 1.5 with no after burners so it the heat signature is not to hot. The VTOL  verson i bleve is only being made for the navy and marines im not sure on that one. btw the mig-29 gives any jet a run for it's money, aslong as it's with aa goof polot in the seat. Have you been to red october? or is that for navy only?
Ok every aircraft has a heat signature, evenwith out th AB. I must take back what I said, The Mig-29  I must say is a great aircraft! And yes ,it does give pilots a good fight at Red October. Red October is both USN and USAF and a group of Russian "Comrades".  I'm sorry but what I do and the specs on my career is GI. Sorry!

Last edited by 1stLt.MikeUSAF (2006-03-04 16:54:46)

1stLt.MikeUSAF
+3|6634

belikeron wrote:

I want bf2 to have the A-10 and the AC-130. Oh and AAVs please, with thier 40mm grenade laucnher =p
It's not a GL its a real artillery piece! I don't know what piece thou. In, BF2 the AC-130 would have to have a gunner for each weapon system. If I remeber right I think there are four weapon pieces onboard.
FromTheAshes
+53|6703
None, I'd shoot it down...
1stLt.MikeUSAF
+3|6634

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

F-35B.  Its an improvement on the F-18 and F-15, which already dominate the air.  Not in the skies yet, but it should be soon.
Thank you, we do dominate the "friendly" skies.
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6739
A paper plane, just think about all those paper cuts.

Nasty.
1stLt.MikeUSAF
+3|6634
Man I'm just hogging this topic! Cut me some slack it's about my job.
jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.

1stLt.MikeUSAF wrote:

Man I'm just hogging this topic! Cut me some slack it's about my job.
ok ok.So you looking forward to piloting the f22?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard