Giant_Squid500
+5|6643|U.S.A.
I don't know everything that the patch did but I think it became more racially diverse in its classes.

What do I mean by that? Well before 1.2 only the big heavy weapons (support, AT, and Assault classes) were carried by black guys, like white people are to weak to carry big heavy weapons.  And only the light weapons were carried by white people, like a black person can't know how to heal a person, or shoot someone from far away.  I always thought it was kind of funny that hte game worked like that.

But since this 1.2 patch i've notice in some games there will be a black medic guy, or a black special forces guy, or a white support guy.  Would this have been just a glitch or did they really make the classes more racially diverse.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6808
Don't even post stuff like this as it gets everyone all wound up. Try and keep it lighter.

It does crack me up that you can knife a guy in Virtuall Reality but you can't curse at him in it.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6676|Antarctica
Its the same m8, but lets say you are support and you just killed a sniper.  If you pick up his kit you will be a blackguy, but have the sniper kit.
CackNBallz
+45|6713|Toronto, Canada

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Its the same m8, but lets say you are support and you just killed a sniper.  If you pick up his kit you will be a blackguy, but have the sniper kit.
Thus becoming the ultimate sniper in shadows!
airborne916
+24|6636

Giant_Squid500 wrote:

I don't know everything that the patch did but I think it became more racially diverse in its classes.

What do I mean by that? Well before 1.2 only the big heavy weapons (support, AT, and Assault classes) were carried by black guys, like white people are to weak to carry big heavy weapons.  And only the light weapons were carried by white people, like a black person can't know how to heal a person, or shoot someone from far away.  I always thought it was kind of funny that hte game worked like that.

But since this 1.2 patch i've notice in some games there will be a black medic guy, or a black special forces guy, or a white support guy.  Would this have been just a glitch or did they really make the classes more racially diverse.
Yeah, im black and i was kinda wondering that as well. Like the black guy cant shoot ot heal people. But it's still the same but if your lets say support and you kill and medic and take his kit your still back.
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6699|Honolulu, HI
Is it too much to ask to occasionally see an Asian or Middle Eastern face rendered on top of a USMC body?  I mean, hell, they programmed several already for use on the MEC and PLA armies.  And it's not as though the Marines only have white and black soldiers...I've known a few Asian Marines in my time.  Maybe you don't see too much diversity in China or the Middle East but come on, America's a melting pot!

Anyway I always thought it was funny how the in-game radio always sounds like a white guy (on USMC anyway), but if you're standing close enough to a black soldier when he revives, throws ammo, or throws first aid, it's a distinctly different voice.  Hell, they went through the trouble of recording two different voices saying "Get first aid, here!", they should program them into the radio.

Just my two cents...
DarkObsidian
+6|6607|Arizona, USA
It wasn't racist, only you are for noticing small details like that.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
If you spawn as a black guy and you pick up a white guys kit, you're still black but with a white kit and vice-versa.
Amish_electrition22
+9|6607|Minneapolis-MN
Another pointless post.....
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
+17|6714|Switzerland (Im not swiss tho)

Giant_Squid500 wrote:

LOL i thought that too.

thought it was the subconcious racism of white geekboy programmers@ EA/dice that made it that way.

but yeah, like everyone said before, its picking up the kits etc.
Esker
+1|6697
Nigga stole my defibrillators!
F.Rabshaw
+37|6653

CackNBallz wrote:

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Thus becoming the ultimate sniper in shadows!
hahaha. until... they smile.
Esker
+1|6697
I wish Samuel Jackson did the voices for the black guys...
airborne916
+24|6636

[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra wrote:

Is it too much to ask to occasionally see an Asian or Middle Eastern face rendered on top of a USMC body?  I mean, hell, they programmed several already for use on the MEC and PLA armies.  And it's not as though the Marines only have white and black soldiers...I've known a few Asian Marines in my time.  Maybe you don't see too much diversity in China or the Middle East but come on, America's a melting pot!

Anyway I always thought it was funny how the in-game radio always sounds like a white guy (on USMC anyway), but if you're standing close enough to a black soldier when he revives, throws ammo, or throws first aid, it's a distinctly different voice.  Hell, they went through the trouble of recording two different voices saying "Get first aid, here!", they should program them into the radio.

Just my two cents...
i hate to say i but a Asian,  Middle Eastern, face rendereds are all ready ready in the game just on a diffrent team. YES ITS TO MUCH TO ASK, they cant even make the black guy a diffrent face he has the same face for every kit with a blak guy. But check out the medin, spec ops, sniper, engey and they all have diffrent faces.

Last edited by airborne916 (2006-03-06 17:24:14)

TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6818|-
I didn't know BF2 was racist to begin with...
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6701|Rochester, NY
whoa... u are going too far!!!
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6670|NCFSU2
There are no races in my Marine Corps. We're all green.
xconrob
Banned
+0|6641|Canada

Giant_Squid500 wrote:

What your problem with black people? are you racist i happend to be african-candaian got a problem with me healing someone.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6617|Peoria

[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra wrote:

Just my two cents...
that might make the game confusing. A terrorist head on a USMC body might make a noob confused, resulting in teamkills.
ModestFire
+0|6660
Yeah if your an anti tank guy and pick up a spec-ops kit your not going to turn white, no ones going to pull a michael jackson.(Sorry for that comment it was just waiting to be said.)
A.Frade
Banned
+4|6660
PFC_Kurtz_John
+0|6749|VA
ROFL holy shit this is funny.
DeadJim
+19|6719|Valencia, California

Esker wrote:

Nigga stole my defibrillators!
HAHhahahahaha.... Too funny....

no, not black - and _certainly_ not racist.... I choose to discriminate against stupid people, and they come from EVERYWHERE.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6759|Singapore

Lol I Was Laughing My Brains Out
Kiss_my_white_ass
Banned
+1|6646
you're an idiot. You're comparing kits to race. Or maybe your racist because you think a black man can't fight?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard