dackel
+1|6660
just got my downloadcode from my store. downloaded the downloader from ea and tried to install it. the message said: xp or higher needed.

does ea want to piss me off or what.
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6692|England, UK
BF2 is actually XP only aswell. Do you run BF2 on Win 98 or millenium? My mate hasn't bought BF2 yet as he has millenium. Thx
section9
+9|6839|USA
These are the requirements for bf vanilla:
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Windows XP (32-bit) with Admin rights
1.7 GHz Intel Celeron D / Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP/ Sempron or greater
512 MB of RAM or more
8x or faster CD/DVD drive
2.3 GB free hard drive space or more
Video: DirectX 9.0c compatible (see video)
Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible (Sound Blaster X-Fi series recommended )
VIDEO
Video card must have 128 MB or more memory and one of the following chipsets:
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 or greater
ATI Radeon 8500 or greater
maybe you should read the box or the website:   http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ … atures.jsp
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6825
pwned
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6722|Rochester, NY
hahaha!!!
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6780|England
Get XP?
dackel
+1|6660
i run 2000 on an in all other ways sufficient rig and normal bf2 is running pretty well, sf sucks a little bit. but now i can´t even get the downloader running. never happened to me that a game or software with such wide area of appliance is so limited on one os.

also ea has no propper contact available for my request. does anyone else have one?
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6833|Cologne, Germany

hmm..I also run Win2000 and have never had problems with BF2 or SF ( apart form the crashes to desktop, but those also happen to XP users ).

Still, the game has only been tested on XP, and there is no guarantee it will run on older OS. I wouldn't know why EF won't run though. EF is basically vanilla BF2, so if BF2 runs on your machine, I'd suppose EF will too.

Personally, I will find out on March 9th...

I wonder why EA didn't bother to test BF2 for Win2000. After all, it is still a OS used frequently among the community.

moved to Euro Forces subforum.
dackel
+1|6660
thx @b.schuss (are you under ...?)

btt: it´s no problem with running. it´s a problem with the downloader. this prog from ea doesn´t work under 2000 and i have noone arount who has or is reliable enough to do that for me. i think when it´s downloaded everything is fine, but ea won´t let me install the downloader.

maybe ea is a sidekick of ms?
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6637
get xP fast
B.Schuss

dackel wrote:

I am under ?

was meinste ?
Urlor J'kron
Medic Whore
+0|6677|Alabama, USA

dackel wrote:

btt: it´s no problem with running. it´s a problem with the downloader. this prog from ea doesn´t work under 2000 and i have noone arount who has or is reliable enough to do that for me. i think when it´s downloaded everything is fine, but ea won´t let me install the downloader.

maybe ea is a sidekick of ms?
If anything they might be getting pressured by MS. MS doesn't make friends...
dackel
+1|6660
ich meinte, ob du unter beschuss liegst.
B.Schuss

dackel wrote:

ich meinte, ob du unter beschuss liegst.
ach so....

naja, ich würde sagen, das kommt relativ häufig vor, aber in BF2 ist das ja nichts ungewöhnliches. Aber dafür nehme ich auch viele andere unter Beschuss. Den nick hab ich schon seit CS 1.0, schien mir passend für die ganze FPS Thematik.
Flyboy63
+8|6696|South Australia
omfg only old people & noobs use 98
dackel
+1|6660
noone said i use 98. the problem occured with win 2000. i wouldn´t get me xp just for a damn downloader.

ea should think about that. imo there are a hell of a lot people using 2000 even in bf2.
B.Schuss

like me, for example. Can't wait for other user reports on EF with Win2000

I'll sticky this for exactly that reason.
Speelbal
+146|6744|Netherlands
Try to run the installer under Windows XP.

Rightclick Installer > properties.
Go to the Compatibilty TAB.
Under: Compatibilty Mode > Check: Run this Programme in another Compatibilty mode:
Select Windows XP from the drop-down menu.
Press Apply
Press OK
Try again.

[WaReZ Mode]O yeah. If you think Windows XP is too expensive, consider to get in on another way. [/WaReZ Mode]

For the record: Windows XP is a nice update for your computer. http://www.buycheapsoftware.com/details … D~1791.asp

Only 142 US Dollars. That's not so much money is it?

Note, over $200,00,- is free shipping in the US.

For your own online-store, search google on": "Cheap Windows XP".

Last edited by Speelbal (2006-03-06 06:45:29)

dackel
+1|6660
i don´t think that 2000 has a compatibility mode for xp.

here in germany you get xp prof up from 99 euro. but i always hate to set up an all new os. just did this recently for 2000 and have now a seperat account for my girl-friend, so she doesn´t messes around as an admin.

hopefully by may she will have her own laptop so she stays away from my rig.

Last edited by dackel (2006-03-06 07:12:32)

faust82
+0|6778|Sykkylven, Norway

B.Schuss wrote:

I wonder why EA didn't bother to test BF2 for Win2000.
I'm not quite sure they tested it at all...
stp
+0|6620|Switzerland
perhaps someone can build a torrent whit EF in it.
so the w2k users can install it without the ea-downloader
dackel
+1|6660
i´m not completely sure if this will work. because in order to get the downloader you have to submit the download-code and your gamespy-id. tell me if i´m wrong, but i think this is implemented in the downloader and so you can just download this special booster pack and cannot share your download.

maybe someone should check. otherwise, ea would probably not allow such sharing.
B.Schuss

it would be really unfortunate if Win2000 users couldn't play EF. I wonder if the patch will adress this...
dackel
+1|6660
just spoke with a colleague and she said she will try to download it for me. so probably by the weekend there are more news. though a lot of people will have the same problems as me, i think and probably there are also some which solve the problem by the march 9th.

i will have to wait and see.
minispud
+4|6730

dackel wrote:

just got my downloadcode from my store. downloaded the downloader from ea and tried to install it. the message said: xp or higher needed.

does ea want to piss me off or what.
Wow, kinda anachronous...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard