MajorHoulahan_MASH
+31|6692
Ok, these results restored my faith in the BF2s:EU community quite a bit.

On a more personal level, my PM here is open to Knightnifer if he wants to post an short apology from one player to another. I won't eat him alive.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6703|Oslo, Norway
Last night I only saw |TØP| elmo1337 (only elmo1337 is his name, |TØP| prefix) get kicked, not banned.

https://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6335/screen003ag5.jpg

nuff said.
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6727|Hell, p.o box 666

He got banned, again! Permban!
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6752

also noticed guppy online last night!
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6497|Belgium

mm yeah it was strange to see Knightnifer on the server yesterday as he got a 3 day ban? He was good commander and played with a lot of teamwork, but a punishment is a punishment, so... (or was it a 3 day ban on the forum?)

That elmo guy was annoying, I was driving the big jeep, and he in a small one, he just ran into me so he exploded and then he punished, seemed pretty forcing teamkill to me. I wish "he had left the internets" as he told here.
Slayer
---hates you

well well, I´ve heard something about he´ll get some help quiting the internets
JahManRed
wank
+646|6598|IRELAND

WilhelmSissener wrote:

Last night I only saw |TØP| elmo1337 (only elmo1337 is his name, |TØP| prefix) get kicked, not banned.

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6335 … 003ag5.jpg

nuff said.
I read what he said in chat. Some very bad racial abuse there. Those TOP guys are 90% made up of bad players IMO. They seam to take pride in it some what. Sad really. I would Ban him for that statement.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6685|Germany
knightknifer, u got a 3 day ban that expires on saturday around 2:30 pm.
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6531|Southampton, UK

I know, i know.
Captain has now (if anyone didnt already know, put the ban in place - Expires on Saturday, 14:27 WEST.)

Sorry for what i did guys.
But a deserved punishment is fair enough.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

JahManRed wrote:

WilhelmSissener wrote:

nuff said.
I read what he said in chat. Some very bad racial abuse there. Those TOP guys are 90% made up of bad players IMO. They seam to take pride in it some what. Sad really. I would Ban him for that statement.
TOP is in the process of cleaning their ranks, first step according to Nasty was moving their website and they have kicked a couple of members, even one of the guys that have been there since the start of TOP.

Nice move and a necessary one shall they ever regain any respect as a gaming community imho
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6685|Germany

knightnufer wrote:

Captain has now (if anyone didnt already know, put the ban in place - Expires on Saturday, 14:27 WEST.)
Erm, nope. I did. But doesn't matter anyway.
I posted my message above so that everybody knows and not to inform you.
Just so u know: Next glitch of yours won't be that "easy" anymore.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

Varegg wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

WilhelmSissener wrote:

nuff said.
TOP is in the process of cleaning their ranks, first step according to Nasty was moving their website and they have kicked a couple of members, even one of the guys that have been there since the start of TOP.

Nice move and a necessary one shall they ever regain any respect as a gaming community imho
About time too. I always though Nasty was a pretty cool guy, but some (read: most) of the guys in his clan are assholes, pure and simple. I wish him luck with cleaning it up a bit.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6703|Oslo, Norway
requestind a ban!

This guy was a pure tard, he even TK'd me when I was waiting for a plane (when 1 plane just took off leaving one plane to spawn in 30 seconds) He stood infront of planes, C4'd freindly attack choppers (when there were empty spots. Unfortunatley since I was flying I only got 3 screenshots.

killed in the hangar while waiting for the plane.
https://img477.imageshack.us/img477/769/screen006gc5.jpg
C4ing a plane he did not get.
https://img477.imageshack.us/img477/6743/screen004uw8.jpg
And at last accusing someone he did not get to C4 (out of ammo) of being admin and "hacking" into the plane.

https://img477.imageshack.us/img477/7522/screen005jz3.jpg

I rest my case ()

edit:

Yes, I did punish him when he TK'd me. Why? because I could not contact an admin at that time so i was waiting for the auto kick or ban.

and I told General-Echo about it.

edit 2 :

Yes, I did tell him he fails.

Last edited by WilhelmSissener (2006-09-13 10:29:37)

Echo
WOoKie
+383|6690|The Netherlands

superfly_cox wrote:

also noticed guppy online last night!
Uncle echo sees everything.

I saw he was online last night and stored his hash in a text document on my desktop so we can can ban him again if we feel thats necisary.

Did he misbehave in any way last night or was he annoying in chat etc?

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-09-13 11:08:26)

Slayer
---hates you

guppy behaved well the other day, played two round daquing and was gone... No need for actions atm.
Echo
WOoKie

WilhelmSissener wrote:

Yes, I did punish him when he TK'd me. Why? because I could not contact an admin at that time so i was waiting for the auto kick or ban.
Erm you shouldnt punish for accidental tks, you should punish for deleberate tks.

Edit: btw we cant ban someone on just a nick. We need his hash so he has to be on the server really. There's nothing we can do right now except remember his name and keep an eye on him when he comes back.

@ slayer, roger about guppy.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-09-14 09:03:12)

WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6703|Oslo, Norway

General-Echo wrote:

WilhelmSissener wrote:

Erm you shouldnt punish for accidental tks, you should punish for deleberate tks.

Edit: btw we cant ban someone on just a nick. We need his hash so he has to be on the server really. There's nothing we can do right now except remember his name and keep an eye on him when he comes back.

@ slayer, roger about guppy.
Sorry for the misunderstanding the information about my punish may have caused.

To clear things more up:
     I was waiting for the J-10 to respawn along with him and about 3 seconds into the wait he chucks down
the C4. Now I think no way he'll blow up the C4 with me right there so I just keep waiting. But I see him
running away from the hangar and I than think good, no competition for the jet. 5 seconds after he ran away he blows up the C4 well knowing that I am standing right ontop of it. Now if that tk was somehow accidental we clearly look upon that word in very different ways.

@ guppy, If he is the 1 star general I played with him today and he seemed to be ok besides not using teamwork at all.
Echo
WOoKie
This is profile on this forum and he was perm banned if you look at his title btw. http://forums.bf2s.com/profile.php?id=6947

These are his stats so yes its him. http://bf2s.com/player/48065303/
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6763
I just got kicked for "lack of respect to the admins".  I was explaining to another guy, not an admin, what "no attacking uncaps" means - he had trouble understanding because he thought he should have an exception, for some reason.

I was not being abusive, I was not disrespecting anyone.  However, the admins were warning and continuing to warn people for going into uncaps and not one of them was kicked.

It could be for asking why a round of Dalian Plant was abandoned when the admins were winning 197-174 (or something similar) but that was just one question.  Anyway, the admins tonight were terrible.  I might as well say it here since I didn't say it on the server, though that's why I was kicked.

Any response would be gratefully receied.

EDIT: Addendum.  It took two more rounds before people started getting kicked for TK's for vehicles, artillery on uncaps and forcing tk's by jumping in front of vehicles.  Thansk to Lt Goldman for getting a grip of the situation eventually.

Last edited by aardfrith (2006-09-16 16:42:15)

theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6721
You were kicked because you had typed a message basically saying that all the admins ever do is warn, warn, warn without taking any other action. So not only was this a false statement, but it was encouraging other players on the server to break the rules because they will now think that no one ever gets kicked. So to make an example, I kicked you.

As for you saying that no one was being kicked but eventually Goldman got on top of things, well this was because the admins who were playing had only joined into the game in the level where you were kicked. After this, any complaint was delt with accordingly. Not only was Goldman doing his admin duties, but there were several other admins who were monitoring the server.

As you were playing on the server, you will known how many people were breaking the rules on the Zatar map. All these players were kicked from our server, and as a result of this, many of the admins didn't really get a chance to play this map because they were too busy dealing with complaints. So it does not help when someone starts complaining about the admins in the game.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6685|Germany

aardfrith wrote:

It could be for asking why a round of Dalian Plant was abandoned when the admins were winning 197-174 (or something similar) but that was just one question.  Anyway, the admins tonight were terrible.  I might as well say it here since I didn't say it on the server, though that's why I was kicked.
Again, a false statement:

No Admin was wining. We were just to connect to the server and agreed on changing the map to Operation Clean Sweep.
If you would have watched closely you would have seen that all ["Admins=all[BF2s]?-> NO!]
had 0 or few points. But that kind of accusationing fits to your ingame messages.
Eat it, live with it and spare our and your own time.
You were one out of many we kicked tonight.
+ you were just an example.

Edit: I might take your: "Anyway, the admins tonight were terrible." as a compliment, cause we actually want to play too and have no all seeing eye.

Last edited by bmb|danCer (2006-09-16 18:16:45)

Lt.Goldman
BF2s EU Server Admin (RETIRED)
+330|6632|The Netherlands

aardfrith wrote:

I just got kicked for "lack of respect to the admins".
I was not being abusive, I was not disrespecting anyone.....
Anyway, the admins tonight were terrible.
@aardfrith  Do you see the contradiction in your own post ??

Remember that in most rounds hundreds of messages appear on the screen
Sometimes the scrolling goes so fast that you cannot even read some messages

So please be patient (we might not have seen your message) and re-type your message.

(BTW: all admins are doing their job...
It's only that I have a separate monitor for the admin program so I can probably see and react to violations more quickly)

Last edited by Lt.Goldman (2006-09-16 18:20:38)

captain-a
63 61 70 74 61 69 6e 2d 61
+141|6598|Germany
Pah, we're spending lots of time doing our job! We are running around, let us kill just to see who's raping an uncap, watching spawn points and chat messages, ghosting around and more. Sometimes we're not even getting a chance to play. And you wanna tell me we are doing a terrible job!?!?!?!?

Here are some nice chat msgs from you (just from yesterday!):

sucker, I only do 37
no thanks, you're ugly
fuck it
f u
But you didn't disrespected anyone - eh!
Any further questions?

Last edited by captain-a (2006-09-16 18:48:13)

De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6497|Belgium

And just so you know, not all BF2s members are admins. Some, like me, are no admin but try to warn people anyway cause sometimes it helps if I say: "Warning, don't attack the carrier" People often stop doing it then, not knowing I'm not an admin. The problem is, when they continue to do it, I have to hope an admin shows up soon. I know others do it too, and then it can seem that all 'admins' do is warn while it are just bf2s players explaining the rules.

But don't think admins don't do their job, they can't see everything, they can't kick someone every time someone else whines, cause then they have to kick 24/7. So first they warn, then they watch the guy to see if he is still doing it, and only then they kick the guy. And it's not because someone bombed the carrier, that in two seconds the guy will be kicked. We have no admin bots...

I suggest you read Hellhead's: story behind being an admin: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=22058
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6763

theDude5B wrote:

You were kicked because you had typed a message basically saying that all the admins ever do is warn, warn, warn without taking any other action. So not only was this a false statement, but it was encouraging other players on the server to break the rules because they will now think that no one ever gets kicked. So to make an example, I kicked you.

As for you saying that no one was being kicked but eventually Goldman got on top of things, well this was because the admins who were playing had only joined into the game in the level where you were kicked. After this, any complaint was delt with accordingly. Not only was Goldman doing his admin duties, but there were several other admins who were monitoring the server.

As you were playing on the server, you will known how many people were breaking the rules on the Zatar map. All these players were kicked from our server, and as a result of this, many of the admins didn't really get a chance to play this map because they were too busy dealing with complaints. So it does not help when someone starts complaining about the admins in the game.
Yes, the Zatar map was well admin'ed.  I compliment Lt.Goldman and any other admin that was active at the time.  I hadn't realised that the people who carry the BF2S tag aren't all admins and for that I apologize.

As for the reason I got kicked, it was on Operation Smoke Screen and I had seen three seperate warnings to people for going into the US base, the uncappable one, and wreaking havoc.  I, myself, was shot by a guy carrying a shotgun between the airfield section and the APC hangar.  What happens?  A warning.  So, it seemed to me like all that happened were warnings.  Is 3 warnings enough?  Last time I checked, you have to be an admin to give a warning for that.  It's automated on POE2 and you get automated warnings for language - I should know - but for warning people about going into uncappable bases, you need an admin.  So don't be saying there weren't active admins at the time.

On the previous map, Dalian Plant, there were people tk'ing for planes and forcing tk's by standing in front of the China plan.  But, as I previously said, that round was ended prematurely and, as far as I know, only an admin can do that.  The game was evenly balanced at the time and China had a chance to turn around the ticket scores but someone decided the US should be handed a victory.  So, tell me again that the admins only came in on OSS...

captain-a wrote:

Pah, we're spending lots of time doing our job! We are running around, let us kill just to see who's raping an uncap, watching spawn points and chat messages, ghosting around and more. Sometimes we're not even getting a chance to play. And you wanna tell me we are doing a terrible job!?!?!?!?

Here are some nice chat msgs from you (just from yesterday!):

sucker, I only do 37
no thanks, you're ugly
fuck it
f u
But you didn't disrespected anyone - eh!
Any further questions?
Okay, let me respond to each of those chat messages.
"sucker, I only do 37" - someone had just said he worked 48 hour weeks and was generally bragging.  Is "sucker" not allowed?  If not, I will try to avoid it.
"no thank, you're ugly" - response to someone saying "fuck you"
"fuck it" - I was having a bad series of rounds and left immediately afterwards.  Okay, fair do's, it was wrong.
"f u"  not on the same line.  There was chat in between.

None of those was directed at an admin and only the first two were directed at individuals.

Lt.Goldman wrote:

aardfrith wrote:

I just got kicked for "lack of respect to the admins".
I was not being abusive, I was not disrespecting anyone.....
Anyway, the admins tonight were terrible.
@aardfrith  Do you see the contradiction in your own post ??
No, I don't  On the server I was not showing a lack of respect or being abusive to any admin. The line "Anyway, the admins tonight were terrible" was posted on here, not on the server and could not have contributed to getting kicked.

Thankyou to theDude5B for explaining why I was kicked.  Thanks to all of you for taking the time to respond.  Hopefully I will see you on the battlefield in better circumstances.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard