d11fdj
+3|6740|Athens
Cool, well most days i'll be on from 1600 to 1800 and again after 2100.  Basically, the server is on my favourites so i'll log on whenever i'm at home.

Catch you there, prepare for a serious greek killing spree...
SwearingCashew
+0|6664
To set your server up so people switch sides ( only way I know how) is to use BF2cc and click on the AUTO ADMIN tab. You will see the option in there. Then just save the changes.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6832|Cologne, Germany

SwearingCashew wrote:

To set your server up so people switch sides ( only way I know how) is to use BF2cc and click on the AUTO ADMIN tab. You will see the option in there. Then just save the changes.
that's fixed, thx
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6747|Hell, p.o box 666

B.Schuss wrote:

But what do you think about agreeing on a rendez-vous time?  Obviously not tonight because Liverpool are

I'll be cheering on Bayern Munich tonight since they are the last german club left in the champions league ( god, why did the Bremen keeper drop that ball yesterday.. ).

We could agree on a rendez-vous time, but as long as the server is down, that doesn't make much sense, does it ? I'll be on every night, as soon as the server is back up again.
Tim Wiese sucks, just think about his pink Shirt... I´ve never liked him even I was a huge Kaiserslautern Fan at the time he played there...

Back to the Server: any Notion when the server will be back? Cant wait to meet some of you Guys on the field
B.Schuss

nope. No info from i3d yet.
d11fdj
+3|6740|Athens
Just a couple of ideas here.

Over the weekend, the server was mostly full.  However, only a couple of people were from BF2s, which led me to think that maybe we should try and advertise it more on the forums. 

Possible suggestions:

1) how many people prefer 32 players instead of 64?  In my case, definitely 32, I get laggy with 64 and i feel there's less tactics involved.

2) if the server is full all the time, would it be a good idea to create a password, that would be available on this site?  Then you could guarantee that people from this site would have exclusive rights to the server, and also that perhaps more people would sign up, or get to know about the site.

Just thinking aloud, please tell me your opinions.
graag
+7|6666
The server isn't ranked if you password protect it.
voltage
+46|6831|Sweden
@d11fdj: make a poll about the number of players!
B.Schuss

d11fdj wrote:

Just a couple of ideas here.

Over the weekend, the server was mostly full.  However, only a couple of people were from BF2s, which led me to think that maybe we should try and advertise it more on the forums. 

Possible suggestions:

1) how many people prefer 32 players instead of 64?  In my case, definitely 32, I get laggy with 64 and i feel there's less tactics involved.

2) if the server is full all the time, would it be a good idea to create a password, that would be available on this site?  Then you could guarantee that people from this site would have exclusive rights to the server, and also that perhaps more people would sign up, or get to know about the site.

Just thinking aloud, please tell me your opinions.
well, I don't know. Not everyone has the same name ingame as on the forums. Limiting the server to community members would be a good idea, but unfortunately, you cannot run passwords on ranked servers. they must be public by definition.
What we could do, though, is reserve a couple of slots for community members ( by hash ).
I did plan to reserve at least two slots for admins ( in case there is a violation and one of us needs to connect to the server to verify it ), but I haven't come round to actually doing it. Server was down most of the time until this weekend anyway.

I have been thinking about trying to enforce teamplay on the server, but that's difficult to pull off.
d11fdj
+3|6740|Athens
Hey guys, what do you think about including the booster pack maps in the rotation?  I played taraba quarry and great wall last night, and i liked them. 

For all those complaining about the armour whoring, don't forget it's a good oppurtunity to earn those repair points, i need another 500 for my medal of valour.

See you tonight.

{GRE} d11fdj
B.Schuss

well, I do plan to include the EF maps in the mapcycle, but I won't do it until my own version of EF is working. Just bought it yesterday here in germany and I will have to perform a little bit of computer trickery to get it running on my Win2000 rig. I hope it's done before the weekend.

Edit: just finished the download, burned the relevant folders on cd. now it's time to install...
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6706|Germany

B.Schuss wrote:

well, I do plan to include the EF maps in the mapcycle, but I won't do it until my own version of EF is working. Just bought it yesterday here in germany and I will have to perform a little bit of computer trickery to get it running on my Win2000 rig. I hope it's done before the weekend.

Edit: just finished the download, burned the relevant folders on cd. now it's time to install...
mine is coming from amazon in a couple of days. actually they gave me 5,-€ off. i don't know why.
but i like it @B. are there any specialities with the installation procedures that i have to take care?
I just don't want to screw my system up again.

Last edited by bmb|danCer (2006-03-16 15:07:56)

B.Schuss

well, If you run a XP system, there will be no problems with the download and installation, since the EA downloader is compliant with XP. If you run Win2000 though ( like I do ), most people have said that the EA downloader ( basically a steam like file distribution system ) does not work with Win2000.

There are ways to get around the issue. Those are outlined in this thread: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=16624

specifically this post by staticblue http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=242309#p242309
is helpful. I have also posted my own account of the installation process on my win2000 rig today. it is a bit more detailed.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6706|Germany
ok, i got it today.
First of all, i gotta say that i have xp BUT the installation was not as easy as i thought compared to you Win2k users here.
I had to create another account and had to match my account-name to the key. Then i installed the downloader which was ok too.
BUT then again, the pain-in-the-ass-ea-downloader said activex had to be enabled, which was not.
Another BUT was in the air: where will i find that? the installer-faq told me to look in ie-internet settings.
Fortunatley i still had, i thought i deinstalled it when i first set up the os and suffered almost on a heard attack.

I just don't get it, i read about you people having firstly troubles with the installer.
That ea just can't deliver it on a cd or let people download like normal patches.
The registration with the key would have been enough and that downloader was unnecessary.
Since u can save the expansion and upolad it to others.
All they have to do is to registrate their key with their nickname. But i'm sure u know that.
Everything works now and i esepcially like the supportergun of the european union
But that should be posted in another forum, i am getting off the topic, as i am reading my post over again.

Well, when will EF-Maps be on the server?

Last edited by bmb|danCer (2006-03-17 12:47:35)

B.Schuss

well, I think I will put them in the cycle either today or tomorrow
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6710|The Netherlands
I dont have the euro force booster, will i get kicked from the server when the map changes to an ef map? Howmany ef maps have been put in the rotation? *thinking about getting ef tomorrow*

I think it might be harder to get the game started with an ef map. I think karkand is still the best map to get it up and running. Please change the map to karkand when the server is empty so it ll be easier to get the game started. Thx.
B.Schuss

alright,. fair point. start map changed to karkand.
0akleaves
+183|6604|Newcastle UK
them maps r cool
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
$kelet0r
+16|6673
why not call the server Middle East Theatre and play all the MEC maps on 2 round rotation - makes sense and would please everyone
B.Schuss

well, as far as maps are concerned, it is impossible to please everyone anyway. If I leave the mapcycle as it is now, some will complain that there are no EF maps or they will demand that Kubra Dam be added. Others hate Wake and never will play when that map comes up.

The server has been running pretty good with the mapcycle as it is now. I did put in the EF maps briefly on saturday, but it turned out that no one has EF yet, so the server was running empty until sunday, when I removed the maps. One hour later, the server was full.  Go figure. I'll add Gulf of Oman, cause it's a great map, but I will wait with the EF maps for a while.
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6733|Topside

Me,Goldman and 2 other guys, had some fun when we tryed to fill up the server yesterday.
It took about 1 hour to get enough people for a game.

Last edited by Negerkungen (2006-03-20 05:34:06)

B.Schuss

I have thought about putting Gulf of Oman in the cycle... watcha think ?
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6811|Belgium

Maybe have a map of the week thing, just to keep some variation in the game

(I'm already fed up with Dailan plant, when either team succeeds in taking all the points it is waiting until the other team bleeds to death)

Cheers,
R
B.Schuss

alright, I'll do some map-swapping
voltage
+46|6831|Sweden
Could you post the map cycle here afterwards? Even better would be to post it in a locked thread of its own.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard