-=]DeatH1337[=-
+51|6634|England
Ok, bit of a silly one. How the hell do i improve my accuracy ? Sure i know about proning, switching to single shot fire in bursts etc. It's just that i seem to hit ppl alot of times, especially in close combat, yet they just turn around and kill me with one shot, and i really don't get it. I also see alot of players do a roll into a prone position and wanted to know how to do that too as the guys that do it to me get the kill most of the time.

Any help is really appreciated.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6752
To roll: press A or D and hit "go prone".
To improve accuracy: use burst mode weapons (G36E, M16A2) or carbines and try to use zoom all the time(med/far ranges).

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-03-02 11:25:06)

F0XTR0T_PJ
+0|6722
holy crap! Thnx for the tip Dr.Battlefield!
NPN_Scorpio
+2|6682|King's Island
Play some single player on easy and find the ranges where you can comfortably hit the semi-dormant bots, using different weapons, fire modes and stances. Concentrate on one or two classes per session, or total confusion will be the likely result.

In close quarters twitch and a cool head are more important than accuracy. A friend of mine has significantly lower accuracy than I have, but he owns me almost every time, and has a k/d ratio more than 3 times better than mine. Strafe, crouch, move around (don't go prone unless using an LMG, you get way too slow) and fire many short bursts at his centre of mass (easier to hit) or his face (1-shot kill with any weapon except pistols or SMG:s, that take 2).

Fiddle around with this against "tougher" bots, the easy ones are too slow to improve your reflexes.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the roll is just a cool animation when going prone from a strafe or sideways jump. That is, it's nothing to learn and you are probably doing it already (you crowdpleaser, you:)). The first-person view is not affected, it doesn't roll 360 degrees.
Gabbo
+1|6698
u roll when u press prone u dont have to press a or d wtf are u talking about u jsut cant see urself doing it ass wipe i know look at my stats

http://www.bf2s.com/player/61430699/
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6752

Gabbo wrote:

u roll when u press prone u dont have to press a or d wtf are u talking about u jsut cant see urself doing it ass wipe i know look at my stats

http://www.bf2s.com/player/61430699/
I know that. I ment roll left or right. I know it's a game engine shows "rolling", but there is a difference between just go prone and "roll" around the corner. Try it.
J0hn.F.Kenedy
+-1|6757|Longueuil
i use that a lot and since the update 1.2 i have to use it much more
A good way to evade from enemy fire is going prone while holding a or d then press ctrl quickly and press prone key again while holding the reverse key so a if it was d d if it was a....you can always shoot while doing this + its really hard for an enemy to shoot you and it give you some delay to line up your shots but when doing this you are really vulnerable from flank attack...
BudRell
+2|6837|Home
The best boost for accuracy is using SINGLE SHOTS only.

At 1st it feels almost unreal to get kills in "duels" but pretty soon you wonder why didn't you do it before.
There's no point using automatic in real life and this time it's the same in the game too.
The only case when you should use automatic function of some weapon is when you have multiple targets at very short range.
Even when you use the weapon in automatic, you should try to shoot very short bursts (2-3 rounds per time) and aim at the belly of the target.
[zulu]steviep831
+6|6633|Florida

J0hn.F.Kenedy wrote:

i use that a lot and since the update 1.2 i have to use it much more
A good way to evade from enemy fire is going prone while holding a or d then press ctrl quickly and press prone key again while holding the reverse key so a if it was d d if it was a....you can always shoot while doing this + its really hard for an enemy to shoot you and it give you some delay to line up your shots but when doing this you are really vulnerable from flank attack...
I disagree. Guys that do this in front of me make me laugh and then I kill them. All it does is make a bigger target for me and makes them easier to see. The guys that just go prone are much harder to hit. The ones that roll, cake, baby. Cake....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard