DarkObsidian
+6|6606|Arizona, USA
I am writing to EA Games and demanding that Battlefield 2 is fixed.
Though you may not agree with me, if thats the case, do not post.
I'm aware it's a game, but when you take things from real life, you need to portray them as they should be.
However, those of you who do agree, please send an email to EA demanding what we deserve.
My letter:
"To whom it may concern:

I am an American citizen, a future Marine, and a proud grandson of one.
However, there are MANY problems that need to be addressed in Battlefield 2.
Your team has released unacceptable bugs and glitches, but thats not my focus at the moment.
The standing of the game is disrespectful, not only to the United States of America, but the United States Marine Corps.
This is unacceptable.
I have included a list of the following things that need a change:
1. The SCAR-L, M16A2, M4A1, SRAW, M249, Beretta 92F and 92FS need to be redone.
They are inaccurate and ineffective in Battlefield 2 and this is unacceptable, these are some of the finest firearms ever created.
Need specifics? Please email me back.
2. Body armor can take far too much damage, especially at close range.
3. Humvees are weak and slow, in which it's real life counterpart are neither.
4. The M1A2 tank's armor is disgraceful, it's the strongest tank ever created.
5. The PKM and RPK are insanely accurate, which they should not.

I understand that this is a game and balance is required.
However, if you're making a game based on real life, it should reflect real life.
You insult this great country we live in, and the men and women who fight for it.
If this continues, I will boycott this game, and EA Games.
Though I would prefer not to, I demand respect for my country."
kaminikaze.be
+0|6660
it would be for the better if people like you boycott this game and further EA games.
did you even take the time to play the game ?
LG-MindBullets
+10|6691|Kirkland, WA
I think you're going to end up boycotting BF2, based on your expectations. While I agree that there are a few critical game play issues with BF2 that need to be addressed in a future patch, I don't have too many qualms with its realism. It's supposed to be a game, not a war simulator. Play America's Army if you want that. Games, especially multiplayer games, require balance. While I don't always agree with HOW certain elements of the game are balanced I do appreciate that Dice/EA took measures to make balance a greater priority than realism. I do agree that many of the weapons need to be more powerful and more accurate, but to actually have them function as they would in real life is unnecessary.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6719|Mark it zero.
well if they did make the tanks better like in real life, then to balance it they would need to give the other side atleast 2... if not 10. lol

edit: spelling

Last edited by Kamikaze17 (2006-03-02 16:49:34)

infernalzen
+0|6600
do - m1s gun isnt a shade on challangers!
you dont have smooth bore rifles, so why tanks?

enjoy your service dude.
JimKong
+31|6612|Ohio

DarkObsidian wrote:

I am writing to EA Games and demanding that Battlefield 2 is fixed.
I'm aware it's a game, but when you take things from real life, you need to portray them as they should be.
However, those of you who do agree, please send an email to EA demanding what we deserve.
My letter:
"To whom it may concern:

I am an American citizen, a future Marine, and a proud grandson of one.
However, there are MANY problems that need to be addressed in Battlefield 2.
Your team has released unacceptable bugs and glitches, but thats not my focus at the moment.
The standing of the game is disrespectful, not only to the United States of America, but the United States Marine Corps.
This is unacceptable.
I have included a list of the following things that need a change:
1. The SCAR-L, M16A2, M4A1, SRAW, M249, Beretta 92F and 92FS need to be redone.
They are inaccurate and ineffective in Battlefield 2 and this is unacceptable, these are some of the finest firearms ever created.
Need specifics? Please email me back.
2. Body armor can take far too much damage, especially at close range.
3. Humvees are weak and slow, in which it's real life counterpart are neither.
4. The M1A2 tank's armor is disgraceful, it's the strongest tank ever created.
5. The PKM and RPK are insanely accurate, which they should not.

I understand that this is a game and balance is required.
However, if you're making a game based on real life, it should reflect real life.
You insult this great country we live in, and the men and women who fight for it.
If this continues, I will boycott this game, and EA Games.
Though I would prefer not to, I demand respect for my country."
https://www.smith-delta.com/pictures/Sophie/February2004/crying.jpg
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6662|Calgary
It's just a game. Only a game. Hey, you can't respawn in real life
chipmunk2510
+0|6600
Heh he only mentioned American Weapons........
Dilbert2468
+6|6710|Australia
lol, jimkong that was the funniest thing ive seen all day
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6643|Colorado
FFS what a freaking nutjob. BF2 was never ment to be realistic, it was ment to be an arcade like war.
You demand respect? Respect is earned , not given & you've lost mine.
IronFerret
+48|6627|Mexico City.
I have red at least two interviews with the developers and they said many times... "ITS MEANT TO BE ARCADE LIKE WAR" "ITS MEANT TO BE ARCADE LIKE WAR""ITS MEANT TO BE ARCADE LIKE WAR""ITS MEANT TO BE ARCADE LIKE WAR""ITS MEANT TO BE ARCADE LIKE WAR" but some poeple just dont get it.. you want "reality" play.. american army or some game like it.. personally i find them boring.. but thats me.

Last edited by IronFerret (2006-03-03 21:07:01)

pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6704|cairns australia
asking people who dont agree with you not to post is just asking for it.there are many many threads already about this.i have an idea for anyone with bf2 complaints.fuck off we dont want hear it.dont play its quite simple really.
I2elik
+12|6722|Perth, Western Australia
Smacktard, go play some other game, BF2 is not about realism. It's also quite ignorant of you to only list the American weapons, they are not ALL the finest weapons made, you're one of those imperialistic patriots that think every american made product is superior, so STFU NOOB.
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6725
Well, if it was just like real life, the game wouldnt be a lot of fun... 64 people, you die once you dont come back til the next map, the american weapons (the only ones you mentioned) are ludicrisouly accurate & powerful, so no other side stands a chance. Additionaly the M1A1 isnt the strongest tank at the moment or that will ever be created.

The AWP in CSS is a portrayal of a real life weapon, but can the real one instantly kill someone recieving a shot to the hair?

Did you stop to think that perhaps the chinese or people of the middle east feel hard done by the game? Or that perhaps if DICE decided to make the game to your specifications, only you would play it?

Games are supposed to entertain the consumer & draw profit for the retailer.
[MAA]MI2
+3|6743

DarkObsidian wrote:

M16A2, M4A1.

DarkObsidian wrote:

these are some of the finest firearms ever created.
Shouldnt be in the same sentence...
NasmNLH
+6|6619
DarkObsidian, while I agree in part with your sentiment I wholeheartily disagree with "offense" taken by the attempt to balance the game.  Perhaps you feel that the USMC weapons/equipment are underpowered as compared to other armies' weapons/equipment and how that compares to reality and perhaps you are in part correct.  Sure, Humvees CAN (however often are NOT) be armored and top out at 83mph, Abrams have excellent armor and are extremely fast, and American Military forces will not fight without a MINIMUM of a 3:1 troop superiority over the enemy. 

What I object to most is your arrogance in "demanding" the situation be "remidied".  Please remember that this is a game and should be balanced.  The fact that you fail to object to the other "less than real" attributes of the game indicates your ignorant arogance.  How about the M95 not tearing troops apart with one shot?  How about Humvees and even more so Desert Patrol Vehicles having insane off-road capabilities?  Well, these things and what you've mentioned would make the game unbalanced.

How about EA/DICE calling the Amphibious Assault Ship LHD2 (USS Essex) an Aircraft Carrier and not an Amphibious Assault Ship?  Or how about the claymores being set off by "proximity" instead of a tripwire or manual trigger? 

If you want to complain about what you perceive to be injustices in EA's making of BF2 then fine.  However, I would ask you not to complain in a way that only helps enforce the point that Americans are as arrogant as much of the world might say.  As an American I resent your ignorant arragance and the way in which you choose to force your points on this International community.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
if u want realism, play americas army its even free
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
JimKong
+31|6612|Ohio
Download the PRMM mod if you want a more realistic version. BTW, BF2 is better "unrealistic".
twiistaaa
+87|6639|mexico
some of those guns arent even american as far as i know. theres a world outside of america if you didnt know.
YouWantFriesWithThat
+3|6609
I dont know what you guys are talking about this for ....seriously.
This game is totally realistic.
For example.
I went to the hardware store the other day and bought a magical crescent wrech.
So far I have used it to fix my tv, dishwasher and my fridge all while there were turned on.
Whilst driving the other day I got my friend to hold the wheel so I could "wave" my wrench along the side of the car to fix the engine and repair some dents.
I have never studied engineering EVER buyt thanks to my trusty magical "based on reality" crescent wrench I am not more powerfull than Macguyver in a shopping mall.

KIMJONG: Great post dude. Very funny.
Side note: Nice work with Hans Blix and the giant catfish...most impressive and we all eagerly wait your return.

I also think we should consult with EA to allow Us sanctions to be enforced in the game. Also instead of attacking we should be able to "Liberate" spawn points.
YouWantFriesWithThat
+3|6609
Quickl Typo fix...

I have never studied engineering EVER buyt thanks to my trusty magical "based on reality" crescent wrench I am "NOW"
more powerfull than Macguyver in a shopping mall.
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6628| United States of America

[MAA]MI2 wrote:

DarkObsidian wrote:

M16A2, M4A1.

DarkObsidian wrote:

these are some of the finest firearms ever created.
Shouldnt be in the same sentence...
amen. they may be the finest firearms in real life but in BF2 they are the biggest pieces of shit EVER!!!!
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

The aim of the game is not to make weapons or armies true to life. If it were, then yes the USMC team would fuck up the MEC and PLA teams something awful - they do have better weapons, as you so pointed out. There would be no point going in those other teams unless you wanted to loose all the time.

Battlefield 2 is not a tribute to US military superiority, it is a game where they had to make up some teams to fight each other. The USMC in the game is a FICTIONAL USMC, and should not be compared to the REAL USMC. Likewise the MEC and PLA, which don't even exist - yet.

Don't be all so high and mighty. You sound like a pompous whiney kid.

Edit: Very few people 'respect' America.

Last edited by Tyferra (2006-03-04 20:30:45)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

oberst_enzian wrote:

DarkObsidian wrote:

fuck off. go create your own forum, and then go crazy deleting replies you don't like. you can't post crap like this on a publically accessible internet forum and expect people not to respond with what they think. i've heard that you americans have something called 'freedom of speech' - you insult your "great country" yourself by expecting people to shut up if they disagree with you.
Good point. Why the Hell didn't I think of that? "This is what I think, but unless you agree with me, don't tell me what you think."
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6725
I could actualy picture the MEC throwing sand at American infantry, because they know that a few grains would mess up their assault rifles

Tier 3 unlock... bucket & spade

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard