Poll

Who would win in a fight Grizzly Bear vs. Gorilla?

Grizzly Bear65%65% - 19
Gorilla34%34% - 10
Total: 29
JoeMeal
+1|6832
So, my roommates and I are having an argument trying to decide who would win in this kind of a fight.

A grizzly bear vs. a gorilla (lets just say in a football field completely closed off)

just wanted to see what everyone thought

ANSWER THE POLL!!!.... please
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6988|San Francisco

Why is this posted in BF2 - Chatter?!
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6789|Hong Kong
u hav too much time on your hands.
ADMIN! close this topic
JoeMeal
+1|6832
its the only place i can post off topic stuff... and its really interesting stuff
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6988|San Francisco

JoeMeal wrote:

its the only place i can post off topic stuff... and its really interesting stuff
Uh, no, you can post 'off topic stuff' in the 'Not BF2S, Not BF2' section, as that's what it is for.
JoeMeal
+1|6832
well its there now
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6833
i think the Grizzly would win. Gorillas are way smaller than grizzlies, those bears are twice the size of a man (on its hind legs) and can take a bullet. Gorillas are strong, but they just have less defenses than a Grizzly...
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6988|San Francisco

JoeMeal wrote:

well its there now
Yes, after I put it there, but I am not your mommy and do not want to have to constantly be moving people's posts around.

Just post things in the proper forum the first time.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6912|PNW

I can guarantee you that after the gorilla dies (if it was a sizable and powerful one), the grizzly won't be very happy.
specops10-4
+108|6883|In the hills
I dont know, he did not specify what type of bear, if it was a koala bear, I swear those things are nasty... JK
Now a little more serious: after doing a tiny bit of reaserch... THE GRIZZILY WOULD OWN THE GORILLA!!!!!  Ok the average male silverback gorilla is like 500(180kg for you little people outside of the US!) pounds, it has no claws but it muscular and has large teeth.  However the grizzly is from 800-1200 pounds, is just as muscular as a gorilla, maybe not as smart or nimble, has teeth, AND CLAWS!  ok I will make a scenario:

The bear and the gorilla charge at eachother from both endzones, the gorilla attempts to ram the grizzlies large chest with his shoulder but the grizzly swipes the gorilla in the face with lots of force, the gorilla spins to the side, dazed and cut badly.  The grizzly charges down and barrels down the gorilla, but the gorilla dodges the grizzly as little, the gorilla catches thegrizzly off balance, and bites the grizzly on the side, the grizzly turns a bit and digs his claws into the back of the gorilla, and with overwhelming force slams it onto its back.  after that the grizzly just pounds on the gorilla and naws him to death.

A sad but entertaining ending.........................
zFeinT
+35|6809
Ah, one of those channels (Animal Planet, I think...not sure) had something like this: they pitted animals against eachother to see who would win, exactly like this.  Can't give an answer, though, heh.
JoeMeal
+1|6832

specops10-4 wrote:

I dont know, he did not specify what type of bear, if it was a koala bear, I swear those things are nasty... JK
Now a little more serious: after doing a tiny bit of reaserch... THE GRIZZILY WOULD OWN THE GORILLA!!!!!  Ok the average male silverback gorilla is like 500(180kg for you little people outside of the US!) pounds, it has no claws but it muscular and has large teeth.  However the grizzly is from 800-1200 pounds, is just as muscular as a gorilla, maybe not as smart or nimble, has teeth, AND CLAWS!  ok I will make a scenario:

The bear and the gorilla charge at eachother from both endzones, the gorilla attempts to ram the grizzlies large chest with his shoulder but the grizzly swipes the gorilla in the face with lots of force, the gorilla spins to the side, dazed and cut badly.  The grizzly charges down and barrels down the gorilla, but the gorilla dodges the grizzly as little, the gorilla catches thegrizzly off balance, and bites the grizzly on the side, the grizzly turns a bit and digs his claws into the back of the gorilla, and with overwhelming force slams it onto its back.  after that the grizzly just pounds on the gorilla and naws him to death.

A sad but entertaining ending.........................
IT SAYS GRIZZLY!!!!
gorillaking
+0|6786

Superior Mind wrote:

i think the Grizzly would win. Gorillas are way smaller than grizzlies, those bears are twice the size of a man (on its hind legs) and can take a bullet. Gorillas are strong, but they just have less defenses than a Grizzly...
BS I'm a gorilla i eat grizzlies for lunch we benchpress 400 pounds.

Bite me cause u know im right
gorillaking
+0|6786
gorillas travel in groups too biatch and in a 1 on 1 the gorilla would take his big fist of steel and smash the bear in the face after dodging some lame claw attack the gorilla would sooo totally kick the bear in the nads and then hump his lady bear and then rip out his spinal cord!!!!!!!!!!!! little to graphic there?
or did i give the best description?
specops10-4
+108|6883|In the hills
hey... the grizzly is friggn 400 pounds heavier, thats like another small gorilla fighting with the grizzly, and look at the arena that Joe Meal described, on a football field with just them and no way out.

and if it were a Kodiak bear, it would be like one of those really good boxers there are a few, against  like 15 year old kid, it would not be like 1 second but it would be really fast ending, those things are huge 11 feet tall and some 13 feet tall thats like 2 Kobe Bryants (hes like 6'8" or something giant like that right?)

Last edited by specops10-4 (2006-03-01 17:43:45)

UTVols
+0|6772
grizz, but i think a polar bear would take the grizz
JoeMeal
+1|6832
10 votes?!?!?! thats it..... geez man
Home
Section.80
+447|6988|Seattle, Washington, USA

I don't know, it would be a pretty close fight. I think while one would kill the other, the last one standing would eventually die from mortal wounds. Personally, I think the gorilla would win. While the bear would scratch the crap out of the gorilla, the gorilla would be much more nimble and could probably gain the upper hand. I think it would just continuosly beat on the bear's ribs, break them, squish the bear's insides until it's dead. BEAR=PWNT.
But then the gorilla would bleed to death. Poor gorilla.
WormGuts
+17|6934|Dayton, Ohio
no contest...the grizzley takes it. 

however, is the fight right after the bears hibernation period?  if so then the bear comes in weighing much less than it's standard weight.  which would help level the 'playing field' some.
Nickoflouse
+2|6840|Iowa
I vote gorilla

To me a gorilla sound more intimidating then a bear...

specops10-4 wrote:

Ok the average male silverback gorilla is like 500(180kg for you little people outside of the US!) pounds.  However the grizzly is from 800-1200 pounds, is just as muscular.
Would that make the gorilla alot faster then the bear?  Seeing that bears have about 500 more lbs then gorilla and are just as muscular.  Plus Bears that are standing up cant move from the place the are standing.  Gorillas have been known to use tools to help find food...who knows maybe they can also use tools for weapons...

I also asked my little brother which was stronger on Runescape and he said Gorillas are level 130ish and bears are level 20ish you do the math (for those are to lazy to, thats about 110 level difference), so Jagex staff is never wrong so Gorillas would own the bear no sweat...
F.Rabshaw
+37|6822

SmilingBuddha wrote:

u hav too much time on your hands.
ADMIN! close this topic
people who call for an admin like that in a forum or a server are such panzies.

BTW, the gorilla would win most definetly. If you wanted a more formidable opponent for the gorilla, I would say a polar bear. Much bigger bear.

Last edited by F.Rabshaw (2006-03-01 20:11:51)

Brad
+0|6772
The Grizzly would win.

Adult grizzlies have been known to decapitate deer with one swipe.  The power behind them is incredible.

A gorilla just has no defenses for that sort of thing.  Bears are built like tanks, and they can outrun gorillas as well.  Short, and bloody fight.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6813|Colorado
I'd go with the gorilla, I would think it would be stronger & rip the legs right off a bear.
Psychosis
+1|6788|Virginia
Grizzly would win. Now for a more difficult question...

Who would win?

A. Grizzly Bear
B. Chuck Norris
Brad
+0|6772
Chuck Norris, hand's down.

TrollmeaT:  Do you even know what a Grizzly Bear is?  And we are talking about Gorillas, not king kong here.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard