SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6650|Hong Kong
i started a new account called $milingBuddha and i got promoted to corporal. ive already unlocked the m95 in hopes of getting the l96 but i logged in and heard the drumroll and looked at the unlocks and there was NO l96!!! plz help, i really want this gun
bingobones
+6|6726|London, UK
i think u need special forces expansion pack
SmilingBuddha
+44|6650|Hong Kong
i do hav sf, look at my Gav1n1sed stats
Pierre
I hunt criminals down for a living
+68|6677|Belgium
use the search button...
the M95 is the first unlock as sniper when you start playing with a new account, then the second in that class comes available, so the L96 wil be there when you promote the second time.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6752
I beleive that you also must reach a certain rank before the SF unlocks are available. So when u unlock the first weapon, u might not see the second because u have not reach the specified rank.

this is just what i have heard.
Defiance
+438|6672

The L96 is euro force, not SF, and you don't need SF to get it.
Torin
+52|6693

Defiance wrote:

It is an SF unlock, don't listen to this guy. Yes, it is also a Euro Force weapon, but it is definitely an SF unlock. If you want to use it in Vanilla BF, you need SF.

Have you played any SF maps on your new account yet? You need to play at least 1 round of SF on an account to get access to the unlocks.
Inquatitis
+1|6640

Torin wrote:

Defiance wrote:

It is an SF unlock, don't listen to this guy. Yes, it is also a Euro Force weapon, but it is definitely an SF unlock. If you want to use it in Vanilla BF, you need SF.

Have you played any SF maps on your new account yet? You need to play at least 1 round of SF on an account to get access to the unlocks.
it is not an SF unlock, it is the Free unlock given by EA along with the P90.
neither of those are SF unlocks SINCE neither of them can be USED in SF.
Torin
+52|6693
Really, then show me someone with either the P90 or L96A1 that doesn't have SF.

Edit: Oh, and to quote a BF2 developer on the topic..

Will the new Booster Pack include any new unlocks?

The Euroforce booster pack will not grant anyone additional unlocks, as we did with Special Forces, due to memory constraints. However, since we made a full complement of weapons for Euroforce, and since the Snipers and Anti-tank class were unfortunately neglected on the Special Forces unlocks, the L96 and P90 will be added to the SF unlocks. I know some people will cry foul, but it isn’t fair that the players that purchased SF and enjoy those two classes missed out on unlocks, while the other classes got extra stuff.
So, suck on that, sweety.

Last edited by Torin (2006-02-27 08:04:08)

Inquatitis
+1|6640
*slurp
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6753
Go play a couple of rounds in SF with your new account. I'm sure you will get it.
The0wner
+0|6655
umm
rank up one more time i dont think the 2 free unlocks give you european weapons
Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6666

Torin wrote:

Really, then show me someone with either the P90 or L96A1 that doesn't have SF.

Edit: Oh, and to quote a BF2 developer on the topic..

Will the new Booster Pack include any new unlocks?

The Euroforce booster pack will not grant anyone additional unlocks, as we did with Special Forces, due to memory constraints. However, since we made a full complement of weapons for Euroforce, and since the Snipers and Anti-tank class were unfortunately neglected on the Special Forces unlocks, the L96 and P90 will be added to the SF unlocks. I know some people will cry foul, but it isn’t fair that the players that purchased SF and enjoy those two classes missed out on unlocks, while the other classes got extra stuff.
So, suck on that, sweety.
owned
WormGuts
+17|6795|Dayton, Ohio
(on a special note this was taken from another thread on the same topic)

WormGuts wrote:

Skruples wrote:

you dont need to pay 30 bucks if all you want are the unlocks. Just get a friend who has special forces to log into your account, and he will be able to unock the guns.

That's quite tricky on your part.  I wonder if that would work to fix the problem i have with my new account.  It's not offering me the L96A1 sniper rifle as an option to unlock.  I do have the M95 unlocked.  I do have the required rank.  I do have SF installed and patched up.  You will see that i have the weapon unlocked with this name http://bf2s.com/player/45519378/.  However, this one http://bf2s.com/player/64683979/ doesn't.  I do have the unlock still available and just keep hoping that it will fix itself.

Your idea might be a way around this problem though i'll have to check into it.
This worked for me and will work for  you.  I had the exact same problem.  You can unlock the SF weapons unlocks as your second unlock don't listen to anything these people tell you they're wrong.

Last edited by WormGuts (2006-02-27 09:06:15)

Inquatitis
+1|6640

Torin wrote:

Defiance wrote:

i just checked, as you can tell from my stat page, i do have both unlocks and they can both be used in vanilla, but wont let me use them in SF.
weird.
possibly another bug.

or EA just really doesnt want me using an AWP.
Torin
+52|6693

Inquatitis wrote:

Torin wrote:

Defiance wrote:

i just checked, as you can tell from my stat page, i do have both unlocks and they can both be used in vanilla, but wont let me use them in SF.
weird.
possibly another bug.

or EA just really doesnt want me using an AWP.
They are SF unlocks, but not SF weapons. Oddly enough, you cannot use SF unlocks while playing SF, only vanilla BF2. The same will probably go for Euro Forces.
Flyboy63
+8|6705|South Australia
you need to be sgt major
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6753

Flyboy63 wrote:

you need to be sgt major
Really? I do not think so. I've seen alot of people below sgt.maj using new sniper rifle. I may be mistaken.
Sondar
701SQ Commander
+0|6717
the problem is u have played with your old account SF but not with the new one ?... try that one out
R3belacT
+0|6704
I could be wrong, but remember right before the new patch came out, everyone got at least one free unlock because EA was working on the patch?  I know some people that after they took those free unlocks, and after they installed the new patch, they had no more unlocks left.  Maybe that's what happened and you have to wait till you rank up to get the others?   Just a thought...
WormGuts
+17|6795|Dayton, Ohio

Flyboy63 wrote:

you need to be sgt major
You are SOO wrong...the proof http://bf2s.com/player/64683979/
I got the L96A1 unlocked at corporal.  I may have been able to unlock it at lance corporal, but i achieved the next rank before i found the trick to let me get around the bug.
SmilingBuddha
+44|6650|Hong Kong
i cant play because there is sumthing wrong with my sf game
1stLt.MikeUSAF
+3|6636
You need the M95 to get the L96, same with the P90 for Anti-Tank. You need the DAO-12 to get your hands on the P90.
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6645|Cumberland, MD, USA
Ladies and gents, you don't need to be a Major, or Sergeant Major, or whatever to unlock the L96A1. I am a Corporal and I have it. I unlocked the G36C and M95 with my first unlocks. Then, I went out and bought SF and played it. The next day I had 2 unlocks waiting for me. I unlocked the Scar-L (BIG mistake.) and the L96A1. I've been using the L96A1 as my primary ever since.
younggun
+28|6645
when i rank up next time and unlock the M95 will i also get the L96? because some people with lower rank than me have more unlocks

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard